Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The true reward was the friends we made along the way.

Oh, and the CAT shards.

And once I have CAT? Shard shop currency?

They literally just need to give the the amount of gear boxes from lower levels rather than take away as you progress along. Would it really be that detrimental to award the highest box with the highest possible reward?

I agree with you, however CG won't make money that way. They want you to spend real money on fake crystals to get more gear. CG clearly shows by their actions that the Character shards are short-term, (per each fiscal quarter,) revenue stream. The real farm is the gear/relic materials.

a 7* GLOW at gear VIII is not the true defining GL that YOU COULD HAVE AT R8!!! (pay for crystals to get the gear/relic materials for the new shiny toon we just dropped)

the struggles for gear/relic materials is real...

You know that real money is also fake, right?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

(the shards are the whole point)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anyone else not get their rewards? Max crate hard and nothing. Restarted several times. Called and they said known issue no resolution yet or any other info. Wondering how pervasive this is?
  • No reward. Max crate hard.
  • I got mine now.
  • I got T6 crate(hard), finished every node including final boss. rewards from an event that last over a week is really disappointing, definitely not worth spending anything on it (eg energy refresh)

This mode seems fun and rewarding at first but now it’s neither
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    -FEAT COUNTERS

I've said it before, and will continue.. their complete silence on this indicates that nothing will happen here.
    These are not the counters you are looking for nor will they ever be.

I think I read somewhere that they can't even create a counter without a complete overhaul of the code. Evidently the battle parameters are sent from server to your client, then the entire battle is played locally before being transmitted back to server. Evidently the feat trackers are all handled server side meaning a real time tracker isn't going to be a thing. Them doing it this way allows things like airplane mode for TW a thing, but also means people can cheat the crap out of the game easily, and means no real time feat tracking.
  • My biggest complaint remains. Please remove mk 4 stun guns and carbantis from the crates, and replace with nothing. Addition by subtraction. Increase odds of double drops for the right stun guns. Or how about adding full mk 5 stun guns to the loot?

Remove ticket cost for disk swapping. If it must cost something then regular credits like mods. Let us have fun with theorycrafting the disks we get. Even whales don't try because they require all tickets to unlock CAT least they fall a full cycle behind.

I can't comment on lesser gear drops above crate 5 which is all I can muster because of all the OP teams along the way such that my roster is incapable of fielding really more than 1 team unless I want to tempt getting 1 or 0 stars in the attempt at late sector 3 into 4. Don't know what 5 is like post the new disks replacing the good old ones.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

(the shards are the whole point)

And getting better gear for a 2 week event hurts how? The rewards shouldn't be based on just shards, we have other characters to upgrade and this should help alleviate the gear crunch. What good is it to unlock a new ship/ character if its going to sit on the bottom of the roster and not be used because a player doesn't have the gear? I get hoarding and resource management, so lets not beat that dead horse. If I'm going to grind out a gold or red box for 2 weeks, it should be worth my effort, this isn't a raid that's finished in an hour or two.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Once you have her you can spend Conquest currency on gear and relic materials at wandering jawas instead of hording it to get her faster.

Secondly, the event runs 2 weeks so that you can take your time with it. It's baffling to me that people spend all those crystals to grind it out in under a week and then twiddle their thumbs for seven days. Not saying you're one of them, but they exist. Since we're only going to get one of these a month, I would much rather it take two weeks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stiehl
    27 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Once you have her you can spend Conquest currency on gear and relic materials at wandering jawas instead of hording it to get her faster.

Secondly, the event runs 2 weeks so that you can take your time with it. It's baffling to me that people spend all those crystals to grind it out in under a week and then twiddle their thumbs for seven days. Not saying you're one of them, but they exist. Since we're only going to get one of these a month, I would much rather it take two weeks.

There will never be a time when it's safe to stop hoarding
  • NicWester wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Once we have her our conquest currency will be hoarded for the next character they're going to release. CG is setting the precedent and it's a pretty intense one for us to save our currency for.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Stiehl wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

There will never be a time when it's safe to stop hoarding

Depends on your expectations, I used up a lot and still wrapping everything at day 1. +there's a difference between hoarding it all vs. hoarding some.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Once we have her our conquest currency will be hoarded for the next character they're going to release. CG is setting the precedent and it's a pretty intense one for us to save our currency for.

How much would you recommend hoarding?

Not sure you need any for the character since you earn enough and cannot buy more than the prescribed amount of shards.

I'm sure some need to save it so they can ensure they get farther in Conquest, if they are not developed enough. Some may save some for disc changes, if they want to do such a thing.

