Bad Batch S1:E8 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev1
I'm pretty sure
Wrecker solidified himself as my favorite BB Clone. He got pretty sassy this episode (Tech: "The power is back on." / Wrecker: "Yeah, I can see that.") and his love of chaos is so pure. The return of Crosshair did not disappoint. That whole firing-up-the-engine scene was pretty good.

Replies

• Ok if anyone has watched it yet, I wanna discuss early. This episode was decent, but it seems to be following Mando with the stolen kid thing. Happy to have Bane back now tho.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Cad Bane was solid. Crosshair coming in as expected was cool. Let’s see who is after Omega; might be the Kaminoans to save her from the Empire. Excited to find out. I enjoyed this episode.
  • When I heard “wasn’t much work” I instantly knew who it was and I **** my pants
  • Crosshair was as imp as ever. Fire up the ion engine to force them out.. didn’t expect to see Cad Bane. The duel reminded me of what was supposed to happen between him and Boba. Was that supposed to happen before or after this event? I know it was in a deleted scene from clone wars, so not sure if it got scraped. I especially loved how wrecker scored a bullseye on the clone with a proton torpedo. Lol.

I can’t wait for the crosshair event! Though I kinda feel like he’s going to be killed off. Seems like someone is going to have to die and it would be a redemptive style send off.
  • Cad Bane being a wild west icon for 3 whole minutes was all the gift i needed today. I really love how calm and stoic he was. Usually he feels a lot more off-focus and even a little irate, but seeing him so in control was a pleasant surprise
  • How old is Cad Bane (lore-wise)? This takes place after Clone Wars, so Kenobi should be around, right? I’ll bet Kenobi gets involved sooner or later.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Anyone know what Crosshair said right at the end? I've rewatched it like 5 times and still can't make out what he says as he's standing up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • “Get me on the shuttle”
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    “Get me on the shuttle”

Ah, makes sense. Thank you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I thought the last 2 episodes in the "starship graveyard" were the best episodes yet. Intriguing, a little "spooky"/uneasy throughout both episodes. The contrast between the huge hunks of metal and native creatures was really well done. Cad Bane was great as well.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    It was a great episode, probably one of the best in the series so far. It will be interesting to see how the following episodes play out. Cad Bane at the end was great, definitely one of the best parts of the episode was the Hunter/Bane duel.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I’m pretty sure Crosshair lost an eye…
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Cad freaking bane….that is all. A rework is mandatory now :P
  • [...].. didn’t expect to see Cad Bane. The duel reminded me of what was supposed to happen between him and Boba. Was that supposed to happen before or after this event? I know it was in a deleted scene from clone wars, so not sure if it got scraped.[...]
    I believe it was meant rather as an easter-egg to that scene: those who know the unfinished scene recognice it, and for those who don't, it won't matter. And I see it as a hint that the actual showdown between Cad Bane and Boba is not going to happen anymore, at least not the way it was originally planned. Actually, it was a little stupid from the beginning... why would Cad agree to a head-shot duel with Boba wearing his helmet^^.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    [...].. didn’t expect to see Cad Bane. The duel reminded me of what was supposed to happen between him and Boba. Was that supposed to happen before or after this event? I know it was in a deleted scene from clone wars, so not sure if it got scraped.[...]
    I believe it was meant rather as an easter-egg to that scene: those who know the unfinished scene recognice it, and for those who don't, it won't matter. And I see it as a hint that the actual showdown between Cad Bane and Boba is not going to happen anymore, at least not the way it was originally planned. Actually, it was a little stupid from the beginning... why would Cad agree to a head-shot duel with Boba wearing his helmet^^.

I’m glad they put something similar to the stand-off between Cad/Boba in the series. I was surprised to see Cad there. I honestly thought he was dead.
    I guess the original scene only makes sense if Cad didn’t know how Beskar worked. Though at the time, pre Mando, wasn’t the Mandalorian armor durasteel?
  • I feel like Cad Bane and Fennec Shand are going to have a run-in with each other.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

He definitely got burned. But now I’m wondering what the empire will do with injured clones and what the republic did with injured clones. As far as I know, the only clone that was sustained injury and still was used in combat was Echo and he was repaired by the CIS. For regular beings, we see prosthetics being used. Han had a fake eye, Anakin and Luke had hands replaced, trench and Vader were more machine than man. With cloning, why not make replacement parts? No chance of rejection, maybe to get a new limb it would take a long time to reach the appropriate age and if an acceleration factor was used to grow it, may need to be replaced more often?
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    The return of Cad Bane was an exciting surprise. (Todo 360: fair enough.) I'm glad we have some higher stakes after the set up in the first 7 episodes. We have two bounty hunters now in The Bad Batch with some backstory, and Crosshair's journey will be interesting to watch.

