In-game announcement for double drops

Is it possible for the in-game announcements for timed events like double drops to show up a day earlier, so that those of us on the other side of the world don't have to do our own reminders to save up energy? The in-game announcement shows up in the afternoon, after all the energy has been used up.

Replies

• CG could do that but absolutely wont.

They dont want you saving energy. They want you to spend crystals on refreshes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Krokovich wrote: »
    CG could do that but absolutely wont.

You do realize that almost everyone that saves energy, also spends refreshes the days before too, right? Just saving energy is almost pointless, you dont gain that much.
  • Krokovich wrote: »

My point is that those in the US do get that reminder in time to save since it starts at midnight and before daily reset. Meanwhile, Oceania gets the same reminders at 3-5pm since it's tied to server time and not local time. It's a difference of over 400 energy.
  • Kyno wrote: »

You do realize that almost everyone that saves energy, also spends refreshes the days before too, right? Just saving energy is almost pointless, you dont gain that much.

You are wrong. I live in Japan. Wake up at 5:45 am and am on the train by 6:28 am. Morning routine is playing swgoh. So do my regular energy refreshes, hit my hard node farms etc.

Then we get notification regarding the double drops.

If as the OP requested occured I would save my refreshes for the end of the day. I wouldn't save energy. Would use my energy as it collected, but would do refreshes pretty much just before midnight. At midnight, double drops. Use previous day's energy refresh with double drops.

TLDR. Those of us a day ahead get two days worth of energy refreshes at double drops time, while others get three days worth.

To be fair though, I really should just do my energy refreshes on the way home, since I know CG won't change!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

You are wrong. I live in Japan. Wake up at 5:45 am and am on the train by 6:28 am. Morning routine is playing swgoh. So do my regular energy refreshes, hit my hard node farms etc.

Then we get notification regarding the double drops.

If as the OP requested occured I would save my refreshes for the end of the day. I wouldn't save energy. Would use my energy as it collected, but would do refreshes pretty much just before midnight. At midnight, double drops. Use previous day's energy refresh with double drops.

TLDR. Those of us a day ahead get two days worth of energy refreshes at double drops time, while others get three days worth.

To be fair though, I really should just do my energy refreshes on the way home, since I know CG won't change!

I dont see what I wrong about in your statement, but ok, and yes I agree that it is much more prudent to adapt your actions as much as you can/want since that is in your control.