SotaDraken wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This conquest is much more harder than the last one:

I haven’t seen a single leader resolve, entrenched, any purple ones, and zealous ambition and I’m at the end of Sector 2.

After four battles my JKL lead Jedis goes down quicker when I can stretch it to 5-6 previously.

And the Phoenix team need to go away. Ezra smashed my G12 Malak full stamina, health by hitting him repeatly. It’s ridiculous.

JKL jedi are getting crushed after 4 battles because of their stamina being depleted. You need to use consumables to refresh them to full power or wait.

G12 Malak isn’t going to hold up against a souped up relic Ezra unfortunately.

As for the data disks, it’s a well known issue and reasonable complaint of how ridiculously random the data disks are. Some players get amazing disks in S1 while others don’t get any until S4/5 or ever. It’s something they need to address before the next conquest

I haven’t seen a single leader resolve, entrenched, any purple ones, and zealous ambition and I’m at the end of Sector 2.

After four battles my JKL lead Jedis goes down quicker when I can stretch it to 5-6 previously.

And the Phoenix team need to go away. Ezra smashed my G12 Malak full stamina, health by hitting him repeatly. It’s ridiculous.

JKL jedi are getting crushed after 4 battles because of their stamina being depleted. You need to use consumables to refresh them to full power or wait.

As for the data disks, it’s a well known issue and reasonable complaint of how ridiculously random the data disks are. Some players get amazing disks in S1 while others don’t get any until S4/5 or ever. It’s something they need to address before the next conquest

Because I don’t have the data disks, my Jedis doesn’t last as long at they did previously and it’s more difficult this time around. My main complaint is that they need to fix the data disks distribution as it’s completely TOO random.

Randomness is the only thing that prevents all conquests to be alike at the moment. As you can’t repeat your disk allocation every you have to adapt your strategy. Some feat shuffling would be nice though.

You know where I would like a little less randomness, the fights. Getting GR as only option for 5 battles straight is, well, annoying.

I'm sorry, as the only option for 5 rounds(vertical slices)? That seems a little impossible. You can see a few vertical slices ahead, and I find it hard to believe that all the options for all 5 vertical slices ahead were GR.

I literally posted about this with the previous Conquest, after the Scavenger, all 5 nodes were GR.

yes, it was only 2 GR nodes to get through but on Hard mode and that RIDICULOUS modifier is not....... ideal

That is part of what I am trying to clarify here, 5 options for 2 fights with all the variations we see for that group is one thing, but 5 choices across 5 vertical slices of who to battle all being GR teams is a very different beast and quite unlikely.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Because I don’t have the data disks, my Jedis doesn’t last as long at they did previously and it’s more difficult this time around. My main complaint is that they need to fix the data disks distribution as it’s completely TOO random.

Randomness is the only thing that prevents all conquests to be alike at the moment. As you can’t repeat your disk allocation every you have to adapt your strategy. Some feat shuffling would be nice though.

You know where I would like a little less randomness, the fights. Getting GR as only option for 5 battles straight is, well, annoying.

I'm sorry, as the only option for 5 rounds(vertical slices)? That seems a little impossible. You can see a few vertical slices ahead, and I find it hard to believe that all the options for all 5 vertical slices ahead were GR.

I literally posted about this with the previous Conquest, after the Scavenger, all 5 nodes were GR.

yes, it was only 2 GR nodes to get through but on Hard mode and that RIDICULOUS modifier is not....... ideal

That is part of what I am trying to clarify here, 5 options for 2 fights with all the variations we see for that group is one thing, but 5 choices across 5 vertical slices of who to battle all being GR teams is a very different beast and quite unlikely.

Can you clarify what you mean by the 5 vertical slices? Do you mean that all 5 squads were the same characters?

For me and my restricted path, all 5 GR modes were not the same squad. It was mainly Padmè, GAS and maybe one Rex Lead. If you think that that makes it okay, uhhhh no, it does not. Why would the path be restricted to only one kind of Faction? And especially that one?

Personally, I actively avoided GR squads, even taking an Old Republic instead..

It's the design of this game that makes me get frustrated the most. How is 5 GR nodes a choice?

Frankly, it's not..
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Can you clarify what you mean by the 5 vertical slices? Do you mean that all 5 squads were the same characters?

