Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Creme
    32 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Love these requirements. So easy! I don't even need to spend crystals which I've hoarded so will be able to spend them on gearing up JMK!

Lots of people will get him (other than newer players of course) - but hey, end game players always will have an advantage. I mean R8 is not even that hard, just a pain to get the impulse things.

I have enough of the impulse pieces for both requirements. I haven't put r8 on anyone yet though. Just haven't seen an area where it was worth the resources and I'd get a good return. I do fine in arena and fleet with no r8 characters. I don't think it'll be the deciding factor in any events. Most of the ones where I have an r7 team I beat anyway.

So I saved them. So no problem on the impulse piece.

Agreed - to be honest, I have found r8 to be quite underwhelming (I have 8 of them), fleet is the only thing that makes a tangible difference but even then it's still not all that amazing. The offence and health boosts are nice as are the mastery stats, but invariably you can still be an r8 GL with an R7 one - it's all about mod (as usual).

I'll probably r8 gk soon since he's req anyway and it may make my climb easier. But before he was for sure req, I just didn't see the benefit since you can get first without it.

Only if you are not facing an r8 Kenobi.

Depends on how good the rest of their fleet is. I win enough even if my negotiator doesn't always go first. There are some tough teams in my fleet shard but I can usually go around them so it hasn't been worth it for me so far. Obviously others may have a different experience.

Everyone in my fleet shard is running r8 kenobi at this point lol. Oh how I envy you.
  • Creme wrote: »
    Love these requirements. So easy! I don't even need to spend crystals which I've hoarded so will be able to spend them on gearing up JMK!

Lots of people will get him (other than newer players of course) - but hey, end game players always will have an advantage. I mean R8 is not even that hard, just a pain to get the impulse things.

I have enough of the impulse pieces for both requirements. I haven't put r8 on anyone yet though. Just haven't seen an area where it was worth the resources and I'd get a good return. I do fine in arena and fleet with no r8 characters. I don't think it'll be the deciding factor in any events. Most of the ones where I have an r7 team I beat anyway.

Agreed - to be honest, I have found r8 to be quite underwhelming (I have 8 of them), fleet is the only thing that makes a tangible difference but even then it's still not all that amazing. The offence and health boosts are nice as are the mastery stats, but invariably you can still be an r8 GL with an R7 one - it's all about mod (as usual).

I'll probably r8 gk soon since he's req anyway and it may make my climb easier. But before he was for sure req, I just didn't see the benefit since you can get first without it.

Depends on how good the rest of their fleet is. I win enough even if my negotiator doesn't always go first. There are some tough teams in my fleet shard but I can usually go around them so it hasn't been worth it for me so far. Obviously others may have a different experience.

Everyone in my fleet shard is running r8 kenobi at this point lol. Oh how I envy you.

Malevolence with low relic gg and g12 geos is what you’re looking for to show r8 Kenobi who’s the boss.
  • Creme wrote: »

Oh there are plenty r8 kenobis in my shard. But there are enough malevolence and r8 kenobi fleets that can still be beaten, I haven't been stopped from getting first.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Sooooo, who is ready and just counting down the days like I am?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Keyth
    26 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

🖐🏾
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

65 Bo shards left..... so close!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

65 Bo shards left..... so close!

I believe in you
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Creme wrote: »

Malevolence with low relic gg and g12 geos is what you’re looking for to show r8 Kenobi who’s the boss.

Oh don't worry. I'm good. It's not beating r8 kenobi that's the problem. It's that everyone and their mother wants to climb now who's pushed kenobi to r8 and leaving malev on D is an invitation to get kicked back to the 70s and 80s. If you don't have r8 kenobi your D is either r7 kenobi or malev, both of which are very easily beaten if you do have r8 kenobi.

I also despise having to swap back and forth cap ships during a climb. Running 10+ battles a day is annoying enough. Factor in the battles lost from changing the ships before fleet commander and entering the battle with GR malev, well, you get it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I’m a couple months away. Mostly I need to farm Bo Katan and then gear her, but the rest of the characters needed are mostly at g12 so I’ll have to finish them and then relic up. It won’t be so bad, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • When will the event starts?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    tomorrow
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's only a day away. :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is there any news on when exactly the event might launch (other than 16th or tomorrow)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there any news on when exactly the event might launch (other than 16th or tomorrow)

The event is open permanently on the 16th, not sure any more exactness really matters, except for that one person who reportedly has all the energy saved to unlock him "right away",and even then, not sure it changes anything.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Is there any news on when exactly the event might launch (other than 16th or tomorrow)

The event is open permanently on the 16th, not sure any more exactness really matters, except for that one person who reportedly has all the energy saved to unlock him "right away",and even then, not sure it changes anything.

In an international world a time window would be useful it’s the 16th in Australia - I doubt it’s opened there.

An indication of timing is useful for EU players - spend energy or let it build up etc.

Doesn’t feel like it’s a big ask.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

In an international world a time window would be useful it’s the 16th in Australia - I doubt it’s opened there.

An indication of timing is useful for EU players - spend energy or let it build up etc.

All announced dates and times are in PDT/PST where the dev team is located, it is and always has been that way.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Here come all the posts saying it is the 16th where they live or it is noon where they live or 5 pm where they live. Never fails :|
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Good topic for the FAQs by UC.
  • Rhod101
    50 posts Member

All announced dates and times are in PDT/PST where the dev team is located, it is and always has been that way.

Is there an announced time? I've looked but can't find one. Although appreciate I may have missed it. Much appreciated if you can say or have a link etc!
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Rhod101 wrote: »

Is there an announced time? I've looked but can't find one. Although appreciate I may have missed it. Much appreciated if you can say or have a link etc!

Title Updates usually occur at 5:15 Pacific Time.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Title Updates usually occur at 5:15 Pacific Time.

Title updates don't really have a set time, since the stores push them to different regions at different times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They do not announce times for this, as this is only partly in their control. Releases like title updates need to go through apple/google so the team doesnt have full control over the process and its timeline.
  • Rhod101
    50 posts Member

They do not announce times for this, as this is only partly in their control. Releases like title updates need to go through apple/google so the team doesnt have full control over the process and its timeline.

Makes sense and thanks for the response.
  • What zetas do you need/are highly recommended to get on the toons needed for JMK? Any others besides GG’s, GMY’s, GK’s? Thanks for informed input on this from anyone. May the force be with you. - Seth
    Seth
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Imo definitely Wat, I like Jango’s Unique too
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    SethTrego wrote: »
    What zetas do you need/are highly recommended to get on the toons needed for JMK? Any others besides GG’s, GMY’s, GK’s? Thanks for informed input on this from anyone. May the force be with you. - Seth

Shaak Ti's zetas are quite good, and I second the recommendation for wat and Jango's uniques. I wouldn't bother with Cody's lead or Magna's special. Bo Katan's unique is highly situational and requires decent Mandalorians, so that's likely a pass until you're in the position of having a solid mando team (many of them are better used elsewhere, and the rest aren't that great).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m