Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?

That is new, this feature didnt exist in the squads screen previously.

OH, it's on the squads screen now. That is neat.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I love the mod toggle, especially for squads. Great way to quickly verify the team has the right mods on them.

That's not new though, right? Just that now it's a checkbox instead of a button?

That is new, this feature didnt exist in the squads screen previously.

OH, it's on the squads screen now. That is neat.

Indeed, but also even for toons, the checkbox is better than the button because it's instantaneous. The old button sometimes took a second or two to load the mods up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    petition: add a switch so you can choose your UI, old or new, i try to understand and like the new look but can't, the more i look at it the worse it gets, can't even see the gears normally just small squares

miss you, old champ:
    l70fpoh7fd33.jpg

I miss this UI. Look at those tiny gears!!! They were so useful!!!

I'm curious why the tiny gears were useful? Already equipped, right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    petition: add a switch so you can choose your UI, old or new, i try to understand and like the new look but can't, the more i look at it the worse it gets, can't even see the gears normally just small squares

miss you, old champ:
    l70fpoh7fd33.jpg

because when buying g12+ gear or building it, even if you've already equipped gold gear on a unit, (say, Poggle for example) the game will still tell you you *need* that gear you've already equipped on it. Seeing the mini gears I already knew I had it so I can ignore the game's stupidity thinking I need to buy/build gear that's already equipped on that toon. Now I need to go into characters, then into Poggle to see if I do, which is only serving to add more unnecessary clicks. My poggle is at 4/6 on the path to g13 and the game is telling me I need things for him that I don't. The game has always done this. But rather than FIX IT they've instead made it more annoying to simply check. That's not an improvement on the previous UI.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

miss you, old champ:
    l70fpoh7fd33.jpg

because when buying g12+ gear or building it, even if you've already equipped gold gear on a unit, (say, Poggle for example) the game will still tell you you *need* that gear you've already equipped on it. Seeing the mini gears I already knew I had it so I can ignore the game's stupidity thinking I need to buy/build gear that's already equipped on that toon. Now I need to go into characters, then into Poggle to see if I do, which is only serving to add more unnecessary clicks. My poggle is at 4/6 on the path to g13 and the game is telling me I need things for him that I don't. The game has always done this. But rather than FIX IT they've instead made it more annoying to simply check. That's not an improvement on the previous UI.

I’ve never had an issue with the store indicating a favorite piece of gear unless it was needed on another favorite character. Once that gear is equipped, it turns to the green dot vs the silver ribbon in the store. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen for others, just not me.
  • In the new squad menu, how do I see what units are not eligible when selecting squads?

In the old one they were darkened.

Also how do I make the power number be in a font size that is actually readable?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    luvirini wrote: »
    In the new squad menu, how do I see what units are not eligible when selecting squads?

Also how do I make the power number be in a font size that is actually readable?

@luvirini

GAC squads not being darkened, I believe is a bug.

There is no option to change font size.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    In the new squad menu, how do I see what units are not eligible when selecting squads?

@luvirini

Ouch

So they let a first year intern design the UI then apparently..

Any schedule on fixes?

As currently the GA is really annoying to fill as you cannot see what teams you have placed and cannot see the power if the teams.
  • chuckrambo wrote: »
    It's a real missed opportunity. A shame that probably quite a bit of work went into something which gives nothing.

No, it does not give nothing. It gives negative value in being LESS useful and clear than the previous version.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I’m playing on iPad and find it an improvement there.

I am playing on an IPad too and find it much worse. The microscopic text and no way to see what teams are allowed in the current context make the whole squad part really annoying to use.
  • luvirini wrote: »

@luvirini

Ouch

So they let a first year intern design the UI then apparently..

Any schedule on fixes?

As currently the GA is really annoying to fill as you cannot see what teams you have placed and cannot see the power if the teams.

Also, how do I order teams?
    @luvirini

I certainly hope that this is a bug that they decide to fix sooner rather than treat like the unending loyalty bug.
    Oh, my poor old eyes.
    I have to echo what everyone else has so eloquently laid out, roll this heinous UI "improvement" (Narrator: It's not) back!

Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • vinitwins wrote: »
    Please increase the text / font size for the character screen.

Can't read anything without my eyes bleeding after the update - considering the average age of long term swgoh gamers, readability should be topmost priority for any UX change.

Very much this.
    @luvirini

I certainly hope that this is a bug that they decide to fix sooner rather than treat like the unending loyalty bug.
    Oh, my poor old eyes.
    I have to echo what everyone else has so eloquently laid out, roll this heinous UI "improvement" (Narrator: It's not) back!

