Jedi Master Kenobi

Prev1345
Where is he???? lol

I feel like Thor in Infinity War.......BRING ME KENOBI!!!!

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

JML as leader in LS Geo with his ult has not failed to 4/4 for me no matter the jedi I put with him. Also his ult is cool.

His ultimate is cool, but now that I’m about to unlock rey, I wish I would’ve saved those mats for her ultimate since I don’t run JML lead in arena anymore and always finish top 20 without effort using JKR, and could go higher when I try to time the payout right.

I’ve won plenty in LS Geo Tb without using his ultimate honestly. Does it help in PVE? For sure, but it’s not a make or break for me. I can still complete it.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

Next time you should try lsgeotb instead of hoth

It’s cute you assume I don’t/it isn’t possible to 4/4 LSgeo without JML’s ultimate ability.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    TVF wrote: »
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies.

In assault battle under jkl lead, around wave 6. No raisin please !

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    My JML is at +136 speed (not really slow nor fast and that's just fine) and +75.5k protection from mods making it a total of 126k at R7 - resulting in ~75.5k true dmg hits on each IT. That's good enough to take out either SLKRs or Reys with some leftover jedi and do well in LS Geo TB. For arena it's either JKR lead as default team, JML lead vs SLKR on auto after taking out Red and SLKR vs SEE on auto. Any sort of assault battle can be done with JKR or JKL lead. Conquest battles are over too quickly anyway. The only place where his ult would really make a slight difference is LS Geo as it would make it a bit easier. Is that worth it for me (and many others)? Seemingly not. I rather use him as an "ult stash" to have early access to ults that have a much higher impact or even elevate the GL to a completely new level of power like it's the case with SLKR and SEE.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    My JML is at +136 speed (not really slow nor fast and that's just fine) and +75.5k protection from mods making it a total of 126k at R7 - resulting in ~75.5k true dmg hits on each IT. That's good enough to take out either SLKRs or Reys with some leftover jedi and do well in LS Geo TB. For arena it's either JKR lead as default team, JML lead vs SLKR on auto after taking out Red and SLKR vs SEE on auto. Any sort of assault battle can be done with JKR or JKL lead. Conquest battles are over too quickly anyway. The only place where his ult would really make a slight difference is LS Geo as it would make it a bit easier. Is that worth it for me (and many others)? Seemingly not. I rather use him as an "ult stash" to have early access to ults that have a much higher impact or even elevate the GL to a completely new level of power like it's the case with SLKR and SEE.

This.
    The ultimate can really only shine in the LSTB but even there it's not a must-have.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies.

Proof?
  • th3evo wrote: »
    The ultimate can really only shine in the LSTB
    That is simply not true.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    th3evo wrote: »
    That is simply not true.

Oh really, where else does it shine? Certainly not in arena or grand arena - by the time you get to your ultimate the battle is already decided. You can reach the ultimate but it does not "shine".
    Assault Battles, Conquest or Galactic Challenges - nope. Raids - definitely not in CPit.
  • th3evo wrote: »
    That is simply not true.

Oh really, where else does it shine? Certainly not in arena or grand arena
    That's exactly where it does. Unless you want to use one jedi team instead of being able to split them in 3.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Proof?

You don’t take my word for it ? Ok…if it REALLY get me cookies, I’ll make a video next time ;)
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    That is simply not true.

That's exactly where it does. Unless you want to use one jedi team instead of being able to split them in 3.

Maybe in 5v5 offense but not defense or in 3v3. Also I'm not sure if it "shines" - I guess it depends on who you are fighting against.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    That is simply not true.

Maybe in 5v5 offense but not defense or in 3v3. Also I'm not sure if it "shines" - I guess it depends on who you are fighting against.

It actually is pretty useful in 3v3 against rey. Jml, hyoda, jkl/gas. Keep spamming the leadership ability to get to the ult, survive reys ult then take her out easy. It may work without it but it's definitely useful.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member

Proof?

Wave 4 of AB.
    0qg1w4hgbf9r.jpeg
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »

It actually is pretty useful in 3v3 against rey. Jml, hyoda, jkl/gas. Keep spamming the leadership ability to get to the ult, survive reys ult then take her out easy. It may work without it but it's definitely useful.

Did you miss the part where I was responding to a comment talking about splitting the best Jedi?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

Did you miss the part where I was responding to a comment talking about splitting the best Jedi?

But that is still splitting jedi in 3v3 so I'd say my comment is still relevant. Jkr, gmy, jolee... jml, hyoda, gas.... jkl, bast, ezra etc. But all that's irrelevant since you are focused on his ultimate being useless and fail to acknowledge that this isn't the case when people have explained and given examples that it is actually useful.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    That is simply not true.

Oh really, where else does it shine? Certainly not in arena or grand arena - by the time you get to your ultimate the battle is already decided. You can reach the ultimate but it does not "shine".
    Assault Battles, Conquest or Galactic Challenges - nope. Raids - definitely not in CPit.

Also not sure how you could respond like that trying to be smart where you made the comment above that it isn't useful in GA where I just explained how it was.....
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

But that is still splitting jedi in 3v3 so I'd say my comment is still relevant. Jkr, gmy, jolee... jml, hyoda, gas.... jkl, bast, ezra etc. But all that's irrelevant since you are focused on his ultimate being useless and fail to acknowledge that this isn't the case when people have explained and given examples that it is actually useful.

