Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• I think one of the biggest things that most people have mentioned is the UI has become less user friendly. Which i also agree. Difficult to see things with them icons/text being smaller and the contrast with the background being either too high or too low. And the inability to see as many characters as we could before, including their gear icons.
    Also it didnt need to be changed?? Adding the squad editior which already existed would have been ok.
  • The reason side tabs were added instead of above…

Spaghetti code
  • It goes without saying this game is made playable to free to play players by the wheels. There's no doubting that. I just wish I knew that the game was going to be around for 2 years or more.
  • Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?
  • Calbion
    136 posts Member
    edited June 17
    The title update is a massive miss for me, the new look is more cluttered and demarkation of characters is less uniform. The presentation of it to colourblind players is more busy which isn’t appealing and can be confusing, resulting in poor accessibility.

Coupled with the the numerous game breaking bugs introduced in multiple aspects of the game too, the introduction of JMK feels very overshadowed.

Just feels like a very large OG by CG hopefully one they can swiftly sort out and get everyone back on track to celebrate the new GL!
  • Thanks for “adding” new features to the interface by why make it so much smaller since many of us play on phones as is??? The character portraits are dwarfed by their gear rings now for instance
  • Kyno
    31514 posts Moderator
    Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?

No, and it's not random. The arrows take you through your whole roster, not the team. It's been reported.
  • Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed
  • crzydroid
    5923 posts Moderator
    Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?

Looks like it goes to the next person on your overall roster.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

It's been long established that no one does quality testing at CG. That's what players are for after updates.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

It's been long established that no one does quality testing at CG. That's what players are for after updates.

As someone who has done qa, I long tried to ignore this idea. Sadly, it's becoming more apparent that we are all just testers. It's why I wont sub bug reports; cg doesnt get my labour for free.
  • JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.

This is the most irritating part, because honestly I already have 3 of them and they are all useless now. I was hoping to have them to face SLKR.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.

This is the most irritating part, because honestly I already have 3 of them and they are all useless now. I was hoping to have them to face SLKR.

Same, this needs a quick fix patch. If not, they need to pony up some make goods
  • TVF
    30976 posts Member
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    5375 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?
  • Kyno
    31514 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?

That is new, this feature didnt exist in the squads screen previously.