Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• Renamed a Squad… now it moved to the bottom…. How to get it back to the top?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Why every time I go to select squads to pick one for an event or game mode; and I am forced to look at Recommended. Why am I going to need my unfarmed Carth team for my squad arena fights. Why am I seeing Carth team recommended when I’m trying to pull up my squad page to choose my raid team? So annoying. I don’t need guides popping as my first screen up at lvl 85 when I’m trying to raid or gac.

Please turn that off, make it optional, or allow it to be moved to the bottom.

This might help new players, but the vast majority of players are not new, and this is annoying. I just wanna see my own squads I spent lots of time putting together.

ov5uka8p5ewr.png
    kkaw8lkapc0j.png
  • To reiterate previous posters I have 2 main problems with this recent update
    1) The reduced number of visible squads
    2) The loss of any indication that characters have been used
    Both of these problems are making GAC a lot messier, I want to scroll through my 3v3 list and see who I have left.
    It seems like this update is aimed at new players trying to work on squads, which is great and I think it is successful at this, but there has been some oversights around the longer term player needs.
    Oh and guild mates have told me it's recommending JML squads when they don't have any of the GET characters ready, that would be an expensive dead end to send early players down
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    This update is aimed at new players. Also seems to be aimed at kids.

Are they hoping those kids spend the dollar the older Star Wars fans with good disposable incomes do?

Odd.

This game is dominated by, and literally paid for by, older Star Wars fans with good disposable incomes.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Why every time I go to select squads to pick one for an event or game mode; and I am forced to look at Recommended.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Selecting-a-squad-no-longer-defaults-to-the-correct-tab/m-p/10437608

"EA_UltraSlide - Hi @LendersQuiz and thanks for the report.
    This is something that the team are aware of and currently working on."
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    You can't even see what squads were used in gac, and which are available. How did this pass QA? Less info on screen, bad colors (brown instead of gold), bugs, no fleets.
  • Crayons wrote: »

This game is dominated by, and literally paid for by, older Star Wars fans with good disposable incomes.

and their children ?
  • hypo
    10 posts Member
    Hello!!

can we expect one day to make a squad with ships ? it's a pain to place them in Grand Arena

Thanks !
  • Could we have some sort of user poll next time you plan your resources on QoL changes? Just so we get the most out of the limited developer resources.
  • The Images are larger which makes it harder to cycle through, especially for grand arena. They aren’t reded out, like they used to be, when they’re unavailable. I can’t use it at all, atp.
  • Does anyone else absolutely hate the new character and ship pages ? Or is it just me.
  • Is it still possible to rearrange squads on a tab, move one up or down? We can now move to a different tab, but I'm not seeing how to reorder on the existing tab.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Starring and gear is more difficult to see, not be able to see what units are used, some recommended squads combinations ,not fleet synergy and in general it's not good for the eye (except for ipad users) Also the recommendation it's way too strict and it will lead to (more) similar teams from new players early on like we didn't have enough already.

A good update would be things that players ask and could make their gameplay easier. And a super update would be a new arena or in general things that would add more gameplay. Disappointing.
  • Could you please create a toggle switch so those of us who prefer the former version could still use that visual display.
  • I think the biggest issue with the change is the fact that you can no longer see which squads have been used already in GAC (and I assume other areas that I haven't tried yet, raids, TW, etc). Why would you remove this? Just makes setting defenses or picking squads for offense more difficult and time consuming. I hope it was just an oversight that will be fixed
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue with the change is the fact that you can no longer see which squads have been used already in GAC (and I assume other areas that I haven't tried yet, raids, TW, etc). Why would you remove this? Just makes setting defenses or picking squads for offense more difficult and time consuming. I hope it was just an oversight that will be fixed

This is the biggest issue to me. Aesthetics are.. whatever. I assume they have to update them from time to time to keep the game looking fresh and draw in newer players. I'd rather focus their attention to criticisms of function, like this.
  • Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It's much worse than the previous screen. Yes, having accessibility improved is smart, however, execution failed. Everything is so tiny now for characters, yet ships are still large (this makes no sense).

The colors are too vivid and you can't see the little red notifications that an upgrade is available on Relic DS characters as the reds are the same and bleed together. The green gear icon is way too small as well! Why not just add the nav column on the left but keep everything looking the same? Yes you would only be able to show 5-6 columns of characters, but it would look so much better.
  • Stop wasting your resources on things like bad toon portrait updates and "QOL" changes that no one requested
  • While I appreciate the time and effort made to improve the squad management tool, I would also ask that the same system be implemented for ships. It seems like this was a missed opportunity when time and resources were being dedicated to this system anyway.
  • Why can we no longer rearrange squads up and down in a given tab? The only option now is to move them to another tab?? Terrible update for grand arena and TB loadouts when you need to use a specific squad in a specific territory.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    JorgeLucas wrote: »
    Why can we no longer rearrange squads up and down in a given tab? The only option now is to move them to another tab?? Terrible update for grand arena and TB loadouts when you need to use a specific squad in a specific territory.

If that is your only beef, then you're in luck. That will be fixed today.
  • Rckhnd
    45 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »

and their children ?

Agreed with Crayons. Now that I’m a retired Boomer, I have WAY more time on my hands to play, and extra change in my pocket to buy crystals.
  • Dace_Prow
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    When you create a new squad in the new interface, and try to name it, it prefills the name with "Default" - which is stupid, since you never want to name it default and have to backspace over it.

Sugestion:
    (a) automatically populate the name with the name of the squad leader (like in mod loadouts) -- if we are dealing with a tab where the "unique" tickbox is set, this will always give a reasonable name for the squad.
    or
    (b) automatically populate the name with the faction of the squad leader ( I prefer a based on how I play but maybe some people would like (b))

• el_mago wrote: »
    JorgeLucas wrote: »
    Why can we no longer rearrange squads up and down in a given tab? The only option now is to move them to another tab?? Terrible update for grand arena and TB loadouts when you need to use a specific squad in a specific territory.

If that is your only beef, then you're in luck. That will be fixed today.
    Certainly not my only beef. The aesthetics leave much to be desired — relics are too vibrant; there are less characters per row now, so more scrolling is required; why is MAX still there; rarity stars are obnoxiously big, and there’s no reason for them to be there for any 7* toon; still can’t sort by relic level; still no fleet loadouts…

It’s just that the inability to reorder squads within a tab is most glaring as I’m doing my GA battles.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Just noticed something, when viewing someone else’s characters I can see green pluses for gear on their characters if I have that gear.
  • I’m with you. It’s was difficult enough to use the previous squad format, but now I can’t even see it. Not everyone has 20/20 vision. Change the background or make it lighter…please!,,,
  • I do not like this Update, my squads have been overwritten, by some other junk. Why can't they leave well enough alone. New characters would be great,(oh that's right there's no new SW shows out so there ain't none) so they have to mess with other stuff. Want a real update let me search for abilities like stealth or target lock etc...that characters have so I can build a squad around that ability? Cool huh.
  • I can't disagree.

I ask for a "Fleet" Screen to save Fleets

What we get is an overly bright/pretty screen that adds a "Favorites" button instead of just using the filter? /boggle what is the point?

How about just adding the ability to select multiple filter buttons, so for example, if I wanted to see "Jedi+Healer" or "Empire+Tank" etc etc.