Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• I think making a Lord vader as an empire GL makes sense. He does mention his new empire and how he's brought peace to it. So obviously he knew he was serving the empire.

They could also add some new darkside clone troopers to synergize with him. Thematically that makes sense since he stormed the jedi temple leading a legion of clone troopers.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Argue all you want but it's canon.

We disagree on the meaning of "canon" then. For the sake of argument, we saw in the movies 2 duels Vader vs Kenobi. Vador lost one and kinda won the other one, so the question "which version of Vader was the strongest ?" is still up to debate imo (preferably in another thread ^^).

However, as long as it's a fun character to play with/against, I really don't care if CG decides that Rebellious Teen Anakin is the strongest version of the character and deserves a GL title.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    My question is, when was Anakin fallen? He had many dark moments in the CW series. Killing Trench, Interrogations and the beheading of Dooku. He was falling since the sand people incident. So in theory he could have 2 names Fallen Anakin/Lord Vader.

He fell since Ep1, he landed when he kneeled before his new master.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    I think making a Lord vader as an empire GL makes sense. He does mention his new empire and how he's brought peace to it. So obviously he knew he was serving the empire.

They could also add some new darkside clone troopers to synergize with him. Thematically that makes sense since he stormed the jedi temple leading a legion of clone troopers.

What " Dark Lord of Sith " means to you?!
  • Durandal wrote: »
    I think making a Lord vader as an empire GL makes sense. He does mention his new empire and how he's brought peace to it. So obviously he knew he was serving the empire.

What " Dark Lord of Sith " means to you?!

Is there a point in there? Yes he's a sith. But the empire was led by sith. So he can have the sith and empire tags but primarily help empire in his kit.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have the sith tag. Jmk has the jedi tag but primarily works with Galactic republic from his kit reveal. They could make Lord vader similarly work with empire.
  • You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.

Look, I'm a feminist & there are a ton of things that I absolutely loathe about Barbie, but there was also a book titled, "Adios, Barbie!" (later changed to "Body Outlaws" after a lawsuit from Mattel) for a reason. Whether I happen to like Barbie or not, she's an icon. Mattel may be condescending and anti feminist, but they sure as heck know how to make iconic toys.

If the 4th form can ever be fairly compared to Barbie, it won't be because Vader is portrayed in an anti feminist light. It will be because we're still playing SWGOH 50 years from now, and multiple generations of kids grew up loving the character and obsessing over every small change to his animation with each client update.

Saying that this version of Vader can be compared to Barbie isn't an insult to Vader. If anything, it's an insult to Barbie. But I'll treat it as an insult to neither: just a statement of, on the one hand, incredible optimism or, on the other, a statement not so much about SWGOH and Vader, but about the entire SW universe and Vader. Because in the latter, despite SW being younger than Barbie, there's a much better case to be made that multiple generations of kids have grown up obsessing over Vader and they still, to this day, debate which version of Vader is better, etc.
  • You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.

Look, I'm a feminist & there are a ton of things that I absolutely loathe about Barbie, but there was also a book titled, "Adios, Barbie!" (later changed to "Body Outlaws" after a lawsuit from Mattel) for a reason. Whether I happen to like Barbie or not, she's an icon. Mattel may be condescending and anti feminist, but they sure as heck know how to make iconic toys.

If the 4th form can ever be fairly compared to Barbie, it won't be because Vader is portrayed in an anti feminist light. It will be because we're still playing SWGOH 50 years from now, and multiple generations of kids grew up loving the character and obsessing over every small change to his animation with each client update.

Saying that this version of Vader can be compared to Barbie isn't an insult to Vader. If anything, it's an insult to Barbie. But I'll treat it as an insult to neither: just a statement of, on the one hand, incredible optimism or, on the other, a statement not so much about SWGOH and Vader, but about the entire SW universe and Vader. Because in the latter, despite SW being younger than Barbie, there's a much better case to be made that multiple generations of kids have grown up obsessing over Vader and they still, to this day, debate which version of Vader is better, etc.

I have a daughter that obsesses over both.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Probably we'll know by June 16th, why?
    Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

I didn't know JML's GL counterpart was SLK.
    Starslayer wrote: »

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

My bad on recalling the "GL Counterpart"

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

No, GG fight is either the first or the second tier

Also, what does Separatist tag on Anakin has to do with that? lol

Anyway, you'll just have to wait 6 more days to see how you're wrong

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

It's just logic, wait and see
  • mariogsh wrote: »

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

No, GG fight is either the first or the second tier

Also, what does Separatist tag on Anakin has to do with that? lol

Anyway, you'll just have to wait 6 more days to see how you're wrong

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

It's just logic, wait and see

Last tier. Use ultimate and get high ground and chop up vader. Wonder if it'll be as mindlessly easy as the tiers to get see's ultimate.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Goavs506 wrote: »

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Who cares that he isn't a Separatist. He will obviously be a Empire GL. There is no binding mandate that they have to pick a Sep GL. The Seps are important for like the first half hour of the movie.

Dooku and GG are not core characters and they have no different stages to base a new character off, let alone a GL.
    Look at the previous GL's. Palps, Luke, Rey, Kylo, Kenobi. Doesn't make sense to throw some secondary villains in that mix right now.

Dooku and GG isn’t secondary villains. Wide your scopes to the content outside the movies.

Dooku and GG have a big involvement in the Clone Wars series.

Anyway, I don’t think it will be them as the next GL. It’s obviously Anakin.

I have seen the series. I would still put Palps and Darth Vader as the primary tier of villains in the Star Wars and GG and Dooku as a secondary tier. Vader is a core character. Dooku and Grevious are not.
  • Goavs506 wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Goavs506 wrote: »

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Who cares that he isn't a Separatist. He will obviously be a Empire GL. There is no binding mandate that they have to pick a Sep GL. The Seps are important for like the first half hour of the movie.

