luvirini wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I’m playing on iPad and find it an improvement there.

I am playing on an IPad too and find it much worse. The microscopic text and no way to see what teams are allowed in the current context make the whole squad part really annoying to use.

I didn't get that part Oo

Would you like to know more ? Yes

The text marked with red is about 1/4 the old size and so small that it cannot be read at normal gaming distance, it is annoying having to pull the pad closer to face just to see something that used to be easy to see.

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

but they made that default nice and big for you :trollface:

Almost as if the name you give it is more relevant than the power of a team......

yes stupid, is it not.

But the real stupid part is that they only allow 20 characters for the team name after giving it that much space. Even a full 20 W:S(the widest character I could think of) only takes half the line.

Leaving the whole red area below unused.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

And then using that micro font for the power.

Just like players names and the "blank area " there, different languages take different amounts of space and this is all accounted for in 1 build, as well as fitting the same information on different platforms with different aspect ratios. That space is not always as abundant as you may think.

So, you think that that forces them to use a micro font? And that the micro font is not just designer stupidity or player hate?

I have seen quite many GUIs in games where the fonts are readable even on a phone screen. This is on a tablet that has a LOT larger screen than a phone. So I would recommend then that their designers re-take "usable User interfaces 101" class or allow people to chose the font sizes like some other apps.

There is simply no excuse to using a font that is 3mm high to display information on a screen that is 147mm high when in horizontal position.

On a small phone screen, yes, sure, you might need to squeeze in a bit of extra info somewhere and thus reduce the font size at some point. But a Tablet that is just simply bad or malicious design.

No they use a smaller font because it's not as relevant as the name, which I said. I was addressing the open space you pointed to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I am playing on an IPad too and find it much worse. The microscopic text and no way to see what teams are allowed in the current context make the whole squad part really annoying to use.

The text marked with red is about 1/4 the old size and so small that it cannot be read at normal gaming distance, it is annoying having to pull the pad closer to face just to see something that used to be easy to see.

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

Almost as if the name you give it is more relevant than the power of a team......
    Oh yes, the name is.so much more relevant. How else would I be able to amuse myself on my coffee breaks?! :D

f7aefd9ah0ao.png

See this person gets it. It brings joy to the masses.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I meant the part in bold…

ok.

This is in the commander luke journeyguide last stage mission as example:
    2vgen62mc7vs.jpg

(just a random thing to show, same elsewhere)

In the old GUI Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han and Luke skywalker(farmer) would have been on a light background square indicating they were allowed units,

The 7 other units in that picture were on dark background square indicating that they were ineligible.

In the current UI they all look the same.

I don’t see that on my screen… but I think I understand what you’re referring to; it’s almost like the ‘we don’t see what’s not available anymore’ gac issue.
  • Kyno wrote: »

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

yes stupid, is it not.

But the real stupid part is that they only allow 20 characters for the team name after giving it that much space. Even a full 20 W:S(the widest character I could think of) only takes half the line.

Leaving the whole red area below unused.

xstj2blhhwaj.jpg

And then using that micro font for the power.

Just like players names and the "blank area " there, different languages take different amounts of space and this is all accounted for in 1 build, as well as fitting the same information on different platforms with different aspect ratios. That space is not always as abundant as you may think.

So, you think that that forces them to use a micro font? And that the micro font is not just designer stupidity or player hate?

I have seen quite many GUIs in games where the fonts are readable even on a phone screen. This is on a tablet that has a LOT larger screen than a phone. So I would recommend then that their designers re-take "usable User interfaces 101" class or allow people to chose the font sizes like some other apps.

There is simply no excuse to using a font that is 3mm high to display information on a screen that is 147mm high when in horizontal position.

On a small phone screen, yes, sure, you might need to squeeze in a bit of extra info somewhere and thus reduce the font size at some point. But a Tablet that is just simply bad or malicious design.

No they use a smaller font because it's not as relevant as the name, which I said. I was addressing the open space you pointed to.

No: It is more relevant. The name is "user entered data" thus the user reading it will much easier know what it is even if a bit too small. The power is "program created data" and thus the user will not have the same knowledge of it, thus it would need to be bigger.

Also an option would allow removing the name field totally as it is really not needed at all and put the power in that space released in that case, as that is needed information.

