Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    He lowers others, and so does the Rancor

From JMK's unique:
    When another Light Side ally targets Jedi Master Kenobi with an ability, dispel all debuffs on him and he gains Mastery (stacking) equal to 10% of their current Mastery for the rest of the encounter

So if I have a toon with negative mastery through either SLKR siphon or Rancor, does he lose mastery?

My understanding is that if JKL is at -50 mastery, and does Jedi's Will and targets JMK, he will lose 5 mastery

This. Kenobi gets current mastery from his allies based on their mastery and he gives allies mastery based on his current mastery. you can reduce his allies' mastery, and if they are negative, do they reduce kenobi's mastery by a % of the negative mastery or do they just give 0 mastery?

Also, JMK's ultimate doubles or (ult_charge% of) the current mastery, so depending on the answer, you might not want to do JMK's ultimate in rancor raid after a few turns
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

From JMK's unique:
    When another Light Side ally targets Jedi Master Kenobi with an ability, dispel all debuffs on him and he gains Mastery (stacking) equal to 10% of their current Mastery for the rest of the encounter

So if I have a toon with negative mastery through either SLKR siphon or Rancor, does he lose mastery?

My understanding is that if JKL is at -50 mastery, and does Jedi's Will and targets JMK, he will lose 5 mastery

This. Kenobi gets current mastery from his allies based on their mastery and he gives allies mastery based on his current mastery. you can reduce his allies' mastery, and if they are negative, do they reduce kenobi's mastery by a % of the negative mastery or do they just give 0 mastery?

Also, JMK's ultimate doubles or (ult_charge% of) the current mastery, so depending on the answer, you might not want to do JMK's ultimate in rancor raid after a few turns

Yeah, I'll see what the whales figure out from experiments in raids. There's obviously some line where you can afford to wait in order to boost his damage as much as possible.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ultra a moderator now...so first post on each kit reveal.
    This is outrageous, it's unfair.
    The competition was too fierce, I couldn't keep up

Modern problems require modern solutions

thedictatorsprint.gif
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Devs making every list of synergistic toons:...
    General Kenobi: Hello There!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

From JMK's unique:

JMK mastery boost only works if the toon has mastery greater than 0. So no it will not reduce his mastery.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ultra a moderator now...so first post on each kit reveal.
    This is outrageous, it's unfair.
    The competition was too fierce, I couldn't keep up

Modern problems require modern solutions

mgmx7sy7inde.gif
  • Are you telling me that the ultimate ability seriously shows the allies out of order in their silhouettes, and it has a silhouette for every charter? talk about some epic camera shots!
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Are you telling me that the ultimate ability seriously shows the allies out of order in their silhouettes, and it has a silhouette for every charter? talk about some epic camera shots!

This seems no different than the Tech event where the camera panned across your characters. Silhouettes don't really require more character data. The camera is probably just set to view them head on, Kenobi does the animation while the rest of the models are in normal resting pose, and then the light source is set behind everyone with another spotlight just for Kenobi.
  • I feel like the fact that he is galactic republic opens so much possibilities with Padme lead and 3po and r2 or ki adi Mundi I just have a feeling that padme lead is going to be better than gl Kenobi lead with courage and the ideal team will be padme l Gl Kenobi CAT Anikan/c3p0/general Kenobi/ r2d2/ki add Mundi/ahsoka tano the last 2 slots are really up to debate but I think thats gonna be a core trio for squad arena.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Are you telling me that the ultimate ability seriously shows the allies out of order in their silhouettes, and it has a silhouette for every charter? talk about some epic camera shots!

This seems no different than the Tech event where the camera panned across your characters. Silhouettes don't really require more character data. The camera is probably just set to view them head on, Kenobi does the animation while the rest of the models are in normal resting pose, and then the light source is set behind everyone with another spotlight just for Kenobi.
    Its still a lot of work on cgs part I mean Im just imagining how many hours went into developing this character
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

From JMK's unique:

JMK mastery boost only works if the toon has mastery greater than 0. So no it will not reduce his mastery.

Would be cool if it increased Mastery by 10% of the absolute value, so that if you're at -50% Mastery you're mitigating that penalty by 5%.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Very disappointing that they didn't take this opportunity to rework Mace and his awful kit. He could be great. But instead we get another useless g13 character.

