Dark side GL

Prev1
Krrsantan
11 posts Member
edited June 2021
So it seems that most people think the new GL will be fallen Anakin. Well I think y’all are about to get swerved because I think it’s going to be Darth Maul with metal legs. Because so far for GLs, they haven’t opposed the LS and DS galactic legends based on their personal vendettas or nemesis. They’ve done Leader/Hero of a faction against the enemy of that faction. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren vs Rey (First Order vs Resistance) and Sith Eternal vs Jedi Master Skywalker (Sith vs Jedi) so this time, since they have Kenobi as galactic republic, I think they’ll either have Crime Syndicate Maul, who Palpatine deemed as a possible threat, or Admiral Trench. But Trench would seem more like a normal Journey Guide character. So I’m convinced they’ll have Darth Maul crime syndicate as the dark side Galactic Legend.

Replies

• Plus the fact that we already have a sith GL. Making a second one would **** a lot of people off. Having an Empire GL versus Galactic Republic makes absolutely no sense.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Sithari9 wrote: »
    Plus the fact that we already have a sith GL. Making a second one would **** a lot of people off. Having an Empire GL versus Galactic Republic makes absolutely no sense.

Sure, but having a Scoundrel makes total sense, right?
  • Exactly, because Galactic Republic Practically IS the Galactic Empire. All you need to do is thing a little and eventually the logic kind of falls apart
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Crime syndicate is not an in game faction. The idea behind GLs is to be the peak of a faction. They are not likely to start a faction with a GL and fill in the rest later, or build one "overnight" for a GL with a new tag getting added.

It's an interesting theory, but with the source material being stated as the movie, this doesnt make sense.
  • Jo0121 wrote: »
    Plus the fact that we already have a sith GL. Making a second one would **** a lot of people off. Having an Empire GL versus Galactic Republic makes absolutely no sense.

Scoundrels united under Maul vs the Republic makes a lot more sense than an angry Anakin or a Grievous with an upgrade and some cough drops
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »

Scoundrels united under Maul vs the Republic makes a lot more sense than an angry Anakin or a Grievous with an upgrade and some cough drops

If you say so. We will see.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It's funny and embarrasing at the same time, how a person can be blinded by their wishes... of course we'll have Lord Vader pre-suit and Maul Robo Legs as a Conquest character... it's so obvious i'd bet money on it.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I'm sorry but I never saw JML to be SEE's nemesis.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Anakin cuts off Mace' arm and Sidious throws him out the window then gives Anakin his title "Darth Vader" (Anakin now being a Sith), tells him to slay all jedi at the temple and then go to the Mustafar system to kill all separatist leaders --> Vader goes to the temple and kills all jedi --> Vader then goes to Mustafar and kills the separatists, in the meantime Sidious/Palpatine has his speech in the senate and calls out the reorganization of the republic into the galactic empire --> Yoda and Obi-Wan check the jedi temple holograms and see that Sidious had manipulated Anakin and he fell to the dark side so they decide that Yoda is going to take on Sidious in the senate building and Obi-Wan is going to face Anakin/Vader on Mustafar --> Yoda then goes to the senate to face off Sidious while Obi-Wan goes to Padme to try to find out where Anakin is and later goes on board of Padmes ship since he knows that she's going to visit Anakin --> both fights happen (starting at the same time?) and after Yoda "loses" against Sidious / emperor Palpatine, the emperor feels/foresees that Vader is in danger and calls a ship to travel to Mustafar --> Anakin/Vader loses to Obi-Wan and becomes crispy Anakin --> Palpatine rescues Vader --> Vader gets his suit --> former senator Palpatine is now known as emperor Palpatine of the new galactic empire and Vader will go on to make himself a name as that feared lightsaber and force using guy in a suit that acts as the right hand of the emperor

All these first events (from the Mace fight up to Vader fighting Obi-Wan on Mustafar) happen in like what, a few days maybe? (if even that)

Mustafar Anakin (before becoming crispy Anakin):
    - a Sith and member of the newly founded empire for a few days(?)
    - empire not established yet
    - no one in the galaxy knows that he's Darth Vader and member of the new empire, those who know him will still think that it's the jedi knight Anakin Skywalker --> Darth Vader is literally a nobody at that point of time and will just later become one of the most feared persons in the galaxy (in his suit!)

