Kit Reveal: Jedi Master Kenobi

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Can't wait to get him and play with him!

Super fun kit, and I was worried about his kit being limited and not as flexible like JML / SEE

but my worries are gone now
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Throbn wrote: »
    before ultra!

Not if I delete every post before this one!

:p
  • Do you have any forecast date when they will announce the GL dark side? I'm saving all my resources for the last few months waiting for Lord Vader from ep 3, but if it takes 3, 4 months or more to announce it, I'll invest in master kenobi
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Time to do the math on the Mastery stacking to see if he could solo HSTR. Thinking Rex might be good. Form Up deals no damage, so while they can't gain the tm, you'd only be giving the boss 5% tm from Kenobi's assist instead of 10% from the assist and Rex's basic which wouldn't add much damage. Also, Kenobi can reset AA's cooldown.
  • Animations are hugely disappointing
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Throbn wrote: »
    before ultra!

Not if I delete every post before this one!

:p

Why did you change your avatar pic?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Why did you change your avatar pic?

And you became a moderator...... @Ultra
  • TuviaDawg
    180 posts Member
    High ground!
  • Animations are hugely disappointing

Not in my opinion
  • He looks amazing. Seems like he’ll be really versatile, and be overall a crazy good character. Wish I could get him sometime, but with the relic 8 and Wat requirements, it’s not going to happen, at least for a long time. Well, I’ll just settle for watching others have fun with him. Maybe one day.
  • he will make CUP brutal
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    Does the protection up stack? Or does the new protection up override the old one?

For example if you still have the 75% protection up from the start of battle. JMK gets his ultimate and uses it and gives protection up again. Will it stack and you have 75% protection + 20% or 60% protection up? Or will the ultimate protection up over ride the old protection up?
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Protection Up from two different sources / two different abilities nearly always stacks. Maybe not even nearly, and just always.

So most likely, yes, they stack with each other. Two consecutive uses of the Ult probably wouldn’t stack, though.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI So after reading some more through his kit, his mastery increases seem to be all about CURRENT Mastery, meaning Mastery at the moment of the Abilitys use. But if they have negative Mastery from SLKR's Siphon, will GLK's allies end up giving negative mastery, aka reducing ally mastery, or will they just give 0 Mastery increase?
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    Looks very powerful :o
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Time to do the math on the Mastery stacking to see if he could solo HSTR. Thinking Rex might be good. Form Up deals no damage, so while they can't gain the tm, you'd only be giving the boss 5% tm from Kenobi's assist instead of 10% from the assist and Rex's basic which wouldn't add much damage. Also, Kenobi can reset AA's cooldown.

I was also thinking about that. I think kenobi, GAS, rex, tech and maybe CAT or echo (because assists will help the ult charge) will do very well. He also gives double defense penetration to jedi against sith, so GAS will deal insane damage
    Post edited by Sanderzas on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    So after reading some more through his kit, his mastery increases seem to be all about CURRENT Mastery, meaning Mastery at the moment of the Abilitys use. But if they have negative Mastery from SLKR's Siphon, will GLK's allies end up giving negative mastery, aka reducing ally mastery, or will they just give 0 Mastery increase?

Didn't consider this, other than SLKR, if future GLs impact mastery of the team, this information is good to know

Also, it might change up on how we approach the challenge rancor raid with Kenobi
  • No “so uncivilized”
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Sanderzas wrote: »

I was also thinking about that. I think kenobi, GAS, rex, tech and maybe CAT or echo (because assists will help the ult charge) will do very well. He also gives double defense penetration to jedi against sith, so GAs will deal insane damage

3PO is also an option besides Tech I think.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited June 2021

I was also thinking about that. I think kenobi, GAS, rex, tech and maybe CAT or echo (because assists will help the ult charge) will do very well. He also gives double defense penetration to jedi against sith, so GAs will deal insane damage

he's an option, but tech is a clone which would charge AA faster. So I think tech will be much better
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    He looks amazing. Seems like he’ll be really versatile, and be overall a crazy good character. Wish I could get him sometime, but with the relic 8 and Wat requirements, it’s not going to happen, at least for a long time. Well, I’ll just settle for watching others have fun with him. Maybe one day.