By comparison with Rey’s ultimate and its utility, and very early testing for JMK; JML’s is the least useful. If he is not the leader, outside of random instances in AB’s (standby for your oatmeal raisin cookies), his ultimate is not useful, practical or possible to launch. Does it have its niches? Yes. It by comparison to Rey or JMK, it’s the worst of the 3 (so far)
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

By comparison with Rey’s ultimate and its utility, and very early testing for JMK; JML’s is the least useful. If he is not the leader, outside of random instances in AB’s (standby for your oatmeal raisin cookies), his ultimate is not useful, practical or possible to launch. Does it have its niches? Yes. It by comparison to Rey or JMK, it’s the worst of the 3 (so far)

Not disagreeing with you there but was just trying to point out it is useful in certain situations.
    I get to my ult in most matches in squad arena cause I run jml lead, I get to his ultimate in the assault battles sincesinup I run jml lead up to tier 2, In lstb his ult is very handy and easily achieved and as I stated in 3v3 especially, I can take down any rey, kylo or jml squad by getting my jml to his ult fast.

Is it perfect, definitely not but I still don't regret putting it on my jml.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

That is simply not true.

Also not sure how you could respond like that trying to be smart where you made the comment above that it isn't useful in GA where I just explained how it was.....

JML paired with JKR, JKLS or GAS will pretty much always be good - with or without the ultimate. Even you said that -"It may work without it".
    I never said that it is useless. I would appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth. I said it doesn't shine in most gamemodes - that doesn't make it useless.
    The ultimate has its uses and it can make battles easier but it is not absolutely necessary. Fighting Rey, SLKR or SEE without their ultimates is noticeably different and easier. You can't say the same about JML.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

Oh really, where else does it shine? Certainly not in arena or grand arena - by the time you get to your ultimate the battle is already decided.

Pretty sure saying "certainly not in arena or grand arena" is meaning that it is useless in those modes but you can split hairs if you like.
    Also if you run jml with lesser jedi then what you mentioned then his ult is hugely important in battle. This may be needed in TW or GA and I gave other examples above where I have found his ultimate useful.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh really, where else does it shine? Certainly not in arena or grand arena - by the time you get to your ultimate the battle is already decided.

Pretty sure saying "certainly not in arena or grand arena" is meaning that it is useless in those modes but you can split hairs if you like.
    Also if you run jml with lesser jedi then what you mentioned then his ult is hugely important in battle. This may be needed in TW or GA and I gave other examples above where I have found his ultimate useful.

I guess I can't do much about you deciding that "doesn't shine" = "useless" but that's not how I meant it.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member

Proof?

You don’t take my word for it ? Ok…if it REALLY get me cookies, I’ll make a video next time ;)

This is true and well known, you can get JML Ult under JKL lead in that separatist AB, especially in Challenge Tier 3 because the enemies are tanky
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member

Agree with everything you said (except oatmeal raisin) ! I had the opportunity to face a r8 ultimate Ken with kam last night and beat it with jml lead. Can’t say if ultimate was useful (maybe I could have beat it,the same way with jkr lead), but it was game over with it.
  • JML has the worst ult compared to other GLs. Not saying it's useless, but if you look at what the rest do its underwhelming.

JMK might be top 2
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    JML has the worst ult compared to other GLs. Not saying it's useless, but if you look at what the rest do its underwhelming.

JMK ult might be top 2

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    I definitely spotted two JML's in my Arena in just a few days after release. I remember the conversation it sparked at the speed of acquisition. I fully expect JMK will be the same.

I just found out that google play users don't have an energy cap so I stand corrected. iOS users are chained to the limit of refreshes I guess so you are probably right. I didn't have JML or SEE in my arena for at least a week after release so I guess my arena is full of iOS users or non whale google play who didn't have google play points in abundance.

It doesnt have to do with having an energy cap or not. US android users get play points for any spending they do in the play store (not on just this game) there are then packs that have energy that can be redeemed with the points.
    The energy is not sitting in game it sitting in unconverted play points in the play store.
    IIRC there is still an energy cap of what you can purchase with crystals however other ways of purchasing energy can go over this cap

It does for iOS users like myself. I was capped by the game on refreshes for energy and there isn't a thing I can do to get more energy. Unless you use an emulator and have a google play account, which I don't, then iOS users are hampered to the # of energy refreshes you are allowed. Period. I know there isn't a "cap" on total energy, I was talking about unless you have started saving weeks ago, there is no way to get enough energy through refreshes for an iOS user to unlock him in one day, or even 2. Possibly 3 more likely 4-5. That was my point. Google Play eliminates my argument but again, only for android users or iOS users with an emulator and a google play account (assuming you make purchases there and not the app store).

You're missing his point. This isn't a "CG issue" as it has nothing to do with the game itself. It's a provider (actually store/OS) issue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    JML has the worst ult compared to other GLs. Not saying it's useless, but if you look at what the rest do its underwhelming.

JMK might be top 2

Yes I agree. As an ultimate JML owner, it is quite underwhelming and barely available outside the leader position. JML ultimate does have its uses, but it isn’t a necessary ability imo.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2021

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.

Lmao, so in T3 of the AB, you can stall and get his ultimate in wave 4. Is that same feat possible in arena? GAC? Conquest? Any other mode that you can’t just stall against overturned AI? No? You mean that having Rey’s ultimate would be more beneficial? Huh….interesting…no worries though I’ll send you a prime prune chip cookie for your effort