For me and my restricted path, all 5 GR modes were not the same squad. It was mainly Padmè, GAS and maybe one Rex Lead. If you think that that makes it okay, uhhhh no, it does not. Why would the path be restricted to only one kind of Faction? And especially that one?

It's the design of this game that makes me get frustrated the most. How is 5 GR nodes a choice?

Frankly, it's not..

By vertical he means if every possible choice was GR.

Mine was, for 4 battles instead of 5 like I thought at first, but still. Personally I feel like even 3 is a lot for the same faction.

Yes, it is unlikely, haven't had similar issues so far, but I don't think it is impossible.

• Jo0121 wrote: »

Frankly, it's not..

By vertical he means if every possible choice was GR.

Mine was, for 4 battles instead of 5 like I thought at first, but still. Personally I feel like even 3 is a lot for the same faction.

Yes, it is unlikely, haven't had similar issues so far, but I don't think it is impossible.

okay.. yeah, all nodes that I could see after the Scavenger were GR. Once I defeated 1 node, I could see the 3rd "slice" and it wasn't GR. But I still had to defeat the 2 GR node to get out of that restricted path.. not much of a choice with 5 nodes of the same Faction.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021

Frankly, it's not..

A vertical slice is one choice. So we can see 2-3 vertical slices ahead, and through a combination of moves have access to all of them, but only fight 2 occur. Seeing all options in those 2-3 slices as the same faction doednt sound too crazy when you look at the pool we are picking from. Having only choices of GR across 5 vertical slices seems impossible as the "only option"

As you said they are not all the same combo and certainly not all the same lead, so it is a choice and some leads are much easier to face than others.

How this is happening (my guess) is that (I know) each team is based on the leader, and then from there a team is chosen from that leaders pool. From there I am guessing that the limited number of leads available have more crossover on GR than any other faction we see. But I have not collected any data to prove this out.

Vertical Slices
    nn3ciitmcxv7.jpg
  • Regardless of whether it did happen or exactly how likely it is to happen, I think it would be cool if CG made it so that there are no 2 of the same lead in each vertical slice.
  • Hornist
    61 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Ive also hit the GR wall. In sector three I hit four in a row where my only available choices were GR. I was staying as close to center as possible to fan out my choices and still had no other options. Two in a row were forced GAS matches.

With GR being the worst team to go against, this very well could be anomalies and confirmation bias, but it is extremely unpleasant either way.

Frankly, it's not..

A vertical slice is one choice. So we can see 2-3 vertical slices ahead, and through a combination of moves have access to all of them, but only fight 2 occur. Seeing all options in those 2-3 slices as the same faction doednt sound too crazy when you look at the pool we are picking from. Having only choices of GR across 5 vertical slices seems impossible as the "only option"

As you said they are not all the same combo and certainly not all the same lead, so it is a choice and some leads are much easier to face than others.

Vertical Slices
    nn3ciitmcxv7.jpg
    thank you for the clarification..

I disagree with your assertion. With all the Factions to choose from, it is ludicrous to have 5 nodes and your current path restricted to only one Faction for any reason. Why not more Tuskens, more Scoundrels, more Ewoks, more Jedi? There are plenty of Jedi with a Leader ability.. Are they used?

and where does this arbitrary "5" vertical slices number come from? Is that a game design thing, your opinion, or from the Devs?

My path was restricted to only GR. That's not a choice of choosing a path, either way its only one Faction. The game can be better than this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Regardless of whether it did happen or exactly how likely it is to happen, I think it would be cool if CG made it so that there are no 2 of the same lead in each vertical slice.

Agree.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    He was asking for clarification of your statement. Was it 1 choice between 2, 2nd choice between 3, 3rd choice between 2, 4th choice between 2 and 5th choice between 3 of all Galactic Republic (12 nodes all of the same) or if it was choice of 2 & choice of 3 of all GR (only 5 nodes all the same). There’s a big difference. You asserted the 5 nodes, so he was simply trying to understand if you had GR for 2 battles in a row total or 5 battles in a row total.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Frankly, it's not..

Vertical Slices
    nn3ciitmcxv7.jpg

I disagree with your assertion. With all the Factions to choose from, it is ludicrous to have 5 nodes and your current path restricted to only one Faction for any reason. Why not more Tuskens, more Scoundrels, more Ewoks, more Jedi? There are plenty of Jedi with a Leader ability.. Are they used?

and where does this arbitrary "5" vertical slices number come from? Is that a game design thing, your opinion, or from the Devs?