If GLs are really supposed to be "the peak of a faction" then Mustafar Anakin/Lord Vader/Fallen Anakin or whatever you want to call him being the GL for the empire doesn't make sense at all, candidates for that would be Vader in his suit (who we already got) and Emperor Palpatine (who we already got) - the empire faction has a real problem here (unless CG decides to use one of both and make him somehow visually different than the version we already got). Empire would also make more sense to be released with a rebel counterpart, so far we got the 2 opposing factions for GLs - Resistance <> FO and Jedi <> Sith. For the current GR faction a separatist GL would make much more sense.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    We have three Reys and she isn't even a Jedi in this game. Canon doesn't always hold up in here.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Anakin cuts off Mace' arm and Sidious throws him out the window then gives Anakin his title "Darth Vader" (Anakin now being a Sith), tells him to slay all jedi at the temple and then go to the Mustafar system to kill all separatist leaders --> Vader goes to the temple and kills all jedi --> Vader then goes to Mustafar and kills the separatists, in the meantime Sidious/Palpatine has his speech in the senate and calls out the reorganization of the republic into the galactic empire --> Yoda and Obi-Wan check the jedi temple holograms and see that Sidious had manipulated Anakin and he fell to the dark side so they decide that Yoda is going to take on Sidious in the senate building and Obi-Wan is going to face Anakin/Vader on Mustafar --> Yoda then goes to the senate to face off Sidious while Obi-Wan goes to Padme to try to find out where Anakin is and later goes on board of Padmes ship since he knows that she's going to visit Anakin --> both fights happen (starting at the same time?) and after Yoda "loses" against Sidious / emperor Palpatine, the emperor feels/foresees that Vader is in danger and calls a ship to travel to Mustafar --> Anakin/Vader loses to Obi-Wan and becomes crispy Anakin --> Palpatine rescues Vader --> Vader gets his suit --> former senator Palpatine is now known as emperor Palpatine of the new galactic empire and Vader will go on to make himself a name as that feared lightsaber and force using guy in a suit that acts as the right hand of the emperor

All these first events (from the Mace fight up to Vader fighting Obi-Wan on Mustafar) happen in like what, a few days maybe? (if even that)

- no one in the galaxy knows that he's Darth Vader and member of the new empire, those who know him will still think that it's the jedi knight Anakin Skywalker --> Darth Vader is literally a nobody at that point of time and will just later become one of the most feared persons in the galaxy (in his suit!)

If GLs are really supposed to be "the peak of a faction" then Mustafar Anakin/Lord Vader/Fallen Anakin or whatever you want to call him being the GL for the empire doesn't make sense at all, candidates for that would be Vader in his suit (who we already got) and Emperor Palpatine (who we already got) - the empire faction has a real problem here (unless CG decides to use one of both and make him somehow visually different than the version we already got). Empire would also make more sense to be released with a rebel counterpart, so far we got the 2 opposing factions for GLs - Resistance <> FO and Jedi <> Sith. For the current GR faction a separatist GL would make much more sense.

I always thought Thrawn could be a future gl for the empire due to speculations of his return as a main 'thanos-like' villain and he'd fit bith the empire and Imperial remnant, but that's stretching the line since that isn't even fleshed out yet. Imo, im hoping for a new Grievous or maybe a new dooku, but who knows? All hints and speculations are leading to a Fallen Anakin.
  • NemíPlayZ wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

I always thought Thrawn could be a future gl for the empire due to speculations of his return as a main 'thanos-like' villain and he'd fit bith the empire and Imperial remnant, but that's stretching the line since that isn't even fleshed out yet. Imo, im hoping for a new Grievous or maybe a new dooku, but who knows? All hints and speculations are leading to a Fallen Anakin.

We have a pretty awesome Thrawn already. I do agree that Empire is getting the shaft here. So are Rebels bc all our most iconic Rebels are already in the game.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    For the current GR faction a separatist GL would make much more sense.

Agreed, we are talking a day of time from "Yellow Eyes Ani" to "Crispy Fried Ani"

But it will probably be him regardless.

I actually think a good counter part would have been "Chancelor Palpatine" but given we got SEE already I don't see that happening either. Still a character who's leadership could combine anyone of the GR or Seps or Sith Faction might be interesting

A 2nd Maul would be interesting, could have that new Unaligned Force User tag as well as Scoundrel.

But I'm not sure anyone really fits given that GG & Dooku we have are already solid characters, I just don't see another one needed, then again, I'm not sure GLs are needed period, lol.

While I don't want another Anakin, I'm not sure who else would really fit.

