Update on MINI and What Is Being Done

Hey Everyone,

Some of you may know who I am, some may not. I am Rangerj1999 from Reality Skewed Gamers, a streamer for SWGOH, and like all of you I have been moved by MINI's story, as well as the entire content creators for this Game. I have been seeing a lot of post about this and since we are taking point on what is happening for MINI, I wanted to let you all know what the content creators are doing, what we have done, what will be happening soon and what you can do.

First, thank you to the community, guilds and shards for doing the name change to MINI. It means a lot and if you can keep letting people know and asking others for the name change, that would be greatly appreciated.

Second, big thank you to CG, specifically Doja and especially Crumb for changing their name to MINI. As soon as I asked and shared the situation with Crumb he did not hesitate and made the change. We have been in contact with the family and I know Crumb did as well, to see what the family wanted and what we could do for them. I know everyone at CG is doing everything they can at the moment.

That leads me to what is happening in the background. K8gaming got with me and asked what we could do and we decided to do a charity stream, which I will cover further down in this post. Shout out to K8 and the Bounty Hunnies for setting up the Tiltify. The family asked that if we did donations it went to a specific Charity and that is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. We have it set up and you guys are proving again why this community rocks. So far we have raised over $4000 and rising, and we have not even done the charity stream yet!! If you would like to donate please do here: https://tiltify.com/@bountyhunnies/swgoh-community-for-mini

Share your thoughts and prayers, or share your stories in the message when you donate. Just as it is affecting MINI, Cancer has touched all of us in some way. My story is like many of yours, I myself lost my father to Cancer and is one of the reasons I am a Gamer for Cancer and work with the American Cancer Society, through streaming to help raise money for their cause.

Also huge shout out to all the content creators, who are doing all they can and have joined forces. Huge props to Arnald and Cubs for the video they did for MINI, being that those two are his favorite streamers. Also shout out to Cubs who actually sang for MINI on his stream yesterday, singing Weird Al's "The Saga Begins," one of MINI's favorites.

The other content creators, through the GACenter are all doing video messages for MINI to send to him and his family to show our support as well. The Escape podcast/GACenter and those associated with them, have volunteered to cut and get it ready ASAP to send to MINI and his family, and it is much appreciated.

Lastly, as many as can make it, from content creators, to CG with be on a special Jedi Academy Stream this Saturday, Starting at 10 AM EST, to continue to raise money for MINI. It will be an extended stream and we invite everyone to join us and hangout, as we continue to fight for MINI and his family and help raise money for a worthy cause. The link to the stream can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psonBXUYHss

Thank you again community for showing why you are the best gaming community out there and we look forward to seeing you Saturday.

Sincerely,

MINI Rangerj1999

Replies

• Thank you to everyone who had donated already. Y'all are an amazing community and I'm humbled by your generosity. Geekgirl1980
  • DarthStormin
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    If you are a content creator I haven't been in contact with, get in touch with me with a link to a video and I will be sure to get it in the video comp I am putting together. Deadline is midnight eastern tonight June 9th.

-Paul AnthMINI of The Escape Pod cast.
  • Thank you SO much for rallying behind MINI!
  • Hellenix
    130 posts Member
    The GRDS and Planet Coruscant Discord Servers, as well as the United Without Limits Guild Family, proudly support the efforts of RangerJ1999, the RSG Crew, k8Gaming_, the BountyHunnies, Paul Anthony and the GACenter streamers! But, most importantly of all, we ALL stand proudly with MINI SNOWWALKER, his family, his guild, and the ENTIRE SWGoH Gaming Community !!!!

Let's all make sure this amazing little SWGoH gamer is shown our fullest support, in every way we each can! Please, share his story, and share the Tiltify link. Cancer has effected us all.... and we CAN be the difference we want to see in this world.

May the Force be with MINI and his family.... always!

I am.... MINI Hellenix
    Hellenix
    Discord ID: Hellenix #3201
    SWGoH Guild: United 'Merica (Officer)
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Like Ranger said, almost everyone has a story with this disease: both wins and losses.

I HOPE MINI's story helps us to have many more wins.

My prayers for him and his family, and others who are affected.

I'm very proud to be a part of this awesome community!
  • Thank you so much everyone for joining the fight against cancer May MINI have a full and complete recovery very soon and as I said in other posts CG all crystals spent on changing names should go to cancer research. The whole community coming together is very comforting thank you everyone for helping MINI and many others.
  • Toyoda
    28 posts Member
    Here's a statement from Mini's family to the community wy5p9c3q8r5u.jpg
    Toyoda#3486
  • Seeing how this community has rallied together makes me REALLY proud to be a member of this community
  • This is a truly sad story, but it's amazing to see how strong and supportive this community has been. I'm glad to be a part of this amazing group, and let's all continue to do our best to make MINI happy. This is the way.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • 3bdww32pmon5.jpeg

MINI led the way for us on defense during this last TW. Definitely apart of our victory this round!
  • We as a community are strong.zq7uonbsiriy.png
  • WE are MiniStrong!

