So what did your stockpiles look like?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »
    You got WAY lucky with disks.

I'm not the guy you quoted but I agree with him that you were lucky with your RNG. So far I have seen only 1 green disk - the rest was white/common.
    These are the 'best' disks I could choose. Common Convor's Agility didn't fit in the screenshot. I haven't equipped any of them yet.
    xmtwfferweff.png
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

I'm not the guy you quoted but I agree with him that you were lucky with your RNG. So far I have seen only 1 green disk - the rest was white/common.
    These are the 'best' disks I could choose. Common Convor's Agility didn't fit in the screenshot. I haven't equipped any of them yet.
    xmtwfferweff.png

I don't think ruthless swiftness can spawn as a grey one, only green and blue but there's also zealous ambition that's definitely a grey. And even after only 1 sector there are quite a few stockpiles which is why it's unlikely to not pick anything meaningful up. Already having 2x leaders resolve and an offensive buffs disc after 1st sector is pretty good for sure. I'd just like to see some evidence on all this horrible RNG with 'nothing to pick up, only trash after the first sectors' happening to people.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    th3evo wrote: »

xmtwfferweff.png

I don't think ruthless swiftness can spawn as a grey one, only green and blue but there's also zealous ambition that's definitely a grey. And even after only 1 sector there are quite a few stockpiles which is why it's unlikely to not pick anything meaningful up. Already having 2x leaders resolve and an offensive buffs disc after 1st sector is pretty good for sure. I'd just like to see some evidence on all this horrible RNG with 'nothing to pick up, only trash after the first sectors' happening to people.

I haven't seen Leader's Resolve in the previous Conquest at all. Since the stockpiles are completely RNG then it is possible to get 'trash' all the time. Just comparing your disks and mine - you have significantly higher rarity than I do.
    I might take screenshots of my future stockpiles to show my RNG.
    EDIT: I realized I had enough energy to preview my next stockpile:
    t4m1htdb11i2.png
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 2

7ypzkz5zo04h.png
    1) finishing battles in sector 1 and beating Padme with SLKR completing 2 of the feats
    2) no desirable disc in the final stockpile so I take a random one and head into sector 2
    5i7hj6zan74k.png
    3) first 2 stockpiles in sector 2 have no desirable disc either so I take the easiest path for my Jedi (working on sector feat) and go the Geos + Hux route
    4) pick up a random disc and will go Mom --> GG next
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm confused what this has to do with the thread topic, but that's ok! Confusion is a natural human condition.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm confused what this has to do with the thread topic, but that's ok! Confusion is a natural human condition.

I just stick to my word and show the progress.
    Since next conquest is in 4 days we can track our progress and path/disc choices with screenshots and see how it goes.
    Didn't want to open a new thread just for this. With that being said, who is in your squad?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    With that being said, who is in your squad?

JML JKL JKR GAS GMY
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I alternate 2 Jedi squads: JKL (L), JMLS, GAS, +2; JKR (L), GMY, Bastila, Jolee + 1.

HY can get swapped around. I usually put Shaak with JKR & GMY for the extra assist call to keep feeding TM to GMY but HY works there as well.

The last Jedi is sometimes GK, but I've used Aayla once.

With 2 Jedi squads you have 5 hours to regenerate Stamina & 6 to regenerate the energy of 2 battles, so that's enough to get through.

I didn't finish the "defeat 4 enemies at once" feat at the end of S1, but I have some auto HoT already, so if I ever encounter stacking offense on buff I can go back with rey & pick up those 3 points pretty easily.

Had 2 difficult battles so far: the very first battle in s1 because we had just raided and I forgot to give Malak & DR back their mods. They were completely stripped. It's not like the battle was even difficult, exactly, but by failing to Fear them out of the gate I let some Geos get some attacks in. Spy jumped TM and killed a damaged HK. I felt stupid later realizing I'd gone in without the mods on what were supposed to be my 2 fastest toons driving the whole battle.

The other was ... Traya on the last non boss battle in S1. I don't even remember what team I chose, but I remember that it was a bad counter. I thought I could just over power them... and I did, but lost someone.

But since you need extra wins in S1 anyway, it doesn't matter that I got 2* on 2 battles. I can go back with some overpowered comp with great data disks later.

As for data disks, I got nothing but junk the first couple stations, but it's been consistently good since then. I just got my first Ruthless Swiftness 1/2 way through S2 and chose it immediately. It was Blue to boot. For my final S1 disk post Padmé I got a purple: Booming Voice. It's a terrible disk vs. Traya or GR, but it's great against everyone else.

I've had no luck with survivability disks (+Health or +Protection), but I also picked up the +Off% per Health for Supports & Healers. With those 3 great disks and the mediocre auto HoT disc (which becomes great with stacking offense), the early bad luck doesn't matter. This is probably the best collection of disks I've had at this point in a conquest since the "introductory" conquest where everyone was on Normal mode.

