Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Drathuk916 wrote: »
    So just a question for those who are beyond convinced it is anakin. Who does he beat out of the five other gls. I would expect lose to two, beat two, with one evenly matched. To me jmk and see seem to be the obvious candidates of lose to, jml draw (Vader and Luke both decide not to destroy the other though they could have albeit Vader is letting emp do it) which leaves rey and slkr as the gls Vader beats. If you agree with this are you happy with it? If you disagree who do you think he beats and why?

It might be Vader hell probably is but a rots era Vader seems like the lore would dictate a weakish gl that would be completely unsatisfactory to me.

CG doesn't have to and won't make counters where the only consideration is lore. A GL Vader can counter whichever other GLs CG decides that he should counter for game balance purposes. Eg. SEE can beat Rey despite that not being how the movie played out, so it's pretty clear that lore doesn't need to be very relevant when they design kits
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    The game developers only take "inspirations" from the lore. They don't need to strictly adhere to it. Otherwise we would not have some of the meta ranking we currently have. For example just consider a sec cls beating Vader.
  • Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

He obviously was part of the Empire at that point, even if it had not been announced yet. The empire really started when he became lord Vader. Plus, I think it was announced right after Mace got tossed out the window. Before the final fight scene between Vader and JMK.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

He obviously was part of the Empire at that point, even if it had not been announced yet. The empire really started when he became lord Vader. Plus, I think it was announced right after Mace got tossed out the window. Before the final fight scene between Vader and JMK.

The Galactic Empire was announced in Bad Batch Episode 1.

• Drathuk916 wrote: »
    So just a question for those who are beyond convinced it is anakin. Who does he beat out of the five other gls. I would expect lose to two, beat two, with one evenly matched. To me jmk and see seem to be the obvious candidates of lose to, jml draw (Vader and Luke both decide not to destroy the other though they could have albeit Vader is letting emp do it) which leaves rey and slkr as the gls Vader beats. If you agree with this are you happy with it? If you disagree who do you think he beats and why?

It might be Vader hell probably is but a rots era Vader seems like the lore would dictate a weakish gl that would be completely unsatisfactory to me.

Remember also, Vader pre suit was one of the strongest force users ever. Without a bad judgment call, he probably would have beat Obi Wan. He was not a push over.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

It was also announced in ROTS. Actually the speach from BB is from ROTS, I think.
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

It was also announced in ROTS. Actually the speach from BB is from ROTS, I think.

Indeed.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    I'm just wondering (and someone may have already pointed this out...this thread is 9 pages long), if we get a Vader/Anakin GL now...who will be the Empire GL later?

I'm gonna be happy with whomever we get next (with the caveat that I'm not likely to even be close to getting it in the first year-ish), but I really hope it's a Sep, preferably GG.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »
    I'm just wondering (and someone may have already pointed this out...this thread is 9 pages long), if we get a Vader/Anakin GL now...who will be the Empire GL later?

I got at it a bit earlier. That's why I think it'll be Greivous if they do a Separatist legend.

The possibility exists that the next legend won't be a Separatist, though. It very well still could be Darth Vader, albeit an Empire version.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Only thing that points to it not being Vader is all the separatists we have reliced now. Would they just skip the faction from having a GL? Plus all the Empire ones we have left to relic.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Only thing that points to it not being Vader is all the separatists we have reliced now. Would they just skip the faction from having a GL? Plus all the Empire ones we have left to relic.

I kind of think they would. 4 Sep characters are needed for JMK. And the rest are
    reliced already by most of the long time players.

Who would you even need for GG or Dooku?

And I really don't think we would need R7 GG if he was next GL.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    He may only have all his limbs for a hot minute (ha!) as Darth Vader, but he IS Darth Vader.

He lost his right forearm well before becoming vader
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member

I kind of think they would. 4 Sep characters are needed for JMK. And the rest are

I mean, you're probably right...i just can't wrap my head around who then is gonna be the Empire GL when the OT rolls around.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited June 2021

I mean, you're probably right...i just can't wrap my head around who then is gonna be the Empire GL when the OT rolls around.