Ha, that's how I felt when the GK version of Kenobi dropped. I was a new player and also not in a guild that was anywhere near tank raid. Even in the better guild I switched to, it took us months to finally hammer that thing out (mainly because we only had 5-10 people really trying and 40 slackers). You will get there eventually. Make sure your guild is working on bugs. They are an all around help oon that TB, not just for Wat.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

he's an option, but tech is a clone which would charge AA faster. So I think tech will be much better

I agree on that point if you have Tech farmed and geared. However, he can't give Translation to non-clone allies, and he has no abilities that can target Kenobi to increase Mastery. 3PO would do both for that team, plus between him and Kenobi you will just increase Protection Up and defense penetration.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member

I agree on that point if you have Tech farmed and geared. However, he can't give Translation to non-clone allies, and he has no abilities that can target Kenobi to increase Mastery. 3PO would do both for that team, plus between him and Kenobi you will just increase Protection Up and defense penetration.

I'm not that familiar with tech's kit, I thought he could give translation to anyone, but apparently not. Probably someone will find the best team, and I'm quite sure it will envolve tech or 3PO, but after reading tech's kit a bit more I'm not so sure now who I'd pick
  • Sanderzas wrote: »

I'm not that familiar with tech's kit, I thought he could give translation to anyone, but apparently not. Probably someone will find the best team, and I'm quite sure it will envolve tech or 3PO, but after reading tech's kit a bit more I'm not so sure now who I'd pick

Tech only gives translation to clone troopers. 3PO it is.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member

Tech only gives translation to clone troopers. 3PO it is.

Tech has the benefit that he counts for the charge of AA, so I guess it will have to be tested
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb_MINI So after reading some more through his kit, his mastery increases seem to be all about CURRENT Mastery, meaning Mastery at the moment of the Abilitys use. But if they have negative Mastery from SLKR's Siphon, will GLK's allies end up giving negative mastery, aka reducing ally mastery, or will they just give 0 Mastery increase?
    Ultra wrote: »
    So after reading some more through his kit, his mastery increases seem to be all about CURRENT Mastery, meaning Mastery at the moment of the Abilitys use. But if they have negative Mastery from SLKR's Siphon, will GLK's allies end up giving negative mastery, aka reducing ally mastery, or will they just give 0 Mastery increase?

Didn't consider this, other than SLKR, if future GLs impact mastery of the team, this information is good to know

Also, it might change up on how we approach the challenge rancor raid with Kenobi

He doesnt lower GL mastery
    t52sto88ddu7.jpg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    He lowers others, and so does the Rancor

From JMK's unique:
    When another Light Side ally targets Jedi Master Kenobi with an ability, dispel all debuffs on him and he gains Mastery (stacking) equal to 10% of their current Mastery for the rest of the encounter

So if I have a toon with negative mastery through either SLKR siphon or Rancor, does he lose mastery?

My understanding is that if JKL is at -50 mastery, and does Jedi's Will and targets JMK, he will lose 5 mastery
  • Ultra wrote: »
    He lowers others, and so does the Rancor

From JMK's unique:
    When another Light Side ally targets Jedi Master Kenobi with an ability, dispel all debuffs on him and he gains Mastery (stacking) equal to 10% of their current Mastery for the rest of the encounter

So if I have a toon with negative mastery through either SLKR siphon or Rancor, does he lose mastery?

My understanding is that if JKL is at -50 mastery, and does Jedi's Will and targets JMK, he will lose 5 mastery

This. Kenobi gets current mastery from his allies based on their mastery and he gives allies mastery based on his current mastery. you can reduce his allies' mastery, and if they are negative, do they reduce kenobi's mastery by a % of the negative mastery or do they just give 0 mastery?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Ultra a moderator now...so first post on each kit reveal.
    This is outrageous, it's unfair.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ultra a moderator now...so first post on each kit reveal.
    This is outrageous, it's unfair.
    The competition was too fierce, I couldn't keep up

Modern problems require modern solutions