Should I save gear for Kenobi or unlock gml?

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited June 2021
So I’m close to having gear saved for gml unlock just wondering if I should save it instead.

If Kenobi counters Luke like Luke counters kylo it would be a waste for me. I’m going to unlock jkl In a few weeks when event comes back but I’d like to not waste resources on any inferior teams if that’s the case.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    All you can do is wait
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nissa123
    50 posts Member
    Jml is trash
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    So I’m close to having gear saved for gml unlock just wondering if I should save it instead.

If Kenobi counters Luke like Luke counters kylo it would be a waste for me. I’m going to unlock jkl In a few weeks when event comes back but I’d like to not waste resources on any inferior teams if that’s the case.

We'll get the final 5 in a couple more days. At this point you might as well wait to see what other characters you'll need for GL Kenobi and then make the decision.

My guess is, Cody, GMY, Luminara, Plo Koon, and Kit Fisto.
  • Nissa123 wrote: »
    Jml is trash

https://swgoh.gg/p/475132175/

How would you know?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    My guess is, Cody, GMY, Luminara, Plo Koon, and Kit Fisto.

Nope.

Guess Again.

• My guess is, Cody, GMY, GAS, CUP, and Kit Fisto
  • 2smooth wrote: »

How far along are you on Bo-Katan? Do you have Wat 7* already? Are you willing to spent crystals/cash on JMK?
    Based on your wording you have JML almost unlocked and waiting to gear him up to relic? If you're that far along, I'll advice you to do it. JML is useful in arena LSTB and Conquest.
    If you mean you have the gear saved to gear up toons needed for JML, you should ask yourself how much time it'll take to get the tickets to unlock JML and get the gear and relics to get JML to R5 at least and set the time schedule off to farming Bo-Katan. That's all the info you have right now to make that decision.

No GL will ever be completely useless.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    There’s just 3 more days until the next batch of requirements comes out. I’m in the same boat with unlocking Rey. I have plenty of gear and materials ready but I’m going to wait until the next batch is out before deciding
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    PoederAmon wrote: »

How far along are you on Bo-Katan? Do you have Wat 7* already? Are you willing to spent crystals/cash on JMK?
    Based on your wording you have JML almost unlocked and waiting to gear him up to relic? If you're that far along, I'll advice you to do it. JML is useful in arena LSTB and Conquest.
    If you mean you have the gear saved to gear up toons needed for JML, you should ask yourself how much time it'll take to get the tickets to unlock JML and get the gear and relics to get JML to R5 at least and set the time schedule off to farming Bo-Katan. That's all the info you have right now to make that decision.

Yeah I have wat r5 I’m just now starting to farm bo Katan which is the only toon that I don’t have 7*. I think I’ll have to wait for next requirement in a few days before I use refreshes on that farm.

But not spending cash on any gls but will use crystals for equipment farms/ toon refreshes.

I guess we won’t know how Kenobi will compare until he is released. I’ll have to wait until then and by waste I’m mean a toon that you have to climb from 2-3 fights outside top 50 in arena and are targeted like malevolence in ships. Tb isn’t primary focus or else I’d have Rey on my to do list.
  • 2smooth wrote: »

Yeah I have wat r5 I’m just now starting to farm bo Katan which is the only toon that I don’t have 7*. I think I’ll have to wait for next requirement in a few days before I use refreshes on that farm.

But not spending cash on any gls but will use crystals for equipment farms/ toon refreshes.

I guess we won’t know how Kenobi will compare until he is released. I’ll have to wait until then and by waste I’m mean a toon that you have to climb from 2-3 fights outside top 50 in arena and are targeted like malevolence in ships. Tb isn’t primary focus or else I’d have Rey on my to do list.

I don't know how many crystals you have, but you have to take into account that when you know the last batch of requirements it will take quite some time to get JMK, maybe 5 or 6 months. In the meantime, not having JML could hurt your performance. So, go for JML now and take 6 months to hoard for JMK might be a win-win.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @PoederAmon
    it will take quite some time to get JMK, maybe 5 or 6 months.

