Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• I think one of the biggest things that most people have mentioned is the UI has become less user friendly. Which i also agree. Difficult to see things with them icons/text being smaller and the contrast with the background being either too high or too low. And the inability to see as many characters as we could before, including their gear icons.
    Also it didnt need to be changed?? Adding the squad editior which already existed would have been ok.
  • The reason side tabs were added instead of above…

Spaghetti code
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Every time I open up my squads it takes me straight back to recommended squads and it's actually getting on my nerves when I go between the various modes and move to the squad section. And by recommended squads, they mean requirements for GLEE, SLK, or shiny Mando. Those aren't squads. those are requirements for journey guide toons.

I would have expected recommended squads to, I don't know, suggest something I have. Not something I don't. And in my alt it's suggesting Padme JKA Ahsoka GK C3PO to me for Gen Sky event. Those characters are all at the threshold. My characters that aren't are my sep droids.

Oh, and you might want to work on your squad suggestions for toons. abms7gey47is.pnggaf2opb8kop3.jpg
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    The more I look at this UI update, the more annoyed I get. I mean really. Let’s look at what the community has been asking for as far as QoL and improvements for months:

-Bronzium card slider
    - Fleet squads
    - Gear economy improvements
    - Mod management tools
    - GAC unjoin option
    - The ability to change set squads during setup phases in GAC/TW.
    - Officer tools for guild leaders
    - Higher mod inventory cap
    - Autoing AB tiers we’ve 3 starred.

What we got:
    -Bug is several facets of the game
    - More difficulty in finding what gear characters need.
    - More scrolling to find squads

Are we really not going to get any real QoL changes in game? Any improvements to the gear economy now that we know R9 is on the horizon (at least a couple months means it’s coming by years end, don’t kid yourself)
  • Great work.
    Now we can no longer quickly access some gear we want from the inventory because some genius has decided to hide them among those tiny icons.
    Come on. Do you play the game you develop?
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Great work.
    Now we can no longer quickly access some gear we want from the inventory because some genius has decided to hide them among those tiny icons.
    Come on. Do you play the game you develop?

Given Crumb's message about summoned units working in raids, I think we could say they don't.
  • It goes without saying this game is made playable to free to play players by the wheels. There's no doubting that. I just wish I knew that the game was going to be around for 2 years or more.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Just went through the process of setting my GAC defense and my impression of the new User Interface has not improved. If anything it has gotten worse.

gu832q52g7mx.jpg
  • Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    The new design of the character overview is completely unsuccessful. The fact, that it is optically bad, is certainly a matter of taste, but unfortunately the presentation is also totally bad. Everything has become much too small and confusing, the handling more complicated and unergonomic. Before that it was completely better. Please use the old design again, the new one is a total flop!
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The title update is a massive miss for me, the new look is more cluttered and demarkation of characters is less uniform. The presentation of it to colourblind players is more busy which isn’t appealing and can be confusing, resulting in poor accessibility.

Coupled with the the numerous game breaking bugs introduced in multiple aspects of the game too, the introduction of JMK feels very overshadowed.

Just feels like a very large OG by CG hopefully one they can swiftly sort out and get everyone back on track to celebrate the new GL!
  • I hope for a rollback on this UI update. The lack of ship squads really want me to quit playing after all these years. I have Neggy, Malv, Finalizer, etc and ship management has become difficult for GAC and TW. This patch is not a QoL upgrade. This is an intern finishing their summer project early. I don't want you to recommend squads to me. Give me simmable events that I've 3 starred. Give me Ship Squads. Give me better drop rates on Stun Guns. Are you even listening to your community?
  • Thanks for “adding” new features to the interface by why make it so much smaller since many of us play on phones as is??? The character portraits are dwarfed by their gear rings now for instance
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?

No, and it's not random. The arrows take you through your whole roster, not the team. It's been reported.
  • Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Not sure if this has already been brought up but when I go into a squad of five and click one of the characters I kind of expected that when clicking the small arrows that I’d go to the next character in that squad but instead I go to some “random” toon. Is this WAI?

Looks like it goes to the next person on your overall roster.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

It's been long established that no one does quality testing at CG. That's what players are for after updates.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

It's been long established that no one does quality testing at CG. That's what players are for after updates.

As someone who has done qa, I long tried to ignore this idea. Sadly, it's becoming more apparent that we are all just testers. It's why I wont sub bug reports; cg doesnt get my labour for free.
  • JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.

This is the most irritating part, because honestly I already have 3 of them and they are all useless now. I was hoping to have them to face SLKR.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Just went through the process of setting my GAC defense and my impression of the new User Interface has not improved. If anything it has gotten worse.

gu832q52g7mx.jpg

Agreed. I realize people don't like UI changes, as they grow accustom to the way things work - but this "update" actually removed useful information (like putting different colored "checkmarks" in place of equipped gear, as just one example) and cluttered it with visual noise - instead of useful information. Clicking the "MODS" box is you were scrolling forces you to scroll more to find the same characters because of the different sizes - and they are not in the same relative place. See Hermit Yoda?

dl8b1drgjyqb.jpg

wl4dbme2flu8.jpg

...and I had to scroll down 2 rows to find Hermit Yoda after the MODS tap.

I've seen UI changes in this and other games and apps in my lifetime - this is one of the worst. Poorly thought out, non-intuitive and actually less efficient in terms of providing useful information quickly and easily.

Honestly, I wish they would just rollback this UI change and take it back to the drawing board - and maybe...oh, I don't know...ask players who actually play the game what would be useful in a UI change. Just a thought.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.

This is the most irritating part, because honestly I already have 3 of them and they are all useless now. I was hoping to have them to face SLKR.

Same, this needs a quick fix patch. If not, they need to pony up some make goods
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    JMK's release with this title update broke the Entrenched data disk.

Same, this needs a quick fix patch. If not, they need to pony up some make goods

Unless they just hand everyone max crates, their "make goods" aren't going to be good enough if this doesn't get fixed soon (today).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I saw this update and immediately wanted to quit. The new interface is not what was asked for, nor was it needed. And honestly, its a huge eye sore.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    OTBCreator wrote: »
    I saw this update and immediately wanted to quit. The new interface is not what was asked for, nor was it needed. And honestly, its a huge eye sore.

Aesthetics aside, it's actually less functional, provides less information and is more difficult to maneuver through. I have seen some suggest it's "for newer players" - but it's less intuitive and more confusing than the one that was in place. New players would need a CG decoder ring to understand what some of the iconography is now - what does a purple check mark mean? What about a gold one? It was simpler when you could see the equipped gear in place.

And when you tap "Squads", the tabs on the sides don't scroll down to the highlighted squad tab you were last in - your just "there". Very poorly planned, implemented and nothing anyone has asked for. No ship squadrons, no better mod interface. Nothing we need/have been asking for - instead they wasted time/resources to simply re-package what we already had for the most part. And somehow managed to make it less functional in the process.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?

That is new, this feature didnt exist in the squads screen previously.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    petition: add a switch so you can choose your UI, old or new, i try to understand and like the new look but can't, the more i look at it the worse it gets, can't even see the gears normally just small squares

miss you, old champ:
    l70fpoh7fd33.jpg

I miss this UI. Look at those tiny gears!!! They were so useful!!!