Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Jo0121 wrote: »
    Mhm, you don't seem biased at all. We will see what you think when next DS GL is the strongest one 😉

The irony is strong with this one.

He'll be as strong as SLK, Rey, JML, GLEE. That's the GL thing. Comparable power. You don't need all of them. Sheesh, you only really need 1. I continue to find it hilarious how many people in this thread can't accept anyone suggesting that it might not be Anakin. Everyone must agree that it's Anakin or they must be told they're wrong and mocked for it. Or told they're upset it's Anakin :joy: I'm sorry your arguments aren't compelling and you refuse to look at any clues it might be anyone else. I refuse to take the community's desire as an indication of what's coming, though. The community has been wrong many, many times in the past about what is to come.

Just wait if it's Anakin though. I sense "**** WHY IS GL VADER SO WEAK?!?!" angst on the horizon if it is. Comparable to every other GL sends the forums reeling.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Probably we'll know by June 16th, why?
    Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

I didn't know JML's GL counterpart was SLK.
    Starslayer wrote: »

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

My bad on recalling the "GL Counterpart"

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

No, GG fight is either the first or the second tier

Also, what does Separatist tag on Anakin has to do with that? lol

Anyway, you'll just have to wait 6 more days to see how you're wrong

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

It's just logic, wait and see

Every GL that's released they've changed the event so you relying on past ones is an odd decision given you couldn't even remember who JML or GLEE fought in their final battles. You seem more interested in being right than anything. I don't care. If it's Anakin, I won't get him. He'll clearly be the inferior of the two given his ultimate will be losing his limbs and screaming I hate you. I hope you enjoy your roasted marshmallow GL.

I'm all in on Kenobi before Anakin lol
    But yeah, you can't win the argument, you know it's pretty solid

Also, why should I still care on someone who calls SEE "GLEE" ugh
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    JKA is Valentine Anakin from Ep2 (Padme synergy)

Uhm, no. Sorry, not buying that part.

Ep2 Anakin is in the DS-Geo TB known as Padawan Anakin w/ the proper Haircut to match.

EP3 Anakin is Clearly JKA based on that flowing hair and the fact that he is a KNIGHT which he wasn't in EP2.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »

Please start thinking logically instead of thinking about what you want.

Everyone obsessing about it "obviously" being Anakin just because they want a Vader GL needs to do this too. It's not a one-sided problem.

It is not just about that. Sure, I want him.

But logically, all signs point at him.

I mean come on, are you seriously going to tell me that Scoundrels make sense, but
    Empire doesn't.

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

Congratulations, you've proved LAST FIGHT is Kenobi vs Anakin, what are the last tiers again? Tier 4-6, and I doubt the fight will be against a JKA or GAS

Who else Kenobi fought after Anakin on Revenge of the Sith? A GL is gonna appear on Tier 4-6, that's for sure, and it's not gonna be SLKR, SEE, Rey nor JML

Every GL that's released they've changed the event so you relying on past ones is an odd decision given you couldn't even remember who JML or GLEE fought in their final battles. You seem more interested in being right than anything. I don't care. If it's Anakin, I won't get him. He'll clearly be the inferior of the two given his ultimate will be losing his limbs and screaming I hate you. I hope you enjoy your roasted marshmallow GL.

Mhm, you don't seem biased at all. We will see what you think when next DS GL is the strongest one 😉

It's amazing how many people are blatantly ignoring all the signs pointing to Lord Vader.

It's just as amazing how much is ignored to make Vader fit.

It's fine to think things can change, but you cant ignore the fact that they would be breaking with past releases to make Vader work.

Like? What past release would they be breaking? The devs never said the releases had to have corresponding factions.

I didnt say they did, but that would be ignoring past observations/patterns, among other things.

None of the previous GLs required any of their enemies, yet here we are with Kenobi requiring GG, Wat, Magnaguard, Jango and Cad Bane. Seems to me like some of those past patterns have already been ignored, so why should we believe that others are off limits?

Agreed. But breaking with that and even breaking with the double GL release doesnt mean other patterns can be ignored just to suit a theory.

Nothing is off limits, but if someone is ignoring a pattern they should acknowledge it, and not dismiss the other theories when there are some obvious clues going either way.

