• Sithari9 wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Sithari9 wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

Besides, no one forces you guys to farm him. You have 5 other options.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

... and SEE/JML were the 'final forms' of their characters.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

You can argue that Kenobi's "character" as a Jedi Master was over at that point.... Whereas Lord Vader specifically was just beginning in ROTS

Semantics.
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

No.
    Kenobi is the Galactic Republic Legend.
    This means his counterpoint will be Seperatist or Empire.
    We have a Sith GL already.
    Furthermore:
    "I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire."

The Galactic Republic becomes the Empire so there is no true opposition. GL Darth Maul having scoundrel synergy makes more sense against Galactic Republic. The Empire did not exist until the Republic became the Empire...

It is not going to be Maul.

Among other things, next GL will most likely require Malevolence and Maul doesn't fit there.

And so what if it did? Having Malovolence would be a direct reflection of the requirements for Kenobi to even it out. Doesn't mean Grievous is on his way with an upgrade and some cough drops

No, I don't think GG is, Vader/Anakin, however, is connected to Malevolence.

Vader is Sith and Empire. They aren't going to make another Sith GL. Empire vs Galactic Republic makes 0 sense.

And Obi-Wan is GR and Jedi.

You are saying Empire makes no sense, but Scoundrel does?

Please start thinking logically instead of thinking about what you want.

Scoundrels united under Maul vs the Republic makes a lot more sense than an angry Anakin. My point is that Empire does NOT go against the Republic, which would make "Vader" another Sith GL. We already have one, making a second one makes no sense.

You understand that the developers can make Vader work however they want. And actually if you have been watching Bad Batch the Empire did turn against non-Clone Republic soldiers
    Well I am happy about it. Kenobi/Vader pair is something I was looking forward ever since GLs were introduced.

As for whether he deserves GL status or not, he is one of the main characters in prequels, and saga as while. He arguably did more on screen in ROTS than SEE and JML.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

You can argue that Kenobi's "character" as a Jedi Master was over at that point.... Whereas Lord Vader specifically was just beginning in ROTS

Semantics.
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

No.
    Furthermore:

The Galactic Republic becomes the Empire so there is no true opposition. GL Darth Maul having scoundrel synergy makes more sense against Galactic Republic. The Empire did not exist until the Republic became the Empire...

Among other things, next GL will most likely require Malevolence and Maul doesn't fit there.

And so what if it did? Having Malovolence would be a direct reflection of the requirements for Kenobi to even it out. Doesn't mean Grievous is on his way with an upgrade and some cough drops

Vader is Sith and Empire. They aren't going to make another Sith GL. Empire vs Galactic Republic makes 0 sense.

Scoundrels united under Maul vs the Republic makes a lot more sense than an angry Anakin. My point is that Empire does NOT go against the Republic, which would make "Vader" another Sith GL. We already have one, making a second one makes no sense.

You understand that the developers can make Vader work however they want. And actually if you have been watching Bad Batch the Empire did turn against non-Clone Republic soldiers

I have and it was very brief. Its not like it lasted so long that it meant anything. The non clone republic soldiers became the rebels.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

I have and it was very brief. Its not like it lasted so long that it meant anything. The non clone republic soldiers became the rebels.

Yes, but the Empire still fought the Republic you see. And CG can totally make Vader work with Empire more than Sith. And if there were to be a GL from a faction warring with the Republic it would be a Separatist, but there are no Separatist leaders available, that aren't already in game, worthy of GL status. And Dooku and Grevious don't have other forms for GLs. They are what they are.
  • The scoundrel is going to be GL Jabba not Maul. Maul is going to be equivalent to CAT as a Conquest reward.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Probably we'll know by June 16th, why?
    Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

I didn't know JML's GL counterpart was SLK.
    Starslayer wrote: »

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

My bad on recalling the "GL Counterpart"

