3v3 is the dumbest mode in this game in my opinion

Should CG can 3v3 41 votes

Yes
34% 14 votes
No
65% 27 votes

Replies

• Maybe you ban try to be better at it.
  • @RandomSithLord maybe if you live it than vote No. I love 5v5 but hate 3v3 last time I checked in the US everyone is aloud to have their opinions
  • +1 for keeping it
  • @chpMINIsolo_77 ty for your vote
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No reason to ban a game mode that some players like.

I'm not saying we know how many are one way or the other, but I'm sure participation is fairly equal between the 2.
  • 3v3 is just a different mode- no reason to ban it because some people can't adapt to it well.
    3v3 FTW
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm not a huge fan, but see no reason to get rid of it. *shrug*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i live 3v3
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    @RandomSithLord maybe if you live it than vote No. I love 5v5 but hate 3v3 last time I checked in the US everyone is aloud to have their opinions

Allowed, yes. Aloud, often.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I like polls
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm not saying we know how many are one way or the other, but I'm sure participation is fairly equal between the 2.

The reason is that it degrades the quality of the GAC competition with apathetic players. Hence the AFK's, no attacks, etc. I don't know, maybe you think those are good things. But they are not. They are actually bad.

20% of the community disliking it is enough to degrade the product. And why would you subject half of your player base to something they don't like? Who does that?
  • 3v3 is the dumbest mode in this game in my opinion

I would have to agree. Also, I would like to point out the absence of a poll asking how many people want to can 5v5.
  • Numbers were given by CG: 3% less players engage 3v3. Personal experience may vary.

The reason is that it degrades the quality of the GAC competition with apathetic players. Hence the AFK's, no attacks, etc. I don't know, maybe you think those are good things. But they are not. They are actually bad.

20% of the community disliking it is enough to degrade the product. And why would you subject half of your player base to something they don't like? Who does that?

So where did you get those numbers from? What makes you think that 20% or even 50% of the playerbase dislikes 3v3? Polls with low participation or anecdotes about people disliking it are not exactly accurate and reliable. CG has said that the percentage of people who don't set a defense for the first round of 3v3 is only 3% higher than the percentage of people who don't set a defense for the first round of 5v5. Now I'm not going to argue that setting a defense is automatic proof that someone enjoys the game mode, but at least there's actual numbers backing up the argument that 3v3 is not as unpopular as some people claim, as opposed to your claim which you've given zero evidence for
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The afk rates they posted are almost identical.

No 20% disliking it is nothing. Wait how did we get to half? Where is this data coming from?
  • 3v3 is the dumbest mode in this game in my opinion

I would have to agree. Also, I would like to point out the absence of a poll asking how many people want to can 5v5.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/246163/should-cg-can-5v5-gac

It exists now. If only to combat your specious reasoning.

I’ll take “spurious made-up statistics” for £100, Alex.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Spurious is a fantastic word

Thanks for making it clear to everyone you have never done any kind of consumer analysis. Good job!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

Thanks for making it clear to everyone you have never done any kind of consumer analysis. Good job!
    Pulling numbers out of your posterior facts repository is not consumer analysis.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member

Everything we do (or don't do) in the game is statistical data for CG. They analyze this data all the time, and it is so much more accurate than a 20-voters-poll on a forum. Your 20 % numbers really are made-up stats, as there is absolutely no way for you to achieve accurate numbers unless you have access to the internal data on the servers.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

You’ve done a stellar job as well. Kudos.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    I don't think they should lose it. I do think they run it too often though.
  • It would be nice to have both running the same time and let players select which one to signup for. The people enjoying 3v3 gets to play that and the people enjoying 5v5 can select that. Everybody gets what they want.
  • It would be nice to have both running the same time and let players select which one to signup for. The people enjoying 3v3 gets to play that and the people enjoying 5v5 can select that. Everybody gets what they want.
    What if I want to play both without having to choose? You know, how it works now.
    What if I want to play both without having to choose? You know, how it works now.

Then you could do just that with my suggestion too. In the current solution you still have to choose to join. So it would be the same result for you.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    3v3 conquest, I like it.

Then you could do just that with my suggestion too. In the current solution you still have to choose to join. So it would be the same result for you.
    Sorry, but that doesn't answer the question. But on a similar line of thought, you can already opt not to join and play 3v3 so you already have the chance to choose.

But that part aside, 3v3 and 5v5 have different scoring system adding up to a single global metric (lifetime score) which also happens to be a recruiting factor for many PvP focused guilds.

You take the relevance of lifetime score away by running both versions of GAC at the same time, with different max final score and different feat system.

Sorry, but that doesn't answer the question. But on a similar line of thought, you can already opt not to join and play 3v3 so you already have the chance to choose.

But that part aside, 3v3 and 5v5 have different scoring system adding up to a single global metric (lifetime score) which also happens to be a recruiting factor for many PvP focused guilds.

You take the relevance of lifetime score away by running both versions of GAC at the same time, with different max final score and different feat system.

There are other player stats showing pvp efficiency. They are probably more relevant as they don’t show a score inflated by feats.

Not sure why you think my suggestion would impact your preferred way of playing at all? You would still be able to play the same amount of 5v5 & 3v3 GACs as you can now, so no change for you. Only change would be for others who would prefer another setup to get their wish fulfilled as well.

Unless your actual wish is for other players to be miserable playing a mode they don’t like.