Grand Arena

I bought the hyper drive bundle and a few other odds and end. My Gp is now 1.5 million and I've run into a problem. Supposedly grand arena is based on GP but I keep running into dead accounts with significantly better teams than I have and the computer automatically puts those teams on defense. I've got 7 total zetas but no relics. Today I'm going up against a KRU with 2 zetas and relic lv 5. I simply cannot beat him, but the account hasn't been used in months. Why aren't these dead accounts removed from the game?

Replies

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I bought the hyper drive bundle and a few other odds and end. My Gp is now 1.5 million and I've run into a problem. Supposedly grand arena is based on GP but I keep running into dead accounts with significantly better teams than I have and the computer automatically puts those teams on defense. I've got 7 total zetas but no relics. Today I'm going up against a KRU with 2 zetas and relic lv 5. I simply cannot beat him, but the account hasn't been used in months. Why aren't these dead accounts removed from the game?

If it hasn't been used in months, how did it sign up for GAC?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.

• If it hasn't been used in months, how did it sign up for GAC?[/quote]

I think more to the point was how is a guy with a lv 7 relic and lv 5 relic character in the same Arena as a guy with no relics.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member

If it hasn't been used in months, how did it sign up for GAC?

I think more to the point was how is a guy with a lv 7 relic and lv 5 relic character in the same Arena as a guy with no relics.[/quote]

Likely hyperdrive bundle vs no hyperdrive bundle. Focused vs non-focused.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Do you mean Grand Arena or Squad Arena? What is your basis for not having been used in months?

Grand Arena, they would've had to have signed on at least once in the last week in order to join Grand Arena. GAC matches are based on the power of your top characters.

Squad Arena shards, on the other hand, are determined when you unlock them. If you took a break from the game, others on your shard may have outpaced you.

They will never remove someone's account. Imagine coming back from a break only to find your entire roster gone.
  • I'm not sure on the inactive side of things since for GAC you need to sign up for the event to have the teams at all. If your opponent isn't going online to set their defenses or attack you back, then congratulations on a likely free win as long as you can hit one of his teams (if he has an un-killable KRU then that's only one territory and you can attack the other).

If you're assuming inactive / auto-placed teams because he's put a powerful toon on defense, you should know a lot of people put their best team on defense in GAC intentionally. It's a pretty good strategy to make it easier to beat your opponent's score if you know they definitely can't beat one of your best teams - then if you can clear 3 territories you win outright. Works really well with someone who heals themselves when holding like KRU or GBA since they can't wear them down.

I've run into that relic-6 un-killable KRU myself and it **** (and I'm about 200K lower GP than you). It drove home that lesson about setting better defense teams, that's for sure.