In this case, hoarding doesn't really make sense. Saving and managing does. Yes players should and will manage this currency, but there is no (way to) reason to hold onto large amounts as there is no added benefit.
  • Stiehl
    27 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Not sure you need any for the character since you earn enough and cannot buy more than the prescribed amount of shards.

I'm sure some need to save it so they can ensure they get farther in Conquest, if they are not developed enough. Some may save some for disc changes, if they want to do such a thing.

In this case, hoarding doesn't really make sense. Saving and managing does. Yes players should and will manage this currency, but there is no (way to) reason to hold onto large amounts as there is no added benefit.

Cap is 3500, so I'm guessing people will get at least half that before they spend it. Personally, I'll keep running Conquest using as little currency as possible.No disc changes, no consumables, no gear.

Don't technically need more for one character/ship if you full clear, but that's also assuming you don't spend the remaining 50 currency on anything else. Consumables and disc swapping could make the mode so much more fun, but the currency gate makes people not want to use either.

You're just being a troll when you say saving/managing makes more sense than hoarding. You know people mean the same thing and are using the word hoarding to exaggerate the point and their frustration. You're just being pretentious. Just like with GET1 & 2, there 's an obvious reason to hold on to a lot of the currency for when a new character/ship drops.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Stiehl wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Cap is 3500, so I'm guessing people will get at least half that before they spend it. Personally, I'll keep running Conquest using as little currency as possible.No disc changes, no consumables, no gear.

Don't technically need more for one character/ship if you full clear, but that's also assuming you don't spend the remaining 50 currency on anything else. Consumables and disc swapping could make the mode so much more fun, but the currency gate makes people not want to use either.

You're just being a troll when you say saving/managing makes more sense than hoarding. You know people mean the same thing and are using the word hoarding to exaggerate the point and their frustration. You're just being pretentious. Just like with GET1 & 2, there 's an obvious reason to hold on to a lot of the currency for when a new character/ship drops.

So...what exactly is the point of your exaggerated point?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

What's the difference between "hoarding" and "saving and managing"? We don't know how well we need to manage this currency. You say that there is no reason to hold onto large amounts - how do you know that?

We went from 1200 currency needed for RC shards to 2100 for CAT shards but we still only get 2150 currency per Conquests. How do you know they are not going to add something that goes over the "limit"?
    What if they add a new character to Conquest along with R9 materials?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

They literally just need to give the the amount of gear boxes from lower levels rather than take away as you progress along. Would it really be that detrimental to award the highest box with the highest possible reward?

The real question is not ‘what’ but ‘when’. New characters conquest specific will come.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Ooooh so there will always just be a cat in the box and I can spend all my currency on gear now. Fantastic news!

Thanks so much, my friend. This is so nice to hear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

You can only buy, what, 3 batches? 4? You earn more than enough Conquest currency from each event BEFORE the prize box is given out. What are you worried about?

This is a completely self-inflicted problem here. You get the cash you need to buy the three batches that are offered. Why do you feel you need to hold onto more? Just buy gear. Jesus. Life isn’t some nine dimensional chess nonsense all the time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Ooooh so there will always just be a cat in the box and I can spend all my currency on gear now. Fantastic news!

I’ll be the first to say that he’s gone off the deep end….

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Hoarding is the same thing as saving and managing.

Also we don’t know how much to “save and manage” because there’s no precedent on how much currency new characters or ships introduced into Conquest will cost. The main point though is that there’s not nearly enough currency rewarded or available to get both gear and shards. It’s one or the other.

They either need to increase the gear given in the reward boxes or increase the income of currency so we can get some gear at least from scavengers in the event. Enough is enough with being stingy with gear already. Where’s the alleviation of the gear crunch they promised to look into? Not to detract from the main point of the thread but come on. Giving double the gear in the rewards box (and removing mk4 carbs and guns) would be a great start. That’s just the beginning of what changes they should make in conquest.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

You can only buy, what, 3 batches? 4? You earn more than enough Conquest currency from each event BEFORE the prize box is given out. What are you worried about?

This is a completely self-inflicted problem here. You get the cash you need to buy the three batches that are offered. Why do you feel you need to hold onto more? Just buy gear. Jesus. Life isn’t some nine dimensional chess nonsense all the time.

disks breaking mid-conquest is now a thing so that's something to worry about. Only thing I'd want to buy is the impulse detectors. Can't afford those and buy character shards. So what should I do? Just spend for no reason? Isn't this a resource management game? :joy: if my resource management offends you take it up with CG as they're the ones continuing to hold the gear economy in a chokehold long after saying they'd alleviate it with kyros (all that did was make it worse) and long after saying they'd look into easing the gear crunch they've inflicted on us. But given the design of Impulse Detectors, and that $50 pack in the shop, I think it's safe to say that gear crunch is their new focus for profit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

What's the difference between "hoarding" and "saving and managing"? We don't know how well we need to manage this currency. You say that there is no reason to hold onto large amounts - how do you know that?

