Developer comment on Stand Your Ground

GR1303
22 posts Member
edited June 2021
A very detailed bug report was put together on the Stand Your Ground bug, and it was answered as "working as intended".

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TU24-Kam-Mission-Bug-Stand-Your-Ground-Doesnt-Recover-Protection/m-p/10436867

If this is true, it is a huge change in mechanics for the hardest mission in the game. Could we get a developer comment/confirmation that this is what they are intending and not a bug?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    LOL much wow. Way to make the hardest thing in the game even harder, after it had been doing it this way for over a year.
  • Cfrun02
    13 posts Member
    They made it easier for the big guilds by allowing this and then giving them double drops. Now they tweak it when the plebians are going for kam. Thanks cg.
  • +1, hoping we can get some quick clarification on this one.

We lost several KAM runs on Zoom because of this issue arising and the ability not working as it previously did.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Spears wrote: »
    +1, hoping we can get some quick clarification on this one.

We lost several KAM runs on Zoom because of this issue arising and the ability not working as it previously did.

Pretty sure we have the clarification. Just another stealth fix they didn't feel the need to tell us about.
  • Spears
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    StarSon wrote: »
    Spears wrote: »
    +1, hoping we can get some quick clarification on this one.

Pretty sure we have the clarification. Just another stealth fix they didn't feel the need to tell us about.

We have clarification from an EA support member, which as far as I know is not the same as a CG developer. I'm hoping it's a bug, and if not, it should've been mentioned in any of the latest update notes so people could anticipate the change while doing their KAM mission.
  • Mawuascht
    59 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI we would really appreciate a coment on this.
    Thank you in advance!
  • Launch player. Registered to agree with the OP. I can 100% say we have fails (some recorded) in our guild video chat that we would've played differently if we knew about the change. We've been doing voluntary KAM sessions for months and are an experienced, endgame guild. I know this is the last thing that CG want to deal with today but we'd really appreciate a public comment on this.
  • So did they also modify how Rebel Y Wing works? Because he has a debuff that sets max protection to 0, essentially. If you dispel that debuff, you get your former protection value back.

I really hope that comment is from an EA rep that doesn't know what he's talking about, and that this is an unintended bug.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Was it actually recovering protection before, or was the increase in max protection making it seem visually like it was?
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Was it actually recovering protection before, or was the increase in max protection making it seem visually like it was?

The latter. It didn't recover protection. You just got back to the protection value you had before your max protection was reduced. It no longer does, apparently, which would be a huge shadow-buff to the Reek.
  • BrillCounsil7
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It "seemed" to work kind of like the ywing but instead of setting it to zero it cut it by the %. Then you got the % back when you removed trample. It SEEMS like now you go down the % in protection and any hits you lose protection but when trample is removed the multiplier just goes away so it would be way way easier to bottom out to zero protection.

Here's a fun clip of playing for the "old" trample mechanic in action. We were very confused, obviously.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheConsiderateWatercressKappa-bZp_MbqO2Q3G6R1L

edit: under the old mechanic fives would've gotten MORE than enough protection to tank the reek hit and who knows what happens from there.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    If it is really not working correctly, how about this?
    yp92f13p6jwm.png
    The KAM mission is hard enough as it is, there is no need for a stealth buff.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Malakas
    10 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Well, before SYG your actual protection was at 0 so from that perspective it is recovering protection.

If it was just giving you back your protection % before reduction to 0, I would also call that "recovering protection", but its not doing that anymore in any case.
  • If this is working as intended, then why keep the bug in the system for a year and half or longer? The devs play this game, they would have seen it immediately. IF they "fix" this now, they are severely hurting the smaller guilds working hard on getting Kam ready. Creates an even bigger divide. I've been playing for over 4 years, sadly feel this would make me walk away if it remains.
  • @crzydroid Start viewing around the 14:40 mark of this video. Echo very clearly recovers protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHkcGMZXg8
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Malakas wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Well, before SYG your actual protection was at 0 so from that perspective it is recovering protection.

If it was just giving you back your protection % before reduction to 0, I would also call that "recovering protection", but its not doing that anymore in any case.

Well, this is what I'm trying to understand. We know from other dev statements that max protection changes keep track of what is lost and subtract it from the total pool. So if you were reduced from 100 to 50, and lost the 50, you'd be at 0. If you then restore to 100, you'd be at 100-50=50, so it looks like you restored 50 protection. Are you saying that now in the same instance you remain at 0? Keep in mind, if you lost 100 before the reduction in the first instance, you should still be at 0 after the two max changes. You would only gain some if your protection gained beyond its original max.

And I ask this because of two psychological phenomena, the first being that people tend to blame updates for perceived changes they never paid attention to before, and two, sometimes when one person says they saw something, others start thinking they did too. But if enough people are noticing this independently for the first time, that's a good indicator of a real change.

So I'm just trying to understand if it's a real change or people weren't paying attention to the intricacies of the mechanics before.
  • Wouldn’t this be the same as gaining max protection? When a character gains max protection they also gain protection. You can test it right now in Conquest by getting rid of SLKR’s protection and then removing turn meter from him.
  • @crzydroid Start viewing around the 14:40 mark of this video. Echo very clearly recovers protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHkcGMZXg8

I think that's just an increase in max protection. it's like with the sacrifise from fives. If rex was at 0 protection and fives sacrifises for echo. than echo would have protection after the sacrifise.

I think it's the same here, although I don't understand why echo is only at half his protection. I'd suspect him to be at 75% because with 2 stacks you would be at 25% of your normal protection
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are aware, and we are waiting for them to get into the office to get a response.

Until that time please add to or make a report of any issues you see.
This discussion has been closed.