Assuming I can pick up 2/3 feats on the S2 Boss, I'll be quite happy with the first couple days of this Conquest.
  • I jumped on the "entrenched" bandwagon and they work great. I highly recommend them with 'ruthless swiftness,' and zealous ambition.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    I've never seen an "entrenched" that wasn't white (+25%). The general health/prot boost is better than that, so I've never taken one.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I like the 50% or 75% (seen 2 50% so far) on a Padme team. Keeps the debuffs off. Vitality is decent though too.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Got a blue Zealous Ambition (54.4% health as offense), green entrenched, offensive buffs, and green offense-on-buff (+5%) in my first 2 sectors, but saw a lot of grey trash and dups as well. I ended up going for 3 scavengers instead of the data stockpiles because of it. The option to buy a decent consumable is better than picking up a grey 1* I'll never use. No 3* or higher yet.

Echo and bastilla are nuking entire squads on their first turn, and troopers are insane. Zealous Ambition feels very broken, but a lot of fun.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 3

7yyl2qego6zd.png

1) reached middle merchant and bought the 5 CAT shards
    2) went Piett, DR (beating both with Jedi for feat) and then Padme (beaten with SLKR) to get to the southern data disc stockpile where a ZA is available
    3) grabbed that ZA and then aimed to go south again as the next southern stockpile has a ruthless swiftness that I want to get and equip so I beat the Geos with Jedi (feat), Padme with GAS (60 IQ move as my GAS couldn't kill them in 1 AoE and kneeled down so they could take someone out - only 2/3 there) and will do the GAS with SLKR next
  • Conquest is a failure.
    If the shiny new characters weren't locked behind it, I wouldn't play it.
    It was fun when we could break the game, but now post DPC, it's just a chore.
    Feats cripple your ability to navigate the mode in the way you want to.
    It isn't theory crafting either. It's just use your power players over and over again.
    Overprepared is a dumb mechanic.
    4/4 (soon to be 5/5) on Hard boxes maxed out and I really haven't enjoyed these last two.
    Honestly, I would prefer longer sectors without any feats.
  • Chiming in to say that although last Conquest felt like a chore near the end, in general Conquest is my favorite game mode. If CAT hadn't been a reward, I probably would have quit with 380 to 400 points last time, a solid 2nd best reward tier, but well short of the 425 necessary for max.

But I definitely would have played those first 380 points because I had fun for most of it.

So if CG is reading this, I understand that some people hate Conquest, but some people love it and some people like it quite a bit. There's a range. We're not all upset with it.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Almost halfway through Sector 3 with only one disk equipped because I'm not really interested in the others I have so far and I don't want to pay to swap them out later.

It's work, it's not fun.
  • MasterGomez87
    143 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    I will get the max rewards (I need to do the 50 ds battles and then I have it) I'm 4.3M, I don't have any GL and I also don't have JKL so it's definitely not impossible.

who do you use? becasue im struggling hard core lol

they made even harder then last time... do they not want us playing/beating it or?

clearly its a GL only event unless your dumb lucky
  • clearly its a GL only event unless your dumb lucky

Well, I would say "unless you're very, very determined, but I get your point. This is a mobile game. We're not supposed to be slavishly devoted to mastering all the possible combinations of all the possible toons that might be useful against GLs & Conquest bosses. Some people like that, and more power to them, but for the vast majority of players a mobile game simply isn't meant to be played so seriously.

That said, I think it's great that determination & a lot of time spent studying strategies can get nonGL, barely qualifying players through to the red crate.

I obviously care about the game or I wouldn't comment here, but for me the social aspects of the game are much more important than mastering all the various aspects of various kits. And I don't mind a challenge, and I'm perfectly happy to have great rewards placed behind difficult barriers, but I'm also someone who will settle for 2nd best rewards in a lot of cases simply because I play the game to have fun, not to conquer. If conquest gets me down, I don't play conquest. If conquest is fun for most of it but the final feats are getting tedious I stop there. If it was fun to start and then got tedious but something I really, really want is in the red crate (like 25 more CAT shards) well, then, maybe I go after the last feats anyway because even though those are tedious to get, I know I'm going to enjoy having CAT.

But these are my choices, and I like that my choices matter. If strategy didn't matter, if it was only having the proper counter (which was also obvious to everyone) or inevitably fail, then there would be no extra reward for trying harder. A game in which your choices don't matter is a pretty badly designed game.