I'm hoping we see this series start tying in the new (but old in comparison to the original trilogy) tech introductions from The Mandalorian, such as chain codes and bounty pucks. Something that begins to make me see through lines after a lot of retconning that has never always made sense. I believe Filoni is best placed for the heart and the scope of Star Wars, and I'm glad I overcome my initial resistance to the animated projects to watch some of the best storytelling in the franchise. The TV shows together have added such value with their extended scope.

I enjoyed this episode immensely.

He definitely got burned. But now I’m wondering what the empire will do with injured clones and what the republic did with injured clones. As far as I know, the only clone that was sustained injury and still was used in combat was Echo and he was repaired by the CIS. For regular beings, we see prosthetics being used. Han had a fake eye, Anakin and Luke had hands replaced, trench and Vader were more machine than man. With cloning, why not make replacement parts? No chance of rejection, maybe to get a new limb it would take a long time to reach the appropriate age and if an acceleration factor was used to grow it, may need to be replaced more often?

I’m pretty sure Commander Wolfe has a cybernetic eye, and Wrecker’s got that head scar with a white eye (although he and the rest of the Bad Batch probably wouldn’t be Jango enough for bionics for clones). Don’t think we ever saw clones with bionic replacements, but we never saw mechanical ones either.

Plus Kamino was said to serve as a medical facillity for clones, even if it was barely shown.
    TargetEadu wrote: »

I’m pretty sure Commander Wolfe has a cybernetic eye, and Wrecker’s got that head scar with a white eye (although he and the rest of the Bad Batch probably wouldn’t be Jango enough for bionics for clones). Don’t think we ever saw clones with bionic replacements, but we never saw mechanical ones either.

Plus Kamino was said to serve as a medical facillity for clones, even if it was barely shown.

I don’t remember anything about prosthetics outside of echo. So it would be interesting to see them incorporated into the story like they did for Jedi.
  • Season 1 of CW:TAS included an assault on a medical space station that treated injured clones. It didn't clarify how they were treated, when cybernetics were used, etc., but they were made whole somehow, and no one has ever mentioned that they **wouldn't** be allowed cybernetics. I think we have to assume that some of them have bionic parts.
    [...].. didn’t expect to see Cad Bane. The duel reminded me of what was supposed to happen between him and Boba. Was that supposed to happen before or after this event? I know it was in a deleted scene from clone wars, so not sure if it got scraped.[...]

I’m glad they put something similar to the stand-off between Cad/Boba in the series. I was surprised to see Cad there. I honestly thought he was dead.
    I guess the original scene only makes sense if Cad didn’t know how Beskar worked. Though at the time, pre Mando, wasn’t the Mandalorian armor durasteel?

No it was always Beskar. Already in the Old Republic era, it was mentioned in the EU with the full name Beskar'gam. But I'm not sure if this was official canon before Filoni used the term in Rebels.
    CadoaBane wrote: »

No it was always Beskar. Already in the Old Republic era, it was mentioned in the EU with the full name Beskar'gam. But I'm not sure if this was official canon before Filoni used the term in Rebels.

But whether Jango was a true Mandalorian or not was in question at the time. The CW brushed him off as simply a bounty hunter mimicking the Mandalorian warriors, with a Durasteel copy of their Beskar armor. Mando Armor was “always” Beskar, but Jango’s wasn’t.
  • Where do you guys think we are in the timeline? Like how many weeks/months post order 66 are we?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    Where do you guys think we are in the timeline? Like how many weeks/months post order 66 are we?

Well, the show literally started with Order 66, so are you asking how long in real time are 8 episodes? My guess would be a few weeks...maybe a month or so.

• Hard to say. I'd just call it one week per episode unless you have a reason not to.
    CadoaBane wrote: »

I don’t think so. Jango was said to have durasteel armor. Boba Fett in The Mandalorian had Beskar, and now that the Fetts are Mandalorian again, I wouldn’t think Jango would use an inferior metal for his armor. 🤷‍♂️
    Season 1 of CW:TAS included an assault on a medical space station that treated injured clones. It didn't clarify how they were treated, when cybernetics were used, etc., but they were made whole somehow, and no one has ever mentioned that they **wouldn't** be allowed cybernetics. I think we have to assume that some of them have bionic parts.

I would assume that mechanical prosthetics would be a cheaper, and quicker alternative to replacing limbs in SW. droid tech was advanced.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Mandalorian armor is Beskar, but some of them (like Mando), have pure beskar armor. And I believe that Jango would use Beskar armor, since Boba made his armor out of Beskar to make it like Jango’s.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Mandalorian armor is Beskar, but some of them (like Mando), have pure beskar armor. And I believe that Jango would use Beskar armor, since Boba made his armor out of Beskar to make it like Jango’s.

Didn't Boba use Jango's armor? Or at least a spare suit of it? When did beskar actually come into canon? I remember before Mando came out, that Jango's armor was supposed to be durasteel.
  • So anyone else think bandaged up Crosshair looked like Dengar?