edited June 2021
    Hopefully cad bane gets a capital ship.

Very nice
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Anyone else pleasantly surprised by the requirements?

I mean r8 for 2 characters is not "easy" but not too outrageous.

Personally I feel like there is less "junk" too.

I still think it's way too many dark side characters required for a light side GL.
    Also while the requirements are 'character friendly' they are not really 'relic friendly' (4 R7 and 2 R8 - or you can count it like 8 R7 + R8 materials and extra Zinbiddles) - it's even more than SEE's 5 R7.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Tintguy wrote: »
    If you're worried about how to get Wat you may as well give up. 2 R8s mean you need to be clearing C Pit, if you're doing that you already have an alliance getting Wat shards

I already had General Kenobi at R8. And my guild can’t clear C Pit.

I got them from Conquest rewards.

Also you can buy the packs with R8 materials that pops up once in a while.
  • Tintguy
    60 posts Member
    Tintguy wrote: »
    If you're worried about how to get Wat you may as well give up. 2 R8s mean you need to be clearing C Pit, if you're doing that you already have an alliance getting Wat shards

Can we all say it together:

Conquest

Thank you.

If you're doing hard conquest you're also more than likely getting or have Wat
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Makes you wonder what the next GL will require.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • While I'm surprised by the second r8 requirement, this seems reasonable. I say that someone who doesn't haven't wat at 7* yet (that happens the next ds geo tb)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Hopefully cad bane gets a ship.

Very nice

He does.
  • Hopefully cad bane gets a ship.

Very nice

He does have a ship!
  • What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

Was Kenobi ever directly involved with KAM outside of the council chambers?

If not— and some Clone Wars experts might prove me wrong here as I didn’t watch it— then I would be surprised if he’s required.

Most of the toons required so far are associated with encounters that Obi-Wan was involved in, e.g. Grievous’ death. However, Aayla’s requirement bothers me.

Were her and Obi-Wan working together a lot in the clone wars series?

If Grievous is required, then I do think Darth Maul and possibly Cody are going to be in the next batch.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

If not— and some Clone Wars experts might prove me wrong here as I didn’t watch it— then I would be surprised if he’s required.

Most of the toons required so far are associated with encounters that Obi-Wan was involved in, e.g. Grievous’ death. However, Aayla’s requirement bothers me.

If Grievous is required, then I do think Darth Maul and possibly Cody are going to be in the next batch.

Internet Explorer?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

The next batch has already been released. No Darth Maul.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Still shocked no Anakin/DV needed
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I mean his capital ship

Won’t happen, no toon has a ship and a capital ship.

Hondo to unite BH would make far more sense!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »
    Anyone else pleasantly surprised by the requirements?

I mean r8 for 2 characters is not "easy" but not too outrageous.

Personally I feel like there is less "junk" too.

I still think it's way too many dark side characters required for a light side GL.
    Also while the requirements are 'character friendly' they are not really 'relic friendly' (4 R7 and 2 R8 - or you can count it like 8 R7 + R8 materials and extra Zinbiddles) - it's even more than SEE's 5 R7.

One could argue that character friendly is relic friendly. Not wasting "a lot" of relics on useless characters, is good in my book.

I'm not trying to say everyone should be jumping for joy, but it's not bad.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

JKA or GAS would be needed for the DS GL assuming that we get Presuit Vader next.
  • Man I couldn't be happier with the reqs. All I have left is Cody who is G12 +3 so I'm pretty much finished
  • redoschi
    13 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Well, Rey didn't need any Kylo and vice-versa.

All this points to is that we'll get Fallen Anakin / Lord Vader as our next DS GL with a requirement on GAS and possibly JKA as well.

Lack of Padme and Ahsoka (probably the new one) are also good indications of their requirement for that GL.
  • My guess is that we will need to get GL Kenobi up to Relic 8 as well to unlock his ultimate.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Kenobi not requiring GAS is a huge mistake. Anakin's master, friend, 'brother'. They marched through whole CW together. it would be a lot reasonable to add r8 GAS instead of Cad Bayne
  • It definitely going to hurt many growing Guilds, we thought we are progressive & growing but this recent JML announcement shook the players to realise the guild they're present is not worth because they want Nego & Wat shards Quick, they're leaving for Bigger Guild... What is happening right now the Guild that used to be active & get (say) 10 Wat Shards per month now losing their players and chances of winning stars & Wat Shards are dropping.

