Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• I'm personally inclined to believe a new Maul is the logical counterpart to JMK. He's an iconic character that has only one (mostly useless iteration) in-game, and he could bring some utility to a bunch of different factions that are underdeveloped (Mandalorians, Scoundrels, Nightsisters, etc.)

You would also have a lot of undergeared characters in the requirements which is where they make the money; Qi'ra, Gar Saxon, Savage, Ezra, the new CAT, plus maybe some marquees like Dryden Vos or Duchess Satine.

Another Anakin/Vader doesn't really fit faction-wise; not really Empire/Separatist, and we already have Sith, Jedi, and Republic GLs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Geode wrote: »
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

The previous four GL’s have all had equivalent requirements and patterns:
    • Kylo: FO, 5* Finalizer, 13 characters
    • Rey: Resistance, 5* Raddus, 13 characters
    • SEE: Sith/Empire, Tie Bomber 15 characters
    • JML: Jedi/Rebel, Y Wing, 15 characters
    • Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

• Grievous: Droid/Separatist, 6* Malevolence, KAM, GG R8, 15 characters

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂

Everything that works for GG works for Vader too.

As for Vader in suit, well you already have one.

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

There is no rule saying that. The only Guidelines we really have is that they try to keep them similar. But as we move forward, some may have harder parts balanced out with easier parts (like an overlapping toon, for example)

Exactly, there are no rules. This is all just speculation.

GR Kenobi doesn't have to have Sep GL as pair. Just like Rebels don't need to be paired with Empire.

Vader is just as possible as GG, Dooku or Maul.

If he is a GR Jedi, then Separatist would be the most likely pair for many reasons. But sure, anything is possible. They have not broken with too much logic when it comes to GL pairs, so it is unlikely to be GR vs Empire, as that leaves both Rebels and Separatist in a lurch.

I agree with all of this, fwiw.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We should know soon enough anyway.

Bottom line is that Vader is as possible as GG, and both make perfect sense from what we know so far. What CG will decide is another matter.

As for Kenobi, I can't see him not needing some version of Anakin unless we are getting GL Vader and they don't want an overlap.

Only by that logic. As you look at the other layers to situation, it leans towards the separatist over Empire.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Bottom line is that Vader is as possible as GG, and both make perfect sense from what we know so far. What CG will decide is another matter.

As for Kenobi, I can't see him not needing some version of Anakin unless we are getting GL Vader and they don't want an overlap.

Only by that logic. As you look at the other layers to situation, it leans towards the separatist over Empire.

Because you chose to look it at like that. We will see.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Geode wrote: »
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

The previous four GL’s have all had equivalent requirements and patterns:
    • Kylo: FO, 5* Finalizer, 13 characters
    • Rey: Resistance, 5* Raddus, 13 characters
    • SEE: Sith/Empire, Tie Bomber 15 characters
    • JML: Jedi/Rebel, Y Wing, 15 characters
    • Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

• Grievous: Droid/Separatist, 6* Malevolence, KAM, GG R8, 15 characters

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂

Everything that works for GG works for Vader too.

As for Vader in suit, well you already have one.

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

There is no rule saying that. The only Guidelines we really have is that they try to keep them similar. But as we move forward, some may have harder parts balanced out with easier parts (like an overlapping toon, for example)

Exactly, there are no rules. This is all just speculation.

GR Kenobi doesn't have to have Sep GL as pair. Just like Rebels don't need to be paired with Empire.

Vader is just as possible as GG, Dooku or Maul.

If he is a GR Jedi, then Separatist would be the most likely pair for many reasons. But sure, anything is possible. They have not broken with too much logic when it comes to GL pairs, so it is unlikely to be GR vs Empire, as that leaves both Rebels and Separatist in a lurch.

I agree with all of this, fwiw.

Rebels can be paired with other factions. Like BH. They will have to start being creative with future GLs regardless of this pair.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I'm personally inclined to believe a new Maul is the logical counterpart to JMK. He's an iconic character that has only one (mostly useless iteration) in-game, and he could bring some utility to a bunch of different factions that are underdeveloped (Mandalorians, Scoundrels, Nightsisters, etc.)

You would also have a lot of undergeared characters in the requirements which is where they make the money; Qi'ra, Gar Saxon, Savage, Ezra, the new CAT, plus maybe some marquees like Dryden Vos or Duchess Satine.

Another Anakin/Vader doesn't really fit faction-wise; not really Empire/Separatist, and we already have Sith, Jedi, and Republic GLs.

