Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• F0GHAMMER wrote: »
    I do not like this Update, my squads have been overwritten, by some other junk. Why can't they leave well enough alone. New characters would be great,(oh that's right there's no new SW shows out so there ain't none) so they have to mess with other stuff. Want a real update let me search for abilities like stealth or target lock etc...that characters have so I can build a squad around that ability? Cool huh.

Did the get overwritten or are you just looking g at the recommended squads? Check on the left side for your old squad.
  • I hate how I can't even see 3 rows anymore when looking at the full roster, far too much "scrolling" now.

The above mentioned "used" issue is also a problem when deploying/attacking.

I agree with the 1 step forward 5 steps back comment above.

All this work on squad manager & still no fleet manager /WHY????
  • Using BIG icons for squads is unnecessary.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    F0GHAMMER wrote: »
    New characters would be great,(oh that's right there's no new SW shows out so there ain't none)
    The Mandalorian characters & ship, the Bad Batch, Commander Ahsoka Tano, Jedj Master Kenobi.
  • When will the full update and JMK be released?
  • Lots of eye strain. I’m actually getting a headache. Please allow us the option to return.
  • I, for one, appreciate having all the extra clicks on gear spaces instead of being able to see an occluded representation of, say, a bayonet or furnace. Now, I have to click on each of those spaces to see exactly what it is, then go back. Love as many extra clicks as you can give me.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    In ship fight, they show the level of the opposition (level 85). After sometime, every toon is at level 85! We wanted to see relic level on face of the screen for opposing toons in ships
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Because somebody needed to... :p

gw6kha393oax.png
  • We asked month ago for fleet templates - nothing
    We asked for GAC join confirmation - nothing
    We have no more chance to see in GAC/TW what units are already used in the templates
    We have no chance to have an overview about our squads - it got even bigger and you can not see what is left with ease

CG are you guys playing your own game - at least sometimes ?
  • Yeah I have the same big issues with this update too.

- we can't see what units have already been used in GAC/TW. That is a HUGE downgrade and I really hope it will get fixed.
    - I can only see 2 squads at once on my screen now, when before I could see 3-4 at once. Which means I need to scroll down a lot more and I don't have an easy overview of all my squads. I really don't need to give a fancy name to each team, I'd rather see more of my roster at once on my screen.

It's also disappointing to still not have the ability to form ship squads. This is the one thing we all want the most, I believe.

Also a visual bug: on my small screen (iPhone SE), in french and maybe other languages too, the text for "show modules" and "unique only" are on top of each other and go out of the screen.
  • I found a fun new visual bug. In GAC every enemy toon that isn't relic'd is shown like they're g1- 82au5uhe8td1.png That T3-M4 is actually g12.
  • You can count me as part of the crowd that does not like the new screen for the characters and ships.

I'm playing on a phone, and losing approx 15% of my screen which makes the characters/ships looks squished, plus shrinking the font size. But I do understand the need to keep 5 per row.

Plus still no "Squads" section for Ships :(

Just an opinion.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    All the stars below each toon is super distracting and annoying. There's way too much clutter added on this update...roll it back and then give us fleet squads, that's literally the only thing anyone wants.
  • It's now harder to find gear when you want to craft something for scavenger or check your numbers when hoarding. Why just a tick now??
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Another thing i noticed in recommended squads, why a new player now has to make/upgrade/gear TWO different teams to get Palpatine and Thrawn when he can get both with Phoenix?
    Isn't this a slow down for a new player? I seriously don't get this update.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Terkac11 wrote: »
    Another thing i noticed in recommended squads, why a new player now has to make/upgrade/gear TWO teams to get Palpatine and Thrawn when he can get both with Phoenix?

Recommended doesnt not mean required. Nothing on the requirements for those events has changed.
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I think the main problem with this update is that we can't see which squad is already deployed or used and which is not in GAC.
    Furthermore I just realize that I can't finish my GAC fight today because the game always freeze on the ship loading screen before I can select my ships. The reboot doesn't help either.
    So after the above the questionable desing elements are smaller problems, but still problems:
    - The numbers, the heads and texts are too small.
    - The whole design is unnecessarily colorful and ornate.
    In summary, we got a bunch of unnecessary changes that we didn’t ask for, and even some serious bugs that we didn’t ask for, but at the same time we didn’t get what we asked for a long time, the ship management. Great update!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Another thing i noticed in recommended squads, why a new player now has to make/upgrade/gear TWO teams to get Palpatine and Thrawn when he can get both with Phoenix?

Recommended doesnt not mean required. Nothing on the requirements for those events has changed.

I don't think that a new player who doesn't know anything about the game will understand the difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't think that a new player who doesn't know anything about the game will understand the difference.

There is quite a bit of learning between new and not knowing anything and unlocking your first journey guide toon, but duly noted.
  • Kyno wrote: »

There is quite a bit of learning between new and not knowing anything and unlocking your first journey guide toon, but duly noted.

Having met quite a few new players asking for the "optimal" team to unlock GMY, I will politely disagree with you :smiley: I've met many new players surprised that Phoenix can unlock EP & Thrawn. They thought it'd only work for Thrawn. (Don't ask me why, I really don't know)
  • ApoJake
    16 posts Member
    So can we not move our saved squads up and down the list. The button says "Rename & Arrange" but I can't seem to figure out a way to actually arrange my squads...
  • What I like:

Clickable tags
    Recommended squads is interesting
    Squads being a tab
    The tabs on the side as a whole is nice

What I don’t like:

The tiny gear boxes, seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I used to be able to scroll through looking for a toon that needed a certain piece that I would need in the future for a toon (eg when working on GL reqs) and find another toon that needed that gear to see what I needed for it. Now I have to manually go through every character to see if they might need it. Why can’t we just have an inventory or a search function for certain gear pieces. It’s also much harder to see the green cross now.

The stars at the bottom are bad
    The tiny writing
    The contrast that hurts my eyes
    The ships tiles being huge compared to toons

The old version was far superior. This is just over designed rubbish. One step forward 3 steps back.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Not all new players have the time or the appetite to go through forums. A new player will see the recommendations and most of the time he will follow the game recommendations. Just as many follow the ingame mod recommendation.
    If you wanna make recommendations then put ALL the possible combinations for getting a journey guide toon and let the new player scroll down and decide what combination suits him. Just a thought.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ApoJake wrote: »
    So can we not move our saved squads up and down the list. The button says "Rename & Arrange" but I can't seem to figure out a way to actually arrange my squads...

It will be fixed according the the wonderful dev post that made me smile when I read it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    It would be nice if they could add a fleet tab to organize ships.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TVF wrote: »
    ApoJake wrote: »

It will be fixed according the the wonderful dev post that made me smile when I read it.

I see it's fixed now with the latest update. Thank you.
  • I just bought a new magnifier to see my roster !! Much better now lol
  • JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.
  • Once a character gets to 7 stars

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Then don’t show stars CG too much clutter