Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Why make a galactic legend that currently only 3000 players can unlocked out of the 400k plus there is.
    Because everyone else has 4 (soon to be 5) other GLs to work on.

And if you have all of them, just get in a KAM farming guild already.

If one of those 4 GL is a hard counter to Ken, that’s perfectly fine. If not, working on other GLs is pointless if you want to stay relevant in arena.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    As has been posted just under 3000 people have KAM at 7 stars and only 20k players even have him unlocked at level 4.

Comparing with over 80k players who have Wat at 7 stars and a further 176k players having Wat unlocked in some way shape or form.

KAM isn't 6 months away or even 12 months away for a vast majority of players.

Why make a galactic legend that currently only 3000 players can unlocked out of the 400k plus there is.

Unless they release shards some other way it won't happen.

BB is likely to increase the rate of KAM shards. They are seeming to be a less RNG dependent run on that mission.

There is always the possibility they move Geo TB mission toons to the GET store, even without a new TB.

6* brings that up to 6k, right now, and likely higher a few months down the road when they start announcing the next GL.

All in all, releasing a "more exclusive" GL at this point and with the balance we have is not the worst thing they could do.

There is already a more exclusive character: KAM

Giving Kam a key place in a meta team (like GL Ken team) would reward players who have him without punishing players who don’t.

Letting the rich get richer and further increasing the divide doesn't hut players without that access? You might have an argument if you made the GL he unlocks the weakest GL, not if it's the META.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Good read so far.

I'm definitely on the side of GR vs Separatist. Either a new GG or Dooku would be fun.

Will KAM be required. Unlikely for Kenobi unlikely for the next one. People just don't have him unlocked and most are not even close to having him unlocked.

I'd say kam is unlikely for kenobi and likely for next one. Many people have him finished and more will have that as months pass. I doubt cg will have problems making one gl more exclusive.

I don't think KAM will be required for anything anytime soon. That is just bad business.

I don't agree, you have 5 other gls to collect. This depends on kam completion and close to completion rates we can't possibly know.

I'd say it's bad business because only the cream of the crop have him unlocked now, and only the cream of the crop will be able to 7 star him for the foreseable future. You're not going to generate a dime of spending locking someone behind a TB wall requiring a top level guild to get the shards for a required character.
    Again, people underestimate how much revenue the "cream of the crop" generates.
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Good read so far.

I'm definitely on the side of GR vs Separatist. Either a new GG or Dooku would be fun.

Will KAM be required. Unlikely for Kenobi unlikely for the next one. People just don't have him unlocked and most are not even close to having him unlocked.

I'd say kam is unlikely for kenobi and likely for next one. Many people have him finished and more will have that as months pass. I doubt cg will have problems making one gl more exclusive.

I don't think KAM will be required for anything anytime soon. That is just bad business.

I don't agree, you have 5 other gls to collect. This depends on kam completion and close to completion rates we can't possibly know.

I'd say it's bad business because only the cream of the crop have him unlocked now, and only the cream of the crop will be able to 7 star him for the foreseable future. You're not going to generate a dime of spending locking someone behind a TB wall requiring a top level guild to get the shards for a required character.

Could also be that the top guilds (or 'cream of the crop') have asked CG for an exclusive GL. CG knows who pays the bills and who to keep happy.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Good read so far.

Again, people underestimate how much revenue the "cream of the crop" generates.

Agreed. However, it is also underestimated what new whales generate in revenue. We don’t have the data so this line of argument falls apart for both sides (which btw I think is really your main point: stating any single choice made by the devs will or will not change revenue cannot be known by the general player base and thus the argument has little value in trying to predict the dev decisions).

We will find out on Wednesday what the final reqs are. My pure speculation is KAM won’t be in there, but the best JMK team could very well include KAM. Having an exclusive meta for arena wouldn’t surprise me, but there will still likely be available counters. There are more theory-crafters than devs and too many kits to make any new character (team) completely invulnerable.

