Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Could we have some sort of Q&A session with the devs or product manager from CG about what their plans are regarding the feedback of Conquest? I think it’s a good game mode at its core with a lot of potential but I fear that CG is running out of time fixing this before souring this for the players.

The cost of swapping disks must go, there’s no debating this even if it goes against CGs initial thoughts they just must drop that since it ruins the playful fun parts of the entire mode. It doesn’t even make it harder, just boring stale and frustrating.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Sector 3, Jango-lead BH team. No overprepared buff (!), but:
    1. Jango goes first vs DR with effective speed 416 (data disks included)
    2. Not a single resistable debuff from DR, Vader, BSF, Malak and Palp landed on the enemy. BSF, in particular, have 100% potency but nor CBM nor debuffs didn't land on anyone. It turns slightly better on the second attempt but energy was already lost.

Have I seen anything remotely close in sith vs BH battles in previous Conquests? No. Just bad luck, no one touched enemy stats I suppose.

As someone already said in other thread, it makes Conquest feel as another rng-based event - instead of planning you just jump into unknown and see what happen, and even after that you have no real clue what exactly you need to tune up because you can't see enemy stats and can't be sure that it won't change in the next battle and/or next Conquest.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Hortus wrote: »
    Sector 3, Jango-lead BH team.
    2. Not a single resistable debuff from DR, Vader, BSF, Malak and Palp landed on the enemy. BSF, in particular, have 100% potency but nor CBM nor debuffs didn't land on anyone. It turns slightly better on the second attempt but energy was already lost.

Don't use a debuff-dependent team against Jango lead. His leader shuts down debuffs fast (-20% potency on enemies for each debuff on allied BHs). Now if you didn't land any at all, that's more suspicious. His lead also grants BHs +30 speed, and with the sector bonuses in s4 (30-70% increase), they very well could outspeed 416. Just one more reason why we need to be able to inspect the enemy's stats.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Rule of thumb for S4+ on Hard Mode, don't expect to go first without a GL.
  • So they nerfed the data disks. Haven’t seen a purple the last two conquest. Only seen 4 blues total of 2 types. Mostly what gets offered is either protection %,offence % or buffs that don’t stack even though you will get them on most merchants. So at most you get some extra protection and offence.

Just spent the last day stuck on sector 4(common) geos. They were wiping my best team R7 DR without me getting a turn. Ended up having to use DR with 4 tanks to just get a 1* clear. Took 4 tries before they got feared by malak and BA didn’t just cleanse it off.

So with all that how are the changes made supposed to improve the experience? The only improvement I see is forcing ppl to wait until the conquest store has a speed boost item that they then use crystal to buy.

My DR team that is able to take out fully modded and geared GL teams but they die without a turn against basic conquest teams is not in any way balanced. My DR has 347 speed.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    So they nerfed the data disks. Haven’t seen a purple the last two conquest. Only seen 4 blues total of 2 types. Mostly what gets offered is either protection %,offence % or buffs that don’t stack even though you will get them on most merchants. So at most you get some extra protection and offence.

Just spent the last day stuck on sector 4(common) geos. They were wiping my best team R7 DR without me getting a turn. Ended up having to use DR with 4 tanks to just get a 1* clear. Took 4 tries before they got feared by malak and BA didn’t just cleanse it off.

So with all that how are the changes made supposed to improve the experience? The only improvement I see is forcing ppl to wait until the conquest store has a speed boost item that they then use crystal to buy.

My DR team that is able to take out fully modded and geared GL teams but they die without a turn against basic conquest teams is not in any way balanced. My DR has 347 speed.

It is all RNG. I got 1 this time, Future Vision, but guildmate got 4 disks.

My sector 5 boss disks were 1 blue disk with 2 dots, and 2 grean with 1 and 2 dots.

I really think that purple should be guaranteed after beating sectors 4 and 5.
  • Well it certainly feels like they have tweaked the opposition

Fought Rey at the end of Sector 4 this morning, twice in a row not a single one of my toons actually got to have a turn. 3 toons with over 300 speed and Vader with the leaders resolve, didn't get to act

Kinda hard to beat a team when you don't even get to go. On the plus side it does mean those toons are still at 100%, so you can try again and again, until you run out of conquest energy.

I know CG don't want as many people getting top rewards, so they have adjusted the game mode but it feels like the dial has been moved a bit too far in that direction
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Well it certainly feels like they have tweaked the opposition

Fought Rey at the end of Sector 4 this morning, twice in a row not a single one of my toons actually got to have a turn. 3 toons with over 300 speed and Vader with the leaders resolve, didn't get to act

Kinda hard to beat a team when you don't even get to go. On the plus side it does mean those toons are still at 100%, so you can try again and again, until you run out of conquest energy.

