Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Probably we'll know by June 16th, why?
    Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

I didn't know JML's GL counterpart was SLK.
  • Would be great if he activates his ultimate when “dying” the first time. Then he could become Dart Vader!
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    I was desperate for the next GL to not be the stupid Fail Version of Lord Vader. 20 mins of screen-time, and only gets dunked on by Kenobi.

Weeeee....

However, the developers insights made it clear that the worst possible version of Vader for a GL will be the GL for vader. Its a bloody shame.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Durandal wrote: »
    Doesnt we already have ALL Anakin/Vader forms?!
    Lord Vader = Darth Vader

Darth = Sith Tittle
    Lord = Your Majesty

Stop that Damm GL Theory.

No we doesn't.

Darth Vader before his fight with Kenobi on Mustafar is the one people really want here.

No. That version of Vader completely sucks as a GL. Hes a Legendary at best. Lord Vader more like Utter Fail-der
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    A new GG makes more sense than Crispy Anakin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

Besides, no one forces you guys to farm him. You have 5 other options.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I don’t mind what they would call him. Lord Vader, Vader, Darth Vader (non injured), Anakin Skywalker (fallen). He would be a great addition to the game. Not as a Sith or Separatist, but as the one who built the Empire by destroying the Jedi and separatists.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

... and SEE/JML were the 'final forms' of their characters.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    JMK Pair is Admiral Trench for SWGOH.
    Lord/Darth Vader maybe solo GL, thers no a pair for him other than Luke.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »

... and SEE/JML were the 'final forms' of their characters.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.
    Durandal wrote: »
    JMK Pair is Admiral Trench for SWGOH.
    Lord/Darth Vader maybe solo GL, thers no a pair for him other than Luke.

Umm okay. Vader will most likely be JMKs dark side counterpart.
  • Hello there everyone, this post is because I see that there are still people who doubt that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend and here I will leave you the evidence that CG has left us over the last two months that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend

Let's start with the most current, the clues left in Developer Insights: Jedi Master Kenobi and in JMK's own kit

Worthy of both the Jedi Master and Galactic Legend titles, if you're not excited for this version of Obi-Wan, "then, you are lost!"

I Will Do What I Must pays homage to the duel between him and "Lord Vader" on Mustafar.

While we only released 1 Galactic Legend this time, "Jedi Master Kenobi will get his Dark Side counterpart" in the future. Stay tuned to the forums!

and finally the clue that they left us in the JMK kit more exactly in it's ultimate which is called "it's over" what gives it the buff called "high ground"

and now the clues that CG left us from before, the improvement of the anakin model, the description of the JMK event, that no requirement of kenobi ask for an anakin

all those clues CG has left us to let us know that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend and if you respond with the typical phrase of "there is already a darth vader in the game or anakin was sith 5 minutes before he burned and became darth vader" then following your logic Threepio & Chewie should not exist since it is only the combination of 2 characters and it appeared less than 5 minutes or Stormtrooper Han which is only a Han Solo costume

Very well said that I say goodbye and I hope this post clarifies your doubts about why Lord Vader is the next galactic legend if not "then you are lost" bye
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Your evidence is all just stuff from Kenobi's actions in the movies. Yes they mostly had to do with anakin, but what else could they use to flavor it as Kenobi?

The main evidence I see in his kit is from his lead: "Jedi allies' Armor Penetration is doubled when targeting a Sith enemy. Enemies and allies are immune to Turn Meter manipulation (excludes raid bosses)."

So he's aligned against sith, not Separatists. That eliminates a lot of possibilities from that movie. Not sure a metal legs Maul would be considered sith anymore so maybe eliminates him as well. Doesn't Maul take on Savage as apprentice briefly? Maybe he is sith.

Anakin was not a requirement, so that's a plus for him as next GL, but neither was Maul, so that balances that out.

I still don't see it as clear cut, but Lord Vader does seem the most likely.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Hello there everyone, this post is because I see that there are still people who doubt that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend and here I will leave you the evidence that CG has left us over the last two months that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend

Let's start with the most current, the clues left in Developer Insights: Jedi Master Kenobi and in JMK's own kit

Worthy of both the Jedi Master and Galactic Legend titles, if you're not excited for this version of Obi-Wan, "then, you are lost!"

I Will Do What I Must pays homage to the duel between him and "Lord Vader" on Mustafar.