But all the speculation does make me wonder who would be the "pinnacle" of Rebel / Empire factions ?
    Honestly I think maybe a GL-Leia would be a solid idea for rebels.
    But for Empire who is better than Palps & Vader & we have those as really solid characters in game.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »

It doesn't. There was never a Scoundrel/GR opposition. GG or Vader would be a more likely choice for a GL Maul will be in Conquest most likely, but not a GL partner for Kenobi.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Some people do take this a bit too seriously.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Some people do take this a bit too seriously.

No we dont.
  • Let's see if I understand ... months and months people asking for a Vader legend, they take his counterpart out of the film leaving clues that it will be Vader, and you say that Maul will come out, with metal legs, as a legend and leader of a faction that doesn't even exist in the game. Do not give it more lapses, the next legend will be Vader, people are looking forward to that.
  • Let's see if I understand ... months and months people asking for a Vader legend, they take his counterpart out of the film leaving clues that it will be Vader, and you say that Maul will come out, with metal legs, as a legend and leader of a faction that doesn't even exist in the game. Do not give it more lapses, the next legend will be Vader, people are looking forward to that.

It’s either going to be Vader - Empire/Sith tag or Grevious- Separatist but could be Dooku. No way they bring in Maul as GL. Boba, Jabba are the scoundrel or Bounty Hunter GLs. And yes, Leia will be for rebels.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Its not really the right era-looking Kenobi, but, the final confrontation for them on Tatooine & the nature of their first meeting does at least give some credibility to a Maul-GL being a proper match for a Kenobi GL......even if I don't actually think it will be him.
    In Maul's Eyes Kenobi was his major nemesis, along w/ Palpatine.
    (Mostly I just don't want a 4th Anakin in the game, 1 that existed for 24 hours no less) :)
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    My hope is for Lord Vader and 1 of the 6 phases of the event is youngling slaughter. Like whack a mole against a timer.
  • Some people are really in denial about the pending ROTS Anakin GL...

But Maul is the only other good possibility, he would probably be Mandalorian/ Scoundrel themed. The release of CAT and Bo both relate to siege of Mandalore Maul. And they could easily release a Pre Vizsla for his event. But they could also do that and make Maul a normal legendary which is more likely.
  • Lol. Wow. The reaching is extraordinary in this thread. They specifically said Kenobi was based off of episode 3. Why the hell would they use someone NOT in the movie? And they have done everything except specifically come out and say it's going to be Vader. Just accept it dude. Lord Vader in his dark brown hooded robes complete with the yellow eyes. The only other one who would make sense is Grievous. Buuuttt........ No.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    Lol this is hilarious, people actually think it's not going to be Lord Vader/Fallen Anakin? Get over, it. There's no chance that it's not Anakin, it would actually be outrageous if it isn't. We just got Ep.3 Kenobi, it HAS to be Anakin, with double tags just as JMK, Sith and Empire (Anakin talk's about his "New Empire" in Mustafar, it makes sense, enough for the tag at least).

I'm so sure of it that i'd bet all my money.

Oh and I think too that Maul is going to be the 3rd Conquest toon, it would fit as a counterpart to Ahsoka, though I'm not sure which tags will he have, besides Scoundrel, and Unaligned Force User of course xD

I'm not counting on a new Grievous, as he has no other variant. Neither does Dooku (though I guess there could be a "headless" Dooku...).
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    ynm1amgay7wx.jpg
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    Granolo wrote: »
    Lol this is hilarious, people actually think it's not going to be Lord Vader/Fallen Anakin? Get over, it. There's no chance that it's not Anakin, it would actually be outrageous if it isn't. We just got Ep.3 Kenobi, it HAS to be Anakin, with double tags just as JMK, Sith and Empire (Anakin talk's about his "New Empire" in Mustafar, it makes sense, enough for the tag at least).

I'm so sure of it that i'd bet all my money.

Oh and I think too that Maul is going to be the 3rd Conquest toon, it would fit as a counterpart to Ahsoka, though I'm not sure which tags will he have, besides Scoundrel, and Unaligned Force User of course xD

I'm not counting on a new Grievous, as he has no other variant. Neither does Dooku (though I guess there could be a "headless" Dooku...).

I'd bet all my money too... But it seems some people just can't see the obviousness of this. That's lame...
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

But 2 GLs with Jedi tag is totally fine?
  • It will be GL with Separatist and Sith tag so Darth Tyranus 🤪
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    This is just stupid.

They couldn’t be any more obvious it’s Lord Vader. Called him out.

Not one single version of Anakin is a requirement for GMK, that tells you all you need to know. He’s needs for another GL.
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    it will be separatist becouse largest unused dark side faction wich dont have GL. and new version of old separatist character we allready have. so it will be dooku or grievous