To be the man, you gotta eat the man
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    Rabelais wrote: »
    The blog post regarding JMK says we’ll be playing through Revenge of the Sith to acquire him, so a dark side Anakin seems like the logical choice for the next GL. Sith Lords are the opposites of Jedi Masters so I think the naming makes sense.
    At that point he is UFU and not a Sith Lord, but Lord Vader. There is huge difference

He is a Sith. Palps name him a Sith lord after Mace gets hurled out the window, and then sends Anakin/Vader to the Jedi Temple to kill the Jedi. By the time Vader duels Kenobi on Mustafar, he is a Sith.

Technically Darth Vader isn't a Sith until he falls into darkness and gets his yellow eyes on.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Darth Vader was a Sith since the moment he pledged himself and got the title. What you are really referring to is being fully turned to the dark side. That's the difference. Anakin wasn't fully turned until he got the Sith yellow eyes and finished his dark deeds.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Narkny wrote: »
    The blog post regarding JMK says we’ll be playing through Revenge of the Sith to acquire him, so a dark side Anakin seems like the logical choice for the next GL. Sith Lords are the opposites of Jedi Masters so I think the naming makes sense.
    At that point he is UFU and not a Sith Lord, but Lord Vader. There is huge difference

He is a Sith. Palps name him a Sith lord after Mace gets hurled out the window, and then sends Anakin/Vader to the Jedi Temple to kill the Jedi. By the time Vader duels Kenobi on Mustafar, he is a Sith.

Technically Darth Vader isn't a Sith until he falls into darkness and gets his yellow eyes on.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Darth Vader was a Sith since the moment he pledged himself and got the title. What you are really referring to is being fully turned to the dark side. That's the difference. Anakin wasn't fully turned until he got the Sith yellow eyes and finished his dark deeds.

So you can be a Sith and not be turned to the dark side?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Pledging to be a Sith apprentice makes you a Sith, does it not?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Tyranus was a Sith despite not having the yellow eyes, he was using a technique taught to him by Palpatine to mask his Sith eyes. At least in Legends that's the explanation. Vader had Sith eyes when he arrived on Mustafar and slaughtered the Separatists. Technically he was a Sith because Palpatine, the reigning Sith Master, deemed him his apprentice. When he fully committed on Mustafar that just further emphasized him being a Sith now. However I will say there was a Sith Lord named Darth Vectivus who committed no evil deeds and actually helped others, so you can be a Sith and not be fully Dark Side
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I refer mostly from movies so it’s subject to interpretation, but from my understanding, with the rule of 2, all you need to be Sith is a Sith master.
  • Raxium
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Why would Vader have to be “Empire”? The first Galactic Empire is only declared at the very end. Vader (which ever version, pre suit or Lord or whatever) can still be Sith - which is the opposite or counter to GLK Jedi.

We already have a Sith GL in SEE. He might get a Sith tag, but he'll probably also have an Empire tag and have more Empire synergy, much like how JMK has a Jedi tag but has more Galactic Republic synergy.
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member

You get turned when you pledge yourself to the Sith teachings, but that doesn't mean you have fully embraced the dark side of the Force. As Sidious tells Anakin: "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padmé".
    It's clear in the movie that Anakin is still conflicted up until he finishes his mission on Mustafar and has his eyes turned yellow, showcasing his turn to the dark side being complete.
  • Narkny wrote: »

You get turned when you pledge yourself to the Sith teachings, but that doesn't mean you have fully embraced the dark side of the Force. As Sidious tells Anakin: "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Padmé".
    It's clear in the movie that Anakin is still conflicted up until he finishes his mission on Mustafar and has his eyes turned yellow, showcasing his turn to the dark side being complete.

Didn’t reallly look that conflicted when he was leading the slaughter in the temple.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Goavs506 wrote: »

Didn’t reallly look that conflicted when he was leading the slaughter in the temple.

He thought he was going to save Padme by murdering Jedi and innocent children. Since he thought he was doing the right thing, he wasn't that conflicted.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Which happens sometime during the Mustafar fight. But he has the Sith title, so CG will most likely make him a Sith.

Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku has the Sith title but he isnt a Sith.

He is a Sith, like someone already pointed out, Sidious had taught him to hide his Sith eyes so he would not reveal his Sith identity. Also, Dooku had a Sith title, Darth Tyranus. Just because we never saw his Sith eyes does not mean that he isn't a Sith. (We don't see Palpatine's yellow eyes until he is struck by his lightning, because he was hiding it, yet we all agree that he is a Sith).

