Title update 6/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• Granolo wrote: »
    It's common that many people will dislike any change in aesthetics at the start, until most of them will just get used to it. So give it some time.

On the other side, having less toons on the screen at the same time it's annoying. Yeah, you can use the filters to look for the characters you want instead of scrolling, but other things, like if you want to take a **** on a certain faction or group of units, it's just less practical.

Annoyingly, the one thing that needs an update most is the terrible faction filter... and it was left entirely untouched.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So, no word about the data disks not working well in the last days of Conquest?

Check the dev tracker.

Means nothing, as always.

???

It states exactly what you said there was no word on, so it has some meaning.

No, because THIS is the comunication channel, or at least CG claim there is.

Check the dev tracker.

CadeVenx wrote: »
    I wasted so much energy trying to complete feats without all of my entrenched data disks working. I really wish they would say something more than just that they are working on it. Will conquest be extended? Will it be reset and rub again? Will compensation be offered? There's less than 4 days left now and this is making conquest really unfun.

I am told the hot fix will go out today to fix the ones listed in the tracker as ready. They should have a post outlining any details there.

I hope this makes you happy, my friend :)

Do you have friends? :o

And they told you to look at the tracker, which is an official source too.
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

They need to hire someone to do the job first.
  • I personally love the changes, main thing is naming the squads and being able to transfer them between groups. The buffs being applied icon is cool too.

Can see why some find it aesthetically different so hence bad, but overall the functionality is in my view a step up.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Squad mods is a nice addition.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Whomever does quality testing at cg needs to be performance reviewed

They need to hire someone to do the job first.

I love your avatar brother.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Check the dev tracker.

???

Check the dev tracker.

I wasted so much energy trying to complete feats without all of my entrenched data disks working. I really wish they would say something more than just that they are working on it. Will conquest be extended? Will it be reset and rub again? Will compensation be offered? There's less than 4 days left now and this is making conquest really unfun.

I am told the hot fix will go out today to fix the ones listed in the tracker as ready. They should have a post outlining any details there.

Kyno honestly what does the dev tracker do for us? It shows bugs “ready for release” to be fixed weeks or months at a time with zero resolution.

Would it kill the community managers to communicate with us here? How about updates on make goods or resolutions to the bugs their Unwanted UI update caused to LSGeoTB SM, conquest, GAC, etc?

How about a comment regarding the lack of QoL updates promised? If this was their ship load of content/ big QoL update then someone deserves to be fired. This hasn’t done anything to improve the game for its players. This is quite the opposite. Any “updates” this aesthetic upgrade has brought has easily been trumped by the bugs and issues it’s caused.

Accountability anyone?????
  • Dagar
    8 posts Member
    Can't seem to find the thread about Entrenched not WAI anymore so I'll post here. Is anyone else still seeing some issues? I have 3 blue Entrenched disks equipped but am only getting 1 stack of Bonus Protection, and it doesn't appear to be the 75% that it should.7v2mo1xa4un6.png
    8ok7595attsb.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Check the dev tracker.

???

Check the dev tracker.

Kyno honestly what does the dev tracker do for us? It shows bugs “ready for release” to be fixed weeks or months at a time with zero resolution.

Would it kill the community managers to communicate with us here? How about updates on make goods or resolutions to the bugs their Unwanted UI update caused to LSGeoTB SM, conquest, GAC, etc?

How about a comment regarding the lack of QoL updates promised? If this was their ship load of content/ big QoL update then someone deserves to be fired. This hasn’t done anything to improve the game for its players. This is quite the opposite. Any “updates” this aesthetic upgrade has brought has easily been trumped by the bugs and issues it’s caused.

Accountability anyone?????

It is a way for AHQ to directly communicate what is going on, on their end.

