Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    3 battles left to get the last event feat (50 DS wins). Also have 3 battles that aren’t 3 stars, so I’ll do them at the same time for a second consecutive no refresh red crate.
    It can be obtained with <100 battles, if you complete more boss feats and forego one of the 50 LS/DS battles.
    Yes. I just need some more LS and DS fights and get 425 code cards. 100 succesful fights are enough. However you can also do some feats without winning, e.g. thermal detonators. So lets say, you need 104 fights. Then you need 1575 energy, which makes 13 days, assuming you utilize all 120 energy that is restored per day.

Edit: now with correct amount of energy
    Post edited by zatho on
  • zatho wrote: »
    3 battles left to get the last event feat (50 DS wins). Also have 3 battles that aren’t 3 stars, so I’ll do them at the same time for a second consecutive no refresh red crate.
    It can be obtained with <100 battles, if you complete more boss feats and forego one of the 50 LS/DS battles.
    Yes. I just need some more LS and DS fights and get 425 code cards. 100] succesful fights are enough. However you can also do some feats without winning, e.g. thermal detonators. So lets say, you need 105 fights. Then you need 1575 energy, which makes 10.9 days, assuming you utilize all 144 energy that is restored per day.
    It’s not 144 per day though. You start with 144 but only restore 120 per day.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    zatho wrote: »
    Yes. I just need some more LS and DS fights and get 425 code cards. 100] succesful fights are enough. However you can also do some feats without winning, e.g. thermal detonators. So lets say, you need 105 fights. Then you need 1575 energy, which makes 10.9 days, assuming you utilize all 144 energy that is restored per day.
    It’s not 144 per day though. You start with 144 but only restore 120 per day.

Oh really? I thought you get 6 per hour. 6 times 24 equals 144. So where am I wrong?

Edit: Oh, it is 5 energy per hour. Thanks
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The novelty of Conquest is starting to wear off for me.
    While I completed this Conquest with a completely different set of Data Disks than the previous Conquest I'm still fighting the same teams and the same bosses, using the same strategies against the same modifiers, trying to achieve the same feats.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    zatho wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    The Rey fight in Sector 4 is a big wall for a lot of rosters. Strong rosters don't have a problem with it but I am seeing guild mates with weaker rosters struggle with that fight to the point of just giving up. I get making boss feats difficult if not impossible for lessor rosters but only the final fight should take a monster squad to win.

I've used my GAS-Team to get 30 attacks outside my turn. With wrong datacards Rey died after five strokes (she did go from green to dead, no activation of damage immunity. So I think it is not a problem of Roster but of wrong datacard/consumables

Which disks because that fight with GAS even with really good 501st is a monster? The AI targets Fives at every opportunity and by the second Rey ultimate, she one shots everything she hits. With the old disks still in the game, no problem but with the current round of disks GAS getting past that fight requires some exceptional disk choices.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    Which disks because that fight with GAS even with really good 501st is a monster? The AI targets Fives at every opportunity and by the second Rey ultimate, she one shots everything she hits. With the old disks still in the game, no problem but with the current round of disks GAS getting past that fight requires some exceptional disk choices.
    I think it was like this. The last two made the difference:
    3hjnijkn5gkj.png
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

th3evo wrote: »
    While I completed this Conquest with a completely different set of Data Disks than the previous Conquest I'm still fighting the same teams and the same bosses, using the same strategies against the same modifiers, trying to achieve the same feats.

Yep - and this is the catch 22 of them not showing actual enemy stats in this long of a game mode. Either it's a predictable grind, or they change it every time and we're playing blind. Either way, it's setting up to be a fairly lame game mode.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yep - and this is the catch 22 of them not showing actual enemy stats in this long of a game mode. Either it's a predictable grind, or they change it every time and we're playing blind. Either way, it's setting up to be a fairly lame game mode.
    The thing that makes Galactic Challenges fun is that I can poke and prod and experiment at will with no negative consequences (other than going stir crazy if I can't figure out the trick but there are plenty of places I can look for tips).

I understand that CG chose to gate Galactic Conquest with energy and stamina in return for greater rewards and I don't have a problem with that per se but it also needs some kind of fun factor otherwise its just another dull PVE loot grind, more like a job than a game.

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The thing that makes Galactic Challenges fun is that I can poke and prod and experiment at will with no negative consequences (other than going stir crazy if I can't figure out the trick but there are plenty of places I can look for tips).

I understand that CG chose to gate Galactic Conquest with energy and stamina in return for greater rewards and I don't have a problem with that per se but it also needs some kind of fun factor otherwise its just another dull PVE loot grind, more like a job than a game.

I'm getting annoyed with constantly facing the same squads. found one Tusken team throughout the entire thing and faced 9 NS squads (not counting the ones I saw but didn't choose). Why not more factions in use? This game has SO MANY toons and factions and Conquest uses hardly any of them. I faced 3 NS squads back to back to back. I know the excuse is 'well you chose those 3 squads' but shouldn't there be more options in 3 vertical slices than the same squad/faction? especially when 1 of those nodes was the *only* option?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021

I'm getting annoyed with constantly facing the same squads. found one Tusken team throughout the entire thing and faced 9 NS squads (not counting the ones I saw but didn't choose). Why not more factions in use? This game has SO MANY toons and factions and Conquest uses hardly any of them. I faced 3 NS squads back to back to back. I know the excuse is 'well you chose those 3 squads' but shouldn't there be more options in 3 vertical slices than the same squad/faction? especially when 1 of those nodes was the *only* option?

