Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Durandal wrote: »
    What make Anakin/after Order 66 more powerful than Darth Vader ( Armored) to deserve a GL Title?!
    A Fandom ?!
    Please make a Yoda Jump frog also a GL.

We have Vader in the Suit. Vader deserves the GL title, no one is saying he doesn't. GLs have been seemingly previously paired by faction. Vader is empire, which would not be the direct pair to GR. If they stick with the seeming focus on faction pairing, GR will be paired with Separatist, making Vader not a possibility. Later we would see Vader as an Empire GL paired with a Rebel GL.

Also, Vader is Vader, no suit or with suit.
  • GL Maul. #teamMaul :)
  • Anakin that switched to Vader for the ultimate would be awesome!
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    What make Anakin/after Order 66 more powerful than Darth Vader ( Armored) to deserve a GL Title?!
    A Fandom ?!

We are done here.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A Fandom ?!

We are done here.

I know the truth can be hard to accept at times, but it's true, he was dubbed Vader as the title when he became a Sith apprentice and he didnt have a suit at that time. Before that he was Anakin Skywalker.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    A Fandom ?!
    Vader deserves the GL title. Vader is empire. Later we would see Vader as an Empire GL paired with a Rebel GL.

Wasnt Vader, Bane, Exar Kun, Pall, And many others, Get the Title " Dark Lord of Sith "?!
    Wasnt Vader, possible GL, one of them?!
  • The light side GL is Obi Wan. From what the developers said this Obi Wan is based out of his appearance in Episode 3. Let’s narrow it down to a GL also from Episode 3 that’s a bad guy. Another GL Palpatine is pretty much out of the question, Dooku died within the first half hour, Grevious is unlikely. That leaves Vader, from the moment he is given his new name in Palpatine’s office.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Vader deserves the GL title. Vader is empire. Later we would see Vader as an Empire GL paired with a Rebel GL.

Wasnt Vader, Bane, Exar Kun, Pall, And many others, Get the Title " Dark Lord of Sith "?!
    Wasnt Vader, possible GL, one of them?!

I'm not sure of your point here, but my point is that, these 2 references are the same person and his name is Darth Vader. He stops being Anakin when he becomes a Sith apprentice and takes the name of Darth Vader.
    A Fandom ?!

Since they are the same person, they both deserve the title, but we already have a Vader in suit and Vader in suit is not the one that faces off agaisnt the JMK. If they are going to pair on the character and not the faction, we would see Vader without the suit.

Also as I believe it is described in lore, between the pain and loss of his limbs he is not as powerful once hes in the suit. But maybe I am misremembering that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Anakin that switched to Vader for the ultimate would be awesome!

Pre-fall Anakin is GAS and after the fall he is already Vader. I don't think his ultimate will include a transformation.
  • if it's Lord Vader GL, his Ultimate could be his transformation from Anakin to Lord Vader (suit or no suit, maybe the yellow eyes and angry face?) but either way, like @Kyno said, previously it was faction base for the opposing GLs, so it's gonna interested how this all turns out.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    JMK still calls him Anakin on Mustafar. ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    if it's Lord Vader GL, his Ultimate could be his transformation from Anakin to Lord Vader (suit or no suit, maybe the yellow eyes and angry face?) but either way, like @Kyno said, previously it was faction base for the opposing GLs, so it's gonna interested how this all turns out.

Previously it was both faction based and personal. Now it is one or the other.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    if it's Lord Vader GL, his Ultimate could be his transformation from Anakin to Lord Vader (suit or no suit, maybe the yellow eyes and angry face?) but either way, like @Kyno said, previously it was faction base for the opposing GLs, so it's gonna interested how this all turns out.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    I'd prefer another Vader rather than another GG
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    if it's Lord Vader GL, his Ultimate could be his transformation from Anakin to Lord Vader (suit or no suit, maybe the yellow eyes and angry face?) but either way, like Kyno said, previously it was faction base for the opposing GLs, so it's gonna interested how this all turns out.

Is it though?

Previously factions seemingly took priority, because ya know, JML and SEE never faced each other in those forms.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Per scene or, ~ 1/3 of the movie, give or take....
    I'm sort of with the other guy here, I honestly don't need a GL of a character based on a specific 24 hours of his life.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    3 Kylos, all dark side, would like a word.

Don’t forget it’s like Barbie dolls: one dress or one accessory or one scar and it’s fair game.

Yeah and 5 Han's, but, just because it exists doesn't mean its a GOOD idea, lol.

You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    JKA is Valentine Anakin from Ep2 (Padme synergy)
    GAS is Army Anakin from Clone Wars (501st synergy)
    There is room for Psycho Anakin from Ep3 who solo Separatists and Jedis alike.

Give a backpack to someone and suddenly he’s Chewpio, a brand new character. The same character may have multiple action figures with slight differences. Star Wars taught us that extremely well already.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm sort of with the other guy here, I honestly don't need a GL of a character based on a specific 24 hours of his life.

Unless they break with what we have seen, if we want Vader in this situation, it would be before his suit.

I'm not trying to say he needs to be no suit to give us Vader. Personally I believe we need a GL Vader and in my head he is in the suit.

That just doesnt fit in this situation.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

And yet we have Threepio & Chewie. We have plenty of characters that arent even around very long.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Yeah I'm guessing the next GL is going to be titled "Lord Vader" after reading the developer insight. They usually always have said Anakin when talking about things, that's the first time I've seen them use that wording. Also, the end of it talks about how the next one will be JMK's counterpart.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    if it's Lord Vader GL, his Ultimate could be his transformation from Anakin to Lord Vader (suit or no suit, maybe the yellow eyes and angry face?) but either way, like Kyno said, previously it was faction base for the opposing GLs, so it's gonna interested how this all turns out.

Is it though?

Previously factions seemingly took priority, because ya know, JML and SEE never faced each other in those forms.

They were pretty much opposing forces (even though it wasn't decided yet when Luke was around, aren't retcons fun?), the big good and the big bad, and their history was extremely intertwined. Luke was the mythical hero who gives hope to the next generation, Palpatine was the mythical villain who takes hope away. Besides, Rey can't hog all the bad guys for herself.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    I think that the fact that Kenobi doesn't require any version of Anakin is proof enough that we are getting GL Vader.

But I guess we will see.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member

Unless they break with what we have seen, if we want Vader in this situation, it would be before his suit.

I'm not trying to say he needs to be no suit to give us Vader. Personally I believe we need a GL Vader and in my head he is in the suit.

If thers a Vader GL, that gonna take in a Suit.
    Definitely.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Definitely.

We already have Vader in suit. We don't have pre suit Vader.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »

Definitely.

Pre suit Vader is ALL Anakin.
  • What if Fallen Anakin’s ult ability just turned him into the crispy boy he was on Mustafar with no legs and just one arm?
  • Durandal wrote: »

Did you watch Episode 3? ... Anakin turned to Vader in Palpatine’s office before the rampage at the Temple and on Mustafar.

• Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »

Definitely.

No, he is not. Anakin became Vader when Palpatine gave him the title. That is a fact and canon. You not liking it won't change it.
  • Maybe he doesn’t know Anakin turned to the darkside:) Nobody else besides Fallen Anakin/ lord Vader makes sense at this point