No matter the outcome on Wednesday (nor upon kit reveal, nor initial gameplay, nor adjustments to kit, nor resulting arena shifts), the end of the world/game will have nothing to do with players’ ability to get JMK immediately.

KAM required but not ready? There are other great characters to unlock if you haven’t already. If you have all the GLs, then hopefully you are earning KAM in due time too (as has been pointed out). If you have KAM ready, enjoy your shiny new toy. Either way, I am certain you can continue to find ways to have enjoyment with the game (if you so desire).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As has been posted just under 3000 people have KAM at 7 stars and only 20k players even have him unlocked at level 4.

Comparing with over 80k players who have Wat at 7 stars and a further 176k players having Wat unlocked in some way shape or form.

BB is likely to increase the rate of KAM shards. They are seeming to be a less RNG dependent run on that mission.

There is always the possibility they move Geo TB mission toons to the GET store, even without a new TB.

6* brings that up to 6k, right now, and likely higher a few months down the road when they start announcing the next GL.

All in all, releasing a "more exclusive" GL at this point and with the balance we have is not the worst thing they could do.

Giving Kam a key place in a meta team (like GL Ken team) would reward players who have him without punishing players who don’t.

I agree, and I honestly believe that to be more likely than him being a hard requirement.

But moving him to the store would also "smooth things out".
  • Kyno wrote: »

I agree, and I honestly believe that to be more likely than him being a hard requirement.

MK III GET anybody? :)
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

MK III GET anybody? :)

Conquest store seems a good place. No hoarding, meaningful choices for those who don’t have kam, allow those who do have kam to concentrate on the new shiny things.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    We should know soon enough anyway.

Bottom line is that Vader is as possible as GG, and both make perfect sense from what we know so far. What CG will decide is another matter.

As for Kenobi, I can't see him not needing some version of Anakin unless we are getting GL Vader and they don't want an overlap.

Only by that logic. As you look at the other layers to situation, it leans towards the separatist over Empire.

Because you chose to look it at like that. We will see.

Basing what we expect on the previous examples is how I look at it. How do you look at it?

Nothing in previous examples says we can't have Vader, does it?

And like the other person said, we only had 2 pairs. It is not exactly a pattern.

You mentioned that having Empire would leave Rebels and Seps hanging, but they can be paired with other factions. They will have to get creative with pairing soon anyway because there aren't many obvious pairs left.

Another thing. Anakin/Vader has a development and different physical appearance. You can go from JKA, to GAS, to suitless Vader to Vader we already have. What is the difference in GGs appearance?

GG doesn't have much development to be honest.

Next thing is popularity. Yes, I know you guys think it is my wishes that make me biased, but I visit a lot of forums and message boards and I can tell you a lot of people want Vader. I don't think I have seen 10 people wanting GG. Nor is he seen as someone who deserves the GL status.

So I am looking at it from all angles and not just Seps are counter to GR.

Good read so far.

Good read so far.

Less than 3000 people have 7* KAM, 20k unlocked him. Unless they are planning to release next GL in November I don't see him being a requirement. For anything anytime soon. And why would he need to be a requirement? Just because of Wat?
    It's anything but bad business. A good portion of those 3000 are the long term committed players, and spenders among those 3000 (there are F2P too obviously) might account for more of the revenue than most of the other players combined.

Sometimes it's not bad to offer something to those players too instead of making every GL a giveaway.

I don't know what GL has been a giveaway, for starters.

I won't discuss who brings more revenue, like someone already said we don't know that.

What's the point locking a character behind a wall and have 90% or more players needing a year or more to unlock him? Why would people even bother then? There is going to be a new GL by the time people start unlocking him.

As for BB, it is going to take months for anyone but whales to 7* them and gear them and TB is once per month.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

Less than 3000 people have 7* KAM, 20k unlocked him. Unless they are planning to release next GL in November I don't see him being a requirement. For anything anytime soon. And why would he need to be a requirement? Just because of Wat?
    It's anything but bad business. A good portion of those 3000 are the long term committed players, and spenders among those 3000 (there are F2P too obviously) might account for more of the revenue than most of the other players combined.

