Galactic War is "balanced"

Prev1
skynz69
23 posts Member
Hello everybody!

I've been playing the game for about 8 days so far and I've came across very high powered team and certainly more level then I have. My current level is 46 and my opponent 60, I don't assume I can pass it at all, it's impossible, the moment they take a turn they kill 3 of my characters and 2 left on low life, that is when I get lucky am sure they can 1 shot my whole team.

If I was level 53 and be able to get my gear to tier VII this would be ok more or less but as is being 46 and not even close to having mods, this is stupid I must say. Makes me feel like am wasting my time playing a game that is very poorly or not at all balanced. There is no way unless you are spending large amounts of money in game to have more then 1 team decked out with a week of play.

Here is what am up against and my roster if you will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOlTelLeTps

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    GW is designed to be a progressive game mode, you will not always clear it, you will face higher gear and leveled opponents.

As you develop your teams and roster you will progress further.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno is very wise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    On the latter nodes you encounter enemy teams that have higher stat power than your own top 5 characters.

You will soon gain access to mods which will significantly boost your characters (if you mod them well).

You can't blame anyone but yourself for not farming a full synergy team instead your current mixed team. As you progress further you will develop more synergy teams to choose from depending on your enemies.

Be patient - play smart. You will beat GW consistently eventually.

• Not every mode you can access will be passable, especially only 8 days in.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    skynz69 wrote: »
    I can't say I like that fact, it's slowing my progression to 0 basically, since I am a F2P for the time being and I don't want to explain why that is. I just can't.

Need to think do I want to keep playing this game, thank you for the response.

Your progression is not 0, as there are other things to do besides GW. You have a bunch of free energy everyday. You have arenas. You have all your dailies--the GW only requires an attempt at the first node and no victories.

It is a slow grind, but you will progress. I remember in my first few days of playing, a few weeks seemed like a long time to unlock a character. But this game is meant to be played over the course of years. You can obviously decide if that's for you or if you prefer games you can "beat" within weeks or months. There's no right or wrong answer.
  • You don’t need healers to be on your team for it to work well. When you’re starting out you do have limited options when it comes to farming up a team, but the longer you play the more options you’ll get.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »
    On the latter nodes you encounter enemy teams that have higher stat power than your own top 5 characters.

You will soon gain access to mods which will significantly boost your characters (if you mod them well).

You can't blame anyone but yourself for not farming a full synergy team instead your current mixed team. As you progress further you will develop more synergy teams to choose from depending on your enemies.

on the contrary my fellow SW mate, I blame the game cos Mother Talzin and Nightsister Zombie are on high level nodes and not accessible atm.
    Only had a few choices, Phoenix I do not want as my starter team, they are fairly easy to beat. First order team does not have Heals, as well as empire, everything is so late game so Nightsisters mix was actually the best pick.

Unfortunately your choices, especially around how you want to limit yourself are not the games fault.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021

on the contrary my fellow SW mate, I blame the game cos Mother Talzin and Nightsister Zombie are on high level nodes and not accessible atm.
    Only had a few choices, Phoenix I do not want as my starter team, they are fairly easy to beat. First order team does not have Heals, as well as empire, everything is so late game so Nightsisters mix was actually the best pick.

I don't agree that your current team was your best option.
    You can't blame anyone but yourself for not farming a full synergy team instead your current mixed team.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You don’t need healers to be on your team for it to work well. When you’re starting out you do have limited options when it comes to farming up a team, but the longer you play the more options you’ll get.

Huh ?!
    I'm playing NIGHTSISTERS they are mostly healers in general. Aren't you suppose to know game better then me and give other option to go for or an idea how to make it better, thus far you haven't written a single helpful thing. All you write is "limited" "other option" "dont need this, dont need that. What do I need, what is the other option?

You should develop more. Pick a team that has uses elsewhere, GW is not really worth building teams specifically for. As you develop more GW will get easier/harder, but eventually you will find it very easy and then finally be able to sim it.

Post a swgoh.gg in a post in the strategy section or in the new player section and talk about what you like and want to do better in.

Also:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation#latest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    You don’t need healers to be on your team for it to work well. When you’re starting out you do have limited options when it comes to farming up a team, but the longer you play the more options you’ll get.

Huh ?!
    I'm playing NIGHTSISTERS they are mostly healers in general. Aren't you suppose to know game better then me and give other option to go for or an idea how to make it better, thus far you haven't written a single helpful thing. All you write is "limited" "other option" "dont need this, dont need that. What do I need, what is the other option?

You should develop more. Pick a team that has uses elsewhere, GW is not really worth building teams specifically for. As you develop more GW will get easier/harder, but eventually you will find it very easy and then finally be able to sim it.

Post a swgoh.gg in a post in the strategy section or in the new player section and talk about what you like and want to do better in.

Also:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation#latest

Thank you for the replay, I do appreciate it!

I'm trying to develop more but it's hard since there are limitations how much you can play (energy) and others like the amount of currency for the shop you can get, also promoting characters is extremely expressive for new players to the game, last few promotions (Kylo Unmasked 6 star, Asajj 6 star) I struggled to get. I got all the fragments for Old Daka to 7 stars but missing credits, about 700k or so.

So far I missed only 1 clear on GW and am not buliding team for it and trying to make it easier to get characters from the Jurney that I want and need strong team for squad arena as well.