I'm sure they will make a post if/when they have something to post about.
  • Dagar wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the thread about Entrenched not WAI anymore so I'll post here. Is anyone else still seeing some issues? I have 3 blue Entrenched disks equipped but am only getting 1 stack of Bonus Protection, and it doesn't appear to be the 75% that it should.7v2mo1xa4un6.png
    8ok7595attsb.png

Yea I posted about this in the Conquest thread here too. It seems that it has been changed so it’s unique for the different levels of the buff. If you have a blue and a green you will see 2 stacks. If you have 2 blues, it’s only 1. Bottom line, it does not work the way it did before.

They definitely need to tell us how it is supposed to work. If it isn’t supposed to stack, then you better believe it would change how I select my disks. Saying “it wasn’t working properly” and changing how it works in general in the middle of an event are two different things.
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Hello CG

I am sorry to say, but you have blundered greatly with your UI changes to the squad screen. You have taken a very nice simple interface and made it simply unusable. I can see the vision you were trying to achieve, but you failed spectacularly and released something that actually regressed the functionality. For crying out loud, please test your code!
    As for the changes..
    1. There is no way to remove the Recommended tab. Ok, it may be useful for new players, but players at the top of progression simply don't care. We know what works. Let us get rid of the tab.
    2. Why are we bothering showing stars on relic units? Are you planning on letting us relic under-starred units? Please declutter an already cluttered screen.
    3. Squad names? Whatever for? So I can specify a squad as SLKR counter? I already know what it does. Get rid of it. It's useless. And listening it as "Default", really? That's just annoying and even more clutter. Yeah, you use it in your Recommended tab to help the new players. That just saddles all the rest of us with more useless crap.
    4. Size. Can we talk about the size of each entry? It's huge. My galaxy S10 went from 4-5 squads per screen to 2. That means more useless scrolling. When time is short (think CPit raid), I don't want to scroll 3 screens worth of data.
    5. Marking used units. Yes, you have acknowledged the issue. Thank you. However, the fact that this highly visible bug (and a few others I won't mention) got passed your QA is extremely concerning and diminishes an already lackluster community confidence in your ability to release anything.
    6. Lack of Fleet squadrons, still. This is one of those things that really triggers me. It is a huge gaping hole in the entire squad management system and you just did all this work and it's still not there. My only hope is that you needed this layout change to add the fleet squadron functionality, but my hope is fleeting these days.

The only bright spot in the whole thing is the ability to move/copy squads between tabs. Wondefull idea.

Looking forward to seeing all the flames now.
  • The new squad and character interface is an abomination. Not sure what they were thinking when changing this. It was perfect the way it was.
  • I like the squad names and the ability to make squads for toons you don't have yet. I agree with the rest of the criticism though.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Life is generally perfect, so hard to disagree with you (not that I'd want to anyway, friend!). But the mod toggle is a fantastic improvement.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    It’s ugly as hell. Hate it.
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    Yea I posted about this in the Conquest thread here too. It seems that it has been changed so it’s unique for the different levels of the buff. If you have a blue and a green you will see 2 stacks. If you have 2 blues, it’s only 1. Bottom line, it does not work the way it did before.

Does that mean that 1 green + 1 blue is better than 2 blues now?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Life is generally perfect, so hard to disagree with you (not that I'd want to anyway, friend!). But the mod toggle is a fantastic improvement.

While the mod toggle in the squad screen is, indeed, new, it's not really that practical. At least for me. When I remod for a special event or battle in TB, I generally pull mods from different characters/squads across my entire roster. So checking to make sure I've put mods back on before entering GAC or TW usually involves a quick scroll of the top end of my roster - not squads. Arena squads might be the only exception - but that's a rare case. Again, at least for me. Maybe others will find it useful - and, like you sir, I am very happy for them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • make it that the units that are put in `suggested squads` will also be connected to how strong they are, and if they go together. 5zjavncn4cw5.png why to suggest those units for emperor's demise when I have my phoenix built up: d3by598ndibn.png also there is the same problem in grands master's training and daring droid. instead of putting the best squad put the squad that will be cheapest to get from the place I am in now. and that means to do 2 stuff:
    1. check for the highest qualifying leader
    2. check for the highest units qualifying for that leader
    3. do step 1, just for all other leaders, then do step 2 for them.
    4. check what squad has the most amount of power and suggest that.

