Should CG can 3v3

2Next

Replies

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    It would be nice to have both running the same time and let players select which one to signup for. The people enjoying 3v3 gets to play that and the people enjoying 5v5 can select that. Everybody gets what they want.
    What if I want to play both without having to choose? You know, how it works now.

Then you could do just that with my suggestion too. In the current solution you still have to choose to join. So it would be the same result for you.
    Sorry, but that doesn't answer the question. But on a similar line of thought, you can already opt not to join and play 3v3 so you already have the chance to choose.

But that part aside, 3v3 and 5v5 have different scoring system adding up to a single global metric (lifetime score) which also happens to be a recruiting factor for many PvP focused guilds.

You take the relevance of lifetime score away by running both versions of GAC at the same time, with different max final score and different feat system.

There are other player stats showing pvp efficiency. They are probably more relevant as they don’t show a score inflated by feats.

Not sure why you think my suggestion would impact your preferred way of playing at all? You would still be able to play the same amount of 5v5 & 3v3 GACs as you can now, so no change for you. Only change would be for others who would prefer another setup to get their wish fulfilled as well.

Unless your actual wish is for other players to be miserable playing a mode they don’t like.

Why giving the choice for 3v3 only ? What about people would don’t like fleets ? So it will be a choice between 4 possibilities. What about people who don’t like that the front row blocks the back row ? They’re entitled to have their way too. So it’s now 8 types of Gac.

That’s why you can’t do stuff like that imo. 1 tournament, 1 set of rules, engage or don’t engage, that’s your choice. If numbers show that a particular type of tournament doesn’t appeal to people, they’ll probably stop it. But at the moment, that’s not the case.
  • We already have content that allow for choice. Conquest normal/ hard. TB Hoth / geo. How does that impact your game experience negatively that someone else are allowed to engage in what they think is the more fun mode for them?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    We already have content that allow for choice. Conquest normal/ hard. TB Hoth / geo. How does that impact your game experience negatively that someone else are allowed to engage in what they think is the more fun mode for them?

This type of difficulty levels is already in gac. Divisions.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Let’s just run 3v3 and 5v5 at the same time. That’s another great way to make us spend hours doing the same boring battles. I’d call it “Galactic Conquest part deux”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • We already have content that allow for choice. Conquest normal/ hard. TB Hoth / geo. How does that impact your game experience negatively that someone else are allowed to engage in what they think is the more fun mode for them?

And to answer your question, I like that the competition test the ability to adapt to different situations, it’s another layer of strategy. Sometimes the winner is the one who built the best roster, sometimes it’s the one who put the right teams on defense, sometimes the one who made good decisions running his battles, sometimes the one who adapt to unusual situations, like 3v3. Everything is important, so I want to win some rounds because I was better at adapting to unusual 3v3, just like you want to win some rounds because you made good decisions positioning your teams.
    And we also have TW/GAC where there also exists the liberty to choose: join or not.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Are we likely to see some stats after the GAC changes (more teams)? Be interesting to see the participation rates, before and after.
    And do those rates just count the 'auto' players? Or those that set a defence (like just a single team I'm facing, lol) and don't attack?
    Ideally we could choose between 3v3 and 5v5 (like we have choice in other game modes), keep most people happy.
  • No. It helps lower level players with less-developed rosters be able to compete in GA, encourages theorycraft, and helps determine the “most important” chars in each team.