Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I don’t like the changes. I get you can’t please everyone.

Similar to OP, why does everything have to be so tiny and harder to see than it was before? I don’t get why you would make it more difficult to see things. It’s too dark and the contrast to the light stuff is jarring. Can’t see gear the way you could. That’s annoying.

Now I have to fanny around with the screen and hold it 2 inches from my face, for stuff you used to see at a glance.

Extremely disappointed. I’ll get used to it like everyone. But I will always remember it used to be better, and got worse.
  • I'm very disappointed by this update. I don't want to list everything that was said in this thread again, but in short you can say it's a "1 step forward, 5 steps backward" kind of update. Why fix something that was not broken? It feels like they only changed things for the sake of changing things, and invested time and ressources into something that didn't really need a change, instead of improving the things that really are necessary and important.

Where are the ship loadouts?
    Where are improved guild management tools for officers?
    Where are new mod management tools to reduce the time people spend with swapping mods around?

There are so many things they could have done to improve the quality of life of this game, but instead they chose to change a thing that wasn't even in need of a change. It's nice to see that they are trying, but these are not the droids we're looking for.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I’m playing on iPad and find it an improvement there.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    What genius decided to remove the ability to move the squads up and down in the interface? I use to arrange my presets for GAC based on what I have available and what I don't... and now I simply can't. Why?
    What made them think this was a good thing to do? Remove vital functionality for organization.

I know! We'll add more squads and then make it so people can't organize their presets! -- Someone at CG presumably.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    What genius decided to remove the ability to move the squads up and down in the interface? I use to arrange my presets for GAC based on what I have available and what I don't... and now I simply can't. Why?
    What made them think this was a good thing to do? Remove vital functionality for organization.

I know! We'll add more squads and then make it so people can't organize their presets! -- Someone at CG presumably.

It’s on the ‘known issues’. It should be fixed later on.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yup, not a fan of losing the squad reordering functionality. I used that extensively.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Great, because I was actually **** off that its gone. I, quite literally, use it daily to adjust squads.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »

Says tomorrow
    2l411xsktp4f.jpg
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Great!

Now if only they could put the row layout on a crash diet. The rows are so pudgy that I can't even see three full rows at the same time. That makes both browsing and rearranging squads more onerous.
  • You guys forgot to including one of the tabs we have been requesting since late 2016 when you did the updated UI.....

o2jc8qgisc1u.png
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Gotta get something positive going in here...all you negative Nellies are killing it.

I love the new update...looks clean, feels fresh, good functionality.

I wish we had ship squads and the ability to filter more than one tag (like Jedi AND Rebel, instead of one OR the other)

Overall 8.5/10

Thanks CG!
  • Way too much scrolling required in the squad selector menus. Only being able to see two rows at a time is horrible QoL.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You guys forgot to including one of the tabs we have been requesting since late 2016 when you did the updated UI.....

o2jc8qgisc1u.png

qn7s97f8ogy9.jpg
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yay, I can name all my squads now! How very... useful? :p

7da8oilzmn9p.png
  • GutStomper
    0 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Please bring back the old squad manager. Now, with new squad mgmt (6/15/21 update), i can barely see the green plus symbols for gear. The left column tabs are way too big and take up too much space. Character icons are way too small, i can barely read character names, shard progression, and gear needed. Thanks for ruining our eyes. Hitting a raid with squads is more confusing now, before the update, it was clear which squads i had already used because they were redded out...selecting squads for raids is more painful now.
    Squad leader and faction icons are helpful though.
    Please revert back to the better management screen. Still trying to understand why you thought this new design was a priority...it did not need a rework. Maybe try reducing your rediculous prices in the store or actually giving enough items for what you are charging. You could also stop being so stingy with rewards.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I appreciate the development effort but the new UI is IMO far less usable than the previous one. We see fewer characters on the screen at one time. There are vastly fewer squads on the screen as well both of which make scrolling through large rosters an even bigger annoyance especially now that we need more squads per division. Not marking previously used characters in GAC and TW needs a fix ASAP.

Making this change while ignoring user requests such as ship squads, roster mod templates, a filter for characters with missing mods, mod level filtering, an actual Gear UI, etc and frankly reducing the amount of characters and squads on the screen at once is a poor UI decision.

Unfortunately very little about this reskin will improve the usability of the game.
    Post edited by Straegen on
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Moving the UI portion horizontally to create more room vertically makes a lot of sense. Consuming all the vertical space freed up to show fewer characters and squads makes no sense. Someone had a good idea that got destroyed in implementation.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Yay, I can name all my squads now! How very... useful? :p

I love that you're always ready to roll for HAAT and a droid is in your Hairy Heroes squad. I bet that last gets underestimated juuuust enough each time.
  • Please increase the text / font size for the character screen.

Can't read anything without my eyes bleeding after the update - considering the average age of long term swgoh gamers, readability should be topmost priority for any UX change.
  • Except for the charcters in relic (blue/red) for the others is not possible to distinguish which ones are light side or dark side. It is a mess in arena.
  • I think the new graphics look very cartoonish, like the way a kids game would look. I definately dont like it. And as others said, why the F did they need to do this, such a waste of resources when theres plenty of other things that a) still need fixing and b) weve been requesting for year.
    Definately.not impressed by this new graphics
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Thanks for the sound fix, I can listen to podcasts playing the game again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's OK, I guess. Adds some neat functionalities, but the new layout will take some getting used to. Definitely not the most pressing QOL issue to throw resources at, though.
  • Alefox
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The new interface is great for the squad(but too little, especially on phones), ect. But where is the ship squad? I tought it was implemented in this update, but nop. Plus it could be very nice to have a mods inventory and upgrade like hotutils implemented in the game or in a windows interface. And plus is a very great addiction to increment the mods storage, it’s very frustating to continuosly selling them because of the lack of space
  • The character screen is where a lot of people spend much of their time in-game. However, I actually had to close the game because my eyes started hurting. Please can you at least put out a poll in-game or on the forums so the players can choose the best roster style?

You see less information. How is that an upgrade?
  • Issue / Bug : it seems that you cannot see which squads have already been deployed from the squads selection tab in GAC.

Before, they had a red fading behind each used toon, so I knew it was unavailable.

It's probably just an oversight, and would be great to reintroduce.

Thanks
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    I can now add inactive characters to squads, this is amazing!
    I'm a fan of the new interface, I always open a character to check gear anyway (its always a MKV stun gun).
    I like the recommended squads, not so useful for long term players but great for newer players.