98aq2k8hcs3i.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Im on my way.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Has it been hoax proofed ? I’ve seen only the one source twice, and there are no date.

Sorry to be that guy… but sometimes even if it’s not a hoax it’s old news, the worst already happened and it doesn’t always help families to be reminded of a tragedy over and over.
  • Kahnwolf
    11 posts Member
    I've heard from a few different sources that yes it is true. Crumb has even changed his forum name.
  • Please make an in-game Wookiee NPC named MINI to be a tutorial for the next event!
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    Make name changes free!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vengence wrote: »
    Make name changes free!!

Let's not make this about anything other than what it should be about, the community showing love and support for a fellow player.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    98aq2k8hcs3i.jpg

What is his in-game portrait and title?
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I had noticed Crumb changed his forum name and wondered why. I'm gonna change my in game name and I hope CG matches my "donation"!

I'm praying for this young man and his family.

Post edited by el_mago on
  • There's a petition going around to ask CG to donate the amount of crystals spent on name changes to a cancer charity. Nice little act of goodwill http://chng.it/ySpbRLV4KL
  • There's quite a few players on both my arena and ship ladders, that have changed their account names. Cancer is hideous. Godspeed to You and your Grandfather Mini.
  • There's a petition going around to ask CG to donate the amount of crystals spent on name changes to a cancer charity. Nice little act of goodwill http://chng.it/ySpbRLV4KL

That would be incredible.
  • Someone in the swgoh community is dying of cancer and as a tribute and a present many people are changing there swgohh name to MINI [name]
    c1qy18hxqcsp.png
    6edm867qllzq.png
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Hey everyone, I’m sure many have heard already, but we have a member of our community who is battling terminal cancer right now; MINISNOWALKER. Many are changing their name to honor him and let him know that he is not alone in this fight. If you are one of those who have changed their in game name or even their name on the forums, please post ****’s of the change in game or just some kind words for him.

May the force be with you Mini, we are all with you. tavcc8x19zh0.png
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Vengence wrote: »
    Make name changes free!!

Wow dude...wow...you should be flogged
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    There's a petition going around to ask CG to donate the amount of crystals spent on name changes to a cancer charity. Nice little act of goodwill http://chng.it/ySpbRLV4KL

I’m incredibly beyond on board with this rather than like some complaining on this thread...ahem...dishonor vengence....200 crystals is a most worth donation to finally cast cancer into the fires of Mustafar!

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is there any way you can get CG to make this donation happen?
  • JeyLucki7
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This was se by one of our Guilds, from a different Guild, some of us have done so in ours as have some other guilds, if you feel like supporting it would mean a great deal to surprise him. If you can share in your guilds chat, or Discord, it could spread more Thanks.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MINI, DEATHBLADES GUILD

elzlfrfky51m.jpeg

mml65orptiqu.png

Post edited by JeyLucki7 on
  • JeyLucki7
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This was se by one of our Guilds, from a different Guild, some of us have done so in ours as have some other guilds, if you feel like supporting it would mean a great deal to surprise him. If you can share in your guilds chat, or Discord, it could spread more Thanks.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MINI, DEATHBLADES GUILD

elzlfrfky51m.jpeg

0613dzbhoy27.png

Post edited by JeyLucki7 on
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Several players on both my arena and ship shards have also changed. This is great that we are coming together to show support for this young man. We all surely know someone who has had to face this struggle. My gf recently lost someone close to her to this hideous disease, so i pray for this young man and his family. STAY STRONG MINI!!!

b85gl4j17aw0.png
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    x9lcnlyk4pxr.png
    May the force be with you MINI,
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    There's a petition going around to ask CG to donate the amount of crystals spent on name changes to a cancer charity. Nice little act of goodwill http://chng.it/ySpbRLV4KL

I’m incredibly beyond on board with this rather than like some complaining on this thread...ahem...dishonor vengence....200 crystals is a most worth donation to finally cast cancer into the fires of Mustafar!

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is there any way you can get CG to make this donation happen?

This is a truly neat idea. I did my name change and donated to a cancer charity myself.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    MTFBWY

tvz0uyqz8pw7.png
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    I’ve changed my in game name, is it possible to do with name on forum?
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Maybe @kyno or @dojafett can answer this?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Maybe kyno or dojafett can answer this?

[Next time to tag the dev Doja, use CG_Doja_Fett]

No you cannot change your Forum name.
  • e9m29a9wpvhq.jpg

I and a bunch of my alliance mates have already done this to honor MINI, and I see it's spread like wildfire to my fleet and arena shards. Let's keep spreading the love in honor of MINI!

As others have said we all know someone who's battled cancer, so I'm honored to show support for one of our own SWGOH fanatics. Gotta love this community of players! One love to you all! 🤘
  • Look at how many in the top 25 have already changed I hope mini checks it out in the game. I hope he knows we are here with him, many have said that name changes should be free, no one is saying you don’t support him because you don’t change your name, it is a sacrifice, we are spending money on crystals to change our name, or we are using our crystals to show support, like when a friend loses their hair with cancer treatment, and a whole team goes out and shaves their head with them. Let’s just focus on Mini, if you can’t change your name then show love to him here, post on Facebook or where ever share to other members who might, that will help just as much as changing your name.

3ai8d131ekho.png
  • Mini may the force be with you and everyone thank you for supporting the fight against cancer. C.G. as mentioned above first off give mini a portrait or something and second the amount of crystals spent should be donated to cancer research.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    m269l9aakfr0.jpg
  • 1hna0pyb4djf.jpeg

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Has it been hoax proofed ? I’ve seen only the one source twice, and there are no date.

Sorry to be that guy… but sometimes even if it’s not a hoax it’s old news, the worst already happened and it doesn’t always help families to be reminded of a tragedy over and over.

From a recent message on the board, people (including CG staff) has been in touch with the family and it respects their wishes. So if other like me were concerned, this is not a hoax nor something that reappears.