3v3 Participation Rate

Prev1
Wrathe
194 posts Member
edited June 2021
From my admitted jaded position, it seems 3v3 participation is pretty low.

Do others see this same trend, or is it a pretty equal rate between 3's and 5's?

I'd personally rather a 6v6, or double leadership type event than 3's, hehe.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Wrathe wrote: »
    From my admitted jaded position, it seems ...
    /thread
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Wrathe wrote: »
    From my admitted jaded position, it seems ...
    /thread

Thanks for response, am I to assume you think the rate of participation is the same?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm not sure how any of us could judge.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not sure how any of us could judge.

True, I mean, I can share my experiences in this particular GAC, but that's just 1 data point. I didn't know if there was a site or something that might track this, or even the devs. Failing that, soliciting more data points, hehe.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The devs surely know, but I doubt they'll say.

If I had to guess it's lower for 3v3 because of people that say the game wasn't designed for it, but still just a guess.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    I never see auto deployed defense in 5v5 any more. I regularly see several every season of 3v3. I think that’s pretty telling. The same could be said for people who just set defense and don’t bother to attack.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Granted, I hated 3v3 for quite a while because of the inability to test out teams. But now it’s grown on me and I prefer it to 5v5. 5v5 is a little stale at this point.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    never in my life have I had as many autosets as last gac (5v5). I'm talking 2, maybe 3 opponents iirc set D and/or attacked (I missed the first round but that's...a lot of not-caring. Fine by me)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I never see auto deployed defense in 5v5 any more. I regularly see several every season of 3v3. I think that’s pretty telling. The same could be said for people who just set defense and don’t bother to attack.

It's not necessarily telling because of sample size.
  • 5v5 I see tons of autoset defenses. Especially in later rounds when they can't get kyber so they just give up. 3v3 I don't see nearly as many auto defenses.
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's not necessarily telling because of sample size.

This is why I was hoping some site out there that tracked GAC history might track those "unset" instances and provide that participation number somehow. It's trivia, ultimately, but interesting data all the same.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

They had the auto deploy question come up in one of the Metaverse trivia videos and there were definitely more autosets than I would have thought. I think it was somewhere in the low 30% of people that join 5v5 just autoset and the number was only slightly higher in 3v3. They didn't give any numbers for actual join rate between the two so there could be a massive discrepancy between those two numbers, but the number that autoset defense is not that different between 5s and 3s.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

It’s the opposite for me. I’ve had more auto defenses and non-participation in 5v5 over the last 5 months than in 3v3.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

They had the auto deploy question come up in one of the Metaverse trivia videos and there were definitely more autosets than I would have thought. I think it was somewhere in the low 30% of people that join 5v5 just autoset and the number was only slightly higher in 3v3. They didn't give any numbers for actual join rate between the two so there could be a massive discrepancy between those two numbers, but the number that autoset defense is not that different between 5s and 3s.

Define autoset--because I set my first defense, the just leave it for the rest of the round. Is that being counted? Or when they say autoset are they exclusively talking about 30% of players don't set any defense and let the algorithm do it?

Just curious.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Define autoset--because I set my first defense, the just leave it for the rest of the round. Is that being counted? Or when they say autoset are they exclusively talking about 30% of players don't set any defense and let the algorithm do it?

Just curious.

Sorry, should have been more specific.

Yes, the question specifically stated "What is the percentage of people who opt in to 5v5 GAC, but don't place their first defense?" and the number was 33.9%. The number for 3v3 was only a couple percentage points higher at 37.5%.
  • Miketo28
    204 posts Member
    Everyone will still join. Why wouldn't they?

As to who sets proper defences and tries is a different matter. For me, my experience so far is both opponents and myself are fully participating.

One of my opponents messaged me that our battle was fun. He won, but I agreed. It was fun.

I enjoy 3v3. Would be interested in 4v4 or even a GAC where each zone had defences to be set that required different squad sizes.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    All, or almost all evidence on this is anecdotal, but fwiw, I haven’t seen any autoset defenses in the last few seasons of GAC, including this one. Now, a few times in there my opp hasn’t attacked me, but it doesn’t jump out to me that’s it happening more or less often in 5v5 vs 3v3. Another anecdote for the pile...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    5v5 I see tons of autoset defenses. Especially in later rounds when they can't get kyber so they just give up. 3v3 I don't see nearly as many auto defenses.

Opposite of my experience. I rarely see auto set in 5v5-even at the end. I see several in 3v3. Had one already in the 2nd round of this one. But again, small sample sizes. Like TVF said. CG has the data - but they aren't telling
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    5v5 I see tons of autoset defenses. Especially in later rounds when they can't get kyber so they just give up. 3v3 I don't see nearly as many auto defenses.

Opposite of my experience. I rarely see auto set in 5v5-even at the end. I see several in 3v3. Had one already in the 2nd round of this one. But again, small sample sizes. Like TVF said. CG has the data - but they aren't telling

They did tell us.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They did tell us.

They told us participation rates?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

They did tell us.

Got a mouse in your pocket? Please enlighten us.
  • TVF wrote: »

They did tell us.

They told us participation rates?

I think it was somewhere in those Operation Metaverse trivia interviews that almost no one cared about or even knows exists, but I'm not looking through those just to find it. I just vaguely remember looking through the questions once and seeing a question about the % difference in players who place defenses in 5v5 vs 3v3
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox3WXGPV2SI. 22 minute mark give or take. 33.9% join and autoset defense in 5v5 GAC. 37% in 3v3. According to Doja in Operation Metaverse Q&A a while back
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    No, they did not give participation numbers and I don't think they will. They only provided the percentage that autoset the first round and the difference between 5v5 and 3v3 for that percentage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No, they did not give participation numbers and I don't think they will. They only provided the percentage that autoset the first round and the difference between 5v5 and 3v3 for that percentage.

Those %s represent the number of players that join and do not participate.

But yes sorry that is not the numbers on people who participate in GACs, as in they do not tell us how many players join or dont.
  • Baibars
    58 posts Member
    Personally, I enjoy 3v3 more, because it gives you chance to break the routine and think outside of the box. Try new squads, find new metas, instead of doing the same old like a separatist droid lol. But, no idea about the participation rate you are talking.

Also, I am wondering how do you know a defence is autoset or not?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2021

But yes sorry that is not the numbers on people who participate in GACs, as in they do not tell us how many players join or dont.

1/3 of players joining something and not playing it seems pretty high. I wonder how high the percentage needs to go before they introduce some real changes (4v4, Hiding score until the end, different zones, ships upfront, etc) The new changes in the amount of team was a nice touch, but I don't think it shook it up enough, although it is too early to tell just yet.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Baibars wrote: »
    Personally, I enjoy 3v3 more, because it gives you chance to break the routine and think outside of the box. Try new squads, find new metas, instead of doing the same old like a separatist droid lol. But, no idea about the participation rate you are talking.

Also, I am wondering how do you know a defence is autoset or not?

When people say "autoset," they are referring to specifically first-round auto-sets (which carry over through rounds). So not only is it all their strongest characters on defense, but it is in power order, which results in weird combinations and wildly split up factions. It can even result non-leaders being put in the leader spot with while the two under them have leader abilities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

1/3 of players joining something and not playing it seems pretty high. I wonder how high the percentage needs to go before they introduce some real changes (4v4, Hiding score until the end, different zones, ships upfront, etc) The new changes in the amount of team was a nice touch, but I don't think it shook it up enough, although it is too early to tell just yet.

I would think the % not joining would be the point of concern, not the no play %. If they have a high enough join rate, then they may not push changes that may run off players who are joining already.