F2P GL Progress - 3RD Batch

Replies

• Never mind.

All done
    9f9xvxnfad2y.jpg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    My remaining. The worst thing will be Bo shards but it also gives me the token to collect GL Ken gear in the duration while not cutting back for getting BB ready.

r9karduvsuhu.png

• When did they release the last row?
    Today.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    When did they release the last row?

About 4 hours before that was posted.
  • All done.

Next GL please?
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    All done.

Next GL please?

Pics or it didn’t happen
  • All done.

Next GL please?

Nice. If I were not after the highest GP F2P goal, I would be hoarding and get GL as fast too. :) I am low in crystals so have to farm Bo shards the “hard” node way.

BTW, hitting a nice 8m GP number today.
    vl4ea251f35r.png

• Keyth wrote: »
    All done.

Next GL please?

Pics or it didn’t happen

6kwbglfvxede.jpg
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    All done.

Next GL please?

Nice. If I were not after the highest GP F2P goal, I would be hoarding and get GL as fast too. :) I am low in crystals so have to farm Bo shards the “hard” node way.

BTW, hitting a nice 8m GP number today.
    vl4ea251f35r.png

Yeah your GP keeps getting further and further away from me :)
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    tbh it's not super prohibitive for f2p to succeed and get the crystals to farm stuff. Maybe CG intended to make the arenas stale and less beneficial (refreshes, etc.), but almost anyone can get Nego by now and have the top fleet arena fleet, or have gotten SLK like a year ago (or JML more recently) and still climb to the top of arena (maybe kenobi is changing this now for some shards, idk). Someone who whaled on the metas early probably drops just as much as a f2p who didn't meta-chase and came into the meta late.

I guess having a relatively smaller roster as f2p means lower GC bracket rewards and lower TW bracket rewards, and fewer KAM shards.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    dgree wrote: »
    tbh it's not super prohibitive for f2p to succeed and get the crystals to farm stuff. Maybe CG intended to make the arenas stale and less beneficial (refreshes, etc.), but almost anyone can get Nego by now and have the top fleet arena fleet, or have gotten SLK like a year ago (or JML more recently) and still climb to the top of arena (maybe kenobi is changing this now for some shards, idk). Someone who whaled on the metas early probably drops just as much as a f2p who didn't meta-chase and came into the meta late.

I guess having a relatively smaller roster as f2p means lower GC bracket rewards and lower TW bracket rewards, and fewer KAM shards.

This was always the case for long term f2p though, no? And for both arena climber f2p lower brackets anywhere isn't a thing either. Only div 1 is out of reach...for now (with the exception of sloweagle)
  • Today i got my 5th GL, JMK r7, but not ulti.

Now i am prepare for next DS GL
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

This was always the case for long term f2p though, no? And for both arena climber f2p lower brackets anywhere isn't a thing either. Only div 1 is out of reach...for now (with the exception of sloweagle)

Right, there is no difference in rewards between div 1 or div 2. On the other hand, I guess the total number of F2P in div 1 is likely less than 10 or maybe just myself as of now. The next known f2p I knew, she is at 7.75 GP today:)

• sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    JMK done now, so maybe I should change my no-hoarding practice and start hoarding for the 6th? Lol
  • 20th May update

Aayla, Mace, Negotiator, IG100, Grevious all done.

GK relic 6
    Bo Katan G12+4
    Qui Gon G7
    Clone Sgt G11.
    Wat 9/100 G11

Little bit annoyed with the Wat requirement. Our guild gets between 20 and 25 shards per TB so I'm hopeful I can have him 7* in 3 and a half months.

This should provide ample time to get the remaining requirements up to scratch.

4th June update
    6/15 done
    GK relic 7
    Qui Gon g12+2
    Clone Sgt g12+5
    Wat 33/100

Joined a new much better guild and with the luck of WAT appearing in shipments have been able to 7 star him.

All my requirements complete time to start farming tickets
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    JMK done now, so maybe I should change my no-hoarding practice and start hoarding for the 6th? Lol

Sure. I support no hoarding in principle, but there are shades to it. Otherwise you'll hit a place where you gear up ugnaught&cup (even I'm close to that at 166 g11+s)
  • sloweagle wrote: »

100K crystals should be enough. That's only 4 months or so
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Sure. I support no hoarding in principle, but there are shades to it. Otherwise you'll hit a place where you gear up ugnaught&cup (even I'm close to that at 166 g11+s)

Usually I don’t hoard crystals. I spent them down to one day reserve Ie 1000, mostly on mods and gear for some key toons. So unless ugnaught become a GL requirement, it will stay at G8, lol. I think my mods are one of the best for a f2p because I spent my limited resources on mods a lot. I have almost 500 6 stars mods and 25 of them are 25+ secondary speed.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Usually I don’t hoard crystals. I spent them down to one day reserve Ie 1000, mostly on mods and gear for some key toons. So unless ugnaught become a GL requirement, it will stay at G8, lol. I think my mods are one of the best for a f2p because I spent my limited resources on mods a lot. I have almost 500 6 stars mods and 25 of them are 25+ secondary speed.

