Recent Div changes are nowhere near balanced

I am not sure how most of these changes are beneficial at all as I am not seeing the benefit. In the most recent GA I was moved back from Div 3 to 6 thinking I would be pared up with similar opponents but come to find most are lower GP than me but yet the other teams have nearly 8-12 relic characters up against my single relic character team. Not sure how the balance comes into play here and I would have preferred to stay in Div. 3 where I was doing betting there! And while we are on the subject if you are going to make changes like this to a PvP arena then also make the changes to the daily arena battles as well!

Replies

• You were in div 3 with 1 full relic team? Not trying to be funny but How? Dude I was in div 4 before the changes with almost 6 relic teams or more. now im in div 8 its all the same at least at my div it is.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Maybe you have one r7 team and 2 g12 teams and your opponent has 3 r1 teams instead. You each built your roster as you see fit with about the same resources.
  • Hkeyman
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I have a Single relic character, not a team. I do have several G12 characters. But most of the matches I get matched up to are players with anywhere from as mentioned 8-12 Relic characters and more developed rosters. I am just a bit Salty about the match-ups. It just does not feel like anything changed with the division changes and now feels almost worse than it was.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Hkeyman wrote: »
    I have a Single relic character, not a team. I do have several G12 characters. But most of the matches I get matched up to are players with anywhere from as mentioned 8-12 Relic characters and more developed rosters. I am just a bit Salty about the match-ups. It just does not feel like anything changed with the division changes and now feels almost worse than it was.

Division update didn’t change matchmaking. If you have to put, let’s say 30 characters on defense, matchmaking count gp of your top 60 characters and match you against players with similar gp. Fleet is also a factor, but as far as know, exactly how is a mystery.

So,if you’re match against a character with more relic characters than you, it means she/he has less develop characters after that, or has a weaker fleet than yours. Or your only relic character is at high relic level and opponents relic,characters have low relic level. There is a huge gp difference between r7 and r1.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Hkeyman wrote: »

Division update didn’t change matchmaking. If you have to put, let’s say 30 characters on defense, matchmaking count gp of your top 60 characters and match you against players with similar gp. Fleet is also a factor, but as far as know, exactly how is a mystery.

So,if you’re match against a character with more relic characters than you, it means she/he has less develop characters after that, or has a weaker fleet than yours. Or your only relic character is at high relic level and opponents relic,characters have low relic level. There is a huge gp difference between r7 and r1.
    Zeta-spam is also a common cause of GP inflation.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    From what I see the old Div-3 should still be seeing the same people.

Old GP for Division -3 = 3.1 Mil to 3.8 Mil
    New GP for Division 7 = 3.1 Mil to 3.85 Mil

It looks like they added a few folks in at the top end but it should basically be the same teams/people.

See the link below for chart here on the forums
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/s0/hlar0y1v055v.png

If your in Division-6 now as you mentioned then the real problem is you moved up divisions at the same time they adjusted them & your probably at the bottom of your new Division