Galictic legend tickets

Deany123
88 posts Member
edited June 8
Anyone have any idea how much normal energy would be required to unlock a galatic legend on first day of release? Doesn't need to be an exact number... a rough estimate is fine
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Roughly ~7390 (7392) energy for unlock.

    You need 420 tickets, assuming no fails on any of the tiers, and tracking by Planet Coruscant indicates a 5.68% droprate/1 energy spent.

    If you want the ultimate too, it's another ~14784 energy, resulting in a total of ~22176 for unlock, ultimate + portrait and title.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2427 posts Member
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.
  • Deany123
    88 posts Member
    Thats perfect, thanks for the info
  • Iy4oy4s
    2427 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)
  • Konju
    1091 posts Member
    If the GL tix system is a compromise, I’d hate to see what CG would actually prefer.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.
    Did they share how the community voted?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2427 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But we didn’t see any changes with SEE and JML, and from the looks of it, nothing is going to change with JMK ( would love to be wrong). I would venture to say the a majority of people hate the ticket system in its current form, as I’m sure the survey pointed out, yet it hasn’t changed. Maybe that’s why there is no more surveys. We shall see on the 16th.
    Bottom line is that CG rarely cares about player feedback as evidenced by the ticket system.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)
    I would venture to say the a majority of people hate the ticket system in its current form, as I’m sure the survey pointed out, yet it hasn’t changed.
    The majority of players would probably also prefer to have every new meta handed to them, maxed out with zetas, without spending any gear or ability mats.

    It doesn't mean it would be a good thing to happen to the game.
  • TVF
    30084 posts Member
    Surveys are meant to take the temperature of respondents. There is nothing that says a survey has to lead to any changes.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But if nothing has changed since that survey then how is it a compromise?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But we didn’t see any changes with SEE and JML, and from the looks of it, nothing is going to change with JMK ( would love to be wrong). I would venture to say the a majority of people hate the ticket system in its current form, as I’m sure the survey pointed out, yet it hasn’t changed. Maybe that’s why there is no more surveys. We shall see on the 16th.
    Bottom line is that CG rarely cares about player feedback as evidenced by the ticket system.
    So… you’re guessing what the survey said?

    You’re cherry picking here, tbh, with the player feedback thing.

    They have recently responded positively to feedback offered in here on more than one occasion (Jolee going back on his hard node, nobody setting less teams / fleets than they were previously setting in GAC).

    The Devs not changing something you want changed is not the same thing as not caring about any feedback.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But if nothing has changed since that survey then how is it a compromise?
    “Can”, “most often”…
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    If the GL tix system is a compromise, I’d hate to see what CG would actually prefer.

    They are discussing changes, but not removing the system. The system we see is still the way jt is, this is not the compromise by any means, this is the original.
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But we didn’t see any changes with SEE and JML, and from the looks of it, nothing is going to change with JMK ( would love to be wrong). I would venture to say the a majority of people hate the ticket system in its current form, as I’m sure the survey pointed out, yet it hasn’t changed. Maybe that’s why there is no more surveys. We shall see on the 16th.
    Bottom line is that CG rarely cares about player feedback as evidenced by the ticket system.

    Correct there are no changes this round (i.e. - you will still need to earn tickets to play the event), but they are discussing changes. Things not changing at the pace you want doesnt mean what you say it means.
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But if nothing has changed since that survey then how is it a compromise?

    If nothing changes yet, does that mean change is not coming?

    If/when they make changes, they are still not going to get rid of the system, but they may make changes as a compromise.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But if nothing has changed since that survey then how is it a compromise?

    If nothing changes yet, does that mean change is not coming?

    If/when they make changes, they are still not going to get rid of the system, but they may make changes as a compromise.

    I was just confused because you followed up “Feedback can equal change” with “most often things are a compromise”, implying that we already got a compromise. You could have just said “Feedback can equal change but it won’t always equal change”. I don’t know why you brought in the idea of a compromise when we haven’t gotten one and may never get one

  • In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There’s still hope that they ditch the ticket system with these next two GL’s. The chance is very small, but still there.

    There is no chance of that, FYI. At least not for JMK. There were conversations about the system, but I cant speak directly to any changes we may see. It has nothing to do with tickets being needed to progress through the stages, they are here to stay.

    Good to know they listened to the community feedback in that survey they sent out after the first patch of GL’s. Also good to know not to waste my time on CG surveys.

    Feedback can = change, but not removal. Most often things are a compromise, and that will always leave both parties wanting more.(that's how you get to a fair compromise)

    But if nothing has changed since that survey then how is it a compromise?

    If nothing changes yet, does that mean change is not coming?

    If/when they make changes, they are still not going to get rid of the system, but they may make changes as a compromise.

    I was just confused because you followed up “Feedback can equal change” with “most often things are a compromise”, implying that we already got a compromise. You could have just said “Feedback can equal change but it won’t always equal change”. I don’t know why you brought in the idea of a compromise when we haven’t gotten one and may never get one

    can equal change, implies that it may happen, not that it has.