My path was restricted to only GR. That's not a choice of choosing a path, either way its only one Faction. The game can be better than this.

I dont believe we have access to all the factions, nor do we have all leaders for each faction, which is part of the reason for my assertion.

The 5 slices was due to the post that started this conversation, nothing more.

It is a choice, when there are different leaders/teams. I agree it would be nice if it was more diverse, but we are still early on in this game mode and I'm sure changes are coming.

Frankly, it's not..

Vertical Slices
    nn3ciitmcxv7.jpg

I dont believe we have access to all the factions, nor do we have all leaders for each faction, which is part of the reason for my assertion.

It is a choice, when there are different leaders/teams. I agree it would be nice if it was more diverse, but we are still early on in this game mode and I'm sure changes are coming.

the choice between Padmè's, GAS's, or even Rex is hardly a "choice" when I have to use the same squad (JKLS) to try and beat them. The path is restricted when it's only one Faction. If you refuse to understand that, I don't know what to say other than I can't explain it better, sorry..

that's an interesting design/decision made about the Leaders/Factions.. It would be curious
    to know if that was based off any data from the players preferred squads like in Grand Arena..

I absolutely agree with that and hope that happens as well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think CG needs to tune down the rng associated with certain aspects of Conquest. Whether it's people playing through 4 sectors abs never seeing a purple data disc (or seeing 5 of the same ones in various slices in a single sector) or seeing the same teams/leads, it makes what is already a very "grindy" game mode even less enjoyable.

It's not difficult to program parameters that prevent repetitition within a degree of randomness.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think CG needs to tune down the rng associated with certain aspects of Conquest. Whether it's people playing through 4 sectors abs never seeing a purple data disc (or seeing 5 of the same ones in various slices in a single sector) or seeing the same teams/leads, it makes what is already a very "grindy" game mode even less enjoyable.

It's not difficult to program parameters that prevent repetitition within a degree of randomness.

Agreed.

Couple other things: change the currency to credits to swap disks and a lot more people will have fun changing them out for various teams and enemies while still paying some kind of price. It would similar to swapping mods. Conquest lost some level of enjoyment for a lot of people and this “price change” could bring a bit of that enjoyment factor back.

Steadfast retribution can go away as well. I can get through these GR squads every time, but it’s just annoying to have all these great attackers almost kill themselves when dealing damage. The ideal strategy is to avoid those Galactic Republic teams (not because one doesn’t have the appropriate counter team but simply because of the modifier). Make the modifier 50% reflected back and we have a compromise I can live with. Heck make it “100% of AoE damage reflected back” and we have another compromise I could live with.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Frankly, it's not..

Vertical Slices
    nn3ciitmcxv7.jpg

the choice between Padmè's, GAS's, or even Rex is hardly a "choice" when I have to use the same squad (JKLS) to try and beat them. The path is restricted when it's only one Faction. If you refuse to understand that, I don't know what to say other than I can't explain it better, sorry..

that's an interesting design/decision made about the Leaders/Factions.. It would be curious
    to know if that was based off any data from the players preferred squads like in Grand Arena..

I absolutely agree with that and hope that happens as well.

It can be called many things, restrictive isnt really one of them. But yes difficult and unimaginative.

I would imagine it stemmed from game balance, as having a limit set at the start makes it easier to get things settled and give a baseline for comparison when other teams are added. Maybe, but it doesnt feel like it, as we have leads that not likely to be used by players.

I know things are "in the works", but no details on any timelines.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    My God. Massively Overpowered sure lives up to its name.

I've never had this one before, but it showed up in my prize for clearing the third board and good Lord... How did this not get removed from the game?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I've never had this one before, but it showed up in my prize for clearing the third board and good Lord... How did this not get removed from the game?