I think what dismisses the faction pattern for release for me is that GMK has the Galactic Republic and the Jedi tag so now there are two GLs with the Jedi tag. It kind of undoes the pattern.

???
    How so?

Red circle
    Black square
    Red circle
    Black square
    Red triangle
    ........ purple trapezoids?? Doesnt that jump the shark a bit?

But we shall see.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    It's going to be Lord Vader/Fallen Anakin or whatever they call him. With Sith and Empire tag, though with very little synergy with Siths, just as they made GMK's kit with little synergies with Jedi. For the requirements, I have the same thougths and concerns as the OP, gAS and Padme are pretty obvious and not that terrible, but I fear they could make KAM a requirement just as Wat is for JMK, and that would be a kick in the balls :(

And about Maul, I feel he will be the 3rd Conquest character, a counterpart to Ahsoka, with Scoundrel and Unaligned Force User tag (best tag ever), though I think they might give him another tag with a faction where he excels.
  • if it's GG....

I will laugh my butt off...

if it's Lord Vader, oh well.. CG doesn't have to make him Empire or Sep GL. Could be just Sith...

as long as there is balance in the game, that's what CG, a successful mobile game developer wants, Canon or no Canon.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Vader is absolutely a Galactic Legend coming down the pipeline. We can all agree on that. If he's a Separatist and it's pre-suit Vader, that makes sense. If he's Empire and in a suit, that makes sense, too.

But the way I figure it is who else makes more sense as an Empire Galactic Legend? Maybe Palpatine, but he's already got one. Other than him? On the other hand, who else could make more sense than Vader for Separatists? There's a few.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Vader is absolutely a Galactic Legend coming down the pipeline. We can all agree on that. If he's a Separatist and it's pre-suit Vader, that makes sense. If he's Empire and in a suit, that makes sense, too.

But the way I figure it is who else makes more sense as an Empire Galactic Legend? Maybe Palpatine, but he's already got one. Other than him? On the other hand, who else could make more sense than Vader for Separatists? There's a few.

Why would Vader make sense as a Separatist? He was never a part of that movement and he literally murdered their leaders. Just because he fell to the dark side and started working for Sidious, who was the mastermind behind the Separatists but also not a Separatist himself, doesn't make him a Separatist
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

The irony is strong with this one.

He'll be as strong as SLK, Rey, JML, GLEE. That's the GL thing. Comparable power. You don't need all of them. Sheesh, you only really need 1. I continue to find it hilarious how many people in this thread can't accept anyone suggesting that it might not be Anakin. Everyone must agree that it's Anakin or they must be told they're wrong and mocked for it. Or told they're upset it's Anakin :joy: I'm sorry your arguments aren't compelling and you refuse to look at any clues it might be anyone else. I refuse to take the community's desire as an indication of what's coming, though. The community has been wrong many, many times in the past about what is to come.

Just wait if it's Anakin though. I sense "**** WHY IS GL VADER SO WEAK?!?!" angst on the horizon if it is. Comparable to every other GL sends the forums reeling.

Mhm, sure. And your desires aren't affecting your opinion at all.

I said multiple times that it could be a Sep GL too, like GG. But most signs point to Vader.

I don't have a problem accepting any other GL possibility. I just find it funny when people say Vader makes no sense for this or that, but GG, Dooku, Maul does.

• DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Let's just all settle down and realize that its Darth JarJar.

Darth jar jar confirmed
  • Pile wrote: »

Everyone obsessing about it "obviously" being Anakin just because they want a Vader GL needs to do this too. It's not a one-sided problem.

I mean come on, are you seriously going to tell me that Scoundrels make sense, but
    Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

It's amazing how many people are blatantly ignoring all the signs pointing to Lord Vader.

Are there signs? yes. Are there indications it won't be him? yes. Will ppl adamant it's Vader acknowledge those signs? So far no they won't. Barbecue Anakin is best Anakin isn't logic I understand but then again logic hasn't existed in this conversation anyway.

I don't think anyone is actually arguing that we'll get on fire vader. Si that's a strawman arguement.
  • So we can probably all agree that it'll be ds and prequel era.

