negotiator interactions

Wookieflyer
31 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hello folks,

I'm facing a regular issue when fighting Negotiator fleets which I cannot get my head around and would welcome any insight from other players. I do not believe it's related to the negotiator bug that I've seen in other threads but feel free to correct me if it is. I've also read the kits in details and cannot understand which interaction I'm missing.

My main fleet is Malevo with 3 tanks opening (hyena, HT, Sun Fac) and back-up are usually Geo Spy, Vulture, Vader.

Usual scenario unfolds as follows:
1. Tanks soak up the usual high damage from the enemy opening, including Negotiator's Dazing AOE.
2. Malevo cleanses the Daze on a tank (usually Hyena) summoning a Vulture and then Hyena places Buzz droids on all enemy ships. In the meantime, I start working on Anakin if I'm not stuck behind a taunt, so that I can remove his unending loyalty before my spy comes in.
3. First enemy reinfo comes in, which is usually Ashoka, another tank or the falcon.
4. I bring my Geo Spy and apply the taunt debuff on Ani, or another ship in there.

This is where it gets weird (around 50% of the time), and I cannot explain what's going on. If I start to attack the enemy which the spy targeted with its taunt, that enemy often "ignores" all the damage from the spy and assists. It seems to only go down with the vulture assists on buzz droids, but the mass assist from Geo Spy seems to have no effect.
Therefore, I have to hit them with each of my unit's turn, where I usually get caught by GK's unending loyalty or Plo Koon's reinfo, and I'm stuck behind tanks again with little way to cause heavy damage.

I cannot understand why the spy's attack and mass assist is regularly ignored. Is there something which can prevent the damage on the enemy's side and I'd have missed it?

Thanks for the insights

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Is it possible for you to provide a video of this interaction? Nothing should prevent enemy units from taking damage in the lineup provided

It does sound like its a bug, from what you described, and its better to submit a bug report so that it gets looked at
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    This is a known bug with Unending Loyalty. Supposedly CG is working on it, but it's been over a year, so I kind of doubt it.

Basically, if Unending Loyalty is applied when a unit is already at 1% hp that unit becomes invincible until Unending Loyalty wears off. It can happen to any GR unit, not just JKA.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    This is a known bug with Unending Loyalty. Supposedly CG is working on it, but it's been over a year, so I kind of doubt it.

Basically, if Unending Loyalty is applied when a unit is already at 1% hp that unit becomes invincible until Unending Loyalty wears off. It can happen to any GR unit, not just JKA.

OP says it might be unrelated since they do take damage, but only from debuffs such as buzz droids or DOT, so i think its unrelated to the unending loyalty bug we are familiar with
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Is it possible for you to provide a video of this interaction? Nothing should prevent enemy units from taking damage in the lineup provided

I will try and think to hit record tomorrow for each attempt. I suspect its something I'm missing and would like to find out.

Thx both !
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I have seen where in some mass assist situation if one is evaded all are evaded, it of course has been when I wasn't recording.