giphy.gif

bz5uymbtmlml.gif
    Lol
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your new Empire?
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't make me kill you.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!

I'm probably wrong (again) and it will be Lord Vader as the next GL, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Why should newly made Lord Vader be more GL than the current suited version of Vader?
    If he is empire, who should the pre-reqs be, which makes sense as leading to his fall + are mainly from the faction he is supposed to be leading?

I could see Tarkin, Sidious, Dooku and Tusken from DS, who else would really make sense?
    You could put in Ventress and some seps maybe, but again, there's one Empire toon in there.
    There's also a bunch of LS toons, but nothing there would add to the Empire faction which supposedly Lord Vader should lead.

It makes sense to me that there's not a lot of Empire in Anakins "becoming Lord Vader" story, as Vader and the empire was established at the same time. But to me, it does not make sense then to have Vader from the GK battle of Mustafar as the Empire GL.

I would hope that it's a separatist GL who opposes the Galactic Republic.
    And that a Empire GL Vader is opposed by a GL Rebel.

But, if you use logic and think about it from a "mirror" standpoint, then there's really only 1 choice for a Kenobi GL based on EP3.

So in the movie where Kenobi faced first Dooku, the public leader of the separatist, then GG, the long-time second in command and likely new perceived leader of the separatist and then finally, Lord Vader, newly made Sith of the newly founded empire, there’s really only one option for counterpart to Kenobi?
    Gotcha. (and yes, I am likely still wrong)
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.

I'm probably wrong (again) and it will be Lord Vader as the next GL, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Why should newly made Lord Vader be more GL than the current suited version of Vader?
    If he is empire, who should the pre-reqs be, which makes sense as leading to his fall + are mainly from the faction he is supposed to be leading?

I could see Tarkin, Sidious, Dooku and Tusken from DS, who else would really make sense?
    You could put in Ventress and some seps maybe, but again, there's one Empire toon in there.
    There's also a bunch of LS toons, but nothing there would add to the Empire faction which supposedly Lord Vader should lead.

It makes sense to me that there's not a lot of Empire in Anakins "becoming Lord Vader" story, as Vader and the empire was established at the same time. But to me, it does not make sense then to have Vader from the GK battle of Mustafar as the Empire GL.

But, if you use logic and think about it from a "mirror" standpoint, then there's really only 1 choice for a Kenobi GL based on EP3.

So in the movie where Kenobi faced first Dooku, the public leader of the separatist, then GG, the long-time second in command and likely new perceived leader of the separatist and then finally, Lord Vader, newly made Sith of the newly founded empire, there’s really only one option for counterpart to Kenobi?

Yes.

Every GL has been a clearly different iteration of their previous version.

What changes did GG and Dooku go through? Besides having Dooku's head roll around the floor, that is.

Anakin Skywalker transformed - physically (yellow eyes etc) mentally (murdering kids, choosing dark side) and was even called a new name "Lord Vader"

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Yes.

Every GL has been a clearly different iteration of their previous version.

What changes did GG and Dooku go through? Besides having Dooku's head roll around the floor, that is.

Anakin Skywalker transformed - physically (yellow eyes etc) mentally (murdering kids, choosing dark side) and was even called a new name "Lord Vader"

Well, the Younglings wasn't the first time he murdered children.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    fgsc6zl4ep1p.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    fgsc6zl4ep1p.gif

Almost as much as sand.

(It gets everywhere.)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I hate TVF.

He gets everywhere.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • those saying its going to be vader are just hoping because there probably wont be a vader galactic legend because in the movies anakin stays the exact same and jedi knight anakin is already required for sith eternal emperor so acourding to capital games, jedi knight anakin is the closest we are going to get to a fallen anakin. we could be getting a redeemed anakin though, probably not this year though

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    those saying its going to be vader are just hoping because there probably wont be a vader galactic legend because in the movies anakin stays the exact same and jedi knight anakin is already required for sith eternal emperor so acourding to capital games, jedi knight anakin is the closest we are going to get to a fallen anakin. we could be getting a redeemed anakin though, probably not this year though

Yes, your complete glossing over of the other examples provided and ignoring of CW styled toons makes perfect sense.

We'll take you at your word.
  • those saying its going to be vader are just hoping because there probably wont be a vader galactic legend because in the movies anakin stays the exact same and jedi knight anakin is already required for sith eternal emperor so acourding to capital games, jedi knight anakin is the closest we are going to get to a fallen anakin. we could be getting a redeemed anakin though, probably not this year though

So.....what your saying is we wont get Lord Vader/ Fallen Anakin because we already have another Anakin with similar clothing.....makes perfect sense....

I think its quite obvious it will be Lord Vader. He will be different because he will hopefully be based on his appearance while he was storming the temple. Hood up, yellow eyes, Dark Side, Sith, and still rocking a blue saber.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    those saying its going to be vader are just hoping because there probably wont be a vader galactic legend because in the movies anakin stays the exact same and jedi knight anakin is already required for sith eternal emperor so acourding to capital games, jedi knight anakin is the closest we are going to get to a fallen anakin. we could be getting a redeemed anakin though, probably not this year though

So.....what your saying is we wont get Lord Vader/ Fallen Anakin because we already have another Anakin with similar clothing.....makes perfect sense....