But really both should have plenty of space given how spacious the whole layout is all around, also between the lines.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

Oh yes, the name is.so much more relevant. How else would I be able to amuse myself on my coffee breaks?! :D

f7aefd9ah0ao.png

Yay! The masses deserve nothing less.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Not that I think my opinion matters in the least; however, I feel better voicing it. I don’t like the update. It didn’t improve the thing, which was not broken to begin with. Just a change for apparently the sake of spending up budget dollars (hey, we’ve all been there). Kinda like putting ugly, weird faces on the toon icons that didn’t need to be changed.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Not that I think my opinion matters in the least; however, I feel better voicing it. I don’t like the update. It didn’t improve the thing, which was not broken to begin with. Just a change for apparently the sake of spending up budget dollars (hey, we’ve all been there). Kinda like putting ugly, weird faces on the toon icons that didn’t need to be changed.

"See boss? We've been very busy..."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So, no word about the data disks not working well in the last days of Conquest?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    So, no word about the data disks not working well in the last days of Conquest?

Check the dev tracker.
  • They haven't talked about this, but I posted it in Bug Reports (and many others have too) the update seems to have affected GAC. Wasn't able to enter the final fleet battle, every time I clicked on the team to fight, just got endless spinning circle, and had to restart the game. Cost me a round win plus points
  • TVF wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

Means nothing, as always.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

It states exactly what you said there was no word on, so it has some meaning.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Check the dev tracker.

???

To be fair, I think his point has to do with communication. On the one hand, we are all directed to post bugs on Answers HQ to "increase visibility" because not "everyone is on the forums". I would guess the number of players that actually look at the dev tracker is significantly lower than those that even read the forums. I've looked at the dev tracker one time since it was launched. Most people either don't even know it exists or have no idea how to get to it. And "Ready to release" is fairly arbitrary, with no other information. A forum announcement or in-game announcement (judging by all the pack pop-ups, they know how to do those) would have gone a long way to stave off some player frustration regarding not realizing the discs weren't WAI. I know - you don't get frustrated by a game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

To be fair, I think his point has to do with communication. On the one hand, we are all directed to post bugs on Answers HQ to "increase visibility" because not "everyone is on the forums". I would guess the number of players that actually look at the dev tracker is significantly lower than those that even read the forums. I've looked at the dev tracker one time since it was launched. Most people either don't even know it exists or have no idea how to get to it. And "Ready to release" is fairly arbitrary, with no other information. A forum announcement or in-game announcement (judging by all the pack pop-ups, they know how to do those) would have gone a long way to stave off some player frustration regarding not realizing the discs weren't WAI. I know - you don't get frustrated by a game.

I looked at the dev tracker for the 2nd time today.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Check the dev tracker.

CadeVenx wrote: »
    I wasted so much energy trying to complete feats without all of my entrenched data disks working. I really wish they would say something more than just that they are working on it. Will conquest be extended? Will it be reset and rub again? Will compensation be offered? There's less than 4 days left now and this is making conquest really unfun.

I am told the hot fix will go out today to fix the ones listed in the tracker as ready. They should have a post outlining any details there.

I hope this makes you happy, my friend :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

Dev tracker is updated by the devs at AHQ, there is no need to go there, as that will be the same/similar information as AHQ.

Have a bug/issue. Go to AHQ, if you dont see it listed there, report it. There are both devs and mods there who will try to give updates when we have them.

Yes I realize players may not realize the discs were not WAI. At this point from the number of posts both here and there, I'm feeling like a dev post wouldnt have changed their situation. But duly noted.

Edit to add, there was a dev post, with a note about additional issues and a link to the dev tracker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/246282/known-issues-with-todays-title-update-06-16-2021#latest

I'm not going to say I know when those things were added to the list, but the post was made.
  • Very cosmetically pleasing update! Would be nice to have fleet squads soon though
  • Devs, please roll back this changes... We don't need such... All, of this: new menus, new work of functionality, new icons, fewer character and ship icons on the inventory screen, black holes instead empty star places, all all all.

From all other, this is most silly:
    What's with this new interface ? I put a squad in defense on the Grand Arena, when I start choosing the next squad for defense, this window with ready squads does not show me which characters are already engaged in defense.
  • The part that kills me is why a title update would be planned at this time. Some of the feedback is legit. Players didn’t ask for this stuff, not like we knew it was coming aside from Kenobi. The stuff we do ask for is put on a board who knows where. (Why can’t we save fleet squads yet?!)