Rebels vs Empire

Princess Leia is a good fit for Rebels but who would be her counterpart with Empire or another faction?

Scoundrel Jabba?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Rebels vs Empire

Princess Leia is a good fit for Rebels but who would be her counterpart with Empire or another faction?

Scoundrel Jabba?

As the ‘rythm’ has changed, maybe we don’t have to see faction counterparts anymore.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Rebels vs Empire

Tarkin with the inquisitor droid.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I personally want Maul but yeah it’s got to be fallen ani.

Just for fun though, if the ds gl doesn’t fall until the next phase which will probably be related to book of boba - we could get a scoundrel gl boba maybe. I mean a boba fett who isn’t pants would be welcome and he’s always been a fan favourite.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2021

But... Vader/Anakin is going to have the Empire tag. It makes sense in the game and in the lore. I mean, yeah, OT Vader would be the iconical Empire GL, but we already have him, so Ep3 Vader is the next logical choice. I'm thinking we will have a non-suit version and for the Ultimate he changes to the suited version, then proceeds to destroy

I just hope that for the Ult animation we don't have that crappy "Noo" scream we got on Ep3, that was awful...
  • Granolo wrote: »

But... Vader/Anakin is going to have the Empire tag. It makes sense in the game and in the lore. I mean, yeah, OT Vader would be the iconical Empire GL, but we already have him, so Ep3 Vader is the next logical choice. I'm thinking we will have a non-suit version and for the Ultimate he changes to the suited version, then proceeds to destroy

I just hope that for the Ult animation we don't have that crappy "Noo" scream we got on Ep3, that was awful...

Here I am actually hoping for the Noooooo
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

The Empire starts in RotS, following Order 66, when Palps has his speech in the senate chamber and declares that the Republic has become the Empire. Ep. 1 of the BB happens at around that same time period. So, yes, Vader was part of the Empire before he fought Kenobi on Mustafar.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Rebels vs Empire

Scoundrel Jabba?

BH? Maybe Boba Fett..
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Rebels vs Empire

Scoundrel Jabba?

BH? Maybe Boba Fett..

ugh, I hope not! I am so over Boba Fatt
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Rebels vs Empire

Scoundrel Jabba?

BH? Maybe Boba Fett..

ugh, I hope not! I am so over Boba Fatt

This guy you mean ?

w8pbi2far4gx.png
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Man, he really put on some weight after taking Jabba's palace
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Rabelais wrote: »
    The blog post regarding JMK says we’ll be playing through Revenge of the Sith to acquire him, so a dark side Anakin seems like the logical choice for the next GL. Sith Lords are the opposites of Jedi Masters so I think the naming makes sense.
    At that point he is UFU and not a Sith Lord, but Lord Vader. There is huge difference

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    The blog post regarding JMK says we’ll be playing through Revenge of the Sith to acquire him, so a dark side Anakin seems like the logical choice for the next GL. Sith Lords are the opposites of Jedi Masters so I think the naming makes sense.
    At that point he is UFU and not a Sith Lord, but Lord Vader. There is huge difference

He is a Sith. Palps name him a Sith lord after Mace gets hurled out the window, and then sends Anakin/Vader to the Jedi Temple to kill the Jedi. By the time Vader duels Kenobi on Mustafar, he is a Sith.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

He is a Sith. Palps name him a Sith lord after Mace gets hurled out the window, and then sends Anakin/Vader to the Jedi Temple to kill the Jedi. By the time Vader duels Kenobi on Mustafar, he is a Sith.

Technically Darth Vader isn't a Sith until he falls into darkness and gets his yellow eyes on.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Technically Darth Vader isn't a Sith until he falls into darkness and gets his yellow eyes on.

Which happens sometime during the Mustafar fight. But he has the Sith title, so CG will most likely make him a Sith.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Which happens sometime during the Mustafar fight. But he has the Sith title, so CG will most likely make him a Sith.

Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku has the Sith title but he isnt a Sith.