Yea, I don't like hoarding crystals because that means passing on cheap refills which will surely yield later needed gear. I don't do the crystal boosted expensive early character completions either.

Let's see about mods:

44j9vh3vrcsv.png

Looks gewd.

The amount of r8s you have disturbs me a li'l. While gearing so many toons, how did you have enough gear to r8 so many. I simply can't do it despite having too many r8 exclusive mats.

• I have 2 GLs, SEE and JML. I'm saving for JMK, more of a preference though than completion. Been playing since 2016. My guild's been suffering from many players coming and going so we're just hovering at 220m GP. Still trying to finish crancor
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    4 GLs. Just finished SEE few days ago. Close to 6m GP. Now farming Bo-Katan, Armorer and Dark Trooper.

16mh1xgjwkt8.jpg
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Yea, I don't like hoarding crystals because that means passing on cheap refills which will surely yield later needed gear. I don't do the crystal boosted expensive early character completions either.

Let's see about mods:

44j9vh3vrcsv.png

Looks gewd.

The amount of r8s you have disturbs me a li'l. While gearing so many toons, how did you have enough gear to r8 so many. I simply can't do it despite having too many r8 exclusive mats.

I can see you focus on mods too! As for R8, I do spent some crystals on cheap fleet refresh too. But maybe the following links explain some too as I merc a lot and rank high in raid.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/guild-raid-won/
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/guild-contribution/
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Let's see about mods:

44j9vh3vrcsv.png

Looks gewd.

I can see you focus on mods too! As for R8, I do spent some crystals on cheap fleet refresh too. But maybe the following links explain some too as I merc a lot and rank high in raid.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/guild-raid-won/
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/guild-contribution/

Oh wow, then it's almost not possible for another f2p to fully catch you. Figures. I've been playing since the beginning but that's all I can say. Small breaks. Hanging by a thread. No slkr and not enough time maximise everything, only optimise within life limitations.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    I have only 3 GLs. I'm 5 weeks from GLOW, but they'll announce Vader before then & I'll still need 2 GLs...

Fortunately aside from Signal Data I'm getting close on SEE even while I'm working on GLOW.

If I can keep SEE going as a side project, I might finish SEE & Vader at the same time, but there's always the chance that Bad Batch or something else will turn out to be necessary to relic but also not a GL requirement. That sort of detour could prevent me from finishing SEE at the same time as Vader.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Started last year in April for slkr now have two stars left on finalizer. Coincidentally I only have royal guard krennic piet thrawn and tie bomber left for eternal palps. Just got gas on alt acc. Same bounty hunter ships left for jkl.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    dlv1986 wrote: »
    Started last year in April for slkr now have two stars left on finalizer. Coincidentally I only have royal guard krennic piet thrawn and tie bomber left for eternal palps. Just got gas on alt acc. Same bounty hunter ships left for jkl.

And the other other worst necro of the week go to....
    But congratulations on your progress so far.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

What necro? This has always been an ongoing topic...as it's a progress topic. Anyways I'm done with jmk, ulti around the corner and triggerhappily waiting for Cat.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

What necro? This has always been an ongoing topic...as it's a progress topic. Anyways I'm done with jmk, ulti around the corner and triggerhappily waiting for Cat.

I see your point. Congratulations on your progress as well.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m seeing all you crazy f2p-ers having so many GLs and relic characters and so much GP. Does progress speed up dramatically when you’re getting number one both arenas like I assume you all are?
    Personally, I’m 1.7mil (top 10 fleet and top 500 squad arena) about to get GAS, and boy was that one hell of a grind. I mean, it tools months and months to do. Do y’all achieve milestones like that, and get g12/13 characters a lot easier than I do? I hope so, since I’d love to have a roster like yours one day.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I’m seeing all you crazy f2p-ers having so many GLs and relic characters and so much GP. Does progress speed up dramatically when you’re getting number one both arenas like I assume you all are?
    Personally, I’m 1.7mil (top 10 fleet and top 500 squad arena) about to get GAS, and boy was that one hell of a grind. I mean, it tools months and months to do. Do y’all achieve milestones like that, and get g12/13 characters a lot easier than I do? I hope so, since I’d love to have a roster like yours one day.

Yes, arena top is everything for speedy gonzales f2p. Years of arena top is equal to a relaxed whales (not arena climbing) prowess. 800-900 crystals a day. And once you are ahead, it's easier to keep ahead since there is much less chasing back catalogue. Though even if a new f2p establishes themselves at arena, it's also these years that keeps us ahead. I think most that are ahead are from the games first 2 years.
This discussion has been closed.