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

No, GG fight is either the first or the second tier

Also, what does Separatist tag on Anakin has to do with that? lol

Anyway, you'll just have to wait 6 more days to see how you're wrong

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

It's just logic, wait and see

Every GL that's released they've changed the event so you relying on past ones is an odd decision given you couldn't even remember who JML or GLEE fought in their final battles. You seem more interested in being right than anything. I don't care. If it's Anakin, I won't get him. He'll clearly be the inferior of the two given his ultimate will be losing his limbs and screaming I hate you. I hope you enjoy your roasted marshmallow GL.
  • Jo0121 wrote: »

Everyone obsessing about it "obviously" being Anakin just because they want a Vader GL needs to do this too. It's not a one-sided problem.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    The entire separatist faction was just a pawn of the Sith to gain control of the Republic. They never had a #1 commander, Because he controlled both sides once Jar Jar put him in power. So Darth Jar Jar it is.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

Yes, but the Empire still fought the Republic you see. And CG can totally make Vader work with Empire more than Sith. And if there were to be a GL from a faction warring with the Republic it would be a Separatist, but there are no Separatist leaders available, that aren't already in game, worthy of GL status. And Dooku and Grevious don't have other forms for GLs. They are what they are.

Kylo Ren would like a word with you. "ooh his helmet is cracked" is not enough of a difference to qualify. And for unmasked it's literally him wihtout his helmet. as opposed to wearing it.

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

Kylo Ren would like a word with you. "ooh his helmet is cracked" is not enough of a difference to qualify. And for unmasked it's literally him wihtout his helmet. as opposed to wearing it.

I was really confused for a second cause I didn't think I posted in this thread, turns out we got merged lol
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Everyone obsessing about it "obviously" being Anakin just because they want a Vader GL needs to do this too. It's not a one-sided problem.

It is not just about that. Sure, I want him.

But logically, all signs point at him.

I mean come on, are you seriously going to tell me that Scoundrels make sense, but
    Empire doesn't.

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

Every GL that's released they've changed the event so you relying on past ones is an odd decision given you couldn't even remember who JML or GLEE fought in their final battles. You seem more interested in being right than anything. I don't care. If it's Anakin, I won't get him. He'll clearly be the inferior of the two given his ultimate will be losing his limbs and screaming I hate you. I hope you enjoy your roasted marshmallow GL.

Mhm, you don't seem biased at all. We will see what you think when next DS GL is the strongest one 😉
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    You've just made everyone's point who doesn't need a 4th Anakin form, you compared it to Barbie... Nuff said.

Look, I'm a feminist & there are a ton of things that I absolutely loathe about Barbie, but there was also a book titled, "Adios, Barbie!" (later changed to "Body Outlaws" after a lawsuit from Mattel) for a reason. Whether I happen to like Barbie or not, she's an icon. Mattel may be condescending and anti feminist, but they sure as heck know how to make iconic toys.

If the 4th form can ever be fairly compared to Barbie, it won't be because Vader is portrayed in an anti feminist light. It will be because we're still playing SWGOH 50 years from now, and multiple generations of kids grew up loving the character and obsessing over every small change to his animation with each client update.

Saying that this version of Vader can be compared to Barbie isn't an insult to Vader. If anything, it's an insult to Barbie. But I'll treat it as an insult to neither: just a statement of, on the one hand, incredible optimism or, on the other, a statement not so much about SWGOH and Vader, but about the entire SW universe and Vader. Because in the latter, despite SW being younger than Barbie, there's a much better case to be made that multiple generations of kids have grown up obsessing over Vader and they still, to this day, debate which version of Vader is better, etc.

I have a daughter that obsesses over both.

Let’s settle an argument: when she makes them fight, who wins ?

Vader is too much of a gentleman to hit a woman.

Barbie Tusken then. And Chelsea Tusken.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    The entire separatist faction was just a pawn of the Sith to gain control of the Republic. They never had a #1 commander, Because he controlled both sides once Jar Jar put him in power. So Darth Jar Jar it is.