RSG, Bounty Hunnies, and TEPc present the following:

https://youtu.be/s2YCM2DwVjs
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Just thanks @Rangerj1999 .... and all the content creators out there, I'd name/tag you all... but there's so many of you on there.
    Big shout out to @CG_SBCrumb_MINI & @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI for stepping in & supporting.
    More importantly.... big love & support to MINISNOWALKER, his grandpa and family & friends... keep fighting, you've all the power and force of the community behind you... stay strong, we're sending you all our strength, love & support.

I'm not Gavsta... I'm MINI Gavsta
    ... we are MINI 👊1b23dvp3utjm.jpg
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Our arena shard is becoming MINI shard! 6 more at the moment not pictured here. MINI and family are in my prayers.

i5lqpvrul7a5.jpeg
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Can CG easily see how many players have changed name to include MINI? Would be a great show of community to see that total number!
    Post edited by KalHorn on
  • MINI is in all our hearts. Even in my guild, currently going through a disorganised moment of many quitting, and not many in discord, our message has spread, and MINI is in our guild's prayers.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Keep it up, y'all! It's so great to see everyone rally for the cause.
  • Here is a link to a discord server dedicated to MINI and the fight against cancer https://discord.gg/m22RuuEa

• This was just received…😭😭😭

zys67pdrmsfi.jpeg
  • Remember please continue to donate to st judes in honor of MINI let his sacrafice not be forgotten
  • I pray for your soul 😢
  • “If one is remembered by a friend, one is never truly gone.”
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force.”
    -Yoda

While I may never have known Mini in game or in life, it is safe to say that our young Jedi is now one with the force and the rest of his family, no longer in pain or hurting. He has joined together and become one with the force. He is now more powerful than any of us can possibly imagine. As his family has said, let us not mourn his passing, but take solace in his ascension into a power greater than any of us will ever know until our time has come as well. May the force be with you Mini, we shall never forget you, our friend.
  • WiseJedi
    217 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    First of all I would like to express my sincere condolences for the family during those days. May the Lord give them strength and consolation.

I think Mini thaught us all one great lesson. How worthful life and health can be, fragile, full with love and always worth to fight for it with every inch of strength. He taught us that Health isn't normal. It's a miracle. This lesson should be honored.

To see these actions proves again how great this community can be no matter where you are.

RIP Mini
  • Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on what was accomplished for MINI. I can not thank everyone enough for this past week and weekend, through many streams and efforts we were able to hit and pass the goal of $25,000 raised for the St.Judes Children's Research Hospital for MINI.

There are to many people to thank, but there are a few I wanted to mention. First, thanks to CG Crumb, who last week was on several streams, including the the main one on Saturday on RSG. CG has been amazing and Crumb went above and beyond for this cause. So thank you Crumb, Doja and the rest of CG for all that you did for MINI, publicly and behind the scenes.

Second, to the entire content creators community. Everyone who could did something. Arnald and Cubs who started off with their video and time. The other content creators with their video sent to MINI, and their time and effort as well. The Bounty Hunnies, who helped with setting up and maintaining the Tiltify and who were fantastic with the stream this Saturday. Hynessy and Grid, who helped raise the top donation of $3600. Paul and the Escape crew for cutting the video together. To all the content creators, to many to list here, thank you for everything.

And Lastly, the community. And not just this community but other gaming communities who all helped, donated and did what they could for MINI, to show their support, and still are. However, this community of SWGOH once again showed why they are on of the best gaming communities out there. Thank you, to all of you for what you helped accomplish. You all helped to make sure that the legacy that MINI leaves behind is one for the ages.

Everyone stay safe and we will see you when we see you.

Sincerely,

MINI Rangerj1999
  • My condolences to the family. I am saddened by this. It is a difficult challenge to face. I hope you find comfort in this difficult time. May the force be with you.
  • davidreyan15
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    The GRDS and Planet Coruscant Discord Servers, as well as the United Without Limits Guild Family, proudly support the efforts of RangerJ1999, the RSG Crew, k8Gaming_, the BountyHunnies, Paul Anthony and the GACenter streamers!

But, most importantly of all, we ALL stand proudly with MINI SNOWWALKER, his family, his guild, and the ENTIRE SWGoH Gaming Community !!!!

Let's all make sure this amazing little SWGoH gamer is shown our fullest support, in every way we each can!

Please, share his story, and share the Tiltify link.

Cancer has effected us all.... and we CAN be the difference we want to see in this world.