While we only released 1 Galactic Legend this time, "Jedi Master Kenobi will get his Dark Side counterpart" in the future. Stay tuned to the forums!

and finally the clue that they left us in the JMK kit more exactly in it's ultimate which is called "it's over" what gives it the buff called "high ground"

and now the clues that CG left us from before, the improvement of the anakin model, the description of the JMK event, that no requirement of kenobi ask for an anakin

all those clues CG has left us to let us know that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend and if you respond with the typical phrase of "there is already a darth vader in the game or anakin was sith 5 minutes before he burned and became darth vader" then following your logic Threepio & Chewie should not exist since it is only the combination of 2 characters and it appeared less than 5 minutes or Stormtrooper Han which is only a Han Solo costume

Very well said that I say goodbye and I hope this post clarifies your doubts about why Lord Vader is the next galactic legend if not "then you are lost" bye

I hope so, I’m waiting for an opportunity to r8 gas. Unfortunately that means I should be prepared to r8 Sidious too.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Everything points to DV except for all the Separatist guys.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hello there everyone, this post is because I see that there are still people who doubt that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend and here I will leave you the evidence that CG has left us over the last two months that Lord Vader is the next galactic legend

You literally named all the fan-favorite memes that CG put into his kit, in order to please fans as indicated in the post, as evidence while ignoring their statement that it was to please the fans. Interesting take.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6
  • after updating the game, the prompt to take you to StarWars.com for GLOW's kit and insights show the background of his fight with GG...

COINCIDENCE!? I THINK NOT!!

😁
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    after updating the game, the prompt to take you to StarWars.com for GLOW's kit and insights show the background of his fight with GG...

😁

Except they already stated JMK will have a tier for his duel with Grievous, one for clearing the Jedi Temple with Yoda, and the third being the duel against Anakin.
    It's Lord Vader/Anakin Fallen guaranteed.
    The super majority of the community have been asking for these two since JKR.
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    after updating the game, the prompt to take you to StarWars.com for GLOW's kit and insights show the background of his fight with GG...

😁

Except they already stated JMK will have a tier for his duel with Grievous, one for clearing the Jedi Temple with Yoda, and the third being the duel against Anakin.
    It's Lord Vader/Anakin Fallen guaranteed.
    The super majority of the community have been asking for these two since JKR.

the smiley face was a clue... I am teasing..

relax... it's highly unlikely it's anybody but Lord Vader now but guaranteed? not yet...
  • Darth Tyranus as a Seprstist GL. I know Anakin is the obvious choice, but he wasn't a Sep nor really commanding the Empire in the non-Armored snippet of time that would be an ROTS Lord Vader, nor was he a leader of the Sith. While Vader makes sense thematically factionwise he is a little convoluted. Granted tags can be whatever because they are only for balance. As far a kit Tyranus can change forms, spread fear and deception, provide strong anti GR synergy with buff immunity to prevent courage stacks or something like that.

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    colter92 wrote: »
    Darth Tyranus as a Seprstist GL. I know Anakin is the obvious choice, but he wasn't a Sep nor really commanding the Empire in the non-Armored snippet of time that would be an ROTS Lord Vader, nor was he a leader of the Sith. While Vader makes sense thematically factionwise he is a little convoluted. Granted tags can be whatever because they are only for balance. As far a kit Tyranus can change forms, spread fear and deception, provide strong anti GR synergy with buff immunity to prevent courage stacks or something like that.

how would be look different from the dooku we already have though?
  • If they make the new Anakin empire focused that would be pretty sweet, I’m sure we will get new Imperials from Bad Batch as well at some point.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6

Starslayer wrote: »

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

My bad on recalling the "GL Counterpart"

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

Who cares that he isn't a Separatist. He will obviously be a Empire GL. There is no binding mandate that they have to pick a Sep GL. The Seps are important for like the first half hour of the movie.

Dooku and GG are not core characters and they have no different stages to base a new character off, let alone a GL.
    Look at the previous GL's. Palps, Luke, Rey, Kylo, Kenobi. Doesn't make sense to throw some secondary villains in that mix right now.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Goavs506 wrote: »

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Who cares that he isn't a Separatist. He will obviously be a Empire GL. There is no binding mandate that they have to pick a Sep GL. The Seps are important for like the first half hour of the movie.

Dooku and GG are not core characters and they have no different stages to base a new character off, let alone a GL.
    Look at the previous GL's. Palps, Luke, Rey, Kylo, Kenobi. Doesn't make sense to throw some secondary villains in that mix right now.

Dooku and GG isn’t secondary villains. Wide your scopes to the content outside the movies.

Dooku and GG have a big involvement in the Clone Wars series.

Anyway, I don’t think it will be them as the next GL. It’s obviously Anakin.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I do think that in one of his most notable dark side moment; he killed a lot of Tuskens. That was Vader’s first real slip to the darkside. I totally believe Relic Tuskens are going to be needed, and two more will be added. Marquee ones as well for the Dolla
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    My question is, when was Anakin fallen? He had many dark moments in the CW series. Killing Trench, Interrogations and the beheading of Dooku. He was falling since the sand people incident. So in theory he could have 2 names Fallen Anakin/Lord Vader.