I call this a "Relic tax"; it's needed to up the gear cost of a GL and it makes them less op in GAC. You want an uber powerful character ? Fine, but get a few awful ones first and put enough relic on them so they're in your top 80.
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    For turn meter manipulation, does this mean CATs shion, rexs form up and any other beneficial turn meter gain/swaps won't work under JMK?

I assume no TM gain, and no TM removal. But TM swap will work I guess (same as with padme). It can also mean that TM swap is also not possible
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Bonus Turns and TM Swap effects will work as normal. TM manipulation is just % TM gain or % TM loss, so those wouldn’t work under (or against) JMK Lead.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    For turn meter manipulation, does this mean CATs shion, rexs form up and any other beneficial turn meter gain/swaps won't work under JMK?

I assume no TM gain, and no TM removal. But TM swap will work I guess (same as with padme). It can also mean that TM swap is also not possible

It’s not the same wording as padme.

Padme: can’t lose or gain tm
    Ken: immune to tm manipulation
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »

It’s not the same wording as padme.

Padme: can’t lose or gain tm
    Ken: immune to tm manipulation

So the question is does TM swap work or not. If it does, it's worded differently, but it works the same. If it doesn't, there is the difference
  • Was it always like that or did it change, when you go over 2K energy you can’t buy anymore energy to stockpile?
  • Foxer2373 wrote: »
    Was it always like that or did it change, when you go over 2K energy you can’t buy anymore energy to stockpile?

Always like that. You can still gain energy by other means (bonus energy, packs…)
    Foxer2373 wrote: »
    Was it always like that or did it change, when you go over 2K energy you can’t buy anymore energy to stockpile?

Always like that. You can still gain energy by other means (bonus energy, packs…)

Yea, I just didn’t know about the purchasing part, o well, gain what I can till JMK event.
  • Padawan ahsoka would work well here too? All the out of turn synergy?

Also clarification on his lead disabling turn meter manipulation... This means enemies and allies cannot gain or lose turn meter BUT can still gain bonus turns? Correct?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

iRtrBOr.jpg
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

iRtrBOr.jpg

That’s what I assume the Mars Rovers are doing at this very moment.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I just realised something watching Anhald stream: Healing immunity from "I will do what i must" can't be dispelled, so when JKR wants to proc "savior"(healing 100% and dispelling all debuffs), Healing immunity stays there and he can't recover health. There, Savior doesn't work. If I understand this correctly, that's nasty. Are there other healing immunity that can't be dispell around there ?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    I just realised something watching Anhald stream: Healing immunity from "I will do what i must" can't be dispelled, so when JKR wants to proc "savior"(healing 100% and dispelling all debuffs), Healing immunity stays there and he can't recover health. There, Savior doesn't work. If I understand this correctly, that's nasty. Are there other healing immunity that can't be dispell around there ?

Jedi Training Rey also has an undispellable Healing Immunity.

Thanks, it will be easier to try it with her ^^

It seems that savior procs, but as revan can’t gain health, he’s stuck at 1%.

• TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Yeah, Savior should still grant the other benefits (bonus turn, Crit Immunity, can’t be defeated, dispel other debuffs).
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    He looks amazing. Seems like he’ll be really versatile, and be overall a crazy good character. Wish I could get him sometime, but with the relic 8 and Wat requirements, it’s not going to happen, at least for a long time. Well, I’ll just settle for watching others have fun with him. Maybe one day.

Ha, that's how I felt when the GK version of Kenobi dropped. I was a new player and also not in a guild that was anywhere near tank raid. Even in the better guild I switched to, it took us months to finally hammer that thing out (mainly because we only had 5-10 people really trying and 40 slackers). You will get there eventually. Make sure your guild is working on bugs. They are an all around help oon that TB, not just for Wat.

Weird. I guess as a newish player (May 2020) I never realized that these grinds have been going on for a long time, even if it was for a (now) "easy" character to unlock. Thanks for encouraging me, I'm actually planning on targeting JMK starting this winter, after I finish relicing my 501st (GAS is another thing I never thought I would have a chance of getting and here I am), and clean up some other little projects. Yep, my guild is hard at work, more and more are getting their Geos up, and we should hopefully beat the CRancor this winter :)

PS I know this is a really late reply; I just didn't see your comment until today lol