We went from 1200 currency needed for RC shards to 2100 for CAT shards but we still only get 2150 currency per Conquests. How do you know they are not going to add something that goes over the "limit"?
    What if they add a new character to Conquest along with R9 materials?

Since there is no real "goal" to having 2k or any specific number, it's not really hoarding.

Look at GET 1/2, players are holding onto large quantities, "just in case" because we know that something released there would need some number to purchase, and it will take time to earn the necessary quantity.

This is not the case for Conquest currency. The toons released there are played for by the event itself. Many players do it without spending any extra currency, maybe crystals, but the currency cant be used for all necessary things to make a run work.

RC was not introduced with the process we see. The cost for toons from the outlined process will be the same.

Sure we can all make things up as the reasons to hold into more currency.

Conquest currency situation seems to have been designed around the idea of the rolling event. As we have seen from the correction they made, the goal is to be a bunch of short term goals. I.e. - the red box. That lead to a long term goal, i.e. - CAT.

They didnt put a bunch of stuff in the store for that reason, it contradicts the setup they want. they offer just enough stuff that you can but dont need to spend it in the store.

Holding onto currency also doesnt really "help" as its limited in how much you can save, you would spend it quick and then be "back at square 1", and due to the low actual income (+50 after the character is purchased). "Hoarding" doesnt work. Managing and saving a little to allow for minor flexibility, does. Personally I keep around 1k, to feel out this process and be able to swap discs as i want.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Also we don’t know how much to “save and manage” because there’s no precedent on how much currency new characters or ships introduced into Conquest will cost. The main point though is that there’s not nearly enough currency rewarded or available to get both gear and shards. It’s one or the other.

They either need to increase the gear given in the reward boxes or increase the income of currency so we can get some gear at least from scavengers in the event. Enough is enough with being stingy with gear already. Where’s the alleviation of the gear crunch they promised to look into? Not to detract from the main point of the thread but come on. Giving double the gear in the rewards box (and removing mk4 carbs and guns) would be a great start. That’s just the beginning of what changes they should make in conquest.

Yes I am pulling at the actual definition of the word.

It is different based on the cap, and the way the income is limited, after "necessary spending".

We dont know how much they will cost? We have an example, and a stated outline. It seems like we have the information based on CATs release and the fix they introduced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In an attempt to clarify:

GET 1/2: is hoarded in large quantities, because you cannot farm the currency fast enough to complete the event and 7* the toon in that time. Hoarding accelerates the release process.

Conquest currency: saving some quantity doesnt accelerate the release process, no matter how much you have it takes 3 Conquests to get the new toon.

Your income is also limited because of the rolling nature they are trying to give it. Meaning you earn what you "should spend" to get the toon, and a little extra to pad the players for spending on other things.

This event was designed around keeping a release process that cant be rushed or changed by the players (in)actions.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Yes I am pulling at the actual definition of the word.

It is different based on the cap, and the way the income is limited, after "necessary spending".

We dont know how much they will cost? We have an example, and a stated outline. It seems like we have the information based on CATs release and the fix they introduced.

Uh huh…except everything is subject to change so until a cadence/precedence is in place and followed, I’m not inclined to think this is the way (hehehehe)

My main point still stands. They need to up the gear in the final prize box or up the currency we get so we can actually partake in the gear from the scavenger as well as get shards for conquest characters. Right now there’s zero room for gear. It’s either CAT or razor crest shards. Not both.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

You earn exactly 50 more than enough, that's not much. In fact, if someone needs to use consumables, they earn less than enough. It's reasonable to want some emergency cushion, especially when we know that conquest can be rebalanced to keep up with player progression.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Oh, and the CAT shards.

That depends on the cadence of released characters and the cap limit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Oh, and the CAT shards.

Both of which are known factors. So how much?

Also to what end? How does it accelerate the character release?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Oh, and the CAT shards.

We know the cap and cadence is irrelevant as long as it's one at a time. A hoard is useful for disk swapping and emergency consumables, and also panic gear when something drops. I would suggest hoarding around 2k to be safely below the cap.
This discussion has been closed.