So here's the options as I see them

1. Vader with empire and sith tags - lots of lore with kenobi and a fan want for awhile. The opposing faction doesn't fot perfectly though. But it is what it is, they do have to stay at least somewhat true to the movies.

2. Separatist GL. Possibly dooku, grevious, or sideous. We already have prequel versions of these characters so probably unlikely. Though, I would love to have the Senate version of palps. But we already have a GL palps so unlikely. If they did that, I would think making chancellor palps as the republic one and sideous as the separatist one would be better than kenobi as his opposition.

3. Scoundrels with maul. Possible but with cat as a conquest character, I would see him as likely to be a conquest character.

I can't think of any other options. And in my opinion, vader makes the most sense out of the three.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    7bwmaz7ag822.jpeg

With this much money you deserve a GL status.

• Night2
    23 posts Member
    em466azbsmck.jpg

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Are there signs? yes. Are there indications it won't be him? yes. Will ppl adamant it's Vader acknowledge those signs? So far no they won't. Barbecue Anakin is best Anakin isn't logic I understand but then again logic hasn't existed in this conversation anyway.

I don't think anyone is actually arguing that we'll get on fire vader. Si that's a strawman arguement.

If the Vader we get is from ROTS, he's the barbecue Anakin whether he's missing his limbs or not. If you think the Anakin who got obliterated by Kenobi and nearly died (would have without Palp's intervention) was the best version of Vader.....well I guess you do you. For me the best Vader is the Vader in the OT era. The Rogue One ending as an example. You say Vader and that's the image in my head. A GL Vader without his suit (since everyone is on this ROTS kick) isn't Vader.

Not to mention that the battles on his path would be...disturbing. Murdering Tuskens (the women and the children too). Beheading Dooku. Murdering children in a temple. Choking his pregnant wife. I'm sure some people are keen to kill children in the Jedi Temple but that really bugs me and feels wrong. But hey it could be the first GL ult battle you're meant to lose when Obi-Wan slices off your limbs and leaves you for dead. Since, you know, sticking with Revenge of the Sith.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

... A GL Vader without his suit (since everyone is on this ROTS kick) isn't Vader.

https://youtu.be/qvWv3uosN9E

c2cq5qluwdv1.jpg

I'm not arguing about which is the iconic image people think when you say Vader, but what you are saying is incorrect.

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

If the Vader we get is from ROTS, he's the barbecue Anakin whether he's missing his limbs or not. If you think the Anakin who got obliterated by Kenobi and nearly died (would have without Palp's intervention) was the best version of Vader.....well I guess you do you. For me the best Vader is the Vader in the OT era. The Rogue One ending as an example. You say Vader and that's the image in my head. A GL Vader without his suit (since everyone is on this ROTS kick) isn't Vader.

Not to mention that the battles on his path would be...disturbing. Murdering Tuskens (the women and the children too). Beheading Dooku. Murdering children in a temple. Choking his pregnant wife. I'm sure some people are keen to kill children in the Jedi Temple but that really bugs me and feels wrong. But hey it could be the first GL ult battle you're meant to lose when Obi-Wan slices off your limbs and leaves you for dead. Since, you know, sticking with Revenge of the Sith.

You do realize that there were more than just children in the Jedi Temple right? They could easily have a tier of Anakin fighting against Temple Guards or other generic Jedi. Heck, it could basically be the same as the first few rounds of Places of Power.

And let's not pretend that losing is off-limits when it comes to GL events. The third tier of SEE's event literally ends with him being thrown down the reactor shaft by Vader.

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

You do realize that there were more than just children in the Jedi Temple right? They could easily have a tier of Anakin fighting against Temple Guards or other generic Jedi. Heck, it could basically be the same as the first few rounds of Places of Power.

And let's not pretend that losing is off-limits when it comes to GL events. The third tier of SEE's event literally ends with him being thrown down the reactor shaft by Vader.

Not to mention see is disengrated by his own lightning in the movie. Maul dies to obiwan in rebels, dooku is beheaded by anakin.

Kinda hard to have a ds GL for the prequels that didn't lose at some point.
  • As far as which version of vader deserves to be a GL, that is subjective. Before the suit he had more raw power to be sure but was brash and uncontrolled.

