Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Will we get double drops for the last set of requirements?

Double drops are this weekend for LS and Fleet.

Thank you. Was there an announcement or a datamine? (Just curious where I missed the info)

It was in the update notes from a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure those will be the last set, but I suppose they could announce some more today to align with event launch next week?
  • Ok, so it’s time for next Mystery GL requirements.

I’m not convinced that kam is gonna be needed. I think Wat requirement was a way to prevent young account to get the best GL right out of the bat, giving an advantage in arena to veteran players.
    If GAS is a prerequisite for the next GL it will serve the same purpose, so there will be no need for an additional roadblock that would deny access to the new shiny thing to a lot of players.
  • I'm pretty sure KAM is a given now that they are selling the solution for JMK. I'm pretty sure they will do the same with KAM.
  • fwdrkg6hiz9z.jpg

The force is strong with you
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm pretty sure KAM is a given now that they are selling the solution for JMK. I'm pretty sure they will do the same with KAM.

It’s not really a solution.

Yes, you can buy Wat Tambor shards. For £28.99, you can get 30 shards. And there’s a limit of two purschases. (The entire content of the bundle isn’t worth it at that price.)

Even if KAM is included in the next GL, it’s high likely you will get the same bundle for KAM. And for many, 60 shards isn’t even enough to unlock him, let alone getting him to 7 stars!
  • Hortus
    614 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I think Wat requirement was a way to prevent young account to get the best GL right out of the bat, giving an advantage in arena to veteran players.

It's hardly so, because young accounts cannot fight with veterans in arena anyway (it's completely impossible for squad/fleet arena, and in theory very aggressive kraken may be able to match with veterans in the GAC but it will be extremely limited scenario anyway, even without Wat).

Wat is just obvious way to raise up guild effort value for acquiring JMK. Why devs need to do it is a mystery, as they don't have a habit to explain such things to players.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure KAM is a given now that they are selling the solution for JMK. I'm pretty sure they will do the same with KAM.
    Even if KAM is included in the next GL, it’s high likely you will get the same bundle for KAM. And for many, 60 shards isn’t even enough to unlock him, let alone getting him to 7 stars!
    And for many, 329 free shards still wouldn't be enough to actually get him 7* any time soon.

It'll depend more on the actual number of players that already have him 7 or the ones that are 60-100 shards away (many guilds can get 40-45 during the month while requirements roll out) than how "many" you think still won't be ready.
  • We are missing something, GL Kenobi is way to easy for end game players (I'm not complaining!), it's not the GC way.

I expect them to drop something like 'Mega Kyrotech gear' as a requirement for gearing him up. Can only be crafted with Impulse detectors or something.

B)
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    We are missing something, GL Kenobi is way to easy for end game players (I'm not complaining!), it's not the GC way.

I expect them to drop something like 'Mega Kyrotech gear' as a requirement for gearing him up. Can only be crafted with Impulse detectors or something.

B)

Yeah he is fairly easy for endgame players, but maybe that was the idea. To reward endgame players... L

Okay I am probably like 2, maybe 3 months away, relics are going to take some time, but that is not long for new GL. At least not for me.
  • Any idea on when we'll see gear requirements?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Hortus wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I think Wat requirement was a way to prevent young account to get the best GL right out of the bat, giving an advantage in arena to veteran players.

It's hardly so, because young accounts cannot fight with veterans in arena anyway (it's completely impossible for squad/fleet arena, and in theory very aggressive kraken may be able to match with veterans in the GAC but it will be extremely limited scenario anyway, even without Wat).

Wat is just obvious way to raise up guild effort value for acquiring JMK. Why devs need to do it is a mystery, as they don't have a habit to explain such things to players.

You are so right about arena, what I wrote made no sense.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • We are missing something, GL Kenobi is way to easy for end game players (I'm not complaining!), it's not the GC way.

B)

4 r7 and 2 r8 is not easy. If you compare the crystal cost (gear+marquee shards) to unlock Ken compared to how much it cost for another GL, maybe it felt easier, but not sure it cost less.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    We are missing something, GL Kenobi is way to easy for end game players (I'm not complaining!), it's not the GC way.

B)

They always throw out a character and people use all their resources on it. Then they quickly throw out another and people are scrambling around trying to get ready for that one.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The relic materials and signal data requirements make this a hard gl to unlock
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Any idea on when we'll see gear requirements?

When he’s added to the game on Wednesday
  • khdelboy wrote: »

Yes, you can buy Wat Tambor shards. For £28.99, you can get 30 shards. And there’s a limit of two purschases. (The entire content of the bundle isn’t worth it at that price.)

It saves you a month or two depending on how your guild does. That is all.