Cause it’s not that OP compared to those that were removed
  • Well I just looked at the 3 vertical slices ahead of me (7 teams), and the choices I have are three GAS teams, three GG teams, and an FO team. I really hope they do something about teams repeating multiple times over a small segment of nodes because this just isn't fun
  • frankly - between the "beta" runs and these last two, not only did they remove the "lol" card of endless specials, but they ACTIVELY increased the stats of the enemy teams. Not talking the modifiers, feels like they activated mods on these teams, where they had zero before these last two runs. its night and day difference, because the endless specials could only get you so many of the challenges.

this is brutal
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

It’s an interesting disk but it doesn’t prevent you to lose a unit to enemy attacks, because you need a couple of turns to get it done. With the cooling systems once your key unit had a turn, it was game over with 3 stars.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Now for feedback: I tried this time to save currency on disks swapping, so I carefully choose which one I equip and didn’t remove them so far. It didn’t change my run except one very important point: it’s far, far less fun. I don’t use strange teams that become interesting with some weird disks, so it’s all very vanilla.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dallamar wrote: »
    frankly - between the "beta" runs and these last two, not only did they remove the "lol" card of endless specials, but they ACTIVELY increased the stats of the enemy teams. Not talking the modifiers, feels like they activated mods on these teams, where they had zero before these last two runs. its night and day difference, because the endless specials could only get you so many of the challenges.

this is brutal

Generally speaking they have always spoken about tuning as a process they try to start at point X, and always move up, not backwards. So while I dont think they did anything to the stats(but I didn't ask), they will generally tend to tune things "up" until they hit the target ranges they are looking for.

I'm not saying they did anything outside of the "overprepared" and disc removal that we see, but those are the tools they built into the game mode, and the likely tuning change points they will work with.
    frankly - between the "beta" runs and these last two, not only did they remove the "lol" card of endless specials, but they ACTIVELY increased the stats of the enemy teams. Not talking the modifiers, feels like they activated mods on these teams, where they had zero before these last two runs. its night and day difference, because the endless specials could only get you so many of the challenges.

this is brutal

Generally speaking they have always spoken about tuning as a process they try to start at point X, and always move up, not backwards. So while I dont think they did anything to the stats(but I didn't ask), they will generally tend to tune things "up" until they hit the target ranges they are looking for.

I'm not saying they did anything outside of the "overprepared" and disc removal that we see, but those are the tools they built into the game mode, and the likely tuning change points they will work with.

So here you’re saying that they can and might tune the enemy’s stats. But in another thread you were saying that players can build up a catalog of enemy speeds over multiple iterations of Conquest. Would that data not be rendered completely useless if/when CG changes the enemy stats, which you are saying is possible and even probable?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021

this is brutal

So here you’re saying that they can and might tune the enemy’s stats. But in another thread you were saying that players can build up a catalog of enemy speeds over multiple iterations of Conquest. Would that data not be rendered completely useless if/when CG changes the enemy stats, which you are saying is possible and even probable?

No, I am saying they are using the built in buff of overprepared (a know value) to change stats, not the base stats of the characters. But I cannot say for certain that they didnt make changes to the character stats this player is claiming to see, as I do not have that knowledge. That is just not my understanding of how they were planning to make adjustments to this game mode.

this is brutal

No, I am saying they are using the built in buff of overprepared (a know value) to change stats, not the base stats of the characters. But I cannot say for certain that they didnt make changes to the character stats this player is claiming to see, as I do not have that knowledge. That is just not my understanding of how they were planning to make adjustments to this game mode.

Ok I see. But like you say yourself, you don't know that they didn't make changes to the enemy stats or that they won't in the future. So really there's still uncertainty about whether or not we can even build up a database/spreadsheet/catalog of enemy speeds that won't become irrelevant each time a new set of Conquests start. And that's where the comparison to TB falls apart, because in TB we can be sure that enemy stats stay static from TB to TB, and plan accordingly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

this is brutal

Ok I see. But like you say yourself, you don't know that they didn't make changes to the enemy stats or that they won't in the future. So really there's still uncertainty about whether or not we can even build up a database/spreadsheet/catalog of enemy speeds that won't become irrelevant each time a new set of Conquests start. And that's where the comparison to TB falls apart, because in TB we can be sure that enemy stats stay static from TB to TB, and plan accordingly.

I am fairly certain they didnt, and again from my understanding they have no intentions on doing that, as that defeats the general purpose of the elements they added.

There is no proof they did, so no the TB comparison is still valid.
  • they 100% made the toons harder then before and your high if you think they didnt.

This discussion has been closed.