It was beyond logic to release a title update during the middle of Conquest, and LSTB - the two events that most high end players are hard pressed to succeed with, racing to get KAM and CAT shards. Why risk introduction of new issues? It just literally makes no sense.

And, if it “does” to you guys at CG, why not tell us what’s coming so we can get excited about it, you can get feedback on the changes before they disrupt players’ ability to play the game? Feels like we deserve that much.

Finally, the Dev post thing I disagree with. Over-communication (especially with large impact issues) is better than nothing at all. Many people don’t read the forums, but I bet a lot of Discord channels pick up on dev posts and then people at least would know a fix is coming. I’m glad to hear the Conquest issues are being addressed quickly, thanks for confirming that in other channels. It is appreciated when things are handled timely :)
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Edit to add, there was a dev post, with a note about additional issues and a link to the dev tracker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/246282/known-issues-with-todays-title-update-06-16-2021#latest
    I'm not going to say I know when those things were added to the list, but the post was made.
    This post tells:
    Additional Known Issues with be added to the Update Notes later today and the Dev Tracker here
    And I just found it was added to the Update Notes as well:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/246292/content-update-06-16-2021#latest
    There is just one very important point, why editing a post to spread new information is a very bad idea. Many Discord communitys, such as @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI and @CG_SBCrumb_MINI favourite Operation Metaverse uses Bots that post news form forum. So a lot of player will see these news on discord quickly. But when an older announcement is edited, noone on discord will notice it.
    w37vyl7jghkq.png
  • Kyno wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

No, because THIS is the comunication channel, or at least CG claim there is.

Check the dev tracker.

I wasted so much energy trying to complete feats without all of my entrenched data disks working. I really wish they would say something more than just that they are working on it. Will conquest be extended? Will it be reset and rub again? Will compensation be offered? There's less than 4 days left now and this is making conquest really unfun.

I am told the hot fix will go out today to fix the ones listed in the tracker as ready. They should have a post outlining any details there.

Do you have friends? :o

• Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I got a pop up in game about another server update later today. Maybe this will fix the bug with the Data Disks
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

Dev tracker is updated by the devs at AHQ, there is no need to go there, as that will be the same/similar information as AHQ.

Have a bug/issue. Go to AHQ, if you dont see it listed there, report it. There are both devs and mods there who will try to give updates when we have them.

Yes I realize players may not realize the discs were not WAI. At this point from the number of posts both here and there, I'm feeling like a dev post wouldnt have changed their situation. But duly noted.

They edited the post to show they know it’s happening. Ok? Are they planning any make good for over a days worth of conquest lost for many who couldn’t use entrenched? Any updates to when T3 of the Rey/Kylo events will
    Be fixed since Im not about to risk tons of farming for tickets to get locked and the game to crash? Any resolution or make good for the guilds that fell short several KAM shards due to the SYG bug? Any sort of comment regarding our feedback about this UI change that nobody asked for, or the continued lack of QoL improvements to the game?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

tyegjcim9w5g.jpg

f7aefd9ah0ao.png

Well this is no fun. How am I supposed to write long silly names on my lunch break? :'(

w8mwfeyilrtd.png
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Check the dev tracker.

Hello friend! I hope you are well. Are you as happy as I am to see that you are already wrong?
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I just noticed in GAC that it is way harder to make out the portrait frames to be able to tell what gear level opponent toons are. I didn't really notice this in the squad interface at first, because I have a pretty good idea of what great my toons are at.

I don't even know how they made that harder, but they have.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Check the dev tracker.

???

No, because THIS is the comunication channel, or at least CG claim there is.

Check the dev tracker.

Do you have friends? :o

I consider everyone here my friend.
  • CrysSyling
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm going to throw this out there---- I used to use my Squad tab all the time when doing battles because it had all of my good synergy teams lined up.

But the interface has become so horrible with giant heads and wasted screen real estate that I no long use it unless absolutely necessary.

Main issue - it takes a precise click to select the team. A misclick and you end up on a random character page. Worse **** update ever.

Beyond that - the primary reason i hate this title update - the stupid glow from the relics has made many parts of the game unreadable to people who do not have perfect vision. You took stuff that was hard to read and made it harder too read.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Why would you do an update like this WHILE Galactic Conquest is going on?? So many data discs I'm using are broke now. I've spent tickets to replace them and likely won't get the next box because of these bugs. Terrible timing on this.