Darth Maul the new GL??

Sithari9
24 posts Member
edited June 2021
Kenobi's major rival with metal legs and scoundrel synergy against the Galactic Republic.

Replies

• Kiaowew wrote: »
    Just not as a gl. Of course to Maul Kenobi was his main enemy, but to Kenobi he was a common opponent. JMK is based on RotS, not TCW. The in-game description and in kit reveal make it clear that the next GL will be Lord Vader. What's more, there is no any version of Anakin in the requirements for JMK, don't you think that proves something? The new Maul will be, but as a conquest reward after CAT.

Anakin being the next GL makes absolutely 0 sense. We already have a Sith GL they will not make a second one. If they do, people would use all the same characters under a new leader. They can't make him Empire as the Republic literally is the Empire. They have no opposition. Lord Vader is both Sith and Empire. We already have a character named Vader that is both Sith and Empire.
  • Sithari9 wrote: »
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    Just not as a gl. Of course to Maul Kenobi was his main enemy, but to Kenobi he was a common opponent. JMK is based on RotS, not TCW. The in-game description and in kit reveal make it clear that the next GL will be Lord Vader. What's more, there is no any version of Anakin in the requirements for JMK, don't you think that proves something? The new Maul will be, but as a conquest reward after CAT.

Anakin being the next GL makes absolutely 0 sense. We already have a Sith GL they will not make a second one. If they do, people would use all the same characters under a new leader. They can't make him Empire as the Republic literally is the Empire. They have no opposition. Lord Vader is both Sith and Empire. We already have a character named Vader that is both Sith and Empire.

I guess you should prepare to use the same characters under Lord Vader then. Because he's definitely the one getting released next. They specifically name dropped him in Kenobi's kit insight post. He'll probably be more geared to work with Empire like Kenobi is geared to work with GR. And we have 2 Jedi GLs so why not 2 Sith GLs?
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Sithari9 wrote: »

I guess you should prepare to use the same characters under Lord Vader then. Because he's definitely the one getting released next. They specifically name dropped him in Kenobi's kit insight post. He'll probably be more geared to work with Empire like Kenobi is geared to work with GR. And we have 2 Jedi GLs so why not 2 Sith GLs?

Yes they said Lord Vader, because JMK fought against him, not because he is the next one. I also don't think it makes any sense, cause GLs are released in pairs from the opposing factions, like Rey vs Kylo is Resistance vs First Order, JML vs SEE is Jedi vs Sith, and if it's Lord Vader, the opposing factions would be what? Galactic Republic vs Empire, Galactic Republic vs Sith?

Galactic Republic vs Sith actually does make sense if you think of the prequels. The whole story is the Sith overthrowing the Republic to make the Empire
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

Yes they said Lord Vader, because JMK fought against him, not because he is the next one. I also don't think it makes any sense, cause GLs are released in pairs from the opposing factions, like Rey vs Kylo is Resistance vs First Order, JML vs SEE is Jedi vs Sith, and if it's Lord Vader, the opposing factions would be what? Galactic Republic vs Empire, Galactic Republic vs Sith?

Galactic Republic vs Sith actually does make sense if you think of the prequels. The whole story is the Sith overthrowing the Republic to make the Empire

Yeah, but we already have a Sith GL.

Just saying they wouldn't do RoTS Kenobi and not make his counterpart RoTS Vader. The fanbase would never forgive them
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Why can't there be two Sith GLs? We already had JML when JMK was dropped. Also, people were already using the same Jedi characters under both Rey and JML.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why can't there be two Sith GLs? We already had JML when JMK was dropped. Also, people were already using the same Jedi characters under both Rey and JML.

There can be, and there will be. The empire GL will also be a Sith.
  • Kyno wrote: »

There can be, and there will be. The empire GL will also be a Sith.