To be fair they use almost all factions - we're missing true Scoundrels/Smugglers (I 'm saying "true" because a lot of them are either Rebels, OR or BH which we encounter), Rogue One, Jawas and Mandalorians. The problem is team and modifier variety - every Jedi team is JKR lead, every FO team is Hux lead, every Ewok team is Chirpa lead, every Resistance team is JTR lead. Only a handful of Jedi are used in Jedi teams.
    Even though the team compositions change most of the time they feel the same because of their modifiers. It doesn't matter which GR team you face they are all pain (though GAS takes the cake). It doesn't matter which Rebel team you face etc.
    I focus more on the faction modifier than the team itself - instead of CLS lead, Mon Mothma lead, Phoenix I just see Odds modifier.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    More factions &/or more team compositions within a faction, particularly alternate leaders could make things more interesting. I like those ideas.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    -More factions and variations of those teams. So many untapped combos

-Better rewards. The whole “taking gear and relic material away” the higher the box you get is asinine. I’ve never seen players lose rewards for doing better

-FEAT COUNTERS

-More consistent variety of data disks

-Remove the cost to swap data disks.

I’m truly curious to see what changes if any they make before the next conquest in a couple weeks. I’m not holding my breath for any positive changes though
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m not holding my breath for any positive changes though

Fixed it for you.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    -FEAT COUNTERS

I've said it before, and will continue.. their complete silence on this indicates that nothing will happen here.
    These are not the counters you are looking for nor will they ever be.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I’m not holding my breath for any positive changes though

Fixed it for you.

Haha touché. Very well done sir
    -FEAT COUNTERS

I've said it before, and will continue.. their complete silence on this indicates that nothing will happen here.
    These are not the counters you are looking for nor will they ever be.

I mean…they are what I’m looking for, and will be until the devs actually get it done rather than release a UI update that brings several bugs with it
  • The lack of counters in real time is annoying enough, but all they have to do is include a progress screen after boss fights that list the feats with their goals & tell you how well you did relative to that goal before you click through to go to the page that gives you credit for any feats you accomplished (for the first time) on that run.

This way there's virtually no coding. There's no graphical clutter. But at least we know how many crits we got or TM we removed so that we know if our strategy is working & we just didn't quite get it or if the strategy is hopeless.

This isn't even a "counter" so much as it is an after battle report. Their programmers can do this as an interim step before counters are introduced, and they could do it in a day (or less).

Let's go, CG. I want the counters, but in their absence you have to AT LEAST tell us how we're doing.
  • I’ve had an Old Republic team that was just stupidly over preforming. A Nest faster than my GL Luke under JKR lead. Too many repeating hits from Ordo and Mission and Zaalbar with seeming 100% health steal. It was beatable but has been impossible to pull 3 stars on.

Also my data disks had terrible variety and my single 4 dot rare data disk, Future Vision, is also garbage.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member

-Better rewards. The whole “taking gear and relic material away” the higher the box you get is asinine. I’ve never seen players lose rewards for doing better

I had to review crates 5, 6, and 7 (max) to remind myself that earning less gear and relic materials the "higher" the rewards one earns was still a thing.

I get that I earn more character shards in the max crate, and I get that buying gear with Conquest credits reduces my ability to earn more character shards, so why can't I just crush the mode and earn my gear that way? Because I actually don't know how the Razor Crest and CAT are going to play out after Conquest; I don't have enough real-time information to not second guess my "educated" guesses.

It is asinine. I should be incentived to try my best in every game mode, with no paper zombies of any kind.
  • T1m0601
    211 posts Member
    Third Conquest hard in a row no purple disk :-/
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    I got really lucky with data disks this time around. 2 Massively Overpowered and 1 Booming Voice.
    I agree that if there wasn't a cost associated with swapping out data disks I would experiment a lot more and (probably) have more fun. I just stuck with my winning combo that took me through the entire (normal) conquest.
  • Is Entrenched going to be properly fixed for the next Conquest? Or is the new bugged version CG claimed was "fixed" the new "proper" way of working?
  • Also, what’s the deal with nodes becoming significantly harder as you replay them? Some feats require certain set-ups, but increasing difficulty makes this really frustrating. This is my #1 complaint.
  • Also, what’s the deal with nodes becoming significantly harder as you replay them? Some feats require certain set-ups, but increasing difficulty makes this really frustrating. This is my #1 complaint.
    This isn’t a thing.
  • Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.
  • Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.

1000x this
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.

1000x this

1yprggis8ei5.png

This is what I got. For a two week event, that’s really bad in terms of gear.

Double that and I think it would be far more equitable to the time frame
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    The true reward was the friends we made along the way.

Oh, and the CAT shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

And once I have CAT? Shard shop currency?

They literally just need to give the the amount of gear boxes from lower levels rather than take away as you progress along. Would it really be that detrimental to award the highest box with the highest possible reward?
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    TVF wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

And once I have CAT? Shard shop currency?

They literally just need to give the the amount of gear boxes from lower levels rather than take away as you progress along. Would it really be that detrimental to award the highest box with the highest possible reward?

I agree with you, however CG won't make money that way. They want you to spend real money on fake crystals to get more gear. CG clearly shows by their actions that the Character shards are short-term, (per each fiscal quarter,) revenue stream. The real farm is the gear/relic materials.

a 7* GLOW at gear VIII is not the true defining GL that YOU COULD HAVE AT R8!!! (pay for crystals to get the gear/relic materials for the new shiny toon we just dropped)

the struggles for gear/relic materials is real...
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I still haven't received my crate which is concerning. I did everything that usually makes inbox rewards pop up and still nothing.
This discussion has been closed.