Conquest is not fun anymore

Despite my characters getting stronger this time around, I find it impossible to progress through sector 2 normal. The first time I played Conquest (@ 2.5mil GP), I was able to make to beginning of sector 3. The second time I played Conquest (@ 2.75mil GP), I got to the final match of sector 2. Now (@ 3mil GP), I can only beat the first 6 matches of sector 2. It's an absolute breeze through those 6 matches but the minute I hit the 7th match, I am absolutely crushed. I've remodded my toons, changed synergies, changed data disks, etc...but it is impossible to defeat either available match. Most of the time, I don't even get a turn!

My sector 2 experience went from one match being fairly easy to the next match being immediately impossible. I'm hoping in the future that the normal mode can be a bit easier or at least have a gradual increase in the difficulty from match-to-match. My sector 2 experience went from fairly easy to immediately impossible.

I have loved this game. CG has been gracious with drops every once in a while, and I'm making every effort to consistently grow my team. I can compete/hang in there with PvP, grand arena, galactic challenges, etc. But conquest is beyond frustrating; it's not fun for me anymore and I'm just waiting for it to end.

Thanks for hearing me vent.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I've completed the hard max red box every time, but I agree. The mode had a lot of promise, but the bugs, the charging event currency to swap discs, the increase in "difficulty" (i.e. limiting what teams work) make for monotonous feats that just turns into another week+ grind.

It kind of reminds of ships. It started off with promise, then they "tweaked it", then ignored it to die on the proverbial vine and moved on to other things. I fear that's what's already happening with Conquest.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I have ~1.8 mil gp and finished my last conquest at the sector four boss fight. Maybe invest in better toons?
    3v3 FTW
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    I can beat every fight (2.8 mil) but agree that it’s not fun. It takes up too much time, and they removed the fun data discs
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ZA is fantastic! Love watching support toons like R2 and Padme hitting for 400k on basic :DB):p:*<3
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @StealthGOBLIN32 I'm open to suggestions for better toons, but my toons have never had an issue in any other facet of SWGOH. Nothing I have is getting through either a JTR team or Grievous team. What team(s) did you use to break all the way through to sector 4?
  • @StealthGOBLIN32 I'm open to suggestions for better toons, but my toons have never had an issue in any other facet of SWGOH. Nothing I have is getting through either a JTR team or Grievous team. What team(s) did you use to break all the way through to sector 4?

I used a G11-12 JKR team for both of those in sector 2. Used the Initial Tether tech (the undispellable ability block) for the JTR and the Initial Frenzy tech for GG. Buffs to offense disk set.
    G12 GMY, Jolee
    G11 JKR, Old Ben, Bastila
    Subpar mods.
    1.2 million GP if it matters.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "anymore"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    In my experience with Conquest, the amount of fun I have to entirely tied to which cards I have access to. The last run was a great time, got lots of entrenchment which helped greatly....this run...I got one....along with no purple disks, which is making the red crate a significant amount harder to get while greatly increasing the amount I have to play it. The RNG of the disks and the feats need tweaking badly.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Outside of GLs... CLS, Han, Chew, 3P0, R2 or 3Bac as well as Night Sisters can carry a lot of fights. Han's Shoot First pairs well with Buff oriented disks. Night Sisters are similar. Vader with the MM zeta and a decent team of Empire characters is also a strong squad in Conquest. Vader does well with Leaders Resolve disks and Power disks. Vaders hits with Power disks one shot just about everything.
  • Thanks for all your advice, everyone. I finally made it through 2 JTR opponents with a weird combo of a CLS Rebels, Tether Tech, and some decent RNG!
  • Nightsisters are a hugely useful team for me. Only relic needed is assaj, g11 the rest and they are useful all the way to sector 5 hard.

I use Padme or Nightsisters for everything. One or two ZA disks is all it takes.

3v3 FTW
  • True that conquest loses is edge as it is very repetive.

Problem 1: feats are same from GC to GC. Even in same sectors which mean about same difficulty.

Very boring to score "marked" + "no attackers" as they do not overlap and both are slow to do. It would be okay once but 3+ times. Ewww

Solution:
    - Please change feats / swap them around in meaningful way.
    - And also make them more or less similar difficulty. For example 200 crits in area 1 is a joke. Doing 5 man teams for 15 matches you need 3 crits per match to get that. Even with 20% crit chance you would need only 1000 attacks in all matches.

Problem 2: Also mod changing cost make you use same mods all over again. You get ~20 mods but first use minimal to avoid swap and after get good ones try to match them so that you dont have to swap. Whats the point of having 20 mods if you can use 6-9 of those in the end. Maybe swapping 1 or 2 if really needed.

Solution: make mod swapping have cool down that you can swap mods few times for free. Or have area specific mod sets. You use one set in area 1 and other in area 2. That way you could make mods match feats too

Problem 3: wasn't use roster widely the aim?
    Difficulty is too high to use weaker teams. Mostly using 10 different LS and DS toons. With add ons of 10 toons to make cool down spread wider. Out of 100 reasonably geared ones that is not wide use of roster. Twice a week challenges need more varied roster than conquest.