Maul doesn't work for the ship part though. Only Vader and GG do. Not sure about Dooku.

How is Vader not Empire? He uses the words "My new Empire", among other things.
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The only reason I don't think it will be Separatist is because there's hardly any character development of GG or Dooku. Yeah GR vs. Seps makes the most sense faction wise but thinking about the actual characters, those we have multiple of we have for a reason, to either show character development, like kylo and rey, or depict characters during different timeframes. We have 3 kylos to show his evolution from a general/warrior to the head of the FO. I don't think I need to explain Luke's character development. And kenobi, we have the strategic general of the galactic republic, old-man kenobi, and are now getting the jedi master version of him.

If we got GG or Dooku, how would they be fundamentally any different than who we already have in game? GG is already a general, I mean it's in his name and he has a cap ship. Someone mentioned "supreme commander GG" and I have absolutely no idea what that even means. Dooku? Well he gets his head chopped clean off so unless we start resurrecting characters and Dooku holds his head like a bad Halloween costume, that doesn't make much sense either. Finally, separatists (GG really) would make more sense if the GL version of Kenobi was strategic general. But it's not. It's jedi master and jedi master kenobi's greatest and most tragic adversary during this timeframe happened to be his padawan.

My opinion, the only version of a DS character that we don't have from this era yet worthy of GL status is Anakin as he embraces the dark side. JKA is the version of him as, well, a jedi knight. Duh. Vader is post transition, well established Vader. A new version of him would bring that iconic transition explicitly to the game. I know it doesn't fit the faction cadence particularly well and just considering factions, GR vs. Seps makes the most sense. Unfortunately, there isn't a realistic version of a Separatist remaining worth GL status.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Good read so far.

I'm definitely on the side of GR vs Separatist. Either a new GG or Dooku would be fun.

Will KAM be required. Unlikely for Kenobi unlikely for the next one. People just don't have him unlocked and most are not even close to having him unlocked.

I'd say kam is unlikely for kenobi and likely for next one. Many people have him finished and more will have that as months pass. I doubt cg will have problems making one gl more exclusive.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Good read so far.

I'm definitely on the side of GR vs Separatist. Either a new GG or Dooku would be fun.

Will KAM be required. Unlikely for Kenobi unlikely for the next one. People just don't have him unlocked and most are not even close to having him unlocked.

I'd say kam is unlikely for kenobi and likely for next one. Many people have him finished and more will have that as months pass. I doubt cg will have problems making one gl more exclusive.

I don't think KAM will be required for anything anytime soon. That is just bad business.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Good read so far.

I don't think KAM will be required for anything anytime soon. That is just bad business.

I don't agree, you have 5 other gls to collect. This depends on kam completion and close to completion rates we can't possibly know.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Good read so far.

I don't agree, you have 5 other gls to collect. This depends on kam completion and close to completion rates we can't possibly know.

Less than 3000 people have 7* KAM, 20k unlocked him. Unless they are planning to release next GL in November I don't see him being a requirement. For anything anytime soon. And why would he need to be a requirement? Just because of Wat?

Having 5 others GLs have nothing to with it. Next GL is going to be the newest toy with packs involved. Why would people buy packs if they know that they won't be able to unlock the characters for a year?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Well, we'll see. I'm just talking about likelihood. None of the reasons you've posed as you see it needs an answer. I have r5 kam which skews my viewpoint ofc. About 5 other gls, one of them is brand new. As cg stated the next one won't come right away.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Well, we'll see. I'm just talking about likelihood. None of the reasons you've posed as you see it needs an answer. I have r5 kam which skews my viewpoint ofc. About 5 other gls, one of them is brand new. As cg stated the next one won't come right away.

No, but I doubt they will wait half a year.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

No, but I doubt they will wait half a year.

Yeah, I think 3 months and such.
  • If kam is required for GL kenobi I feel a lot of members may leave the game myself included I have played this game since it launched and I love the game but kam would just be ridiculous as so many cant get him the event is super hard and I myself am miles off unlocking him and not prepared to move guilds for him. I am nervous about the next 5 as it’s been easy so far and don’t mind spending some money on new characters as long as it’s workable if they put KAM in the requirements with no other way of get his shards then my days in SWGOH will be over
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    If kam is required for GL kenobi I feel a lot of members may leave the game myself included I have played this game since it launched and I love the game but kam would just be ridiculous as so many cant get him the event is super hard and I myself am miles off unlocking him and not prepared to move guilds for him. I am nervous about the next 5 as it’s been easy so far and don’t mind spending some money on new characters as long as it’s workable if they put KAM in the requirements with no other way of get his shards then my days in SWGOH will be over

Kam for kenobi doesn't make sense. Both wat and kam for the first gl of the new pair doesn't fit. If anywhere kam can fit for the 2nd unrevealed one and that's just a possibility.
  • CG needs to at least increase the shards received for TB for Wat shards or make it farmable or they risk lower guilds getting weaker.
    I've got no other way to farm unless I shift guilds but I like the guild
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Because you chose to look it at like that. We will see.