B)

I think there are plenty of characters in the requirements that few people had everyone ready to go without spending. The kyro crunch is big enough that few ftp can hoard that much without skipping another GL. So I doubt many ftp had the resources hoarded. And I also doubt CG cares if a few did.

I'm sure there are some krackens that will easily be ready because they had everything reliced already. But they would probably be there even if they required kam so there is little CG can do to make the requirements harder for them. But they probably don't care about that either. There's always new characters to release to get the krackens to spend. Giving them a free GL only reinforces that buying everything quickly has you prepared.

The requirements are similar to other GLs and I would assume lord vader will be the same way. If they feel that whales aren't spending enough, they will just up the marques and increase the rate GLs come out.

Or they will make a super gl and make it require 30 characters.
  • Hortus
    614 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »

And this month or two can translate into several thousands of crystals if JMK will be actual arena meta (even ignoring his potential in other areas). So for occasional spenders it may be really good investment.
  • Love these requirements. So easy! I don't even need to spend crystals which I've hoarded so will be able to spend them on gearing up JMK!

Lots of people will get him (other than newer players of course) - but hey, end game players always will have an advantage. I mean R8 is not even that hard, just a pain to get the impulse things.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

And this month or two can translate into several thousands of crystals if JMK will be actual arena meta (even ignoring his potential in other areas). So for occasional spenders it may be really good investment.

It can. But it could also be a complete waste if one or more GLs can compete just fine. And from my experience, you can almost always still get first with the previous meta if you mod correctly.

It's been that way for a long time. I don't look for it to change to much.

It may save you a refresh by not falling as far but at 50 crystals a day, that doesn't pay for itself in a month. And that's assuming you have everything else ready.

I would bet that see and jml at the very least should do ok. Rey and kylo are older so I could see them trying to make them less viable. But since SLKR was so op to start, he'll probably do fine as well.
  • The relic materials and signal data requirements make this a hard gl to unlock

It's not really that bad, easily bought with crystals or a few refreshes of cantina on a daily basis. Max GC as well and you'll be well on your way.

I thought commander ahsoka might have been a requirement or KAM. I'm not complaining though.
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Love these requirements. So easy! I don't even need to spend crystals which I've hoarded so will be able to spend them on gearing up JMK!

Lots of people will get him (other than newer players of course) - but hey, end game players always will have an advantage. I mean R8 is not even that hard, just a pain to get the impulse things.

I have enough of the impulse pieces for both requirements. I haven't put r8 on anyone yet though. Just haven't seen an area where it was worth the resources and I'd get a good return. I do fine in arena and fleet with no r8 characters. I don't think it'll be the deciding factor in any events. Most of the ones where I have an r7 team I beat anyway.

So I saved them. So no problem on the impulse piece.
    Love these requirements. So easy! I don't even need to spend crystals which I've hoarded so will be able to spend them on gearing up JMK!

I have enough of the impulse pieces for both requirements. I haven't put r8 on anyone yet though. Just haven't seen an area where it was worth the resources and I'd get a good return. I do fine in arena and fleet with no r8 characters. I don't think it'll be the deciding factor in any events. Most of the ones where I have an r7 team I beat anyway.

Agreed - to be honest, I have found r8 to be quite underwhelming (I have 8 of them), fleet is the only thing that makes a tangible difference but even then it's still not all that amazing. The offence and health boosts are nice as are the mastery stats, but invariably you can still be an r8 GL with an R7 one - it's all about mod (as usual).

Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »

Agreed - to be honest, I have found r8 to be quite underwhelming (I have 8 of them), fleet is the only thing that makes a tangible difference but even then it's still not all that amazing. The offence and health boosts are nice as are the mastery stats, but invariably you can still be an r8 GL with an R7 one - it's all about mod (as usual).

I'll probably r8 gk soon since he's req anyway and it may make my climb easier. But before he was for sure req, I just didn't see the benefit since you can get first without it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'll probably r8 gk soon since he's req anyway and it may make my climb easier. But before he was for sure req, I just didn't see the benefit since you can get first without it.

Only if you are not facing an r8 Kenobi.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Depends on how good the rest of their fleet is. I win enough even if my negotiator doesn't always go first. There are some tough teams in my fleet shard but I can usually go around them so it hasn't been worth it for me so far. Obviously others may have a different experience.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

My mal fleet makes me so happy!

aww-sweet-little-rascals-gif-9302708.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Depends on how good the rest of their fleet is. I win enough even if my negotiator doesn't always go first. There are some tough teams in my fleet shard but I can usually go around them so it hasn't been worth it for me so far. Obviously others may have a different experience.

I agree you can win, but you cant go first, that was my only point.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I said get first (as in top ranks). Going first isn't all that important if you still win the battle. I don't get extra crystals for going first.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I said get first (as in top ranks). Going first isn't all that important if you still win the battle. I don't get extra crystals for going first.

That you did. My bad.