Well I have to agree with you and Kyno, it is Darth Jar Jar!! Great, time to start farming for the next GL!! ;-)

"You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Pile wrote: »

I mean come on, are you seriously going to tell me that Scoundrels make sense, but
    Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Mhm, you don't seem biased at all. We will see what you think when next DS GL is the strongest one 😉

It's amazing how many people are blatantly ignoring all the signs pointing to Lord Vader.

Are there signs? yes. Are there indications it won't be him? yes. Will ppl adamant it's Vader acknowledge those signs? So far no they won't. Barbecue Anakin is best Anakin isn't logic I understand but then again logic hasn't existed in this conversation anyway.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    As long as we are just throwing things out there.

GL Darth Vader and they will drop The Devastator as a capital ship with Sith synergy. icsnb8gc4iqz.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

It's amazing how many people are blatantly ignoring all the signs pointing to Lord Vader.

It's just as amazing how much is ignored to make Vader fit.

It's fine to think things can change, but you cant ignore the fact that they would be breaking with past releases to make Vader work.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

It's fine to think things can change, but you cant ignore the fact that they would be breaking with past releases to make Vader work.

I just hope it is someone new and not another Dooku, GG, or Nute as these three were the chain of power within the Separatist.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    The light side GL is Obi Wan. From what the developers said this Obi Wan is based out of his appearance in Episode 3. Let’s narrow it down to a GL also from Episode 3 that’s a bad guy. Another GL Palpatine is pretty much out of the question, Dooku died within the first half hour, Grevious is unlikely. That leaves Vader, from the moment he is given his new name in Palpatine’s office.

You also have Darth Maul. He forced all crime syndicates to bow to him and created a force so large Darth Sidious even considered him a rival. Also, Kenobi vs Maul... that's more than just another bad guy, that's iconic

But Darth Maul isn't in Episode 3.
  • mariogsh wrote: »

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Lol have fun being upset
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Whopper Jr wasn't/isn't.

And? Neither is Kenobi.

Semantics.

No.
    Furthermore:

Empire and the Republic obviously connect. Unarmored Vader ensures the downfall of the republic and the rise of the empire. Has the obvious connection to Kenobi. Helps finishes off the Jedi Order and the separatists. Meanwhile where was Maul in episode 3? Fallen Anakin did a lot in brief time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

I just hope it is someone new and not another Dooku, GG, or Nute as these three were the chain of power within the Separatist.

It will not be someone new, we have a version of all the options unless they go pretty far out of the box.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Like? What past release would they be breaking? The devs never said the releases had to have corresponding factions.

I didnt say they did, but that would be ignoring past observations/patterns, among other things.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Like? What past release would they be breaking? The devs never said the releases had to have corresponding factions.

I didnt say they did, but that would be ignoring past observations/patterns, among other things.

None of the previous GLs required any of their enemies, yet here we are with Kenobi requiring GG, Wat, Magnaguard, Jango and Cad Bane. Seems to me like some of those past patterns have already been ignored, so why should we believe that others are off limits?
    Let's just all settle down and realize that its Darth JarJar.

I'd honestly want that more than Whopper Jr
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

None of the previous GLs required any of their enemies, yet here we are with Kenobi requiring GG, Wat, Magnaguard, Jango and Cad Bane. Seems to me like some of those past patterns have already been ignored, so why should we believe that others are off limits?

Agreed. But breaking with that and even breaking with the double GL release doesnt mean other patterns can be ignored just to suit a theory.

Nothing is off limits, but if someone is ignoring a pattern they should acknowledge it, and not dismiss the other theories when there are some obvious clues going either way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also to be honest I see it being the simplest answer following the same/similar patterns we have seen before, and all of this is just misdirection that Crumb has sown in there while twisting the ends of his perfectly manicured mustache.
    Also to be honest I see it being the simplest answer following the same/similar patterns we have seen before, and all of this is just misdirection that Crumb has sown in there while twisting the ends of his perfectly manicured mustache.

Crumb trolling the community into thinking it's Vader would be very Crumb to do. I would approve of such a trolling.