Sometimes it's not bad to offer something to those players too instead of making every GL a giveaway.

You are making a great number of assumptions (and an exaggeration to boot) to make your theory plausible. And one of your assumptions actually works against your theory - namely if they DO account for more revenue, making Kam the "difficult" requirement is handing it to those 3k players for free.

I have Kam unlocked and don't really care one way or the other. But the number of people using poor logic to "prove" their theories based on their own preferences/feelings is mildly amusing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

You are making a great number of assumptions (and an exaggeration to boot) to make your theory plausible. And one of your assumptions actually works against your theory - namely if they DO account for more revenue, making Kam the "difficult" requirement is handing it to those 3k players for free.
    The point of the argument was to keep the said players around, not how much they actually spend on a GL.

It's not just the heavy spenders, but many long time players in general that are getting fed up with 4m players with SEE as their only GL and 15 total g13s that are suddenly climbing in shards where to top has an average of 6m+ GP. From time to time some exclusivity in a potential new meta is not a bad thing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yeah, by the same token people shouldn't have played new tbs...yet here we are.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

The point of the argument was to keep the said players around, not how much they actually spend on a GL.

It's not just the heavy spenders, but many long time players in general that are getting fed up with 4m players with SEE as their only GL and 15 total g13s that are suddenly climbing in shards where to top has an average of 6m+ GP. From time to time some exclusivity in a potential new meta is not a bad thing.

But you said it yourself - they are long term committed players. They aren't leaving anyway.

I do agree about the "1 hit wonders" climbing - but they are easily blocked, knocked back etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Bottom line is that Vader is as possible as GG, and both make perfect sense from what we know so far. What CG will decide is another matter.

As for Kenobi, I can't see him not needing some version of Anakin unless we are getting GL Vader and they don't want an overlap.

Only by that logic. As you look at the other layers to situation, it leans towards the separatist over Empire.

Basing what we expect on the previous examples is how I look at it. How do you look at it?

And like the other person said, we only had 2 pairs. It is not exactly a pattern.

You mentioned that having Empire would leave Rebels and Seps hanging, but they can be paired with other factions. They will have to get creative with pairing soon anyway because there aren't many obvious pairs left.

Another thing. Anakin/Vader has a development and different physical appearance. You can go from JKA, to GAS, to suitless Vader to Vader we already have. What is the difference in GGs appearance?

Next thing is popularity. Yes, I know you guys think it is my wishes that make me biased, but I visit a lot of forums and message boards and I can tell you a lot of people want Vader. I don't think I have seen 10 people wanting GG. Nor is he seen as someone who deserves the GL status.

Good read so far.

Good read so far.

The previous examples suggest pairings to be counter fractions. Vader is Empire which would be the counter to Rebels not GR.

I never said a pattern, but educated guesses are based on the information available. Which is all we have to work with, and deviating too much is just guessing.

Yes any pairing could be made, but I suspect they will follow the pairings that are thematically and cinematically relevant, when they reference a source material.

People didnt want Rey, but we have her as one of the top characters in game. People really wanted Luke and red 5, we have one, but really at the power level players wanted him at, and we dont have the other. I'm sure they look at the desires of the player base, but things are on a long scale road map, they are not going to "force" a pair just mat h player desire in a situation like this.

Again, we have the examples they set, they didnt do the first 2 pairs on player desire, and they kept them with the faction pairing from the material.

I 100% agree that if we didnt have the faction element Vader would be the pair, and should be. But I do not expect them to pair GR with empire. They could break that trend we have seen, but it would be " a break" from what we have seen before to make that happen. Maybe that's part of the reason behind this initially timing break of the pairs. We will have to wait and see.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Good read so far.

Good read so far.