Basing what we expect on the previous examples is how I look at it. How do you look at it?
  • Jo0121 wrote: »
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

Less than 3000 people have 7* KAM, 20k unlocked him. Unless they are planning to release next GL in November I don't see him being a requirement. For anything anytime soon. And why would he need to be a requirement? Just because of Wat?
    It's anything but bad business. A good portion of those 3000 are the long term committed players, and spenders among those 3000 (there are F2P too obviously) might account for more of the revenue than most of the other players combined.

Sometimes it's not bad to offer something to those players too instead of making every GL a giveaway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

It's anything but bad business. A good portion of those 3000 are the long term committed players, and spenders among those 3000 (there are F2P too obviously) might account for more of the revenue than most of the other players combined.

Sometimes it's not bad to offer something to those players too instead of making every GL a giveaway.

It's also worth noting that making KAM a 6* req would double that number (almost 6k).
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Let's do 6* KAM on Wednesday!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Let's do 6* KAM on Wednesday!

5f25yxzhqlm2.png
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    He becomes a real boy at 7*.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    It's fine. CG have to continously keep reinventing the wheel to give established players a reason to keep playing. If anything, including heroes like KAM, Wat makes it less of a cash grab.

Logically, KAM would be a requirement for any dark side Galactic Republic Galactic Legend, antagonist to Master Kenobi or otherwise, particularly if it's Order 66 related.
  • As has been posted just under 3000 people have KAM at 7 stars and only 20k players even have him unlocked at level 4.

Comparing with over 80k players who have Wat at 7 stars and a further 176k players having Wat unlocked in some way shape or form.

KAM isn't 6 months away or even 12 months away for a vast majority of players.

Why make a galactic legend that currently only 3000 players can unlocked out of the 400k plus there is.

Unless they release shards some other way it won't happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As has been posted just under 3000 people have KAM at 7 stars and only 20k players even have him unlocked at level 4.

Comparing with over 80k players who have Wat at 7 stars and a further 176k players having Wat unlocked in some way shape or form.

Why make a galactic legend that currently only 3000 players can unlocked out of the 400k plus there is.

BB is likely to increase the rate of KAM shards. They are seeming to be a less RNG dependent run on that mission.

There is always the possibility they move Geo TB mission toons to the GET store, even without a new TB.

6* brings that up to 6k, right now, and likely higher a few months down the road when they start announcing the next GL.

All in all, releasing a "more exclusive" GL at this point and with the balance we have is not the worst thing they could do.
  • Why make a galactic legend that currently only 3000 players can unlocked out of the 400k plus there is.
    Because everyone else has 4 (soon to be 5) other GLs to work on.

And if you have all of them, just get in a KAM farming guild already.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    As has been posted just under 3000 people have KAM at 7 stars and only 20k players even have him unlocked at level 4.

I agree that a problem with KAM as a requirement is that there’s really no way to expedite him. For instance, I only have 8 shards, and if my guild magically became capable of getting 50 shards per TB, it would still take me 7 months to get KAM at 7*. At that point, there will be another GL, so I won’t even care to pursue JMK.

More realistically, my guild is probably 1 year from unlocking KAM, and with continued progression, 18 months from getting him to 7*. If JMK requires a 7* KAM, I’m not even going to try.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

BB is likely to increase the rate of KAM shards. They are seeming to be a less RNG dependent run on that mission.

There is always the possibility they move Geo TB mission toons to the GET store, even without a new TB.

6* brings that up to 6k, right now, and likely higher a few months down the road when they start announcing the next GL.

All in all, releasing a "more exclusive" GL at this point and with the balance we have is not the worst thing they could do.

There is already a more exclusive character: KAM

Giving Kam a key place in a meta team (like GL Ken team) would reward players who have him without punishing players who don’t.

• cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Good read so far.

I'd say it's bad business because only the cream of the crop have him unlocked now, and only the cream of the crop will be able to 7 star him for the foreseable future. You're not going to generate a dime of spending locking someone behind a TB wall requiring a top level guild to get the shards for a required character.