Oh, either it is a bug or the UI designer hating the players. Not sure which yet.
  • Hmm, there was just an update, but the text is still unreadable and the game still shows squads not eligible the same as squads that are eligible. Rearranging works now.

So I guess it is a question of the UI designer haring users seems likely to be "YES DEFINITELY". As changing the background color of ineligible units and font size would not have taken many minutes if you know what you are doing and the more difficult of those two, (the color change) can be if need be checked in the previous code where it worked.

• One further bug:
    on team selection it always seems to select "recomended" tab and highlight the default tab so it seems like default is chosen. So showing the correct tab, ie the one we had selected last time would be the sane thing to do and also highlighting the actual in use tab on start.

So the game is lying about what tab is active and trying to force people to use the recommended instead of their own squads. That is just lame.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

I am playing on an IPad too and find it much worse. The microscopic text and no way to see what teams are allowed in the current context make the whole squad part really annoying to use.

I didn't get that part Oo

Would you like to know more ? Yes

The text marked with red is about 1/4 the old size and so small that it cannot be read at normal gaming distance, it is annoying having to pull the pad closer to face just to see something that used to be easy to see.

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg
  • luvirini wrote: »

The text marked with red is about 1/4 the old size and so small that it cannot be read at normal gaming distance, it is annoying having to pull the pad closer to face just to see something that used to be easy to see.

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

but they made that default nice and big for you :trollface:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

Almost as if the name you give it is more relevant than the power of a team......

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

Almost as if the name you give it is more relevant than the power of a team......

yes stupid, is it not.

But the real stupid part is that they only allow 20 characters for the team name after giving it that much space. Even a full 20 W:S(the widest character I could think of) only takes half the line.

Leaving the whole red area below unused.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

And then using that micro font for the power.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

yes stupid, is it not.

But the real stupid part is that they only allow 20 characters for the team name after giving it that much space. Even a full 20 W:S(the widest character I could think of) only takes half the line.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

Just like players names and the "blank area " there, different languages take different amounts of space and this is all accounted for in 1 build, as well as fitting the same information on different platforms with different aspect ratios. That space is not always as abundant as you may think.

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

yes stupid, is it not.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

Just like players names and the "blank area " there, different languages take different amounts of space and this is all accounted for in 1 build, as well as fitting the same information on different platforms with different aspect ratios. That space is not always as abundant as you may think.

So, you think that that forces them to use a micro font? And that the micro font is not just designer stupidity or player hate?

I have seen quite many GUIs in games where the fonts are readable even on a phone screen. This is on a tablet that has a LOT larger screen than a phone. So I would recommend then that their designers re-take "usable User interfaces 101" class or allow people to chose the font sizes like some other apps.

There is simply no excuse to using a font that is 3mm high to display information on a screen that is 147mm high when in horizontal position.

On a small phone screen, yes, sure, you might need to squeeze in a bit of extra info somewhere and thus reduce the font size at some point. But a Tablet that is just simply bad or malicious design.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I meant the part in bold…

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

yes stupid, is it not.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

So, you think that that forces them to use a micro font? And that the micro font is not just designer stupidity or player hate?

I have seen quite many GUIs in games where the fonts are readable even on a phone screen. This is on a tablet that has a LOT larger screen than a phone. So I would recommend then that their designers re-take "usable User interfaces 101" class or allow people to chose the font sizes like some other apps.

There is simply no excuse to using a font that is 3mm high to display information on a screen that is 147mm high when in horizontal position.

On a small phone screen, yes, sure, you might need to squeeze in a bit of extra info somewhere and thus reduce the font size at some point. But a Tablet that is just simply bad or malicious design.

It's not malicious because Hanlon's Razor
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Whenever CG finally patches the bugs caused by the new update which wrecked the KAM mission Stand Your Ground and the Conquest Entrenched.

5dmypb.jpg

I meant the part in bold…

ok.

This is in the commander luke journeyguide last stage mission as example:
    2vgen62mc7vs.jpg

(just a random thing to show, same elsewhere)

In the old GUI Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han and Luke skywalker(farmer) would have been on a light background square indicating they were allowed units,

The 7 other units in that picture were on dark background square indicating that they were ineligible.

In the current UI they all look the same.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

Oh yes, the name is.so much more relevant. How else would I be able to amuse myself on my coffee breaks?! :D

f7aefd9ah0ao.png