The previous examples suggest pairings to be counter fractions. Vader is Empire which would be the counter to Rebels not GR.

I never said a pattern, but educated guesses are based on the information available. Which is all we have to work with, and deviating too much is just guessing.

Yes any pairing could be made, but I suspect they will follow the pairings that are thematically and cinematically relevant, when they reference a source material.

People didnt want Rey, but we have her as one of the top characters in game. People really wanted Luke and red 5, we have one, but really at the power level players wanted him at, and we dont have the other. I'm sure they look at the desires of the player base, but things are on a long scale road map, they are not going to "force" a pair just mat h player desire in a situation like this.

Again, we have the examples they set, they didnt do the first 2 pairs on player desire, and they kept them with the faction pairing from the material.

I 100% agree that if we didnt have the faction element Vader would be the pair, and should be. But I do not expect them to pair GR with empire. They could break that trend we have seen, but it would be " a break" from what we have seen before to make that happen. Maybe that's part of the reason behind this initially timing break of the pairs. We will have to wait and see.

Yes, but there is a difference in doing ST era GLs and PT era. From ST I don't think there was a GL people wanted.

TCW/PT era is a different story.

Alright. But all I am saying is that you are putting too much stock into factions when it is inevitable to have pairs that aren't really counter factions in the future.

And everything is really guessing at this point.
  • I wonder what are the odds of a Wat Pack.
    Typically with GLs they have three one-time packs with shards for each character
    Wonder if Wat is the attempted Cash Cow for mid-level players through a more expensive Marquee Pack
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    I wonder what are the odds of a Wat Pack.
    Typically with GLs they have three one-time packs with shards for each character
    Wonder if Wat is the attempted Cash Cow for mid-level players through a more expensive Marquee Pack

I am guessing it could be something like Hoda/Wampa pack.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    I wonder what are the odds of a Wat Pack.

GL Frank Sinatra confirmed.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Good read so far.

Good read so far.

Yes, but there is a difference in doing ST era GLs and PT era. From ST I don't think there was a GL people wanted.

Alright. But all I am saying is that you are putting too much stock into factions when it is inevitable to have pairs that aren't really counter factions in the future.

That is my point, if they were following what "player preference" they would have started with different characters or a different era.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Good read so far.

Thanks for calling me the cream of the crop, friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    c8aqy2iz0cww.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Good read so far.

Good read so far.

That is my point, if they were following what "player preference" they would have started with different characters or a different era.

Not necessarily. I am thinking more in terms what players want from a certain era. It was logical to finish ST era first since they already started with it.

If they don't release Vader now, then when?

But we will see.
  • Anyone say, "Oh, I have wanted to gear Royal Guard for the ship and now it is a bit more worth it?"
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

It's also worth noting that making KAM a 6* req would double that number (almost 6k).

And also worth noting that if they require a 6* character they will have to amend their policy on GL character requirements from "they will all require relics," to something else. Not that they can't do so, but I think if that were going to be the case they would have said so earlier in the process.
  • Actually their initial policy was to not require relics for all characters for unlocking GLs but they changed that before releasing Rey/Kylo. So anything goes I guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

It's also worth noting that making KAM a 6* req would double that number (almost 6k).

And also worth noting that if they require a 6* character they will have to amend their policy on GL character requirements from "they will all require relics," to something else. Not that they can't do so, but I think if that were going to be the case they would have said so earlier in the process.

yeah, that's right. So i guess that's not a real possibility.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Actually their initial policy was to not require relics for all characters for unlocking GLs but they changed that before releasing Rey/Kylo. So anything goes I guess.

thats what "subject to change" means.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Good read so far.

Good read so far.

yeah, that's right. So i guess that's not a real possibility.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    https://www.starwars.com/news/revenge-of-the-sith-obi-wan-kenobi-galaxy-of-heroes

Kenobi will be GR leader with Jedi synergy.

The event starts on June 16th.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I like his UA animation
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?