    And I was referring to the fact that it's not going away, so even if they make changes it will be changes within the system that would end up being a "compromise" because most that dont like it want it gone, not different.

    I cannot commit to make committal statements about what is going to happen, I can only raise points of what they are aware of and what they are discussing, even if by some chance I knew more, it is not my place to say, that is why I brought this into the conversation.

    Players and the person I responded too, dont want change, they want it gone. (Yes that is a form of change but not what they stated they were looking for)
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times

    All of this has been recieved by the team.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times

    All of this has been recieved by the team.

    I hope they finally get around to doing something about it aside from just discussing it. I get that they have a lot on their plate, I really do. But come on, it's been more than a year since the first GLs came out. They've had plenty of time to discuss it, and I just can't accept something like "they've received the feedback and are discussing changes" as an excuse for inaction anymore
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times

    All of this has been recieved by the team.

    I hope they finally get around to doing something about it aside from just discussing it. I get that they have a lot on their plate, I really do. But come on, it's been more than a year since the first GLs came out. They've had plenty of time to discuss it, and I just can't accept something like "they've received the feedback and are discussing changes" as an excuse for inaction anymore

    That's not really the way development works, things get added to an ongoing and ever changing list. Sure things can move up and down due to priority and stuff like that, but they are also grouped and acted on based on similarities or areas they effect.

    It's not like they have been discussing this since then and are just now considering changes. This is the start of the conversation.
  • In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times

    This is my concern. If I had to farm the tickets and then use those to unlock the tier but then could attempt as many times as I want. Sounds great. I can then tinker and try over and over without fear of needing additional tickets.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    In any case I would be ok if they didn't remove tickets completely. What I'm not ok with is that the game goes through occasional periods of increased crashing/softlocking, and players can lose almost two days worth of farming tickets through no fault of their own just because the game softlocked before the combat even started. I'm also not ok with how the ticket system as is basically incentivizes us to find guides and do exactly as they say instead of figuring out how to do the event ourselves. I would love to play around and try to figure out a solution myself. But why would I if it could mean setting my progress back by several days if I lose? And by the time I'm completely done the event and no longer need to use tickets to play the tiers, I have zero drive to do so because they've already made us play each tier multiple times

    All of this has been recieved by the team.

    I hope they finally get around to doing something about it aside from just discussing it. I get that they have a lot on their plate, I really do. But come on, it's been more than a year since the first GLs came out. They've had plenty of time to discuss it, and I just can't accept something like "they've received the feedback and are discussing changes" as an excuse for inaction anymore

    It's not like they have been discussing this since then and are just now considering changes. This is the start of the conversation.

    Really? Explain why you said this back in November then.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2190682/#Comment_2190682

    If the conversation is just starting now then how did you know 7 months ago that tickets only being consumed on a win would be in line with what they seem to want? And if it's what they want, why would they not do literally anything to change it for the next GL release?

    You even acknowledged that there's a way to keep the timeframe imposed by the ticket system without punishing the playerbase.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2189772#Comment_2189772

    So what am I supposed to think? Right now it looks like they've been sitting for 7 months, if not more, on the feedback we've been giving, knowing full well that changes probably should be made, without actually doing anything about it. Sorry but I don't believe for a second that this is the start of the conversation.
  • Kyno
    30532 posts Moderator
    Because I know the reason for the design and the intent from the implementation, as we discussed it when that first came up as a thing. That has not changed, hence why conversations happening now are not about removal of the system, but changes within, if they make any changes.

    Correct I acknowledged that because that seems to be a valid compromise, and are noted by people like Crumb and Doja as something they will bring up when the conversation does happen.

    You can think what you want, but yes, a non game breaking issue is not going to get priority to be pushed ahead of work that is on going and not related. At that time things like GCs and Conquest were "in action" for development, so GL tickets and many other things were added behind that in the queue. So yes "sitting on feedback", is a normal thing as discussing or even making a plan for that doesnt change the fact that it will not be actively worked on for a period of time, not to mention bandwidth of the people at work may not be enough to even plan that while other things are going on.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2427 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Because I know the reason for the design and the intent from the implementation, as we discussed it when that first came up as a thing. That has not changed, hence why conversations happening now are not about removal of the system, but changes within, if they make any changes.

    Correct I acknowledged that because that seems to be a valid compromise, and are noted by people like Crumb and Doja as something they will bring up when the conversation does happen.

    You can think what you want, but yes, a non game breaking issue is not going to get priority to be pushed ahead of work that is on going and not related. At that time things like GCs and Conquest were "in action" for development, so GL tickets and many other things were added behind that in the queue. So yes "sitting on feedback", is a normal thing as discussing or even making a plan for that doesnt change the fact that it will not be actively worked on for a period of time, not to mention bandwidth of the people at work may not be enough to even plan that while other things are going on.

    Something that was important enough to warrant a survey keeps getting pushed back? Seems like a little mismanagement is going on. Wish we had some community managers that would shed some light on the subject....or maybe a way we could get questions answered, much like a Q&A. Remember those?
Sign In or Register to comment.