another suggestion: Long Range Event Planner
    the LREP plans what will be ultimately the cheapest path to do the events, for example:
    for Emperor's Demise - phoenix (as they are rebel and you need them also for art of war)
    for Grandmaser's Training - leader: Jedi Knight Revan (that will be unlocked), Kenan, Ezra (phoenix), Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindu (that unlock JK Revan)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Either allow us to eliminate "Recommended" as a tab or at least give us the ability to move it down the list.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

While the mod toggle in the squad screen is, indeed, new, it's not really that practical. At least for me. When I remod for a special event or battle in TB, I generally pull mods from different characters/squads across my entire roster. So checking to make sure I've put mods back on before entering GAC or TW usually involves a quick scroll of the top end of my roster - not squads. Arena squads might be the only exception - but that's a rare case. Again, at least for me. Maybe others will find it useful - and, like you sir, I am very happy for them.

I do find it quite useful and appreciate your happiness for me in that regard.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    With the greatest of respect ...
    Every time ANY software brings out a new version with changes, some people hate it. I'm old enough to remember the uproar about Windows 95 coming after Windows 3.1. So many people said it was terrible. Can you imagine going back to Windows 3.1 now?
    Not to mention Windows 10's changes. You seen the leaked info on Windows 11 yet?

It's change. And some people don't like change. I get it.
    But saying they've "blundered greatly" and need to "test their code" just because you don't like the cosmetic changes is a bit much.

Give it a couple of months, I bet most of the people who are upset now won't see any issue at all.
  • Zumwan wrote: »

Pretty much, until they come back and tell us if 1) it’s still not working properly, or 2) it’s now WAI and they can tell us it doesn’t stack anymore.

They just need to pick an answer and tell us one way or the other.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »

Pretty much, until they come back and tell us if 1) it’s still not working properly, or 2) it’s now WAI and they can tell us it doesn’t stack anymore.

They just need to pick an answer and tell us one way or the other.

I agree with this. We need some clarification before the next Conquest on how these discs are supposed to work (both functionally and visually) so we can report bugs if it's not WAI.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

We can toggle mods on squads now? Didn't even notice.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We can toggle mods on squads now? Didn't even notice.

We can. It's real, and it's spectacular.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect ...
    Every time ANY software brings out a new version with changes, some people hate it. I'm old enough to remember the uproar about Windows 95 coming after Windows 3.1. So many people said it was terrible. Can you imagine going back to Windows 3.1 now?
    Not to mention Windows 10's changes. You seen the leaked info on Windows 11 yet?

It's change. And some people don't like change. I get it.
    But saying they've "blundered greatly" and need to "test their code" just because you don't like the cosmetic changes is a bit much.

Give it a couple of months, I bet most of the people who are upset now won't see any issue at all.

Except that this "update" takes away existing functionality and makes some other information very hard to see. I do not care one way or other about the looks or similar parts.

An on the changes in windows: No I would not like to go back to windows 3.1, but I would definitely prefer NT 3.51 or perhaps even as modern as windows 2000, if modern programs just supported them over the current abomination that is windows 10.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    wow, the most important thing..

Yeah as someone who doesn't move mods around that feature is completely worthless to me.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »

Yeah as someone who doesn't move mods around that feature is completely worthless to me.
    Great news! CG has given you the ability to express your antipathy through customizable squad names!!! :D
    1w0bbrzevmvt.png
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »

Great news! CG has given you the ability to express your antipathy through customizable squad names!!! :D
    1w0bbrzevmvt.png

I'm glad I could inspire you :joy: