Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Prev13456789
Boomer8800
408 posts Member
edited June 2021
So after upgrading to this new client the characters page now shows one less toon per row, are smaller now and more difficult to see. How is this a QOL? And yes still no ship squads, the one thing everyone playing wants. So instead show less and make it harder to see.. ugh

iPad
jeiooceyo0kk.png

iPhone 12Max
o97n37is66rf.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I think this is a step backwards compared to the previous design.
    - The icons are too big
    - The numbers, the heads and texts are too small
    - The whole design is too colorful
    - We can't see which toon is deployed and which is not in GAC - this is a big problem!
    - ...and there is still no ship management. I would swap all the current design innovations for ship squad management.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    ...I love it.
    There's a few minor issues, but it's hard to say which ones are "actual" issues since it's client-side only right now.

It feels a LOT more modernized and up-to-date, and a ton of stuff is way more obvious now, stuff that SHOULD have been obvious a long time ago, imho.

Personally, much prefer this to how it used to be.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Artumas wrote: »
    ...I love it.
    There's a few minor issues, but it's hard to say which ones are "actual" issues since it's client-side only right now.

It feels a LOT more modernized and up-to-date, and a ton of stuff is way more obvious now, stuff that SHOULD have been obvious a long time ago, imho.

Personally, much prefer this to how it used to be.

I wouldn't classify not being able to see that a character is unavailable when setting defense a minor issue.
  • Nice relic Tuskens 👍
  • Tusken meta inbound (some day)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It does feel half finished. No idea why MAX is there taking up space. Gear is now harder to see. And still no ship loadouts, despite all the effort in this area. Pretty unimpressed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Tusken meta inbound (some day)
    Ok Boomer… 😉
  • just wait, Tuskins will be needed for GL Ani
  • Personally, I prefer the old roster style because it was much clearer. These new roster pages are dark and harder for my eyes. Would it be possible to add the ability to change back to the old style in a Preferences setting, or maybe add some colour themes?

Sometimes it feels like you change things just for the sake of it. Why add "MAX" back to Relic characters? Especially when you can't even Relic a character without getting them 7*! And less characters per row now? Why make us scroll for longer, CG?

Just a few thoughts. Don't want to take the new style away from people who like it, I just think some options would be nice.
  • also let us sort by relic level
  • Also when can we sort by relic level ?
  • Baibars
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Probably we will get use to it, but my initial thought is same that it is tiring my eyes. I would appreciate to have option as well.

However, I must say I like and appreciate the useful additions, tapping to the faction tags from this update, and removing waiting time for challenges from last one. We need an update on mod section as well to organize and manage them. Selecting several mods we want to upgrade to a certain level would be nice as well.
  • SandurzGoH
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    kalidor wrote: »
    It does feel half finished. No idea why MAX is there taking up space. Gear is now harder to see. And still no ship loadouts, despite all the effort in this area. Pretty unimpressed.

MAX is there to make us ask questions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SandurzGoH wrote: »

Who is Max, how is Max, where is Max.... so many questions come to mind.

Being that the space would just be dead space, it is likely there as a "placeholder" rather than a void. Something similar was discussed in a different thread, but due to keeping an aspect ratio the same, having an element along only one side can't really be removed without a purpose, because you can't make the picture bigger in only one direction.
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It's much harder to look at now. The useful stuff is great (faction tags, mod layout in squads), but the look... God awful, clunky, too dark, too much info in a small space and less to see in one glance.
  • All good...I play the game on my 108” TV. Looks great 🤭. I cannot imagine viewing the new layout on anything smaller...
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    It's common that many people will dislike any change in aesthetics at the start, until most of them will just get used to it. So give it some time.

On the other side, having less toons on the screen at the same time it's annoying. Yeah, you can use the filters to look for the characters you want instead of scrolling, but other things, like if you want to take a **** on a certain faction or group of units, it's just less practical.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Being that the space would just be dead space, it is likely there as a "placeholder" rather than a void. Something similar was discussed in a different thread, but due to keeping an aspect ratio the same, having an element along only one side can't really be removed without a purpose, because you can't make the picture bigger in only one direction.

I'll do you one better, why is Max?
  • It's a real missed opportunity. A shame that probably quite a bit of work went into something which gives nothing.
  • Kyno wrote: »

After the update when you use stand your ground we no longer get protection back, can anyone look into this?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    They’re back!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Problems with this new layout:

1. Gear is much harder to view. have to go into a toon to see what gear I have ready for them when before I could just see the mini images. This is a downgrade, not an upgrade.
    2. I used up all my toons in CPit but it doesn't show which toons are used already in saved squads. r6m9oldud6zj.png
    3. The stars on the bottom now blocked like that are actively distracting and far too busy on the screen. I have young eyes so I live in dark mode but the massive contrasts btwn the darker background in character inventory and the brightness of the relics and everything else actually makes my eyes hurt and I had to close out the game for awhile to recover. Isn't the goal to try and get me to play more? For ppl with older eyes I can see the contrasts much more difficult for them.
    4. why is akbar burnt orange on fleet screen? on toon screen he's yellow still. scunhnv3bgxu.png

I'm really disappointed. Especially in the changes made to gear. It's a massive downgrade on the character screen.

And it's already been said but bears repeating- when do we get ship loadouts? All this UI changing and you couldn't do something with ships?
  • They’re back!

?
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    The latest developer update says there may be an issue with summoned units in raids. Has someone tested this? I'd like to know if I can use my GBA in an upcoming raid or if it will crash everything.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zumwan wrote: »
    The latest developer update says there may be an issue with summoned units in raids. Has someone tested this? I'd like to know if I can use my GBA in an upcoming raid or if it will crash everything.

jn73yavsaa5o.png
    xd95jjqzd8b1.png

Both summoned units appear and seems to work fine, again its untested by CG so no guarantee your run crashes in the middle of your run but the person that ran both teams in raid had no issues