This is getting out of hand! Now there are two of them?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    What will the playable GL Jabba be, kyno?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

we already have a Jedi legend, and yet we get Kenobi. Think about what you're writing.... Really, some people are too stupid

Yes, but Kenobi is a Galactic Republic GL not another Jedi one

And Vader will be a Empire GL, not another Sith one.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Maul makes 0 sense, given the context. The new DS GL will be someone from RotS, and Dooku, Vader, and Grievous are the only villains in that movie that don't already have a GL (looking at you, Sidious). But then, it has to be Kenobi's counterpart, so either GG or Vader. GG had no character growth, and never looked different (what would a GL GG look like, GG with a cape?) Vader seems to be the obvious choice, but we won't know for sure until it is announced. And for your two Sith GL issue, they just added a second Jedi GL. So, why not add a second Sith GL? And we also have a Kenobi that is both Jedi/GR. So it is possible, given our newest GL, Kenobi.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Kenobi's major rival with metal legs and scoundrel synergy against the Galactic Republic.

Scoundrel vs. GR makes no sense, even less than Empire vs. GR. I am sorry, but it is very unlikely that Maul would be the next GL. A Conquest character after CAT, yes, but a GL, no.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

we already have a Jedi legend, and yet we get Kenobi. Think about what you're writing.... Really, some people are too stupid

Which, atleast for makes it less likely he'll be the next GL, because Galactic Republic vs Empire

But Maul? Scoundrel vs. GR makes even less. It's going to either be GR/Empire or GR/Seps.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Which, atleast for makes it less likely he'll be the next GL, because Galactic Republic vs Empire

But Maul? Scoundrel vs. GR makes even less. It's going to either be GR/Empire or GR/Seps.

I'm not saying he will be, he probably should be a Epic Confrontation/Journey character. We'll see who is the next one

Agreed. We will see.

• The problem with maul is what do you then give him? Anakin makes sense as he can have clone or empire synergy as well. I agree maul will be the conquest reward in the future as they said they are aiming for more s7 cw characters. I could see dooku being the character if they wanted to majorly overhaul seppies with a sith tag but anakin still makes the most sense. CAT and bad batch will probably be required since they are going to still be very new when GL6 comes, factor in something like r2 needing to be reliced along with mace and dooku and that's probably about the start of what we will see from him for requirements. No character in all of star wars is more deserving of GL then young Vader
  • CT_1409
    13 posts Member
    I bet on a new Anakin it would make a little more sense than maul if they were to make him I think he’d be a 145 shard or 330 shard character but not a galactic legend you can see some small hints that are pointing more toward Anakin being the next GL than maul. I think they are trying to recreate the scene in ep III on Mustafar.
  • I think especially with CAT being the conquest reward maul is the only follow up that makes sense, unless of course they are pairing heroes with ships as we have with bam and razor so maybe they would give CAT the silver angel or whatever it was with the martez sisters maybe? But I think maul is more likely
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »
    What will the playable GL Jabba be, kyno?

I dont see that happening, but the only firm answer on a character we have is a no to Porkins.
  • Riggler
    21 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Why isn’t darth maul a requirement for JMK?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Riggler wrote: »

because he was already required under SEE.
    5s061dqe706x.jpeg
    d1lem1dg614p.jpeg
    You where saying?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

5s061dqe706x.jpeg
    d1lem1dg614p.jpeg
    You where saying?

look at the JMK requirements, CG wants to avoid double requirements

Wants to avoid doesn't mean there will be none

Dumb-ie

Why are insulting me?

Because someone wants double requirements so that they don't have to relic more toons.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

5s061dqe706x.jpeg
    d1lem1dg614p.jpeg
    You where saying?

Dumb-ie

Why are insulting me?

Because someone wants double requirements so that they don't have to relic more toons.

Who?

I'm assuming @Kiaowew

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

5s061dqe706x.jpeg
    d1lem1dg614p.jpeg
    You where saying?

Dumb-ie

Why are insulting me?

Who?

I'm assuming @Kiaowew

He probably called me "dumb-ie" because i said that them wanting to avoid double reqs (no proof they want to, but let's say it's true) and i said them wanting to avpid doesn't mean that there will be none double reqs

No, I'm sure there will be some, but not a lot.