Idk if CG planned to do filter the Guilds like that..
    Idk it is good or bad thing... But definitely Obi wan Kenobi started to behave "Massacre of Guilds" in the Game already. Sad.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Just as with the other GLs there's a lot of meh chars to relic up pretty high that are overkill on relics (GMY is a prime example)

Wait, I'm confused, you consider GMY a meh character when you have all these on the list?

Wat Tambor, Relic 7
    Clone Sgt. Phase 1, Relic 5
    Commander Codi, Relic 5
    IG-100 Magna Guard, Relic 5
    Aayla Secura, Relic 3
    Mace Windu, Relic 3
    Qui-Gon Jinn, Relic 3

At least my Yoda gets some regular use & while I don't want to take past R5 it won't hurt as bad as some of those above.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    JackWoods wrote: »
    It definitely going to hurt many growing Guilds, we thought we are progressive & growing but this recent JML announcement shook the players to realise the guild they're present is not worth because they want Nego & Wat shards Quick, they're leaving for Bigger Guild... What is happening right now the Guild that used to be active & get (say) 10 Wat Shards per month now losing their players and chances of winning stars & Wat Shards are dropping.

Idk if CG planned to do filter the Guilds like that..
    Idk it is good or bad thing... But definitely Obi wan Kenobi started to behave "Massacre of Guilds" in the Game already. Sad.

Future content will always pushes guilds. They either adapt or fall apart.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Just as with the other GLs there's a lot of meh chars to relic up pretty high that are overkill on relics (GMY is a prime example)

Wait, I'm confused, you consider GMY a meh character when you have all these on the list?

Wat Tambor, Relic 7
    Clone Sgt. Phase 1, Relic 5
    Commander Codi, Relic 5
    IG-100 Magna Guard, Relic 5
    Aayla Secura, Relic 3
    Mace Windu, Relic 3
    Qui-Gon Jinn, Relic 3

At least my Yoda gets some regular use & while I don't want to take past R5 it won't hurt as bad as some of those above.

The only one of the chars you listed that comes close to GMY's R8 is Wat but yes, there are obviously a lot more meh chars who are (way) lower on relics though. Anything else is R3-5 which isn't comparable to R7 and R8. Wat is also 2 relics overkill as R5 Wat would've been good enough to use him in CPit.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    So this is the first time I can get a gl pretty early as an f2p. Only showstopper are Bo shards. I'll be done with all else in a few days.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

One could argue that character friendly is relic friendly. Not wasting "a lot" of relics on useless characters, is good in my book.

I meant it more in a novelty sense/how difficult they are to get. Only 1 character is new, 1 is 'difficult' and the rest is old and relatively easily farmable.
    For the Zinbiddle Cards (100) you need total of 500 pieces of G12+ gear. For Electrium Conductors (280) you need total of 1494 pieces of G12 gear. That's a big investment.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    Kenobi not requiring GAS is a huge mistake. Anakin's master, friend, 'brother'. They marched through whole CW together. it would be a lot reasonable to add r8 GAS instead of Cad Bayne

The number of relic Bane’s vs relic GAS is your answer.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

I meant it more in a novelty sense/how difficult they are to get. Only 1 character is new, 1 is 'difficult' and the rest is old and relatively easily farmable.
    For the Zinbiddle Cards (100) you need total of 500 pieces of G12+ gear. For Electrium Conductors (280) you need total of 1494 pieces of G12 gear. That's a big investment.

I think it's sufficiently hard. Not that many has a stock of r8 exclusive mats. It's to me akin to whether you had jkl in time or not. Though are we at a time we ask for gls to be gotten harder than they already are? Now that's surprising.
  • With these super mixed requirements I’m pretty intrigued who the DS GL will be and how the requirements will be set out.

Will it be another mix-and-match of Sep, GR and BH/scoundrel? Could it lead to two full teams for the new GL pairs with all the requirements done for both?
    Or will it be a weird mix with Sep/GR focused requirements to unlock a Empire GL?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    https://www.starwars.com/news/revenge-of-the-sith-obi-wan-kenobi-galaxy-of-heroes

Kenobi will be GR leader with Jedi synergy.

The event starts on June 16th.

And force unaligned. Those without kam will enjoy cat !