Biggest regret

Replies

• My biggest regret? Downloading and playing this game. It's fantastic and I'm addicted. Hahaha
  • Tenchi1969
    340 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think it was being impatient, and spending money to buy 3 200 crystal refils to often. 8 hair dryers not worth $5. Also not getting the junk package that had RG in it for 75% off the first night they offered it.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I opened 1x4 and 2x8 chromium packs. I got Lumi who was a big help but looking back that is only 5 days of clearing GW. I also got GS (who I thought was trash at the time) but that saves less than a day...and FOTP who was chromium only at that time.
  • Randall wrote: »
    I opened 1x4 and 2x8 chromium packs. I got Lumi who was a big help but looking back that is only 5 days of clearing GW. I also got GS (who I thought was trash at the time) but that saves less than a day...and FOTP who was chromium only at that time.

The packs are only worth buying if you can buy 100s of them. What is the point of getting a great pack only toon if you can't level it. Maybe if you get it in the pack it opens the hard mode node to farm.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Well, my 6* Luke sitting on the bench waiting for his opportunity :-)
  • Farming a bunch of characters which I do not use - Luke (6*), Talia (4*), Biggs (6*), Asajj (4*), IG88 (4*), Chewwy (4*), Poe (4*) & IG88 (4*).
    Then I discovered this forum 2 months I go, I went after Sid (7*), JC (7*), Phasma (7*), Lumi (7*) and QCJ (6*).
    Since I am done with my main 5, I am doing Eeth, Bariss and Biggs.
    I am hoping that I will have some use for a 7* Biggs later.
  • Not buying the Dooku pack from the beginning.

Took me a lot of time to unlock/max him.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My biggest regret was farming Nute Gunray (which I did because I like his character in TPM). He's about as much use as a one-legged man in an @rse-kicking competition. His attacks basically comprise turning himself invisible and firing a water pistol. I didn't even learn my lesson and got the useless toad up to five stars before conceding defeat.
  • clhs wrote: »
    My biggest regret was farming Nute Gunray (which I did because I like his character in TPM). He's about as much use as a one-legged man in an @rse-kicking competition. His attacks basically comprise turning himself invisible and firing a water pistol. I didn't even learn my lesson and got the useless toad up to five stars before conceding defeat.

Don't think you will regret that after the upcoming changes. I can almost bet we will see Nute as leader. I'm farming Nute right now almost at 7*.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    GenKillYou wrote: »
    clhs wrote: »

Don't think you will regret that after the upcoming changes. I can almost bet we will see Nute as leader. I'm farming Nute right now almost at 7*.

Really? Thanks, I hope you're right.
  • Guess most of the regrets here on toons might have chance to shine in the future..
    But luke chances seems low, and so many of us regret in farming over him..
  • Tried my luck on a Chromium Data Card (350) 2x and got 12 shards of Ugnaught and Ewok Scout, it was indeed the loveliest of days! I'm an F2P player btw.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Accepting the download
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Downloading the game.

+1
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Not paying attention and ignoring the SIM tickets until I got around 1500 :o I was doing the battles over and over instead of using the SIMs :#
  • Unlocking Fett and mismanaging my crystals. Correctable, but set me waaaaaay back.
  • going for Boba while I knew too little about the game. Set me back some time.
    Hope the 'Fortitude' update puts him in a better place.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I regret getting Kylo shards after I got him up to 7*. In fact, I use him so little, that I wish I'd not even gotten him to 7* in the first place. My logic was that the higher chance for ability mats and the extra cantina shop tokens would be better for me in the long run than another character to level, but I hadn't unlocked GS yet, so that was definitely not true.

I also regret farming the 50 piece hairdryer for Dooku. Hard mode nodes would've been a better buy, or at least farming for easier stuff.

Finally, I regret every single chromium purchase I ever made. I knew better, but wanted to try my luck. Doing so led me to spend more on this game than I'd like, because those crystals were needed for refreshes during the 60-70 leveling race. I've learned from that, though, so now I'm saving EVERYTHING in preparation for the race to 80. I'm now only spending crystals on the 50/50 regular energy and 100 cantina energy, and only to keep gear/shard/cantina token flow from completely bottoming out, which would probably be regretted in the long run.

As far as non-regrets, though, I don't regret having never gotten Poe. Now that my arena ladder has tons of Poe/Poggle teams, I can use a QGJ/Dooku/GS speed team to kill their Poggles before they ever get to do offense up, neutralizing a whole segment of my arena population in one go. My favorite is the Poe/Poggle/Sid/Phasma/Kylo team that hits like a wet noodle with Poggle out of the picture. They're frequently in the top 10, and have decent staying power because low-speed teams have trouble dealing with so much heavy AOE.
  • iPenguinn wrote: »
    Guess most of the regrets here on toons might have chance to shine in the future..
    But luke chances seems low, and so many of us regret in farming over him..

This is funny to me because Luke is next on my list as soon as I finish Kylo. I will have a Rebel team and they will be 7*!
  • DrD wrote: »
    Going for JKG before anyone else in Cantina up to 5*, then being forced to max her out to 7* gear 9 to complete 7* Yoda. I even wasted a 50 piece purple gear on her after reaching gear 9 (at least it was the one from the STR challenge).

GlfsdWi.jpg

Worst part is her power level is 4th highest of my toons, so I get to have her taking up precious space on the top row of my roster.

Seems to me your problem might be related to her abilities. 3-4 isn't really high enough.
  • Irrlicht wrote: »
    Maybe 7* Chewie. But I cann't say that I regret it since I love this character in movie and wanted him in my Roster. And he is pretty useful for GW, tbh.
    Nice
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    Not starting to farm Daka asap.

NOW you tell me!

Daka is weaker now as she won't revive herself so in SA ppl target her first without question ( or extreme dps first if really necessary)
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    morcsea wrote: »
    Not paying attention and ignoring the SIM tickets until I got around 1500 :o I was doing the battles over and over instead of using the SIMs :#

Ha! I first thought the SIM tickets just let you re-roll what the payout would be but you'd still have to do the battle to get the goodies!
  • Biggest regret playing this game it's all about your money that's all they want
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    The amount of money I spent on chromiums.......

If the 21-day crystal boosters were released when I started playing then maybe it would have been worth it but right now I'm still sad at the sheer amount I spent. :sweat:
  • Leveling/gearing/starring up Finn. I was mesmerized by how hard he hit as a youngling. But he never learned how to go fast :-(
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Leveling/gearing/starring up Finn. I was mesmerized by how hard he hit as a youngling. But he never learned how to go fast :-(

Actually I have a 5-star Finn who leads my resistance themed B-team in galactic war. he hits 3-3.5k on his first hit per target, and his expose/stun is great. I'm hoping to finish 7*ing him one day. Is he really that bad? o.o
  • Not buying the Lady Hero package that first week. If I would of known Barris was going to be so **** hard to farm I would of paid the money for that package. Have her at gl8 almost to 5*s w/6abilities across the board. Sure it gets easier when I got to level 70 but those Galactic challenges would of been a breeze had I had her from the start.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I've posted already, but spending crystals on Shipment hero shards instead of energy refills early on in the game is a close second regret for me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Getting Kyolo Ren instead of Geo Soldier.