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    So to be a Jedi you must do a million things but to be a Sith you just have someone declare you one?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    So to be a Jedi you must do a million things but to be a Sith you just have someone declare you one?

Yeah, Sith have simpler structure as they are 2 🤪, jedi are more like corporate/state, so there is a lot of bureauyracy 🙃
  • DEATHER wrote: »

Yeah, Sith have simpler structure as they are 2 🤪, jedi are more like corporate/state, so there is a lot of bureauyracy 🙃

Actually a pretty good way to explain it lol
  • Xcien wrote: »

Which happens sometime during the Mustafar fight. But he has the Sith title, so CG will most likely make him a Sith.

Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku has the Sith title but he isnt a Sith.

He is a Sith, like someone already pointed out, Sidious had taught him to hide his Sith eyes so he would not reveal his Sith identity. Also, Dooku had a Sith title, Darth Tyranus. Just because we never saw his Sith eyes does not mean that he isn't a Sith. (We don't see Palpatine's yellow eyes until he is struck by his lightning, because he was hiding it, yet we all agree that he is a Sith).

This
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    I thought the yellow eyes was like a ‘darkside point gained’ marker, when someone channel the dark side like a lot. You’re definite it’s a ‘Sith only’ thing ?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I thought the yellow eyes was like a ‘darkside point gained’ marker, when someone channel the dark side like a lot. You’re definite it’s a ‘Sith only’ thing ?

Kylo, Asajj, Bariss, and Snoke didn't have the yellow eyes but were Dark Side users. There's a reason people call them Sith Eyes.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    Dooku was sith lord and didnt have Sith eyes so yellow eyes are not Sith exclusive but are sign of how deeply you are channeling dark side force power.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Kylo, Asajj, Bariss, and Snoke didn't have the yellow eyes but were Dark Side users. There's a reason people call them Sith Eyes.

And that reason is probably because they don't actually know what those eyes indicate. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been anything stating that yellow eyes are exclusive to Sith, or that having yellow eyes is an indication of whether or not someone is a Sith
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

And that reason is probably because they don't actually know what those eyes indicate. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been anything stating that yellow eyes are exclusive to Sith, or that having yellow eyes is an indication of whether or not someone is a Sith

I believe that the yellow eyes come at a point when you are deeply corrupted by the Dark Side of the Force, and have become a channel of it. But I'm not sure if it is a Sith only thing, and don't believe if there is a statement saying if it is or isn't.

• Lord Vader is almost confirmed.

Can we predict the requirements though?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    So many people spending so much effort to explain why, actually, they are correct and everyone else is wrong about the incredibly obvious and undeniable thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    Lord Vader is almost confirmed.

One Tusken R5.
    Ventress R7.
    JKA R8
    Darth Sidious R8
    CAT R7
    Dooku? R7
    6* GG’s Ship
    Padme R7/8
    C3PO? R7
    R2-D2? R7
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    Lord Vader is almost confirmed.

One Tusken R5.
    Ventress R7.
    JKA R8
    Darth Sidious R8
    CAT R7
    Dooku? R7
    6* GG’s Ship
    Padme R7/8
    C3PO? R7
    R2-D2? R7

wrong... we'll be needing KAM R7 and GS R8 of course...
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Tusken Raider
    Zam Wesell
    Ahsoka Tano
    Padme Amidala
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    KAM
    Jedi Consular
    Barris Offee
    Asajj Ventress
    R2-D2
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Actually I think CAT will be this GL’s Wat.

Maybe. Maybe not.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Actually I think CAT will be this GL’s Wat.

Maybe. Maybe not.

GAS could be this GL's Wat. That's a big roadblock for young accounts.
  • I’m betting on ipd to be included too. It’s a pain to get if you don’t already have it, though there’s plenty of avenues available. Also iconic, linked to vader and pretty much due for inclusion in gl requirements.
  • Please no URoRRuR'R'R to R8.
    That is my only wish
  • I'm extremely confident and have been since the full release of kenobi requirements that it will be vader/anakin.

After seeing so many pivotal characters not used, I'm assuming they don't want to overlap requirements.

I would much prefer NOT to get a vader/anakin and get a new character. Though we do have 3 palpatines so its not out of the norm its just predictable.