I know CG don't want as many people getting top rewards, so they have adjusted the game mode but it feels like the dial has been moved a bit too far in that direction

Yes, I noticed it was more difficult, but I just figured it was due to having worse disks this time.
  • When complaining about disk randomness (which is a problem), why do people insist on stating how many purple disks they saw? Most of the purple disks are not worth the slots.

I had a very rough go last Conquest because I didn't adjust well to DCS being removed. I learned my lesson, chose "better" disks this time, and am rofl-stomping everything (no purples). So I don't think the difficulty of the enemies was changed so much as folks are using different disks, perhaps?

Disk randomness is a problem, in my opinion, which is further compounded by the cost to remove them. But this has all bean said dozens of times over in this thread. So I'll just leave it there.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    When complaining about disk randomness (which is a problem), why do people insist on stating how many purple disks they saw? Most of the purple disks are not worth the slots.

I had a very rough go last Conquest because I didn't adjust well to DCS being removed. I learned my lesson, chose "better" disks this time, and am rofl-stomping everything (no purples). So I don't think the difficulty of the enemies was changed so much as folks are using different disks, perhaps?

Disk randomness is a problem, in my opinion, which is further compounded by the cost to remove them. But this has all bean said dozens of times over in this thread. So I'll just leave it there.

Future Vision might not have been worth it, but Massively Overpowered definitely is and it can help if people are struggling with certain nodes. Personally I think Booming voice is good too. Maybe not 4 dots, but it is up there.

I agree about the cost, said as much in my previous posts.

• Jo0121 wrote: »
    When complaining about disk randomness (which is a problem), why do people insist on stating how many purple disks they saw? Most of the purple disks are not worth the slots.

Future Vision might not have been worth it, but Massively Overpowered definitely is and it can help if people are struggling with certain nodes. Personally I think Booming voice is good too. Maybe not 4 dots, but it is up there.

Okay, I'll actually look at what the purples do, since I haven't seen a good one yet, figured I should see what the others do.

I completely disagree about Massively Overpowered being worth 4 slots. After 10 buffs, you deal an extra 99,999 damage once time... gee, swell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Booming Voice does sound like it's worth 4 slots, got me on that one :)

Deadly Momentum is sick, if combined with Ruthless Swiftness and Ruthless Offense.

Dread is gone.

Future Vision seems like garbage.

So you are right and I was wrong, some of the purple disks are pretty impactful (2 out of 4, by my count, and one of them needs complementary disks to really shine). I still maintain that a count of purple disks seen is a poor metric for disk quality seen when discussing disk randomness and its negative impact on players (about which we seem to be in agreement).
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    It's pretty easy to get 10 buffs every turn so Overpowered can be useful depending on your team and other discs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Jo0121 wrote: »

Okay, I'll actually look at what the purples do, since I haven't seen a good one yet, figured I should see what the others do.

I completely disagree about Massively Overpowered being worth 4 slots. After 10 buffs, you deal an extra 99,999 damage once time... gee, swell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Booming Voice does sound like it's worth 4 slots, got me on that one :)

Deadly Momentum is sick, if combined with Ruthless Swiftness and Ruthless Offense.

Dread is gone.

Future Vision seems like garbage.

So you are right and I was wrong, some of the purple disks are pretty impactful (2 out of 4, by my count, and one of them needs complementary disks to really shine). I still maintain that a count of purple disks seen is a poor metric for disk quality seen when discussing disk randomness and its negative impact on players (about which we seem to be in agreement).

Thing about Massively Overpowered is that you can get more and have those 10 buffs halfed, I think. And with a good team...

But yeah, I do think that the disks should have a limit for repetition. I understand they are doing the RNG angle so it doesn't become repetitive, but getting the same disks over and over again and struggling because of bad RNG is worse for the players I believe.

Especially since some disks are practically garbage while others are very OP.

Anyway I am more bothered by the cost of swapping. Even if I wanted to see what works best and experiment I can't if I want to unlock CAT after next GC.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I am fairly certain they didnt, and again from my understanding they have no intentions on doing that, as that defeats the general purpose of the elements they added.

There is no proof they did, so no the TB comparison is still valid.