I think its quite obvious it will be Lord Vader. He will be different because he will hopefully be based on his appearance while he was storming the temple. Hood up, yellow eyes, Dark Side, Sith, and still rocking a blue saber.

What prevents it to be obvious is the faction imo. We had FO/Res and Sith/Jedi, so Sep/GR would make the most sense and Empire/Rebel later on.

• Starslayer wrote: »

What prevents it to be obvious is the faction imo. We had FO/Res and Sith/Jedi, so Sep/GR would make the most sense and Empire/Rebel later on.

Absolutely. 100% this.

It's all about the Faction and the corresponding LS/DS..

Dooku beat Kenobi in Attack of the Clones (his Padawan didn't help matters) but Kenobi beat him GG..

Who is GLOW's biggest enemy in the GR vs Sep. war? Could it be Dooku? GG? Maul?

It is certainly not his "brother," the Chosen One...
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

2nd wave just kicked my theory in the teeth... Wat, magma and GG for Kenobi ?
  • cer9wk6fb1ur.jpg
    1. new character was added to this Conquest but it is still giving us 44 shards of RC, does this mean in 4 months when a new character gets added CAT will still give 90 shards? Or will it be reduce and this is just a glitch that they forgot to reduce the amount of shards we get?

When is the reduce in currency needed to buy the previous character happen?

2. What will be the price for the shards of retired characters be?
  • Also, are we getting more CW marquees or are the GLs and bad batch it? I was hoping for 212th, but doesn’t look like that will happen :(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, are we getting more CW marquees or are the GLs and bad batch it? I was hoping for 212th, but doesn’t look like that will happen :(

That is currently all we have announced.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Also, are we getting more CW marquees or are the GLs and bad batch it? I was hoping for 212th, but doesn’t look like that will happen :(

That is currently all we have announced.

Is that the royal "we" or are you confirming your official employment at CG? 😉
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Konju wrote: »
    fgsc6zl4ep1p.gif

I would like to point out that, I absolutely love this meme B)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jedi Master Kenobi Group 1 Requirements:
    General Kenobi - Relic 8
    Negotiator - 6 Star
    Mace Windu - Relic 3
    Aayla Secura - Relic 3
    Bo-Katan Kryze - Relic 5

Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 2:
    Qui Gon Jinn - Relic 3
    IG-100 Magnaguard - Relic 5
    Clone Sergeant - Phase I - Relic 5
    Wat Tambor - Relic 7
    General Grievous - Relic 7

Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 3:
    Cad Bane - Relic 5
    CC-2224 "Cody" - Relic 5
    Jango Fett - Relic 7
    Shaak Ti - Relic 7
    Grand Master Yoda - Relic 8
    hes going to be required. 100%.

Probably not, but we both know you wont be back here to talk about how you were wrong when we found out hes not required.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Anyone celebrating KAM not being a hard requirement should still pump the breaks. KAM could still be "required" in the sense that DR was not that great without Malak.

Let's see that kit :)
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    Anyone celebrating KAM not being a hard requirement should still pump the breaks. KAM could still be "required" in the sense that DR was not that great without Malak.

Kenobi will still likely be extremely beneficial to have without KAM, especially for LS geo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Anyone celebrating KAM not being a hard requirement should still pump the breaks. KAM could still be "required" in the sense that DR was not that great without Malak.

True, but malak did the trick at 5*. Still opens the door up a fair amount over needing him at 7* if he were a hard requirement.
  • Creme wrote: »

Kenobi will still likely be extremely beneficial to have without KAM, especially for LS geo.

Without a doubt. However, I would (and did) go for a different GL because of KAM. Also, I'm behind on BK shards, so I've got time.
  • Kyno wrote: »

True, but malak did the trick at 5*. Still opens the door up a fair amount over needing him at 7* if he were a hard requirement.

Hmm... if KAM were viable at 5* under JMK lead, that would be nice :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Hmm... if KAM were viable at 5* under JMK lead, that would be nice :)

Usually situations like that cost you on defense, but work on offense. Buy it's all speculation until we see a kit.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Jedi Master Kenobi Group 1 Requirements:
    General Kenobi - Relic 8
    Negotiator - 6 Star
    Mace Windu - Relic 3
    Aayla Secura - Relic 3
    Bo-Katan Kryze - Relic 5

Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 2:
    Qui Gon Jinn - Relic 3
    IG-100 Magnaguard - Relic 5
    Clone Sergeant - Phase I - Relic 5
    Wat Tambor - Relic 7
    General Grievous - Relic 7

Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 3:
    Cad Bane - Relic 5
    CC-2224 "Cody" - Relic 5
    Jango Fett - Relic 7
    Shaak Ti - Relic 7
    Grand Master Yoda - Relic 8

Probably not, but we both know you wont be back here to talk about how you were wrong when we found out hes not required.

I'm back, I was wrong, glad CG won't put him as a requirement, applause on them, but not for long

With Wat being required, this question will rise up again with the next GL, you know it will

And chances are, we're correct that time lol

Hope I need to apologize a second time, I prefer being wrong 2 times in a row than turning a GL requirement on a 1-2 years long road (even tho for me, Wat is alredy a year long road, but it's WAAAY better than KAM)