Today am stuck a bit again but I'll clear the last stage tomorow, hopefully Joda at 65lvl is a bit much for the 49lvl player in GW, just a tought.

GW needs rebalance for the sake of progression for new player's in game and having more players in game as well. The harder you make it in the begining the less chance that player will stick around.

The game has a slow pace, GW is no exception. They are not likely to rebalance that game mode, and honestly the rewards aren't anything that would really push your progress that much faster if you could clear it all the time.

Keep at it, everything takes time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Huh ?!

Also:

I'm trying to develop more but it's hard since there are limitations how much you can play (energy) and others like the amount of currency for the shop you can get, also promoting characters is extremely expressive for new players to the game, last few promotions (Kylo Unmasked 6 star, Asajj 6 star) I struggled to get. I got all the fragments for Old Daka to 7 stars but missing credits, about 700k or so.

So far I missed only 1 clear on GW and am not buliding team for it and trying to make it easier to get characters from the Jurney that I want and need strong team for squad arena as well.

Today am stuck a bit again but I'll clear the last stage tomorow, hopefully Joda at 65lvl is a bit much for the 49lvl player in GW, just a tought.

GW needs rebalance for the sake of progression for new player's in game and having more players in game as well. The harder you make it in the begining the less chance that player will stick around

So, you've only missed one full clear and that day you beat the 11th node. I don't think you should worry too much about it.

Regarding credits:
    Do you complete the highest tier of credit heists available to you? How strong is your guild? Do you raid heroic raids? Frequently? Also, stop wasting credits on characters you won't be using in the near future (K2S0, ISC and such)

• StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This game can be hard and you won't be able to do everything easily. Give it some time and plan out your farming strategy and you will find success soon enough. Don't be afraid to ask for advice, countless players have found their way around the roadblocks and setbacks that are inevitable. Good luck and may the force be with you!
    3v3 FTW
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Huh ?!

Also:

GW needs rebalance for the sake of progression for new player's in game and having more players in game as well. The harder you make it in the begining the less chance that player will stick around

So, you've only missed one full clear and that day you beat the 11th node. I don't think you should worry too much about it.

Regarding credits:
    Do you complete the highest tier of credit heists available to you? How strong is your guild? Do you raid heroic raids? Frequently? Also, stop wasting credits on characters you won't be using in the near future (K2S0, ISC and such)

I can't play credits at all I think am not sure, I know there is one with credits reward that I cant enter do to not having bounty hunters or scoundrel's for it.

There's an obvious solution for this. And it's worth the investment. The earlier you solve your problem the more credits you will win in return. I'd recommend building scoundrels that also have other uses and which you will want to build eventually, like Boba Fett.

• skynz69 wrote: »
    So just as am about to finish a character you want to stop that and start something else .. umm no tnx man.

If you are asking for advice and then ignoring it you will not get very far. Farm up those bounty hunters to complete the credit heist. Until you do you will be severely limited in how many characters you can bring to usefulness. Boba, as mentioned is a good start, you will want Bossk because he is a good lead who tanks and has a ship. Dengar will make the chewbacca event (when you get to it) much easier, so buy him in the store when you can, he's rare.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Fact being is that as a really new player you won’t be able to completely clear every event you gain access to. Once you develop your roster more you’ll be able to more consistently clear things like GW. Power itself doesn’t mean much; synergy, gear, and mods have far more influence how well characters will do in a battle.

You’ll need bounty hunters to get those credit heists that come up usually once or so a month. You’ll need Tarkin’s Executrix for zetas when that time comes. Regardless of whatever you’re farming now you’ll want these guys for long term progression
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So just as am about to finish a character you want to stop that and start something else .. umm no tnx man.

Your choice. Boba Fett is available both in a store and farmable from nodes. I don't see how farming him would prevent you from finishing other farms. But again: Your choice how you choose to invest your resources
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I'm free to play as I mentioned before, I can't farm Boba now not do I need him at all atm.

search Skynz69 on SWGOH.gg
    I'll go update it

cleared 10/11 still that one oof but I got 8 chards for Vader in the final box so far.

So, you're actually doing well in GW. Regarding not needing Boba:
    I got all the fragments for Old Daka to 7 stars but missing credits, about 700k or so.
    [...]
    I can't play credits at all I think am not sure, I know there is one with credits reward that I cant enter do to not having bounty hunters or scoundrel's for it.

Again: It's your own choice. You can't blame the game for your own farming choices.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You can Complete 12/12 nodes most days and only miss 1 node the other days with a mixed team with only partial synergy. I doubt CG will change anything based on this.

Count Dooku pulled from the store? Are you sure?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You can Complete 12/12 nodes most days and only miss 1 node the other days with a mixed team with only partial synergy. I doubt CG will change anything based on this.

Count Dooku pulled from the store? Are you sure?

LMAO! Good point!
    Most other players are not me, I doubt they could clear 7 star Boba, 4 star Jango, 6 star Dengar, 6 star Cad and a 6 star Greedo all 70 level and this is assumption gear VII but could be one with gear VIII not sure but it's purple.

Don't be ridiculous. I didn't compare you to "most other players".

According to yourself you complete all 12 nodes most days and only lose the 12th node occasionally. I doubt CG will change anything based on this.

• GW is not going to be changed. It’s already easy enough for players with a halfway decent roster to clear consistently