I did some testing on the first team from my Sector 3 (+30-70% Stat Bonuses).
    The team I'm fighting are Ewoks (Chirpa lead, Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Elder) with Overprepared III (+60% stats) - Wicket has the highest base speed - 166.
    It's the first battle so Stat Bonuses are presumably +30%.
    Let's calculate Wicket's speed.
    166 base speed + 30% from Sector Bonuses = 216 speed
    216 speed + 60% from Overprepared = 346 speed
    Anyone with speed over 346 should be able to go first, right?
    I tried Hermit Yoda with 327 speed and Leader's Resolve (+20% speed) - a.k.a. Hermit Yoda in leader slot has 392 speed.
    Wicket was faster.
    With 1 extra speed on Hermit I was able to outrun/tie Wicket.

Conclusion:
    Either my calculations are wrong or Wicket has 392/393 speed which is at least 46 speed more than he should have based on the stats bonuses that we know.
  • I’m pretty sure they boosted enemy stats this conquest. This screenshot was the first action of the match. My SLKR has 521 speed and you can see soldier has almost 100% turn meter. The enemy has Overprepared I and the separatist buff (so an extra 32.5% speed). This means soldier’s starting speed is around 390. This match was in sector 4. There’s another geo team in sector 5, again with Overprepared I, that has soldier go before SLKR. This did not happen in the previous conquest.
  • th3evo wrote: »

I am fairly certain they didnt, and again from my understanding they have no intentions on doing that, as that defeats the general purpose of the elements they added.

The team I'm fighting are Ewoks (Chirpa lead, Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Elder) with Overprepared III (+60% stats) - Wicket has the highest base speed - 166.
    I tried Hermit Yoda with 327 speed and Leader's Resolve (+20% speed) - a.k.a. Hermit Yoda in leader slot has 392 speed.
    Wicket was faster.

Conclusion:
    Either my calculations are wrong or Wicket has 392/393 speed which is at least 46 speed more than he should have based on the stats bonuses that we know.

Maybe he’s got +46 speed on his mods?
  • Jael_Ash
    30 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It is harder this time around, I'm getting murdered by the Sector 2 Boss (GAS). Every time he lands a critical hit, dazes all my toons and sets 1 cooldown on all my specials, by the time I get my specials in operation, the CT have pretty much wiped me out. I'm using:

Bastila Shan R4 (L), JKR R4, GK R4, GMY R4, JKA R4 (sometimes use G12 Jolee and I'm switching leadership with JKR)

Or

DT G11, DR R4, DV R4, BSF R4, DM 5* (was using G11 Palps, but he was disappearing faster than the 1st Pint of Beer on a Friday Night !)

Getting killed everytime.
    Post edited by Jael_Ash on
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Maybe he’s got +46 speed on his mods?

I assumed they don't have mods and have those Sector Stat Boosts instead. If they have some mods then Kyno's arguments falls apart.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    th3evo wrote: »

Wicket was faster.

Conclusion:

You are forgetting they also have "mods".

So base speed, plus value added to represent mods - should be the same for a toon each Conquest.

Then sector bonus, and enemy bonuses, and also unique and leader bonuses where they apply.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

So base speed, plus value added to represent mods - should be the same for a toon each Conquest.

Then sector bonus, and enemy bonuses, and also unique and leader bonuses where they apply.

How do you know that the "mods" don't change? Are they the same no matter if it's R4 or R8?
    And as I said in my other comment - since they have mods your argument that we can build a catalogue falls apart.
    Why? Because we would have to encounter every enemy team at every possible sector battle and test their speed to create such a catalogue. We can't just calculate it since they have "mods" and mods are calculated before other bonuses.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How do you know that the "mods" don't change? Are they the same no matter if it's R4 or R8?
    And as I said in my other comment - since they have mods your argument that we can build a catalogue falls apart.
    Why? Because we would have to encounter every enemy team at every possible sector battle and test their speed to create such a catalogue. We can't just calculate it since they have "mods" and mods are calculated before other bonuses.

The base character is built as base+mods, from my understanding. They built the elements (buffs and bonuses) into the game mode so they dont "have to" change base stats if they want to adjust things, like they would have to in older built events.

Nope, it doesnt fall apart. Character =base+mods,
    Everything else is sector bonuses, buffs and other character interactions.

We absolutely can collect data to fill this in, just like players have done in other game modes.

Correct there are variations, but once you get a few data points you can start to fill in the picture. I never said it would be easy or simple, but it does work.
  • look what I found in sector 5!!! @Kyno I think you were asking for proof this happens? I know it's just Jedi Revan but this really shouldn't be happening. 3lmw6w336fly.png
    5ch8wcpvwz50.png
    okwboxf4g9x5.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    look what I found in sector 5!!! @Kyno I think you were asking for proof this happens? I know it's just Jedi Revan but this really shouldn't be happening. 3lmw6w336fly.png
    5ch8wcpvwz50.png
    okwboxf4g9x5.png

No that's not what I was talking about. We know you can have the same/similar teams in a slice.