After the suit, he was a true master of lightsaber combat but with less raw power.

But as far as what we'll get in game, it's a prequel era GL so before the suit makes sense.

And we already have a post suit Vader in game that is amazing and has all of Vader's iconic moves. A GL version of him would just seem like a cash grab with not much new.

I would rather get the new version of vader and have them continue to rework the version we have to keep him relevant.

Sadly one of the consequences of being super iconic is that he's in the game from the beginning is that power creep makes it hard to stay relevant. So far CG has done well in keeping vader relevant. Hopefully they continue to do so and improve on that on other powerful characters. Cough cough Darth sideous.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    As far as which version of vader deserves to be a GL, that is subjective. Before the suit he had more raw power to be sure but was brash and uncontrolled.

After the suit, he was a true master of lightsaber combat but with less raw power.

But as far as what we'll get in game, it's a prequel era GL so before the suit makes sense.

And we already have a post suit Vader in game that is amazing and has all of Vader's iconic moves. A GL version of him would just seem like a cash grab with not much new.

I would rather get the new version of vader and have them continue to rework the version we have to keep him relevant.

Sadly one of the consequences of being super iconic is that he's in the game from the beginning is that power creep makes it hard to stay relevant. So far CG has done well in keeping vader relevant. Hopefully they continue to do so and improve on that on other powerful characters. Cough cough Darth sideous.

Master of lightsaber combat? When was this?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »
    As far as which version of vader deserves to be a GL, that is subjective. Before the suit he had more raw power to be sure but was brash and uncontrolled.

Master of lightsaber combat? When was this?

He won versus an old dude who let him win and versus a kid who never engage in any sort of close combat before. Show a little respect.

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

This.

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

I like how you complain about the violence presuit Vader did while also admiring the rogue one version of Vader where he slaughtered a ship full of rebels. I'm sure the violence is the only reason why your complaining. Are you going to complain about all the palps and clones characters after they committed genocide on the Jedi? Or Kylo for impaling Han? Or Maybe they take out og Vader after his violent rogue one scenes.
  • All the other dark side characters are cool. Just not the guy I don't like
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Goavs506 wrote: »

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

I like how you complain about the violence presuit Vader did while also admiring the rogue one version of Vader where he slaughtered a ship full of rebels. I'm sure the violence is the only reason why your complaining. Are you going to complain about all the palps and clones characters after they committed genocide on the Jedi? Or Kylo for impaling Han? Or Maybe they take out og Vader after his violent rogue one scenes.

Right. And lets not pretend that killing children and choking Padme is all Vader/Anakin did.

There are plenty of options for fights.

I don't know why these guys are so salty about this. They don't have to farm the character if they don't want to. But saying he is not Vader because he is not in a suit is factually wrong.
  • Jo0121 wrote: »
    Goavs506 wrote: »

Empire doesn't.

But let's be honest;

Answer is no

Right. And lets not pretend that killing children and choking Padme is all Vader/Anakin did.

There are plenty of options for fights.

I don't know why these guys are so salty about this. They don't have to farm the character if they don't want to. But saying he is not Vader because he is not in a suit is factually wrong.

Exactly. I highly doubt they would make it a super graphic highlight reel. You can have him defeat dooku without showing him beheaded. Face Adult Jedi in the temple, Fight Obiwan. etc
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    I Think we are done, regardless of tag.

1hthk04hc62p.jpg
  • He can be Fallen Anakin but he only vader with the Suit on. full stop.

and being more powerful then " darth vader" wouldnt make any sence.

New GG incoming.
  • He can be Fallen Anakin but he only vader with the Suit on. full stop.

and being more powerful then " darth vader" wouldnt make any sence.

New GG incoming.

Do people seriously not remember the scene where Palpatine dubs him Darth Vader, which is well before he gets the suit and which Kyno already linked to in this very thread?

Palpatine: "Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Vader". It wasn't "you shall be known as Darth Vader in a couple of days", it's quite literally "you are now Darth Vader".

He was already Vader when he stormed the Jedi Temple, murdered the Separatist Council, and faced off against Obi-Wan. Absolutely no ambiguity about that.
  • Incorrect he was fallen anakin. he was not vader until AFTER mustafar this is canon.