What are you basing that time estimate on?
  • PoederAmon
    259 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @PoederAmon

Is you're not "buying" bo, you get 2 shards a day on avg for her. Assuming you farmed her since day one, you're like maybe, 220 shards away from 7*. It'll take around 110 days.
    I was exaggerating a bit and stand corrected.
  • PoederAmon wrote: »
    @PoederAmon

Is you're not "buying" bo, you get 2 shards a day on avg for her. Assuming you farmed her since day one, you're like maybe, 220 shards away from 7*. It'll take around 110 days.
    Sorry, what?

I’m doing 15 sims a day on Bo Katan and it is not costing me a penny. Is refreshing a node considered “buying” now?
    @PoederAmon

Sorry, what?

I’m doing 15 sims a day on Bo Katan and it is not costing me a penny. Is refreshing a node considered “buying” now?

Nope, never said that. How many shards on avg do you get?
    I did 15 sims a day on Greef and Cara and got 2 on avg.

Buying would refer to buying shards from shipments or weekly shipments, in my book.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Buying would refer to buying shards from shipments or weekly shipments, in my book.

That's a pretty fair use of the word.

BTW: 2/day is definitely possible on 15 sims because RNG is RNG, but on average you'll get about 3 shards per 10 attempts. If you got less, someone else got lucky and got more.

Since you don't know in advance what your luck will be, guessing 3 shards per 10 attempts (4.5 for 15) will get you a decent time estimate. I always take whatever the average/expected value is and add 20% to the number of days so that I'm not disappointed by bad luck.

Right now I'm at 61/65 on BoKK, so 189 shards needed, with expected 3 shards/day.

189/3 = 63.

63 + 20% = 75/76 days. So my plan is 2.5 months, but any double drop event or if I'm ahead with everyone else's Kyros & don't need crystals for that, I can drop some extra refreshes & accelerate that timetable.

If I was doing 15 attempts every day, I would expect 1.5 times more shards, so 63/1.5 = 42. 42 + 20% = 50 or 51 days.

Again, this is just averages (with a cushion) so it's still possible for your plans to go badly, but overall it helps me to be able to approximate things. This way I know how urgent it is to buy gear, for instance. If my farm toon is going to be done quite quickly, I might accelerate gear buying to make sure that gear doesn't hold me back. Or I might have to farm signal data even faster.

But if the toon is what's holding me back, I can do 1 fewer refreshes on signal data farming and invest that into gear or farming more shards of the toon.

Having reasonable expectations helps you make better plans. 2 shards per 15 attempts might be what you got for a couple characters, but it's not a reasonable expectation in advance: that's pretty bad luck.
    @PoederAmon

Sorry, what?

Nope, never said that. How many shards on avg do you get?
    I did 15 sims a day on Greef and Cara and got 2 on avg.

The drop rate is 33%.

2/15 is possible occasionally, but there is no way that anybody will average this many over the course of a whole farm.
  • Not what I asked. But for the sake of argument, let's retract my earlier statement and go along with Master Seedy his calculations. And JMK should be obtainable for the topic starter in two months.
    Seeing the 3rd batch of requirements are doable, we'll come back here in two months and see how far along everyone is.

I stand by my own advice and finish SEE farming first 🙂
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    What’s longer to farm aren’t the shards but the gear and signal data to relic 14 characters. If someone use his stash to relic the prerequisites for any gl, chances are he’ll need at least 6 months (probably more) to be able to do it again.

So my advice would be: wait 2 more weeks, you’ll know very soon if Ken will be a roadblock in arena.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    Yeah that’s what I was thinking the relic material seem to take longer to farm than the gear as I’m a lot closer to gear requirements than the relic.

The double drops helped but I don’t refresh cantina because of the cost unless double drops happen.