The person was saying they had 5 battles with no choice other than GR, which I was trying to see if they meant 5 vertical slices with only GR options.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

The base character is built as base+mods, from my understanding. They built the elements (buffs and bonuses) into the game mode so they dont "have to" change base stats if they want to adjust things, like they would have to in older built events.

We absolutely can collect data to fill this in, just like players have done in other game modes.

Correct there are variations, but once you get a few data points you can start to fill in the picture. I never said it would be easy or simple, but it does work.

While I understand that you are simply illustrating this to be possible, it should be noted that you are not advocating for this to be the solution. Sometimes these responses seem to be your preference and I would like to give you a fair shake on your actual opinion.

From the other comments you’ve had on this, you said you would prefer enemy stats simply be available instead of the player base creating spreadsheets of sector, node, team character (with & without over prepared modifiers: 20%, 40%, 60%). I hope this remains true.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

While I understand that you are simply illustrating this to be possible, it should be noted that you are not advocating for this to be the solution. Sometimes these responses seem to be your preference and I would like to give you a fair shake on your actual opinion.

From the other comments you’ve had on this, you said you would prefer enemy stats simply be available instead of the player base creating spreadsheets of sector, node, team character (with & without over prepared modifiers: 20%, 40%, 60%). I hope this remains true.

Yes, I have already said we should see the data, and I am not saying this is the solution, just that it is one for those who feel they need to see this information.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    look what I found in sector 5!!! @Kyno I think you were asking for proof this happens? I know it's just Jedi Revan but this really shouldn't be happening. 3lmw6w336fly.png
    5ch8wcpvwz50.png
    okwboxf4g9x5.png

No that's not what I was talking about. We know you can have the same/similar teams in a slice.

The person was saying they had 5 battles with no choice other than GR, which I was trying to see if they meant 5 vertical slices with only GR options.

4, I said 4 later. And I would have made a screenshot if I didn't already chose the fights. Next time though I will document it.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

I'm wasting so much energy right now but here we go.
    By my calculations that Wicket in my previous example has +23 speed in "mods". There is no bonus TM or speed from Chirpa leadership or someone's unique ability as far as I know.
    • 166 base + 23 mods = 189 speed
    • 189 + 30% sector bonus = 245 speed
    • 245 + 60% overprepared = 392 speed

I did another battle against Ewoks this time in Sector 2 (+20-70% bonuses) + Overprepared III (+60%) - Chirpa lead, Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Teebo (replacing Elder). It's the sixth battle of the sector but I'm going to calculate the speed with the lowest possible sector bonus (+20%).
    • 189 + 20% sector bonus = 226 speed
    • 226 + 60% overprepared = 361 speed

He should have 361 speed however the one I encountered has only ±349 speed. So the "mods" are different between Sector 2 and 3 or the stats are calculated differently.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    5ch8wcpvwz50.png
    okwboxf4g9x5.png

4, I said 4 later. And I would have made a screenshot if I didn't already chose the fights. Next time though I will document it.

So you had 4 vertical slices with only GR as any option? Or on the path you chose? (That would mean there were other options you just didnt make you path able to reach them)
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    5ch8wcpvwz50.png
    okwboxf4g9x5.png

So you had 4 vertical slices with only GR as any option? Or on the path you chose? (That would mean there were other options you just didnt make you path able to reach them)

As far as I could see it was all GR. It doesn't matter. If it happens again I will document it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm wasting so much energy right now but here we go.
    By my calculations that Wicket in my previous example has +23 speed in "mods". There is no bonus TM or speed from Chirpa leadership or someone's unique ability as far as I know.
    • 189 + 30% sector bonus = 245 speed
    • 245 + 60% overprepared = 392 speed

I did another battle against Ewoks this time in Sector 2 (+20-70% bonuses) + Overprepared III (+60%) - Chirpa lead, Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Teebo (replacing Elder). It's the sixth battle of the sector but I'm going to calculate the speed with the lowest possible sector bonus (+20%).
    • 189 + 20% sector bonus = 226 speed
    • 226 + 60% overprepared = 361 speed

He should have 361 speed however the one I encountered has only ±349 speed. So the "mods" are different between Sector 2 and 3 or the stats are calculated differently.

You assume the lowest possible sector bonus near halfway through the sector, that could be a cause for error, and I would also consider that an odd assumption.
This discussion has been closed.