Maybe it feels weird to some that a 4.3M gp player got the same rewards I did, but I'm cool with it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 4

ryefa8m3ga76.png
    1) completed the last battles in sector 2 (including the GAS boss with SLKR and completing 2 feats doing so)
    2) grabbed a blue LR from the last stockpile (forgot to take a screenshot of the stockpile)
    kv7bw6j7vyl5.png
    3) in sector 3 I saw a blue RS in the southern stockpile so I went that way immediately (forgot to take screenshot of the northern stockpile but there was just some random grey + green stuff)
    kp1zx2qp5pv8.png
    4) had to do a GAS battle after that and since the next double stockpile had nothing interesting I just chose the easier path which was Palp --> stockpile (picking up random disc and letting it rot in inventory) --> Jango
    5) next stockpile didn't have anything interesting either but since the northern path had GR enemies I took another random disc from the stockpile and fought the Geos with Sith working towards the feat
    6) after the Geo team there was a GMY team that I quickly took down with SLKR
    7) reached the merchant in the mid and grabbed those 5 CAT shards
  • take back to the season 1 -2 era with SEE and DR thats thw conques i want back. even without cooling system that one is doable.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 5

Since the rest is pretty straight forward anyway I'll just post the data disc stockpiles.

d6kqiy9tnawy.png
    mazb9wf4vtti.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 5

Since the rest is pretty straight forward anyway I'll just post the data disc stockpiles.

d6kqiy9tnawy.png
    mazb9wf4vtti.png
    How many points worth of disks do you have equipped so far? I am just ahead of you, starting Sector 4, and I have a whopping 4/12 that I actually wanted to equip.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    For my run so far, just got into Sector 5, there has been more Power and Vitality than usual. Got Overpowered (4*) but it doesn't really help with the toons I have. Entrenched has been rare this time around.

One Data Disk selection were all Power, 2 Green, 1 White.. Not much of a choice... But got 2 Ruthless Deliberation and a Blue Caustic Emission that help quite a bit. The "Ruthless" Data Disks are very useful for only being 1*..
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    9/12 - 2x leaders resolve, 1x offensive buffs, 1x ruthless swiftness

Got another blue leaders resolve, a blue ruthless swiftness and a green zealous ambition in my inventory but I wanna check the next sector first if I get 1-2 more ruthless swiftness discs and maybe a green/blue entrenched before I commit - otherwise I might just equip the blue LR.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    9/12 - 2x leaders resolve, 1x offensive buffs, 1x ruthless swiftness

Got another blue leaders resolve, a blue ruthless swiftness and a green zealous ambition in my inventory but I wanna check the next sector first if I get 1-2 more ruthless swiftness discs and maybe a green/blue entrenched before I commit - otherwise I might just equip the blue LR.
    Nice. I really wish I had even one Leader's Resolve. Not having one forces me to resort to GLs more often. Two is really helpful, not sure I would go to three though, that's a little too much invested in one toon.
  • update!

got Deadly Momentum... paired with the Ruthless disks, it is suh-WHEAT
  • Hornist
    61 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Conquest is such a cool mode. I think it is legitimately my favorite part of this game now. (Maybe tied with GAC.)

The last two have been decidedly less fun. Got max rewards last time, will again this time (Im sure since its a clone and disc rng didnt stop me last time.)

Just going through the nodes feels more like a chore now, feats are twice as bad, bosses and their feats fruatrating at best(I did enjoy nuking GAS with slkr solo last time near the end.)

During the last two I have raged hard around sector 3 each time, and have had to keep the rewards in mind just to keep playing the mode, it has been so frustrating.

I don't necessarily care about the difficulty(easy modes are often just as much of a chore,) but there was MAGIC in the first few conquest runs that seems to be waning now. Even the repeated ones seemed more special and interesting.

I guarantee some of this is fatigue and bias, but with all the others saying similar things I have to assume there is something tangible that is different beyond just DCS and quickening being gone.

Just earnest feedback. I love Conquest, but feel it is becoming less fun than it has the potential to be.

(Side note, Future Vision is the worst purple disc I think. Definitely not worth four dots. Two dots at best. Booming voice might be the most fun part of this mode now, but it isn't really worth it either. Still very fun though.)
  • (Side note, Future Vision is the worst purple disc I think. Definitely not worth four dots. Two dots at best. Booming voice might be the most fun part of this mode now, but it isn't really worth it either. Still very fun though.)

Completely agree. FV isn't remotely balanced for its cost. Booming Voice isn't really balanced either, but

1) It's not far off. I can't honestly say whether it would be better as a 3* or a 2*. Part of that is whether you have the ability to get leader turns quickly. So the farther you are in the game (more GLs, more tight symmetry teams that give you lots of TM) the more valuable it is. For a roster like mine, 3* might be appropriate, for a lower roster, 2* would be more balanced. The frustrating thing is that you can't make it cost different numbers of slots based on someone's roster, so you MIGHT think that we're stuck. But nope! I have an idea! Booming Voice gets changed to 3* in Hard Mode, but is reduced all the way to 2* in Normal Mode.

2) You're right about Booming Voice being fun. Balanced or not, it's just fun. It would be ridiculous to try to say that about Future Vision.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 6

xbu136vi6vxw.png
    u2ybsjety7z1.png