Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I definitely spotted two JML's in my Arena in just a few days after release. I remember the conversation it sparked at the speed of acquisition. I fully expect JMK will be the same.
  • Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.

Google Play Users have no energy cap because of the points packs
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    On top of this, I have 144/144 on LS tickets with 9/10 ult mats
    So i can complete Luke's event, and start Kenobi's with 74 tickets
  • Probably in an update around 5-7PM EST, just to troll us. I was really hoping for an unlock first thing this morning.

Ah yes, trolling us by scheduling the update for when updates usually are. I feel so trolled
  • Probably in an update around 5-7PM EST, just to troll us. I was really hoping for an unlock first thing this morning.

Ah yes, trolling us by scheduling the update for when updates usually are. I feel so trolled

they did release a video saying he was here. I know it's CG so words are meaningless but they're the ones that posted it early.
  • Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.
    Probably in an update around 5-7PM EST, just to troll us. I was really hoping for an unlock first thing this morning.

they did release a video saying he was here. I know it's CG so words are meaningless but they're the ones that posted it early.

It is a global game so people in some countries probably have it already available or it could just be typical CG communication that give cryptic messages that has players scratching their heads for a while.

JMK is releasing today for everyone at the exact same time; no one in any country is getting it sooner than a couple hours from now just because their time zone has them on the 17th or anything. CG doesn't stagger releases on time zones.
    Probably in an update around 5-7PM EST, just to troll us. I was really hoping for an unlock first thing this morning.

It is a global game so people in some countries probably have it already available or it could just be typical CG communication that give cryptic messages that has players scratching their heads for a while.

It’s available to everyone at the same time, it is not a X time per time zone
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

JMK is releasing today for everyone at the exact same time; no one in any country is getting it sooner than a couple hours from now just because their time zone has them on the 17th or anything. CG doesn't stagger releases on time zones.

This.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

A shardmate i fight on a regular basis has 39k energy ready to go. I’m ready to have the low ground by tomorrow ^^
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    love release days when people ask where things are and knowing they always release update at the same time. Party on!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I feel like it doesn't really matter if JMK is out now or in a few hours, it doesn't affect my sunny disposition in the slightest. B)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    love release days when people ask where things are and knowing they always release update at the same time. Party on!

We fear the reality, but hope for something earlier!

• TVF wrote: »
    I feel like it doesn't really matter if JMK is out now or in a few hours, it doesn't affect my sunny disposition in the slightest. B)

that's the attitude we need here! Right there with ya..
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK
  • LordDirt wrote: »

you never know, one day CG might surprise us :wink:
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

Next time you should try lsgeotb instead of hoth
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    they did release the third set of JMK requirements early
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • People are only asking because we want to watch Ahnaldt, probably the best thing about the game
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Takes around 25k energy to unlock and ultimate. Ahnald had 30k. A few other post have shown a few whales at that at more. Using the Google Play bonuses.

• Ravens1113 wrote: »

I was not aware arena is the only game mode available.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I have an easier time with jml lead vs jkl lead.
    I have an easier time with jkr lead vs jml lead.

Without focus, it should take about 2 weeks to collect enough mats to unlock ultimates. It’s not a high price to pay to have an easier time imo, especially because it has uses in tb and gac.

However, the matchmaking cost is high for such a luxury. Not enough to give me regrets too, but barely.

JML as leader in LS Geo with his ult has not failed to 4/4 for me no matter the jedi I put with him. Also his ult is cool.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    I definitely spotted two JML's in my Arena in just a few days after release. I remember the conversation it sparked at the speed of acquisition. I fully expect JMK will be the same.

I just found out that google play users don't have an energy cap so I stand corrected. iOS users are chained to the limit of refreshes I guess so you are probably right. I didn't have JML or SEE in my arena for at least a week after release so I guess my arena is full of iOS users or non whale google play who didn't have google play points in abundance.

It doesnt have to do with having an energy cap or not. US android users get play points for any spending they do in the play store (not on just this game) there are then packs that have energy that can be redeemed with the points.
    The energy is not sitting in game it sitting in unconverted play points in the play store.
    IIRC there is still an energy cap of what you can purchase with crystals however other ways of purchasing energy can go over this cap

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.
  • Shaddess wrote: »

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

Except some of us use him exclusively as a Kylo auto-counter, and the Ult isn't needed
    Kenobi Ult early > Luke Ult

Congrats on following the wrong crowd though
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

JML as leader in LS Geo with his ult has not failed to 4/4 for me no matter the jedi I put with him. Also his ult is cool.

Many of you are saying like you need JML with Ult to do 4/4 in LSTB. That's completely wrong! I do LSTB 4/4 with JML lead WITHOUT his Ultimate consistently just using him and a bunch of left-over Jedis. So I can even split the teams and run JKL leading a second team (and do 4/4 there as well). You just need to know how to mod and play him right.

I agree with @Ravens1113. JML's Ult is totally waste of mats (for now at least). I can excel in every game mode in this game with JML without his ult. I spent JML's mats to get Rey's ult. And that was one of the best investment decision I made ingame. You can't imagine how easy it was to get Rey event tier 6 done with her ult already unlocked. Now I have 10 mats saved up for JMK (actually for SEE, as I'm going for him next).