Dooku and GG are not core characters and they have no different stages to base a new character off, let alone a GL.
    Look at the previous GL's. Palps, Luke, Rey, Kylo, Kenobi. Doesn't make sense to throw some secondary villains in that mix right now.

Dooku and GG isn’t secondary villains. Wide your scopes to the content outside the movies.

Dooku and GG have a big involvement in the Clone Wars series.

Anyway, I don’t think it will be them as the next GL. It’s obviously Anakin.

I have seen the series. I would still put Palps and Darth Vader as the primary tier of villains in the Star Wars and GG and Dooku as a secondary tier. Vader is a core character. Dooku and Grevious are not.

So then for Separatist GL who would it be? Eventually they will need one for such a large and important faction.
  • "Darth Tyranus as a Seprstist GL."

how would be look different from the dooku we already have though?

Shorter by about 10 inches?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.

Let’s settle an argument: when she makes them fight, who wins ?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Argue all you want but it's canon.

We disagree on the meaning of "canon" then. For the sake of argument, we saw in the movies 2 duels Vader vs Kenobi. Vador lost one and kinda won the other one, so the question "which version of Vader was the strongest ?" is still up to debate imo (preferably in another thread ^^).

However, as long as it's a fun character to play with/against, I really don't care if CG decides that Rebellious Teen Anakin is the strongest version of the character and deserves a GL title.

Kenobi outsmarted Vader to win the first and again to lose the second. It's been officially stated Vader lost force potential due to his injuries.

‘Officially stated’ sounds weird because it’s not in the movies, but I believe you. Still, it’s not because he lost force potential that Cyborg Vader is not the strongest version of the character. Ask Robocop. But again, it doesn’t matter. It’s plausible that’s the Mustaphar version is the strongest version, and that’s all that matters for a GL.
  • The light side GL is Obi Wan. From what the developers said this Obi Wan is based out of his appearance in Episode 3. Let’s narrow it down to a GL also from Episode 3 that’s a bad guy. Another GL Palpatine is pretty much out of the question, Dooku died within the first half hour, Grevious is unlikely. That leaves Vader, from the moment he is given his new name in Palpatine’s office.

You also have Darth Maul. He forced all crime syndicates to bow to him and created a force so large Darth Sidious even considered him a rival. Also, Kenobi vs Maul... that's more than just another bad guy, that's iconic
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.

She mostly plays with barbies but we watch star wars together and vader is her favorite character.
  • Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

No.
    Kenobi is the Galactic Republic Legend.
    This means his counterpoint will be Seperatist or Empire.
    We have a Sith GL already.
    Furthermore:
    "I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire."

The Galactic Republic becomes the Empire so there is no true opposition. GL Darth Maul having scoundrel synergy makes more sense against Galactic Republic. The Empire did not exist until the Republic became the Empire...
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Sithari9 wrote: »
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

No.
    Furthermore:

The Galactic Republic becomes the Empire so there is no true opposition. GL Darth Maul having scoundrel synergy makes more sense against Galactic Republic. The Empire did not exist until the Republic became the Empire...

It is not going to be Maul.

Among other things, next GL will most likely require Malevolence and Maul doesn't fit there.

• YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

Besides, no one forces you guys to farm him. You have 5 other options.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

... and SEE/JML were the 'final forms' of their characters.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

You can argue that Kenobi's "character" as a Jedi Master was over at that point.... Whereas Lord Vader specifically was just beginning in ROTS
  • Jo0121 wrote: »
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

No.
    Furthermore:

Among other things, next GL will most likely require Malevolence and Maul doesn't fit there.

And so what if it did? Having Malovolence would be a direct reflection of the requirements for Kenobi to even it out. Doesn't mean Grievous is on his way with an upgrade and some cough drops
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Couple of points. CG has all but come right out and said it's going to be Lord Vader. The event as well as Kenobi's kit are centered around his face off with Anakin. Most correspondence regarding the JMK release reference Lord Vader in some way. Second, no one ever said that the GLs have to be faction equivalent. They just said they envisioned one for each faction. This is especially important in this case as these two are linked by much more than factions. Vader could well be Empire and Sith as Poppa Palpy made the official transition from GR to Galactic Empire while Anakin was eliminating the Separatist leaders. Third, like it or not that 24 hours pre suit is the strongest version of Anakin/Vader. Argue all you want but it's canon.

... and he gets completely owned by someone who wasn't trying to kill him whilst he did everything in his power to kill said opponent.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Vader is too much of a gentleman to hit a woman.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

You can argue that Kenobi's "character" as a Jedi Master was over at that point.... Whereas Lord Vader specifically was just beginning in ROTS

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

And so what if it did? Having Malovolence would be a direct reflection of the requirements for Kenobi to even it out. Doesn't mean Grievous is on his way with an upgrade and some cough drops

No, I don't think GG is, Vader/Anakin, however, is connected to Malevolence.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

Vader is Sith and Empire. They aren't going to make another Sith GL. Empire vs Galactic Republic makes 0 sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's just all settle down and realize that its Darth JarJar.

• Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

Vader is Sith and Empire. They aren't going to make another Sith GL. Empire vs Galactic Republic makes 0 sense.

And Obi-Wan is GR and Jedi.

You are saying Empire makes no sense, but Scoundrel does?

Please start thinking logically instead of thinking about what you want.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

And Obi-Wan is GR and Jedi.

You are saying Empire makes no sense, but Scoundrel does?

Please start thinking logically instead of thinking about what you want.

Scoundrels united under Maul vs the Republic makes a lot more sense than an angry Anakin. My point is that Empire does NOT go against the Republic, which would make "Vader" another Sith GL. We already have one, making a second one makes no sense.